eos Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

3.4

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax (Cire Díabeille), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Natural Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Linalool

on 8/23/2010 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this yesterday in a 3-piece set with the lemon and honeydew balms at Walgreens, and I'm very impressed after only a day of use. It takes a lot to impress me with lip balms, I've been a Burt's Bees person for years but I think I might like this one better! This one doesn't sit as heavily on my lips or feel waxy like BB does, but I do think it moisturizes. I don't feel like I need to re-apply it as often as I do with BB, which is convenient.
The packaging is definitely out there but it's very innovative, I wish there were more balms like this. The sphere is really easy to apply, it covers your entire lip. While it doesn't fit in my pocket very well it's easy to find it in my bag. I really like all of the scents, too, they're not too strong and smell nice.
My package of 3 balms set me back $10, which isn't that bad compared to BB, and according to the labels the eos balm has more product in it. I'll have to see how long it lasts, but I'm very happy with my purchase.

on 8/22/2010 5:02:00 AM

what does 95% organic mean? what a joke. either a product is organic or it's not. that is like saying a product is 95% non-toxic. come on.

i love the packaging. it is easy to grab and carry. the lid twists closed and locks into place. the ball of lip balm inside is so convenient and comfortable to apply. it smells and tastes great.

i have mixed feelings about the balm itself. at first i was disappointed but it is really growing on me. it's not the best lip balm i have ever tried but the packaging compensates. you can really work the product in. i wish softlips would produce a ball packaging like this. that would be perfect.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

i just jumped on the bandwagon with this one, and im pretty glad i did. it does moisturize very well and provides a great base for lipstick/liners. i love the smell and taste. i love the sphere. its so easy to find in my bag and makes a great conversation starter. it was like 4 bucks which is kind of expensive for a lip balm but if i dont lose it im sure it will last. not hg status but a def keeper

on 8/20/2010 11:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This smells AMAZING (like the trident mango gum) but it's not as moisturizing as I'd hope. Love the packaging!

I'm a huge fan of the eos lip products, and this is by far my favorite one! I LOVE the way it smells, and overall it is a great product that has a decent price! Since I began using the eos lip spheres at the start of the summer, I have noticed a real difference in the softness of my lips. I would definitely recommend trying these!

on 8/20/2010 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this lip balm. It's one of my current favorites in my collection. I love the smell and of course the packaging is awesome (I'll admit it, it's the reason I bought it). The quality surprised me as I was worried this was just a gimmicky product. My lips really do feel moist and i feel like their quality has improved since I've started using this (though maybe it's just because I have so much fun applying it to the point where I put it on way too often). My only gripe is that it's a bit hard in texture (the lemon one has a better consistency to me). Still, I would definitely repurchase. I also have the other two. My favorite is the lemon one. Not as big a fan of the melon one.

on 8/20/2010 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really don't get why people love these eos lip balms. I personally think they are rubbish, especially the red one (summer fruit) and the green one (honeysuckle honeydrew). The smell on this red lip balm is awful; it's synthetic and really nauseating. It reminds me of bad candy that is supposed to smell strawberry or any other kind of red fruit. Iím aware of the fact that a lot of people think the red egg is the one that smells best, but I want to throw up after smelling it. The consistency is dry, like a wax kind of thing, as the reviewer under me stated. I don't get any moisturizing effect of rubbing it on my lips, which I believe is the purpose of this lip balm. I can see that the packaging is practical and more hygienic than for example lip balm in a lid, but I think it looks really childish. We sell these "eos eggs" in the store I work for, and they do sell really well, especially to younger people. I suppose this could be a good gift for your 12 year old sister, but that's it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Waxy. Horrible smell -- to say it smelled like fruit would be a unfair to fruit. I totally don't get the packaging, which is what lured me into it in the first place. There's just this big hunk of waxy, white-ish "balm" that you're supposed to rub all over your mouth. I don't know how this made it out of the testing phase.

on 8/20/2010 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the packaging ! It looks really cute and I admit that's the only reason i bought it. Unfortunately it's not a very mouisturizing lipbalm though it gives a really nice sheen to my lips. It moisturizes only for an hour or so and later it's gone and my lips go back to normal. Plus I don't really like mango smell in cosmetics and to me it smells a lot like mango rather than any other fruit.

on 8/18/2010 10:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have got to say this is a hate turned love relationship with this balm. After all the hype talk on youtube I decided it would be nice to try it out since I lost all my other drugstore chapsticks. At first what drew me in was the packaging so when I bought it it was fun to just mess with and when I opened it, it smelled so wonderful!! I absolutely love the smell of this thing. Of course you might want to be careful if your a picky smeller, because I also bought the lemon one with spf and it was too overwhelming in sweetness in my opinion. But anyways with the actual product itself it seems like your lips get accustomed to the formula and after a couple of uses my lips really started to get the moisture from this thing. I think what it was, was that I warmed the formula up and wore down the outter coating of product to actually get the good stuff inside. So all and all this is pretty much like a relationship sorta balm. Work at it till you get the inside sorta product and you'll definitely see better results. Of course the one lippy it lost was because of the fact that I really want a honeydew version and so far I can only find summer fruit and lemon drop everywhere I go. :(

Popular Lip Treatments

Beeswax Lip Balm
Beeswax Lip Balm

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Best To Worst: EOS Lip Balm Review by kaylesTalk

Worth The Hype? | EOS Lip Balm VS. Nivea Milk & Honey Lip Care (Review) 2014 by thatgermangirl08

Top Rated Lip Treatments