October 2, 2014 | 1866 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by cdao

EOS was a lip balm that I wanted to like due to its adorable packaging and super sweet smell. However, this was not the case. Personally, I found the balm to be non-moisturizing upon application. Plus, the application itself is not smooth, rather it's a tugging sensation that I find to be uncomfortable. I will not repurchase and I will not recommend to friends and family.

Warm Regards,
Cdao

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by tristinbrittany

I love these! So convenient. They are all smooth and moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The scent of this is great! I also like the way this feels on my lips. Moisturized, a bit moist, a bit tacky and it lasts a decent amount of time. I'm torn about the packaging. It's a little tough to get into quickly and of course it's not a precise application. But I love the color of the package, the way you twist it open and honestly the ball of lipbalm is just fun! Overall I really like this, it's easy to wear under lipstick, you don't have to touch your fingers to it and the 100% natural ingredients are awesome since you injest so much of your lipbalm anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by janicew9

I was so excited to FINALLY see this in my walgreens today, i just had to get one. i picked up the summer fruit one, an these are my first impressions-
1-SMELLS AMAZING!!!!!
2-good moister!
3-Cute packaging-but difficult to open and close, especaily when doing somthing else like driving or walking. you wil never lose it, but it makes it hard to store too-ie. doesnt fit in my pocket very well
I want to try the melon one too! will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by AndieHeartsMAC

I really wanted to love this product. The EOS lip balms seem to have quite a following, and I really apreciated that it was certified organic. When I found this at my local Walgreens I bought it in both Honeysuckle Honeydew and Summer fruit. It was cheap, so I thought "why not?"

This balm is very waxy, much like Burts Bees, which I am not a fan of. The shape of this also makes the balm difficult to put on with any precision. I didn't find this balm to be very moisturizing either. The Summer Fruit scent/ flavor, however, was very nice.

Though this balm may be natural, it have several products that I would never put on my face because they are very pore clogging, including shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax. Because precision application is not possible with the shape of this, some balm was bound to get on the skin around my mouth. When I used this balm I noticed a bunch of tiny whiteheads around my mouth. Between that and the waxy feeling, this was tossed in the trash.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

had to try this-it's a pretty great product for the price. smells great, feels good on, and was not difficult to apply! i dunno what you do when you get down really low, but i think you could still get it out with a fingertip. i think the packaging is cute, and i like the smell, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by bernrome

I think every beauty guru on YouTube has this in a haul video, which is precisely why I had avoided buying this product for so long. But I came across it at Tom Thumb for $2 and I couldn't resist any longer.

Let me just say that Carmex has been my favorite lip balm for years. I've tried lots of other brands, but I always go back to Carmex. This little circular sucker, however, might just be the one that rips me away from Carmex forever.

The packaging is nice and all, but the product alone is worth all the buzz. Most balms I've tried don't really penetrate the surface, That's not the case with EOS. It goes beyond the surface of my lips, and it leaves them soft for hours. I can go 3 or 4 hours without having to reapply. The smell is pleasant and subtle--perfect for summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 7:50:00 AM More reviews by AnnMac

I am addicted to this!!! Smelly yummy!!! Definitely an HG! Will stock up on these!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2010 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Michellica

I love this lip balm! I have always been a lip balm/chapstick/lip gloss junkie because of my often dry/chapped lips... and I am so happy to have this product. I needed something that was organic and didn't contain any comedogenic ingredients and I found it :). I have oily acne prone skin and some chapsticks would clog the pores along my lipline and cause pimples there, ewww. Unfortunately it does not have spf but they just came out with a new lemon lip balm with spf 15, can't wait to buy it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by ensei

Was the packaging what drew me in? Without a doubt. Walking into Walgreens to grab something quick, I just had to grab two of these interestingly shaped lip balms (they were 2 for $6) in Summer Fruit and Honeysuckle since I'm always trying out new lip balms anyway. I eventually gave Honeysuckle to my sister, but kept the Summer Fruit. The packaging is a novelty - every time I whip it out, people around me ask me what it is.

The smell is sweet and reminds me very much of the asian Flower Kiss candy I ate when I was little. However, the product itself? Mediocre. It's somewhat waxy but still moisturizing when put on, but after a short while (less than an hour), my lips are dry again. With this lip balm, I felt I had to apply again over and over to keep my lips moisturized. So for all intents and purposes, this has failed as a lip balm to me. I even tried using this at night before bed, and woke up to chapped lips. No, it's not the greatest lip balm for me as I do have a tendency towards drier lips, but it's still worth a try for novelty's sake. Maybe if you don't have a tendency towards chapped lips, this would work better for you. Still, I'm sticking with my favorite Jack Black lip balm.