April 17, 2014 | 1823 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2003 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Chirpy

I have been using this face wash for the past year or so.

Because it is from Cetaphil, and most every web site or book you read recommends it...I thought it would be good.

It is kinda good...but sometimes I feel that it dries my skin out more than a cleanser should. I am not sure if it takes off all my makeup either, which then makes you re-wash and use more of it...drying your face out even more.

It is hard to tell if it is helping or hindering my breakouts.-
EDIT -
**I am rating this a 1 now because after changing to Aveeno Clear Complexion...my break outs have STOPPED!! The more I read up on Cetaphil, the more I found out that I am not the only one that has seen a change after discontinuing use! This is one product I can actually say that I HATE!!! eeccccccck!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2003 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Lunia2002

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very oily skin and I used this for 6mon on the rec of my dem. It made my skin dry which of couse made it more oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2003 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Kelly207

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great cleanser for oily skin. It removes makeup well and doesn't dry out my complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2003 11:37:00 AM More reviews by nicolefrances

My derm recommended this to me. I have crazy sensitive skin which is more normal/dry than oily, but i really dont like the original Cetaphil. I love this because it does just what i want it to do - cleans my face, doesn't leave weird red irritated patches and gets rid of my mascara (which is never waterproof, btw).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2003 2:01:00 PM More reviews by spinthedeck

My dermatologist recommended I use this facial cleanser in conjuction with my prescription acne medications (Differin gel & Benzaclin gel) and I love it! It leavs my sensitive/combination skin squeeky clean, although in the winter months, I find I need a dab of moisturizer on my cheeks. I like the scent of this cleanser, it reminds me of "clean," although I've read others find it offensive. I also love that this comes in a pump dispenser, definitely more convenient & you can control how much you use much more easily.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2003 1:15:00 PM More reviews by gsanders

I chose this over the regular Cetaphil cleanser because I have combination skin, but unfortunately it left my face feeling dry and slightly stretched after each use. At the same time it left a noticeable film on the surface of my skin, (which I believe all the Cetaphil products have a tendency to do?). I used it for several weeks, thinking this reaction would subside, unhappily it didn't. The cleanser's plasticky scent didn't help matters.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2003 10:32:00 PM More reviews by LawC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best cleanser I have ever used. It didn't break out my skin or dry it out or make it oily. It is a gentle cleanser that is great for sensitive skin. I recommend it because it is really great for oily/comb. skin that tends to breakout. It is non-irritating to skin that is broken out. It didn't leave my skin tight or dry.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2003 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Shells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After hearing some great things about this product I bought it from Walgreens with high hopes and excitedly washed my face later that night. The first thing that I noticed was the smell...eww! A cross of detergent and bandaids. My skin didn't feel clean at all and the next day I noticed 2 small zits on my normally clear face. I seriously regret putting my money into this product but now at least I'm getting 'some' use out of it..I mix it with water and use it to clean my makeup brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2003 3:26:00 PM More reviews by jenna88chu

I use this at nite to remove my makeup. It works well, but it has a little hospital-ly smell for me. It works great for removing makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2003 8:22:00 PM More reviews by christallef

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product at night to remove my makeup. It is working fine for me. Regular Cetaphil Gental Wash will not remove makeup effectively so it is the best find for me so far.