August 21, 2014 | 1142 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by XP0S3D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this primer (in bronze) out of hype from Sephora for $16.50. While I'm not disappointed with the product, I wouldn't buy it again as I've found a better product that fits my needs.

This product made my face feel smooth like a baby's bottom. I apply it on my eye area prior to applying concealer as Smashbox's anti-shine is too drying for my eye area. It makes my under eye concealer application easy. I only use very little of the product and it does it's job for a tiny amount. I bought the bronze shade specifically for it's bronzing effects, but I didn't notice much bronzing effect..that or this product doesn't provide the color deposit I had expected. Nonetheless, this product is great as a primer, but as I mentioned, Smashbox's anti-shine fits my needs more.

For reference, I'm NC/C35 in MAC Studio Fix, Shade 207 in Make Up Forever's Duo Mat powder foundation and Olive Medium in Everyday Minerals.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2008 10:08:00 AM More reviews by tecky

I hate this product! It gave me zits!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by mmcgoug

For special occassions only. It's not the expense or difficulty in application that makes me say that. Far from it. A little does go a long way and it's very easy to apply. But since it has to go on clean skin it means I can't wear moisturizer or sunscreen underneath...so I don't see this as a very versatile product.

I do notice a difference when I use it. My makeup goes on a lot smoother and if my skin is dry it doesn't show as much with the primer underneath. So I like this product but I don't love it.

Buy it in the small container. It's less expensive and you'll have the tube for a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2008 8:37:00 PM More reviews by amourx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The best thing about this product is that a little goes a long way. I have the 1.7oz bottle and it has lasted me a long time. However, it is not a very effective primer - I do not see or feel a considerable difference with or without it. I will be searching for a new primer after I am done with this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i think this primer truly does live up to the magazine hype. it wore better on my somewhat oily skin than did mac, sephora, or other brands. only reason i will not repurchase is that it's slightly out of my price range.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by lindsaylew1986

Okay why does this product flake when i apply my foundation over it? i use mac studio fix foundation, and when i use this primer below it i always have little flakes all over my face! could my bottle be old? i have no idea but i cant escape this problem...no matter if i use a small or larger amount =(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2008 4:00:00 PM More reviews by clairesewell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best primer that I have tried. Goes on smooth and makes your skin silky soft. Evens out the appearence of pores and minor imperfections. Make-up looks freasher for longer. Not a miracle in a bottle but close.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2008 4:19:00 PM More reviews by skelly123

Hated this primer. Goes on slick, but left my skin with an oily type of residue. Yes, your makeup sits on top of your skin, but slides off while using this primer. Not a fan.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2008 4:20:00 PM More reviews by vivapandora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately this product made me breakout.
It is not intended for ance prone skin, they will even tell you that.
I am interested in their NEW "light" formula which I believe is for oily & acne prone, but I haven't tried that yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2008 1:31:00 AM More reviews by kryssimarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone skin, and I am constantly washing my make up brushes to cut down on bacteria. This product helps tame acne by keeping your make up from traveling where it shouldn't go. My concealer is applied over the product on any of my blemishes, and all the bacteria there stays there and does not melt off to the surrounding skin. I noticed a significant reduction in break outs after using this product. I also like the matte finish it gives my skin, and my make up never seems to stay on as long when I forget to use it! A little bit pricey, but I always buy the travel size. All the new variations are great as well! I definitely recommend this product.