BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 2/12/2005 6:14:00 PM

I bought this because I liked the concept of a bronzer with no orange pigmentation in it. But
I find this product impossible to apply evenly. Even using a good quality blusher brush, this looked blotchy on my skin, which is odd as I do not have particularlt dry skin. I have tried being very light handed with it but still, the blotchiness!!!

on 2/8/2005 1:31:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i really like this. Its a lovely matte brown, and looks great when i've used fake tan. I dont really like using it when im really pale though..its a bit dark. lovely tan enhancer though.

on 2/8/2005 11:21:00 AM

Not my cup of tea. My friends boyfriend thought i had dirt on my face! I have pale skin and it did look like dirt no matter how much i used. May suit darker skin tones, but not for me. Expensive mistake also! Cute packaging though.

on 2/1/2005 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was OK, nothing special for the price. It was hard not to make it look dirty on my medium skin. I'll use it up, but wont buy again.

on 1/24/2005 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is not a bad bronzer: the color is beautiful and has no shimmer. BUT, it has it's drawbacks; it's too soft and too pigmented to be applied with a regular bronzer brush, so I have to aplly it with a very soft powder brush. Otherwise I look dirty. It's probably best for people with darker skin (but still, I'm not that pale), because the mistakes and uneven aplication are less noticable. Wouldn't buy it myself, I received it as a gift.

on 1/8/2005 3:26:00 PM

I have wery pale skin I am an N3 in macs studio fix. I have tried many bronzers including mac and just don't like many bronzers due to them being to orangy and sparkly. I love hoola because there is no sparkles and it looks like a true tan. I also knda prefer the box because I have the problem of compacts slipping out of my hand and breaking and it doesn't roll around on the bathroom counter because it is a box. I also have oily skin and actually I thought it cut down some of the oil. You definalty need a bronzer brush to get the application right. I blow on the brush to get the excess off the brush. I would definalty buy this agian its a HG.

on 1/8/2005 9:39:00 AM

I do love the color of this bronzer, but it didnt agree with my skin. I do not have sensitive skin at all and this is probably the onlt product i have ever put on that make me break out. I have perfect skin and this just clogged my pores. I am a big fan of benifits fancy flamingo. Also mac blunt or beyond bronze is perfect alternative if you like the color and your skin doesnt!

on 1/7/2005 7:22:00 PM

This bronzer is packaged really cute and it works really well. It doesn't look fake at all. Apply it with a bronzer brush though, not the one that it comes with. It stays on and doesn't turn orangey or weird.

Less orangey than most...but gave a "dirty" quality to skin.

on 1/7/2005 2:44:00 AM

I got this as part of a palette.

So many ladies didn't like this product, but seriously...pale white skin and a dark brown bronzer? Of course it didn't work for you. I think the biggest problem with this is people buy it just for the cute box. We've all been guilty of that though.

I brushed this on under my cheek bones to get that great defined cheek bone look. I put my usual color on my apples afterwards, and it turned out great. Picture in my profile.

The box is sort of a pain because you don't want it to get all dinged up, and the brush isn't of the highest quality. The actual bronzer is wonderful though and when I run out I will definatly buy it again. continued >>

Popular Bronzers