April 20, 2014 | 1650 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by rinne02

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy Grail! I never thought I would find the perfect foundation at the ds! I hated the original CS, too thick and it broke me out. This, however is perfection. It blends like a dream, stays put in the heat, leaves a satin finish, I have not broken out after 1 solid week of wear, and it has very classy packaging. Even my husband said my skin looked really pretty. Please Revlon never discontinue this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Seattle9

I love the original Revlon Colorstay so when I started seeing reviews on this I had to try it. First off the jar is really nice and "fancy" I really like how it looks. It has a really gel like feel, like whipped cream and jello mixed. When I put it on I really did not have to use much at all! I was really shocked, a little goes a long way believe me! I had a little product left over on my hand when I was done. I got the shade 150 Buff which matches me pretty well just a little bit darker than the rest of me but once I get outside (since its summer!!) I will match and even if it gets lighter on me im sure some bronzer will fix that! It leaves a nice finish kind of dewy but powder fixes that if you dont like it. I have oily skin and did not set it with powder just so I could see how it held up on its own. I did not put much on but it did eventually dry matte but not as matte as the original Colorstay this has a very natural finish and looks great on camera. All in all I really love this foundation its much much better than the original and I am replacing this as my regular everyday foundation. I will be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by danafoxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this product in its lightest shade was far too dark for me, and pulled orange on my skin. i wanted something that is easy for me to wear in the summer and heat.
i don't wear foundation normally mainly due to the fact i have not found a single one that fits my skin tone. this was a major miss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I normally wear liquid Colorstay or Clarins Everlasting. I saw this at CVS and had to try it. I bought Early Tan because I have a slight tan and the color is perfect. You only need a tiny bit to cover your face completely and cover every flaw and even skin tone. It's more lightweight than regular CS and isn't as cakey. It controls oil and lasts all day. It's also easy to blend and feels like velvet going on. The darkest color is Early Tan (which isn't that dark), so if you have dark skin, you won't find a match. The shade range is very limited right now, but hopefully it will be expanded in the future. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

i absolutely did not need another foundation, but I couldn't pass this up. I'm about NC35 and I got this in the darkest shade available at CVS, Early Tan. It's just a tad bit dark for me, but it blends into the skin beautifully. It dries to a semi-matte finish and looks incredibly natural.

This foundation lasted the ultimate test today. I wore it for 5 hours in 85 degree weather and took a nap, and my skin looked so fresh and natural, I couldn't believe it. It wears so well and feels amazing on the skin. I recommend this to anyone who has oily skin like me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

UPDATE: NC25 girls our match does NOT exist in this line! I have tried FIVE shades of this stuff & have officially given up. If you must know, I think we match Buff best on our winter pale skin days & Sand Beige on our super tanned,just got back from vacation days. If you want to skip my lengthy rev on each, here's what I tried that did not work & which shades I think it best matches to:

-Buff-warm yellow tone (NC15)
-Nude-cool pink tone (NC20-NC25)
-Sand Beige-neutral tone (NC25-NC30)
-Warm Golden-warm yellow tone (NC35)
-True Beige-cool neutral tone (NC40+)

PROS:
-Light feeling on your skin
-Natural Looking
-Buildable to full coverage
-Long lasting tested on 10 hrs, with no powder/setting spray on top

CONS:
-Tacky feeling on touch
-Sticky surface catches & holds any residue on top
-Can leave dry flaky skin (even in the summer!)
-Heavy dense, opaque jar-bad to carry/see shade through
-Poor limited color range for undertones

After all the MUA and YT raves, I knew I needed to own this. As is the case with most DS items, finding a color match will be difficult. So I started with my first today-Nude. In the CS I was closest to Buff, but it was a tad too light & next up Nude was too dark; although according to the consensus it would be my best match for NC25; I disagreed and eventually gave up with CS. Back to the whipped creme-Nude has pink undertones & it seems the colors of this line don't match the previous one in CS. I'll have to go in and do an exchange for the Buff. I'll report back then.

