December 22, 2014 | 1660 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2003 2:35:00 PM More reviews by gizmogirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised by this product. I'm a teen with oily skin and some acne, so I'd been using the typical teen acne cleanser by Neutrogena or Clean and Clear. But this worked better than any of that stuff! My acne has gotten better and my skin is so soft- it's gentle and feels clean. if i want to really refresh my face i'll rinse off the cleanser with 8-10 splashes of cold water and that really does the trick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2003 2:18:00 PM More reviews by kate8

Summer has arrived, but this year, my skin isn't freaking out---it went crazy last year when we moved to the Midwest, and all of my well-loved products seemed to give it trouble. I'm nearly out of my wonderful Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel, so since I'm usually more oily with the heat and humidity, and I have several abandoned cleansers from last year's skin mayhem, I thought I'd try to use a few up. This Cetaphil cleanser is a lathering, soapy cleanser, unlike the wipe-off kind that I occasionally use for normal skin, but it's fine---nothing fantastic, but cheap, works well, my skin looks great, no problems, gets my makeup off. It hasn't rocked my world, but it hasn't annoyed me, either, so I'll use the bottle up happily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2003 4:10:00 PM More reviews by rebeccathereader

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing. Both of my "celebrity" NYC dermatologists who have their own lines that sell in Sephora recommend this cleanser as a make up remove. Used once, it removes greese, foundation, and powder. Used twice, it gently cleanses the skin. If you decide that you would like an exfolliant, usually a no-no with acne prone skin that is sensitive to breakouts and scarring, use with a minimal amount of baking soda for a cheap, deep-clean. This is the best on the market!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2003 10:50:00 PM More reviews by CulturedPearl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my search to find a cleanser that would not irritate or dry my oily skin, I have come upon this product. I actually have the opposite of a t-zone problem. I break out on my cheeks but usually have a dry chin and mouth area so ultra drying cleansers like bar soaps and neutrogena products will leave me high and dry. This cleanser worked well for me in the winter time and call me crazy but I actually like the scent. However, now that summer is approaching, my oil glands are in over drive and I need a new cleanser. I'm thinking I might keep this for winter and switch to Aveeno clear complexion for summer

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2003 5:37:00 PM More reviews by scooper

Trying to save some money, I decided to try Cetaphil for oily skin since my skin tends to be a bit on the oily side once summer comes and original Cetaphil Gentle formula has worked wonders on my winter skin. First of all, this requires a lot of rinsing, much more so than the original. I felt more of a film which is quite surprising considering this is for oily skin. Furthermore, this is truly some stinky stuff. I gagged when I first put this on my face. Into the garbage it goes. What a waste of $6. I'll stick with Lancome.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2003 2:36:00 PM More reviews by cmnakamoto

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and this cleanser cleans without stripping. The only downside is that the product is watery so you end up using a lot for just one face wash.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2003 4:24:00 PM More reviews by LaurenJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Uggh, I really don't care for this cleanser. It left my sensitive skin very irritated and red, and the strong scent really put me off. I perfer the gentle cleansing bar to this. It's very gentle and does not irritate my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2003 3:08:00 PM More reviews by karibarilicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

ive used this on and off for a couple of years. i decided to come back to it because i was starting to break out again. thank goodness this cleanser is around. it's gentle enough for my sensitive skin but definitely cleans and helps get rid of those breakouts. i think i will be sticking with it this time... except during the winter when my skin gets really dry... ill go back to the original formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2003 6:27:00 PM More reviews by daisyduke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Found this to be a very gently but effective cleanser, makeup remover, has a scent to it, though not an unpleasant one. A keeper

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2003 5:30:00 AM More reviews by m_andy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After numerous recommendations (including one from a dermatologist), I decided to try this. At first, I loved it. It made my skin sooo soft, didn't irritate my sensitive skin, and was sooo cheap! Then, after about three weeks of using it, I started to get tiny skin colored bumps all over my forehead. All of my other skin products were under suspicion but i didn't even consider the cetaphil. Luckily, I read a review on another site and someone else had had the exact same reaction! I haven't touched this stuff since and my forehead is completely clear. I do suggest trying it for yourself because it seems to work for a lot of people.