eos Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

3.4

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax (Cire D’abeille), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Natural Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Linalool

on 8/9/2010 2:59:00 PM

Have to admit, all the hype on Youtube and Blogger had me lemming for this balm. Finally found it in Rite Aid for $3.29 a piece, not bad but they only had Summer fruit and Honeysuckle Honeydew.

Pros
organic
paraben free
cute packaging
scent (depends on your own preference but I personally like the scent)
moisturizes
covers more lip area when applying

Cons
hard to find
no spf (lemon flavour is the only one with spf)
pricey compared to other balms
easy to smash them with the cover

Overall it's just like any other lip balm on the market but what sets it apart is of course the cute packaging.

on 8/6/2010 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

All the hype about this balm got me hyped about it also,but i wasn't thrilled when i tried it,i wanted to love it but,its a normal lip balm in cute packaging,this balm has nothing on good ole Carmex,was dissappointed.

on 8/3/2010 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I never would have guessed that I'd be this thrilled about a lip balm!

I must admit, I was lured in by the original packaging design. When I first found the 3 pack at Walgreens, I was a bit taken back by the high price, $10...for lip balms?!? No way. As I was standing in the checkout line however, I spotted a single package on sale for $3 and picked it up.

I just love this lip balm!! I wondered how it would be to apply, given the different type of packaging, but it goes on very easily. It doesn't feel waxy, slimey, or thick at all. It seems to absorb pretty nicely and doesn't leave me feeling like I have to reapply when it does.

The lip balm has a subtle scent, but no taste at all, which I appreciate.

This balm leaves my lips feeling moisturized even the next day after using it overnight. I'm sure I will end up going back to Walgreens to get that 3 pack after all and I will continue to purchase these!

Edited 8-4-10: I just went back to Walgreens and bought the 3 pack! LOL Got another Summer Fruit, along with Spring Mint and Honeysuckle Honeydew!

on 8/2/2010 5:28:00 PM

I absolutely love this lip balm. It does leave my lips a little waxy but more importantly it moisturizes really well. I love love love the packaging, I think it looks super cute. All in all great product and I think I'm gonna collect the whole set ^-^.

on 8/1/2010 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

i loveee this chapstick! i wanted to buy the whole set but could never find it in stores so i ordered it off target and i was so excited when it came in. i plan on buying some more because i am running out. :)

on 8/1/2010 4:33:00 PM

I would buy this for the packaging alone! It is just too cute! The scent is another great selling point for this product- this is my favorite of the two I have (also have the melon one). The balm itself is nice and moisturizing and feels and looks so great on the lips! Comes with a nice amount of product too! Very competitively priced and the ingredients are 95% organic with a bunch of good stuff for your lips. Go get this!!!

on 7/30/2010 2:32:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

So, one day I had went for a walk with my little sister and we had stopped in Walgreens because she had been complaining that she was thirsty and me, being the lip balm lover that I am, HAD to stop at the lip balm rack since my mom decided to steal my favorite balm and left it in her car to melt.

I had overlooked this at least 3 times before the surprise actually kicked in. Seeing the way it was packaged made me do a "o-O" and then I thought "This is a lip balm?"
After a moment my face went from "o-O" to "o-o" them ":D"
It was adorable! The post-modern style packaging made the revolutionist in me do a mental happy dance. Not only that, but it was completely natural and nearly 100% organic, which made the tree-hugger in my dance with the revolutionist. It was a little pricey, seeing that it was a drugstore lip balm, but I bought it anyway.

This is by far my favorite lip balm. Not just because of the packaging (though that does help) but because it smells good, it's moisturizing, and it's long-lasting.

However, I will admit that after taking this off it leaves a little waxy residue that makes you want to either re-apply the balm or take a wet wash cloth to your lips. It also doesn't have any SPF, which is a little disappointing, since I'm also a fan of SPF products. (Though I've concluded that this problem could be fixed by applying a lip balm with SPF over it)

If it wasn't for those things, this would be a perfect product. I still rated it with a 5. Those small defects aren't worth one whole lippy, though if this was a ten-point scale, I would rate this product a nine.

And, yes, I did make this review in story form. Just because this product was that awesome. I will buy this again.

on 7/29/2010 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

love the packaging! but the product itself sucks,not very moisturizing.i rather stick with softlips :)

Eh, mixed feelings. I like the packaging, I think it's pretty cute, but rather inconvenient if you're wearing jeans and like to stick balm in you pocket. Now, the balm itself is not that great. It's somewhat waxy and doesn't moisturize at all (self admitted lip balm snob though). The scent is just awful, the first time I brought the sphere up to my nose, I gagged. However it does make a really cheap pretty effective lip primer, which is why I at least gave it a two. But really, as far as lip balms go, there are so many better ones out there that aren't stinky >.<

on 7/28/2010 8:04:00 PM

The packaging is amazing. The scent is amazing too! Also, it is very smooth and moisturizing.
The packaging is a sphere and it looks like an egg. The summer fruit one smells like a peach, mango, and mangosteen. Because I got the summer fruit one, it is in a pinkish reddish packaging. When you twist the cap off, it is a round ball. Before you first open it, it looks like you would have to dip your finger in it, but you don't! It is like a stick lip balm. There is 0.25 oz (7g) of product in it. What I really like about the lip balm is that it is 95% ORGANIC and 100% NATURAL, which is AMAZING!!!!! Definitely going to repurchase(:

Popular Lip Treatments

Baby Lips Lip Balm
Prep + Prime Lip
Beeswax Lip Balm

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Best To Worst: EOS Lip Balm Review by kaylesTalk

Worth The Hype? | EOS Lip Balm VS. Nivea Milk & Honey Lip Care (Review) 2014 by thatgermangirl08