NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 9/25/2010 2:49:00 AM

I think this product is.. eh... so so. It doesn't do that much for me. I admit that it is very lightweight and sheer, which I love. But perhaps my expectations were a little bit too high after reading all the raving reviews for this foundation. I didn't find it to give my skin any sort of "glow". I didn't find it to be that moisturizing. It doesn't seem to blend in that well either on my face, and I've tried using both my fingers as well as a foundation brush to blend. I actually tried using 2 different types of foundation brushes! I just could never really get an even coverage; it seems to streak. For now, I will be sticking with my Fresh foundation.

on 9/23/2010 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This foundation is no big deal to me...its just average. its way to expensive to be average. it doesnt reall give me a glow like it promises. it doesnt blend well and the finish can become splotchy. i dont love it, it just doesnt work for my skin for some reason. other nars products are awesome, but this didnt do much for me! :( o well...

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Love this foundation, I've been using it for 9 months now. After deciding I needed more coverage than the Sheer Cover mineral foundation I had been using, I tried and wasted money on a BUNCH of foundations including MAC STudio Fix which broke my skin out and left my skin with patchy dry spots. NARS sheer glow is the first product to give me GREAT coverage and not break me out. It gives me an airbrushed look and covers up my imperfections perfectly. Leaves me looking dewy and fresh. I haven't worn it with a powder yet, so I do tend to get oily after a few hours; I'm going to buy a powder soon. I actually have been using the same bottle for 9 months and still have 1/3 left, so the price is not a big deal if I only have to buy once or twice a year. I apply with my fingers and only need to use a couple dabs... LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! Great investment into being fabulous...

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Nars Sheer Glow is an odd product to me in that I don't really love it, but I use it everyday. It does not break me out as far as I can tell. Touch ups are a MUST with this product and if you have oily skin or live in a hot area.. forget it. This will be gone in less than an hour. I think I just really like the initial application of it. For the price, to me, this is not worth it. Im going to be purchasing the MAC pro long wear foundation and hopefully will like it.

on 9/20/2010 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation is wonderful. I use a Sephora Platinum #55 Airbrush foundation brush and it gives a medium coverage that doesn't look or feel heavy at all. You only need a tiny bit and it blends like a dream. I would say that it leaves a semi-matte finish because it's not completely dewy but it's not flat and powdery looking either. I do have oily skin so my face tends to get shiny after about 4-5 hours but that is to be expected and using a primer usually helps. I have a few blemishes and some acne scarring and I find that this foundation covers that very well. Nars Sheer Glow is an amazing buy and totally worth the money in my opinion :)

on 9/18/2010 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I gave it some time before rating this. I've been wearing this a few days of the week since I've purchased it. It's a great foundation for me. I do not find it heavy, and it does not make me look oily as a lot of foundations tend to do after a few hours. It last a pretty long time; it didn't feel like a mask, my skin can 'breathe' and it gave me a nice finish. I do not like that it did not come with a pump. I have yet to purchase one. Other than that, will repurchase when I run out. Great foundation!

on 9/17/2010 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I tried to love this foundation, gave it several chances, but it went back to Sephora. I'm NW20 so it was hard to match for us pink toned girls. Deauville was a bit light and too yellow. It would go on nicely but within a few hours it would cling to my dry spots. The coverage was good but it seemed to separate on my combo skin, sitting in my pores. I tried with my hands, damp sponge and a 188. Also, no pump??

on 9/17/2010 6:57:00 PM

This is the best foundation. I apply it with a 188 for light coverage, my fingers for medium and a foundation brush for heavy coverage and it's perfect every time. I'm a NW20 and wear the colour 'Fiji'. It's a bit pricey in Australia but teamed with the NARS 'Orgasm' illuminator it is definitely the best foundation I have had in a while. Also a plus it comes with or without SPF so great for anyone like me with allergies to titanium dioxide.

on 9/17/2010 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Love love LOVE this foundation. Before I used this, I hated liquid foundations for daywear -- I thought they were heavy, made you look fake and aged, and ruined your skin. So all I've ever worn in the daytime is concealer, and lately, pressed powder. For formal events and at night, I do wear liquid foundation for that really polished look that looks great in pictures and under nighttime lighting, but I would have never dreamed of wearing it during the day!
Then I decided to invest in Nars Sheer Glow. The first time I used it, I used a little bit more than a pea-sized amount all over my face and I didn't like it -- it was too full-coverage and made me look too fake. I dont' like my skin completely covered.
Then I tried using only about a half-pea-sized amount; I dotted it over my face, concentrating on the center, and blended it in with a stippling brush. The result was flawless, soft, dewy-looking skin that looked completely natural. It gave my skin a nice airbrushed effect and a glow, but it looked like I wasn't wearing makeup. It also doesn't feel like I have anything on my face. I guess now I've learned that with liquid foundations, it's best to use the bare minimum.
So this week, I've been wearing it daily; I use a tiny amount every morning, and I think the stippling brush is key. I used my fingers once and it didn't look as good as with a stippling brush. I don't set with powder because I don't want to swamp my face with products and I like keeping the dewy, soft finish of the foundation. It seems to last fine without setting powder.
I have normal skin (leaning towards dry sometimes) and this doesn't make my skin dry or accentuate dry patches; it's definitely more moisturizing than powder. I use a little moisturizer and Shiseido sunblock underneath.
I feel like it's made my skin a bit softer as well, and it hasn't made me break out. Mind you, I have nice, smooth skin to begin with; this just gives me that final airbrushed glow and covers up whatever spots I might have. I'm not sure how well this would work on people with a lot of acne, but for me, it's a definite HG!
(I use Fiji btw, which is light with yellow undertones, and it's a great match)

on 9/15/2010 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

After falling in love with NARS from their collection of Blushes (I still and will forever love NARS blushes), I decided to buy NARS Sheer Glow in Stromboli.
I heard one of my favourite youtuber spoke highly of it, I immediately went out to my closest NARS counter to get a colour match and also to buy it. At the counter with all the superficial lighting, the SA matched me to Stromboli, which looked great right there right then.
After spending $200 at Mecca Cosmetica that day, I was feeling a little a dodgy already, and the last thing I need was for my foundation to be horrible.
I wore Sheer Glow for a week, and let just say I cannot justify the price of $99AUD for this foundation (Makeup in Australia is a real rip off). My first disappointment was the shade Stromboli has a very heavy yellow undertone which in natural/ordinary lighting did not match me at all, I looked like I was glowing yellow all the time. But nonetheless I was more into the quality of this foundation, so if the colour wasn't right I can just get an exchange no problem.
This foundation was very easy to blend, it is light to medium coverage, I dont believe I can build it up. It dries really quick to a slight powdery finish so I dont need to set it with a powder nor would I need a powder on top of this foundation. It feels very light on, but again durability is so poor it wont even last for 2 hours. rubs of on everything, by 11am my face will look like it's completely naked. It doesn't matter whether I used a good primer or not, this foundation was just horrifying to me.
Absolute waste of money, and this wasn't the only NARS liquid foundation I was upset with.

Video Reviews & Tutorials