1ST UPDATE: So I picked up the Buff a few days ago. Yes its yellow toned and a light shade. Unfortunately too light for me, it could probably work for me in the winter with a light touch of bronzer. I think Buff is best for NC15-NC20. But I did test it out for a full day of work to see if its worth hunting down my shade even for & YES it is. I wore it with just my Revlon photoready primer underneath, did NOT set with a powder (EDM in Light which is a foundation yes, I need the coverage) & did NOT use my Skindinavia Setting spray & it lasted ALLL day. If you live in NYC then u know it was 100 degrees yesterday, 5000% humid & we had a thunderstorm eventually. I was out for various parts of the day & faced all of it without this stuff budging. It looks incredibly natural & feels like a second skin (after it sets in a few mins).

I don't care if I end up buying 2 jars & custom mixing it myself to get the right shade, I will if i I have to because its that good. Its pricey investment for ds but hey I'd be saving $12 on EDM & $28 on Skindinavia so $20 for this (I'l wait for BOGO) for about 2 oz, is double the amount for HE and worth every penny. If you've tried Chanel vita lumiere its that feeling & Amazonian tarte clay its that coverage.

2ND UPDATE: So I went back and swapped the Buff for the next up -SAND BEIGE. Contrary to the popular belief here, I did nOt find it to have yellow undertones. At most it has neutral tones, I swatched on my wrist, palm, cheek, neck etc & could clearly see a tint of pink in certain lighting. Nonetheless, I can blend it in & make it work--sort of. But after a while, It appears as if I have bronzer aLL over my face, rather than just a contour (not my ideal look). This shade definetly oxidizes but IMO its probably best for NC30. I find the need to bronze more of my neck/chest area to get an even look. I read in a lot of blogs that WARM GOLDEN was the next yellow tone, but its THREE shades up (they definetly get darker as the #s go up). Even holding the jars side by side at the DS I could see an obvious transition of shade, so I didn't even bother. Now for my previous comment of mixing in Buff & Sand Beige to get the perfect color if necessary? Well I had a change of heart and here is why:

After I applied SB, I moved on to contour with my F05 (horrible brush that alwaysss sheds) well it caught on to the slightly tacky texture of Revlon's whip & literally got stuck to it. I quickly swiped a big powder brush over my face & didn't look twice to check if it was all gone.......until 6 hrs later at lunch I was horrified. I had strands of hairs everywheree, looked like facial hair & so much for a natural contour! YUK. On my way home that same day, I went in to get my eyebrows threaded & guess what? SAME THING happened. Im light skinned & have pitch black hair so just imagine-I looked like a wearwolf. I can't be this conscious of every UFO I encounter through out the day. For God's sake I live in NYC-i.e. shove through hundredssss of commuters at Penn Station daily. I've got other things to worry about, sorry Revlon. I truly tried. Maybe your best suited for those that have an exact color match, the extra time to clear away any dust particle floating around and require a good setting spray used religiously.

3rd UPDATE: Don't ask what made me ponder & pick this up AGAIN at my last ds visit. I almost knew it wouldn't work but the glowing reviews I've been reading here kept whispering in my ear. I quickly pulled MUA up on my phone & saw that alot of NC25s said Warm Golden was the lucky pick. I was iffy so I picked up the next up True Beige on the BOGO deal. Well the Warm Golden is warm indeed but more suited for olive skin tones or light skin gals with an obvious tan, not the natural kind (unless u live on the equator ofcourse & in that case you must not be a true NC25) and True Beige well this color would work as a wonderful bronzer to contour for me. Too bad I'm not interested in this texture/consistency for that job but just so you get an idea of how much darker it is to my skin tone. Lastly I noticed after taking these off it left my skin a bit patchy/dry with flakes. I read it contains salicylic acid, which is great for acne skin but would naturally cause this side effect. Another reason why I don't care for this product anymore. So go ahead give it a try---but you've been warned its a LOVE OR HATE relationship with this one

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Natural finish. Easier to blend than the full coverage liquid version. I prefer to use it in a cooler and drier climate.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Beachgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation has HOLY GRAIL status for me. I have oily skin and nothing has ever looked so natural, covered everything, stayed on forever in a lightweight formulation. I have tried Chanel, Armani, you name it and nothing comes close to this. Revlon, pleaese don't every discontinue this product!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do not like the traditional Colorstay formula. It looks heavy and masky and does not control my oil at all. I don't expect any foundation to keep the oil completely at bay, but Colorstay seems especially ineffective. So it was a HUGE leap of faith for me to purchase this product. I was swayed by the many positive reviews here on MUA.

