October 21, 2014 | 1922 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2010 3:56:00 AM More reviews by l3xileven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. So many products I have tried for fair skins are super pink, and I began to despair of a colour match that would not make my face a different colour to my neck. I wear MAC NW5 - 15 and I need something very neutral/yellow toned.
Enter Siberia Sheer Glow. I thought it looked scary pale in the bottle but it goes on beautifully, enough coverage to hide small blemishes and uneveness but not so much it looks mask like in the summer sunlight. Feels like you are wearing no makeup and looks, according to my super critical hubby 'so natural'. It wears pretty well too, a good 7-8 hours with the occasional need to powder my Tzone. The colour stays true with no orange oxidisation, unlike *cough* Clinique's offerings for us fair girls. It's expensive, but the effects are worth it - I even bought a bottle in Deauville to blend in as I get tanned in the summer, as I don't want to be without this foundation!

My ONLY gripe with this is the stupid, old school packaging. A heavy glass bottle I am scared to pack on the plane, and no pump!! My cat jumped and knocked the bottle over, I probably lost £10 of foundation in one fell swoop.....and it is messy trying to get it out of the bottle. Please NARS, can we have a pump for it??!?

Despite this, I love the product so much - definitely my HG foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by gbaysa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The ONLY reason I'm giving this a 2 and not a 1 rating is because this is the only foundation that is a perfect color match for my yellow/olive toned complexion - in MAC speak I'm between NC30 and NC35 and I matched perfectly with NARS Stromboli. Other than that, this foundation settled into my fine lines, my pores, and made me break out in cystic acne all over my cheeks which is a place where I NEVER break out.

The finish is satin but even with a dusting of loose powder after application, oil blotting papers, and a midday powder touch-up I looked like a greasy mess and the foundation basically vanished on my T-zone. I had such high hopes for this to be the Holy Grail of all liquid foundation but, alas, it was not. Just a bunch of over-priced hype. Going back to Make Up For Ever HD foundation. I have to mix shades #123 and #127 to get a match but at least I won't break out like an 8th grader.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by DesertR0se

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard a lot of hype about this product before purchasing it. Overall, I would say that this is a good foundation, and I would recommend everyone at least try it. It isn't cakey and it applies smoothly. To get it to work, you don't have to really work with it. It's very runny, which I actually don't mind because it's such a light foundation and despite its lightness, it *will* give medium to full coverage. I've heard people say because of this that the name is deceiving, but in "Sheer Glow" I'm pretty sure the "sheer" refers to the "glow" and not to the coverage of the foundation. And it definitely does give a sheer glow. It's not as luminous as I'd like, but that's because it wasn't really formulated for dry skin (though dry skinned people can definitely be happy with it.) It's a great foundation, but I don't think it's worth the price unless it works even better on you. I personally may repurchase again, but not for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by ladyhana

I love this foundation. I've been using MAC's studio fix fluid before i had no problem with studio fix i also like that but this foundation is very light on the skin compared to MAC's sff. What i love about this is that it's buildable. All u need is a little amount because i noticed when i use a lot it tends to cake and i applied it with my hands. Yes with my hands. I never do that with my other foundation but that is the best way to apply this foundation like what NARS's MA told me. I jut wish it has a pump for easier application because it's so liquidy sometimes i spill a lot. I would definitely repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by bttrflyrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my favorite liquid foundation. It gives great coverage and is not as thick and cakey as other foundations. It applies very smoothly (I find it applies better with your fingers than a foundation brush). It makes your skin look very nice, but I haven't noticed it "glow" or do anything spectacular. Still, it's a great foundation. You definitely have to set it with a powder or it will get everywhere.
I really wish it came with a pump as it can get messy. Also, the color selection isn't that great in my opinion, but I found a shade that worked for me.
It's very pricey, but I think I will buy it again once I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by adventurous

I absolutely love this foundation. It's the first high end foundation I have really loved. My skin kind of rests between neutral and cool, leaning towards cool. One of the things I've learning at MUA is that applying pink toned foundation actually makes me look even pinker, an look I do not like. Instead, I opt for neutral toned foundation and even foundations with a bit of yellow to neutralize my pinkness/redness. My color is Ceylan, which is warm-neutral. It wears like a dream. I apply it with a damp sponge and don't need much to get a decent coverage that evens me out and neutralizes my pink and red, but doesn't look cakey. It wears ALL DAY. I've never had a foundation that wears all day like this one does.

It really is my HG. I've had so many compliments on how great my skin looks since I've started using this foundation. I'm really happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by rachelanneb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

my HG for sheer coverage foundation, its so perfect for a natural yet groomed finish. And I swear my skin feels softer after wearing it.

PROS:
gives a great natural finish
wears very well, even on my combination skin
Non-comedogenic and Fragrance free
very buildable for days when you want more coverage.

CONS:
lack of pump on the bottle
would like to see more foundation colors with a pink rather than yellow base

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this and at first I did not like it because it felt too heavy (I used the stippling method at first) but I realized that if I used my fingers I can spread it out better and make it lighter. The results were very nice. I have oily-combo skin and this makes my skin matte. I am unsure this foundation will be suitable for dry skin since it seems to be a matte foundation. Overall, a good foundation for oily-combo and maybe normal skin people. I will definetly go buy out once my sample is done.

(I advise you go get a sample first that way you will not waste your money if the foundation isn't right for you ). :)

UPDATE- I had to lower the rating because it broke me out! I am glad I just got a sample because that would be $40 down the drain.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by CurlyGurly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Good foundation but must be used with the NARS primer as it tends to bunch up in strange little patches especially if you put a powder on over it. I use Gobi with the NARS pressed powder in Eden but the powder is to orange for the shade of foundation :( My skin changes and i only use it when i dont have any blemishes, also for me it works better with a sponge or fingers.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by katalina

Nice foundation but way too dry looking for combo/dry skin. A couple other reviewers stated the same.
I find nothing sheer or glowy about this foundation. Very thick going on and tried every possible brush/moisturizer to thin it out and give it glowy look on my over 40 skin.
Oh, well back to Sephora it goes to try and find something that works for me.