April 24, 2014 | 1371 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2002 2:24:00 PM More reviews by jayd

I have very sensitive/dry skin and had been searching for a good moisturizer for a long time, when I bought this I thought I would be dissapointed, BUT it seems to keep my skin moist, smooth and doesn't irritate my problem spots. I would highly recommend this!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2002 4:38:00 AM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

How can you not love this intensely moisturizing gel? I use this on my dry spots and love the way it feels and moisturizes. No breakouts, no irritation, just nice, smooth, cooling moisture. I highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2002 1:34:00 AM More reviews by HelloKitty415

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Iam in love with this moisturizer! I have only been using it for about a month or so and I can see a big difference in the way my skin looks and feels. My dry, irritated, acne prone skin looks and feels soft and smooth now since using this product. The price is a bit up there, but well worth it cause you only have to use a small amount of it. I have been using his for a month or so and it looks as if Ive only used it a couple times. I would definately recommend this to anyone who is looking for a moisturizer that is oil free yet moisturizes so wonderfully.

FOLLOW-UP: I found that after about 2 months or so of using this, it really didnt do as good as it did in the beginning, I have now found something I like even better from the Clinique skincare line-Moisture In Control(u can read my review about that if u would like to).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2002 11:57:00 PM More reviews by karenclark46

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the moisturizer of the gods. It's absolutely wonderful, not at all greasy and leaves my skin feeling silky smooth. And it's clear, so no white goo on your face. A little pricey, but definately worth it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2002 1:53:00 AM More reviews by HelloKitty415

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently bought this upon hearing all the good reviews about it and I must say this is beautiful stuff! My skin is acne-prone, sensitive, and dry and this really helped smooth and hydrate my skin without that oily, sticky, greasy feeling, which is all I can ask for from a moisturizer. The price is not that bad either considering how little of this I have to use. I would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone with any type of skin, it really is great stuff!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2002 1:27:00 AM More reviews by sonnie_art

I was so disappointed with this product. I tried the two sample that I got and loved them. They moisturized super well and did not break me out. I bought the jar expected the same thing but it did not have the same results. It did not have the same consistency out of the jar. You had to apply more to make it work. It is not as effective as the tube. Sometimes I get very tiny pimples from this. I prefer Kiehls ultra facial mositurizer. However if they make Moisture surge in a tube instead of a jar I will buy this again. (too bad I just can't buy the samples in the tubes)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2002 7:18:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My skin has been really dry lately so I have been using this as a facial lotion. It helps my skin to feel soft instead of dry and tight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2002 4:34:00 PM More reviews by JaclynC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am loving this stuff! My skin gets dry and flaky during the winter so I decided to try this moisturizer. It's wonderful! It feels so light on the skin but it does a really good job of moisturizing. My flakes have gone away and my skin is really soft and smooth now. I've been using it morning and night. My skin is also acne prone and sensitive and I haven't had any breakouts so far or any irritation. I definitely recommend this product :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2001 6:42:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Moisture Surge Extra is best for normal to oily and oily skin, not dry. I've used the regular Moisture Surge for years and loved it, but wanted a bit more moisture for the winter months. After a few days of regular use, I did notice that the moisture was staying in my skin, more than the original MS did. The Extra formula is also very soothing because of the aloe, so I can use this even if my skin is acting irrtated with no problems or stinging. I have *very* acne-prone skin and this has not caused any breakouts or irritation. My skin is combo, but can get flakey from acne meds. and this keeps the moisture in my skin and calms any flaky areas. I'll be using this all year round, and won't be purchasing the original MS anymore as the Extra is much better. In the US it's $31 for 1.7oz. It's well worth the price, imo.**UPDATE**: It's 12/4/02, and I've been using this moisturizer daily for almost a year now, and still love it!!! It works perfectly as a light, yet hydrating moisturizer under foundation, as it leaves a smooth, healthy-matte finish. In the summer, I was spot applying it to any slightly dry areas in the morning, as I didn't need all that much moisturizer on those hot and humid days. Now that it's winter, I use it lightly all over in the morning, although at night I prefer Sage's Old Lady Cream. If my skin is acting flakey at night, I'll apply this over the OLC for added hydration or even mix a bit of each in the palm of my hand and apply it that way. In the spring/summer, I'll only use this at night, as the OLC will be too much. **UPDATE 4-04**: I'm still loving this!!! I don't like it at night, but it makes the most perfect foundation primer. If I ever stop using it or find something better (lol!), then I'll update again.INGREDIENTS: water (aqua purificata) purified, cyclomethicone, butylene glycol, glycerin, dimethicone, palmitoyl pentapeptide-3, aloe barbadensis leaf water, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, caffeine, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, hydrogenated lecithin, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, trehalose, sucrose, phenyl trimethicone, sorbitol, oleth-10, carbomer, tromethamine, stearoxytrimethylsilane, dimethicone copolyol, polysorbate 20, disodium edta , phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, yellow 5 (ci 19140), red 4 (ci 14700)
continued >>

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2001 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Ashleym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Moisture Surge is the best moisturizer that I have found. When I dont use it I can tell. My skin is combination to oily and for this being and intense moisturizer it really takes to my skin well. When I wear it regularly I break out less. Also it makes my makeup look better. I have used other moisturizers that make my makeup slide off or clump up after hours of wear. This I must say is an impressive product.