September 16, 2014 | 2035 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2004 3:24:00 AM More reviews by reihasama

I swear by this stuff. Around $10 gets you a big tub of cream that lasts several months. It can't be beat for the moisturizing quality, I use this after the shower every day and I have baby soft skin. This is great to use underneath perfumes, because unlike some unfragranced lotions like Lubriderm, it has NO scent whatsoever. I would be satisfied with using this for the rest of my life, I can't recommend this enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2004 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Javs

Love this as a night cream. It's too heavy for day wear cos it makes my skin greasy. I like how this makes my skin glow and provides a moisture barrier. Am planning on using this on the planes when I go travelling. I like massaging it in even though for me it never completely absorbs. Has not caused acne at all on my acne prone skin. YAY! No fragrance that I can detect, which I like. The lotion smlet really plasticky to me, but the cream is a-ok.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2004 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Lanier

*Edited 08/27/07* Moved onto Bobbi Brown's Hydrating Cream but I would still recommend this product*

I've been using Cetaphil cream for about 2 months with good results. No breakouts and it keeps my skin consistently moisturized & flake-free without making my face look shiny. I think this moisturizer would be too much for someone with oily skin, but it would be great for someone with combination or dry skin. I took off one point because there are no antioxidants in this product. It's just a basic (but nice!) moisturizer. I only plan to use this during the winter months as it would be too thick during the summer for my normal/dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2004 4:26:00 PM More reviews by jujube21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I will never stray again. Cetaphil has kept my skin soft and moisturized while I am at work 9-5. I use it ALL the time. I finally invested in the tub and it is completely worth the price. Although Cetaphil in the tub can be about 14-16 dollars - there is a reason for why it is recommended. Apply it right after the shower and your skin will be soft for nearly the entire day. During cold months and drying weather - I suggest mixing this with aquaphor for extra lasting power.
Cetaphil is not for everyone and may be too thick for some people. I find it is perfect consistency, compared to Eucerin which is far too greasy for me. This is also thicker than the LOTION (in the pump bottle) and probably better for winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2004 7:27:00 PM More reviews by BronxBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At long last, my beloved HG of moisturizers!! I have moderate rosacea with blemish-prone, dry skin, but this product gently and effectively moisturizes my skin without causing breakouts or irritation. It's especially wonderful during the winter when my skin has a tendency to become dry and flaky. It's also a nice body treatment, as well.

Ounce per ounce, Cetaphil Cream is very cheap and readily easy to find. Plus, using it every single day, the full-sized jar has still lasted me well over 10 months! Between the low cost and the high quality of this product, I HIGHLY recommend this for anyone with rosacea or sensitive skin! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2004 1:34:00 AM More reviews by mizinc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very moisturizing. Best one I've ever used, and very affordable

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2004 3:19:00 PM More reviews by casimmons23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this body cream!!! I had been a Eucerin fan, but this moisturizes as well without the greasy feel. I use it all over my body (not on face). Have already repurchased.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2004 10:59:00 PM More reviews by poegrl

If you are sensitive to pore clogging ingredients, then do not slather this all over your face! I bought this to try to help moisturize flakes, and the second I put it on, I knew it was going to cause problems. My skin couldn't breathe and I felt like washing it off because it was so sticky and heavy. Now, a day later, I have a full face of clogged pores (even in places that I never break out), new blemishes, and I still have dry skin. I'm so angry at myself for even trying it because every cetaphil product I've tried breaks me out. Just a warning for those who have weird oily but dry-on-the-outside skin like mine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2004 6:35:00 PM More reviews by gamine

I have sensitive combo Asian skin and this cream feels heavy and greasy on. The texture of the cream makes me feel as if my skin can't breathe through the layer of this cream and it takes forever to absorb, hours later I still feel like there's something sitting on top.

The first month of using this I went through horrible breakouts with my skin trying to adjust to this. After a break I went back to it and it hasn't caused that much of an irritation (now it's mostly a blotchy reaction). My pores get clogged by this and I use this cream sparingly. It also makes some parts of my face very dry, flaky (ie. temples, jawline, chin, sides of mouth) with some cystic zits and white heads showing up in places where I never get them. So basically I can't get uniform moisturization/results from this cream; greasy some parts, dry others with some clogged pores here and there.

If I was to buy this again (which I probably won't) I would use it on my body but I still think it's too greasy and thick for that. For example the cream did not absorb into my skin during a two hour lecture. It just ended up making my pen slip out of my greased up fingers while trying to write notes. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2004 2:38:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlJD

This is the best moisturizer i've ever used. I have normal skin so I don't get that really shiny look. It's just so emollient and leaves my skin softer than anything. This stuff is so cheap and unlike others I use this year round and it gives me a flawless dewy look that I just love.