As I age, I am looking for sheerer, more natural coverage. That's really hard to find in a longwearing foundation or those formulated for oily skin. Surprisingly, this fit the bill. It has enough coverage that I don't necessarily have to use a concealer unless I have fresh blemishes. It evens my skin tone nicely and covers any post acne hyperpigmentation I might have as well as some emerging sun spots that although still light are noticeable since I am very pale. And yet it does not look heavy, masky, or cakey at all.

The texture is nice and light, it blends easily and the finish is really quite perfect; neither too matte nor too dewy. I did not have any issues with transfer, but I did set it with powder. It controlled shine for about five hours, which is quite impressive, given the degree of my oiliness. And then it wasn't extreme shine, just a little breakthrough that was easily blotted away.

Often, the lightest drugstore shades are still too dark for my super pale complection, but Buff was actually a very nice match for me. I would like to get more product for my money, but I really needed very little product so I won't complain too strenuously. This was really what I had hoped the new Clinque stay matte was going to be like. Very pleased. The very last test will take a while to assess. I sure hope this doesn't break me out!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I had never known anything about this foundation until I saw it on display at my local Walgreens. It had Halle Berry on it wearing the shade Caramel. While looking at the actual shades on display, I noticed that Halle's shade wasn't even offered as a shade choice. The darkes shade offered on display was Early Tan. I definitely thought that it was a bit ironic for them to use someone of her complexion and not even offer a color matching her shade on display (where I purchased mines).

On the Revlon website, all of the shades that this foundation comes in is actually displayed. So, YES this foundation actually does come in a broader range of shades that aren't all being displayed at this time. The actual shade range for this foundation does consist of the following: Ivory (Lightest), Buff, Sand, Nude, Natural Beige, Medium Beige, Warm Golden, True Beige, Natural Tan, Early Tan, Rich Ginger, Caramel (Darkest-Halle's shade). Importantly, I do not understand why Revlon isn't offering shades in this foundation suited towards more darker/deeper complexions as well. I sincerely hope that they start doing so in the future.

I am of medium complexion myself. I have a pink-to-sometimes-peachy undertone to my face. My foundation shade in MAC is NW30. I was no able to swatch the foundation beforehand. There were no testers available on display for this foundation. Therefore, I had to do the best that I could in deciding which foundation shade looked like it would best match my skin's coloring. And, after a while, I ultimately decided to go with Medium Beige.

Medium Beige is more suited for individuals who are of the NW30 shade. It is not warm based. It is slightly more on the cool side instead. If you are an NC30 instead, I would recommend picking up the Warm Golden instead.

The foundation itself is pretty good. It is has a slight scent to it, even though thrte's no added fragrane. It is talc free. You do get a pretty decent sized amount of product in the jar it comes in. The wearability of this product is around 8 hours for me before I start to look more on the dewy side (this is without setting powder on top). With setting powder on top, my face really does stay relatively matte until I wash it off. And, it keeps it completely transfer proof as well.

Without any setting powder, I do get a little bit of transfer. However, it still wears relatively well nonetheless on my face. And, I do find it a bit easier to take off than the liquid colorstay version.

I can not attest to this product being able to stay on for 24 hours. I don't wear my makeup for 24 hours straight on a daily basis. And, I don't know anyone that actually does.

The consistency of this product is not like the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse at all. It has less of a solid consistency to it than the Dream Matte Mousse. Instead, it has more of "true" whipped texture to it. Also it does not go on rather masky and heavy like the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse does. And, it does no ball up on the face either.

I use Retin-A to help combat acne. Because the Retin-A is largely responsible for keeping my skin clear, I have not experienced any problems with breakouts from use of this product. Because we all have different skin issues, I cannot say whether this product will break out anyone's skin whether it is dry, combination, sensitive, oily, or otherwise. You truly must test it out for yourself first to really know if it will break you out or not.

Overall, I really do recommend trying it (especially if you have normal, combination, or oily skin). If you have dry or even very skin, you are certainly welcome to try it as well. But, individuals with dry/very dry skin, may find that they need a foundation with a bit more moisturizing properties than this one has.

12 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No