Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

on 3/11/2008 2:17:00 AM

What this product was supposed to cover and help, actually accentuated and made to look worse. I have large pores on my cheeks and this seemed to emphasize them, also it caused some breakouts on areas where I never breakout. I have to say, it does feel nice on your skin, but offered no benefits. I use BE medium foundation, and get a much smoother look without this product.

on 3/9/2008 1:56:00 AM

I love this primer! It makes your skin so smooth so that when you use your foundation it goes on evenly.

on 3/8/2008 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This product is useless if u have dry/combination skin. it sux!

on 3/7/2008 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I like this product a lot. It makes my makeup last and it allows you to use a lot less foundation due to the way it helps your makeup glide over your face. At first feel, it appears greasy/siliconey but I don't find it greasy. Until very recently, I had very oily skin...my first impression was that it would just make my face more slick...but it didn't. I don't use it every day due to the price...and unless they've changed the packaging, it isn't the kind of thing that should have a pump applicator. The last bit of product doesn't pump out...I need to twist off the top and use a q-tip to get some out. I think I'll get a travel tube of it next time.

on 3/7/2008 2:29:00 AM

I asked for a sample from Sephora and used it for a week, because of the attention it gets, I was really looking forward to trying this. Unfortunately, it broke me out. I usually get small blemishes here and there but this caused big painful ones. It also feels strange on the face, like I'm sweating (hard to explain) and I do not see a difference in the staying power of my makeup (I used everyday minerals makeup). Wanted to love, but didn't.

on 3/5/2008 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Purchased this product on the recommendation of a rep at Sephora. I don't often use primers but recognize how they can be helpful. I always look for a more illuminating effect as I like a dewey, youthful appearance. Well I took it home and tried it. I can honestly say that I am not really impressed with the product personally. My make up does not tend to wear off so I cannot attest to it giving my foundation any staying power. I didn't see any improvement in pore size. I just couldn't rave about it. It does feel very slippery so I didn't love that either. I continued to try to gie it a chance but still just can't say that I like it. Over the time that I did continue it, I also noticed that it caused some drying issues. I combat dry skin with a somewhat oily surface. So the drying did not impress me at all. I can see wear this would work for some but certainly not for me.

Greasy Greasy Greasy Greasy! Feels so "eww" on my skin for some reason. Hated it to the 10th power! :X

on 3/3/2008 2:54:00 PM

Since purchasing this product, I've given it several chances -- and it makes me break out every time. I think I'm done with it. The packaging is nice, that's about all I can say for it.

on 3/3/2008 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased the tube of this, which is .5 oz for $18 from Sephora. Purchasing two of these travel tubes is much cheaper than one bottle with pump and you get more product for the price.

I love this stuff. It feels so weird going on...like a veil. It brought out dry patches in my face, mainly around my mouth area. I have solved that by moisturizing well in that area more than I usually would. It is worth it, though. This product is my best friend and makes my foundation and concealor go on smoothly and stay ALL day long. I do not have oily skin, but my foundation would always slide, fade, move, disappear. ALWAYS.

A little goes a long way. I love it. I wish it were a little less expensive, but I'll continue repurchasing because I have not found anything comparable to this product yet!

on 3/1/2008 1:17:00 AM

I bought the small size of this primer just to see how it worked...and I really liked it! I only use it before I put on foundation, which isn't very often, but it makes my foundation go on smoothly and last all night long, even if it's hot. It does feel a bit "slippery" when you put it on, but I think that's what helps the foundation glide on, also once foundation/powder are layered over it, you don't notice it at all. It is quite expensive, but you really only need less than a dime size amount for the entire face and because I don't use it everyday, I don't mind paying a little extra. Overall, I recommend this product!

Popular Primer/ Correctors