August 30, 2014 | 1812 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by bernrome

I think every beauty guru on YouTube has this in a haul video, which is precisely why I had avoided buying this product for so long. But I came across it at Tom Thumb for $2 and I couldn't resist any longer.

Let me just say that Carmex has been my favorite lip balm for years. I've tried lots of other brands, but I always go back to Carmex. This little circular sucker, however, might just be the one that rips me away from Carmex forever.

The packaging is nice and all, but the product alone is worth all the buzz. Most balms I've tried don't really penetrate the surface, That's not the case with EOS. It goes beyond the surface of my lips, and it leaves them soft for hours. I can go 3 or 4 hours without having to reapply. The smell is pleasant and subtle--perfect for summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 7:50:00 AM More reviews by AnnMac

I am addicted to this!!! Smelly yummy!!! Definitely an HG! Will stock up on these!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2010 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Michellica

I love this lip balm! I have always been a lip balm/chapstick/lip gloss junkie because of my often dry/chapped lips... and I am so happy to have this product. I needed something that was organic and didn't contain any comedogenic ingredients and I found it :). I have oily acne prone skin and some chapsticks would clog the pores along my lipline and cause pimples there, ewww. Unfortunately it does not have spf but they just came out with a new lemon lip balm with spf 15, can't wait to buy it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by ensei

Was the packaging what drew me in? Without a doubt. Walking into Walgreens to grab something quick, I just had to grab two of these interestingly shaped lip balms (they were 2 for $6) in Summer Fruit and Honeysuckle since I'm always trying out new lip balms anyway. I eventually gave Honeysuckle to my sister, but kept the Summer Fruit. The packaging is a novelty - every time I whip it out, people around me ask me what it is.

The smell is sweet and reminds me very much of the asian Flower Kiss candy I ate when I was little. However, the product itself? Mediocre. It's somewhat waxy but still moisturizing when put on, but after a short while (less than an hour), my lips are dry again. With this lip balm, I felt I had to apply again over and over to keep my lips moisturized. So for all intents and purposes, this has failed as a lip balm to me. I even tried using this at night before bed, and woke up to chapped lips. No, it's not the greatest lip balm for me as I do have a tendency towards drier lips, but it's still worth a try for novelty's sake. Maybe if you don't have a tendency towards chapped lips, this would work better for you. Still, I'm sticking with my favorite Jack Black lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Louzee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like many out there, I AM A COMPLETE SUCKER FOR FUNKY PACKAGING. With that being said, my decision in purchasing this product is based on 70% packaging and 30% quality. I bought the three pack they had during X-mas of 2009 and I have yet to use up the one I chose which is the Summer Fruit flavor/scent. There's not much to say in quality. It works like most other balms out there. And Summer Fruit pretty much smells like any other fruit fragrance lurking around a million other products in the market. The huge sphere does allow maximum application of both your upper and lower lips. It's smooth and waxy which I personally like in a lip balm because I feel it makes a better base for lipstick and gloss. I bought the 3 pack at my local walgreens for $9.99 which isn't bad considering I bought my Burt's Bees 3 pack balm (another LE) for $9.99 as well. You get a lot of product for what you pay for which is why I plan on repurchasing in the event I actually finish one of these things. Great product. I definitely recommend especially if you're into eclectic looking things.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by photographsNwhite08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

There are MANY things from this lipbalm that I absolutely love, the packaging being one of them. The scent is AMAZING, like I almost want to eat it pretty much. Very fruity and not too strong, very nice scent. The moisturizing of this product is excellent, but sometimes if I put the wrong product on top of it, it makes me lips feel drier, but most of the time, it's because of a lipgloss or something of the like. But overall, I really do LOVE this product.

I have the Honeysuckle Honeydew one as well, but I haven't used it yet. I like the smell of it better than Summerfruit, but I want to wait until I've used up Summerfruit to use it. I may write a review of it after I've used it a while likewise this lipbalm.

I definitely recommend going out and FINDING this thing. It's kinda difficult to find in my town, because I live in such a small town. It took me flippin' FOREVAAAA to find these! I went to Wal-Mart, Walgreens...and I'm not sure if I looked at CVS, but I should check. I finally found them at Rite-Aid for $3.29 and I got two. But if you live in a much larger town, you might not have as much trouble as I did.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by renyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly, it's the packaging design that caught my attention when I decided to purchase this product. Unlike most lip balms I've used, this is very accommodating to your mouth's shape; it basically covers all your mouth areas providing an even application.

The summer fruit scent is subtle. The product doesn't leave a glossy, almost oily film over your lips like carmex which I appreciate and in terms of moisturizing goes, it's OKAY. However, for those who has very dry lips, I don't think this lip balm will be moisturizing enough for you.

Overall, I find the product okay but would not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by curlyforjustice

I was fairly disappointed with this product. For me, it simply did not do its job, namely moisturize my lips. It was a very heavy product, and after some time it left an unpleasant residue. After a few applications my lips felt drier.

For the price I feel it should have worked. There are many far cheaper, and more useful, alternatives.

It did smell nice, and the packaging is innovative, but seems to ultimately attempt to distract from a useless product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 8:09:00 AM More reviews by nichollezoe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this EOS lipbalm. I had to order it from the internet and it took weeks to arrive. Approximately 2 weeks.
They don't sell it here from where i am right now.
I personally found this lipbalm cute because of it's packaging and that is mainly the reason why i got it. It glides on perfectly and it moisturizes my lips perfectly.
I prefer summerfruit because i like something sweet on my lips.

So i would definitely purchase this product again in the near future.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by beckkfo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As I admit in my other reviews....I am a lip balm/lip treatment monster. I cannot walk into a drugstore without buying some kind of lip balm, and i am constantly on a search for the best one.

I LOVE EOS lip balm. I have been using it for about a year, and have all of the flavors. I hate lip balms that are too strongly scented, but I sincerely like all of the flavors. My favorite at the moment is the summer fruit. Fruity smelling, but not too strong.

EOS lip balms are easy to find in a purse, fun to use, and super creamy and moisturizing. They are also conversation starters! All of my friends have started using them and love them too. You get the fun of a 'pot' style lip balm, but without getting balm all over your fingers (unsanitary eww). Try one out! I have seen them in Rite Aid, CVS, and Walgreens so far.