October 24, 2014 | 1705 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2004 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Sugar31707

This product works great in the winter time. It did break me out in the beginnig with tiny red bumps but I've been using a BP gel now before applying it and no more breakouts. I use it around my eyes and mouth mostly. But it works great all over my face. It does feel kinda greasy at first, but after a couple minutes you dont even notice it. If you buy it in a tube, it's more sanitary, but you cant get it all out. If you buy the tub, it can get contaminated but you get more and you can get all of it out. I've already run out of the tube and just bought the tub and will rebuy when that runs out.This works great on dry flaky winter skin. I smoothe it on and go to sleep and then in the morning, my face is very moisturized and the flakies come right off.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2004 1:20:00 PM More reviews by emochick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I picked this up while waiting for my Origins Never Say Dry to come in the mail. I needed SOMETHING, my skin was horrible. Raw, tight, with horrible rough patches all over. Not fun. This really helped in a matter of three days. My dry patches are nearly gone. I'm not going to use this often from fear that it will break me out. (I have acne prone skin.) But this will work as a backup moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2004 9:33:00 AM More reviews by laru

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS! This is the only cream that I have ever found to keep my parched skin from flaking for an entire day. I have possibly the driest skin in the world, and this at least keeps it decent looking. With this and regular exfoliation, my skin is smooth and soft, unlike the scaly and rough skin before I found this product. Did I mention that I love this and would cry if it was EVER discontinued? Yes, this can be a bit greasy, so I don't know how this will work out for oilier skinned ladies, but if you have dry skin like me, I'm sure you'll love it! Somedays I find this a bit thick and hard to spread, so I mix it with a bit of Pond's Moisture Replenishing Cream to thin it out so it's easier to spread and that works great too.

It's quite cheap considering you're buying 16 oz of it at once, so if you get it at Costco (like I did) it's only $9.99 and less than a dollar per ounce. But they seriously need to do something about the tub, I don't like how the opening is so huge and I need to dip my fingers in there every day so I transferred it to a smaller jar so I don't have to contaminate the big tub every day and hopefully it'll stay 'good' longer.

I'll be buying this for the rest of my life. Literally.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2004 2:28:00 AM More reviews by cjenn

Ok, so I bought into the hype surrounding this product and bought this tube during one of my Jessner peels which makes my skin come off in sheets. Needing something very sensitive for super dry skin, I reached for this, along with the much touted cleanser. After using these a few times during my peels, the verdict is that I feel this is just an ok product. It is great at moisturizing, I grant it that, but not sure that my skin is in love with this. Makes it kind of irritated, despite its unscented formulas. Even the wash makes me burn a bit, maybe due to the peel, my exposed skin will burn with anything. Will have to use when all is healed and see how it behaves then. Will update.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2004 3:24:00 AM More reviews by reihasama

I swear by this stuff. Around $10 gets you a big tub of cream that lasts several months. It can't be beat for the moisturizing quality, I use this after the shower every day and I have baby soft skin. This is great to use underneath perfumes, because unlike some unfragranced lotions like Lubriderm, it has NO scent whatsoever. I would be satisfied with using this for the rest of my life, I can't recommend this enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2004 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Javs

Love this as a night cream. It's too heavy for day wear cos it makes my skin greasy. I like how this makes my skin glow and provides a moisture barrier. Am planning on using this on the planes when I go travelling. I like massaging it in even though for me it never completely absorbs. Has not caused acne at all on my acne prone skin. YAY! No fragrance that I can detect, which I like. The lotion smlet really plasticky to me, but the cream is a-ok.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2004 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Lanier

*Edited 08/27/07* Moved onto Bobbi Brown's Hydrating Cream but I would still recommend this product*

I've been using Cetaphil cream for about 2 months with good results. No breakouts and it keeps my skin consistently moisturized & flake-free without making my face look shiny. I think this moisturizer would be too much for someone with oily skin, but it would be great for someone with combination or dry skin. I took off one point because there are no antioxidants in this product. It's just a basic (but nice!) moisturizer. I only plan to use this during the winter months as it would be too thick during the summer for my normal/dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2004 4:26:00 PM More reviews by jujube21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I will never stray again. Cetaphil has kept my skin soft and moisturized while I am at work 9-5. I use it ALL the time. I finally invested in the tub and it is completely worth the price. Although Cetaphil in the tub can be about 14-16 dollars - there is a reason for why it is recommended. Apply it right after the shower and your skin will be soft for nearly the entire day. During cold months and drying weather - I suggest mixing this with aquaphor for extra lasting power.
Cetaphil is not for everyone and may be too thick for some people. I find it is perfect consistency, compared to Eucerin which is far too greasy for me. This is also thicker than the LOTION (in the pump bottle) and probably better for winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2004 7:27:00 PM More reviews by BronxBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At long last, my beloved HG of moisturizers!! I have moderate rosacea with blemish-prone, dry skin, but this product gently and effectively moisturizes my skin without causing breakouts or irritation. It's especially wonderful during the winter when my skin has a tendency to become dry and flaky. It's also a nice body treatment, as well.

Ounce per ounce, Cetaphil Cream is very cheap and readily easy to find. Plus, using it every single day, the full-sized jar has still lasted me well over 10 months! Between the low cost and the high quality of this product, I HIGHLY recommend this for anyone with rosacea or sensitive skin! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2004 1:34:00 AM More reviews by mizinc