August 28, 2014 | 1709 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2002 9:21:00 AM More reviews by celedine

A friend of mine totally raved about this product convincing me to purchace it. I didn't find it all that special. I've got dry/combo skin that tends to get drier in the winter, but this wasn't really moisturizing enough for me(dry/combo skin). It felt nice on application, but after a few minutes it seems to disappear leaving nothing. However I do like to use this after I've put my makeup on, when I'm looking particularly dry or overly powdery (when my makeup doesn't seem to 'stick'). I put a little bit on my palms, spread it out, then kind of warm it onto my face. It doesn't disturb my makeup, but it seems to set it and make my skin look healthier.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2002 12:10:00 AM More reviews by julieswahn

When you plunk down $40 for a moisturizer, you expect quality. I have good luck/bad luck with Clinique products but my interest in this moisturizer was piqued by others' comments on this board. Glad I listened because I love this stuff! My skin feels like a rose petal haha! I'm really not kidding, though.. it is incredibly soft yet not greasy. I prep my face by washing with Ivory soap (I know, but I just don't see a difference with face cleansers), then I use a mild toner, then put on my other new fabulous purchase--Total Turnaround Visible Results--let it soak in a bit, put on the Moisture Surge Extra and ahhhh feels so soothing and not greasy. Oh of course then I add my Nivea Q10 eye cream ;) In the a.m. I can't believe how soft and radiant my skin looks--this one's a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2002 8:33:00 PM More reviews by marisa193

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is wonderful for dry, winter skin. It's gel texture is just lovely and absorbs instantly into skin. I use this when my skin is feeling extra dry. It just feels good on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2002 11:59:00 AM More reviews by lilstone

This is my new moisturizer. It keeps my skin pretty matte throughout the day and I drink alot of water. Goes on smooth and makes skin feel the same way. Great product would recommend this for anyone with combo to slightly oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2002 6:13:00 AM More reviews by juliazulia

This is a lovely moisturizer, with kind of a gel like consistency. It gives my skin moisture, but doesn't make my face oily or greasy. Perfect! When I use it, my face feels very soft and smooth. I have acne prone skin but I absolutely don't break out from this product. It is very pricey, but I don't mind the price for such an amazing product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2002 1:28:00 PM More reviews by GymGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my Holy Grail Moisturizer! It makes my skin velvety soft and it has no fragrance and doesn't break me out. It's perfect under makeup. The only drawback is the jar, I'd rather have a pump, but since this is the only moisturizer my skin likes...I don't care what kind of container it comes in. As long as it keeps working this well.
I have combination/sensitive/VERY acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2002 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Pam1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a wonderfully light gel moisturizer. It feels like "nothing" going on your skin, yet it lightly moisturizes. It sinks in right away and really feels "soothing" to my skin, which is dry and flaky from Retin-a, but normally oily-combo. Also, no breakouts at all from this stuff. It is a bit pricey, but it really does work well. I, too, whish it came in a tube instead of a jar, but oh well!
Edited: As I continued retin-a use...and with the dry winter weather...I just did not find this moisturizing enough for my skin (which was very dry and irritated). This moisturizer would work best in the warmer months...or for people with combo-normal skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2002 2:08:00 PM More reviews by noelle2328

This is an absolute dream of a moisturizer for combo/oily/acne-prone skinned gals! It's a cool, pinkish-colored gel that sinks into the skin real fast, feels light and fresh, and makes you feel baby soft! It will not cause breakouts whatsoever! Personally I love moisturizers that feel like they become a part of your skin when you put them on, that they're not an obvious extra layer! That is what this feels like! If I had known I could have gotten this cheap on ebay, I would have purchased it a long time ago as it is $31 at the Clinique counter which is out of my budget right now. I just picked up two tubes of this and couldn't be happier...my skin couldn't be happier!! **UPDATE** For some reason, after several weeks of use, it can turn my skin red once in a while, I think it could slightly be irritating my skin. I think it might be the aloe in it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2002 8:31:00 PM More reviews by visee

Great product! I have combi skin that normal moisturiser takes care of. But I was on a short course of minocyline and my skin became really dry with flaky patches. This is great for those with drier skins or undergoing acne treatment. It's oil free, non greasy and doesn't cause breakouts. Thumbs up!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2002 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Muriel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I should have known better than to buy this...but after hearing so many good things about it, I thought it would be just right - I have normal/combo skin that needs extra moisture in the Fall/Winter...
but this stuff did nothing for my skin. It felt great going on....but 10 minutes later I noticed dry flakes on my cheeks and chin that weren't there prior to using this! Seems weird to me...since every other reviewer raves about it, but I think it's the aloe...I find it drying to my skin.