November 23, 2014 | 1005 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2008 1:53:00 AM More reviews by TopModelDiva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

THANK GOD I didn't buy this..it came in my Supermodel kit that I received for Christmas. I wanted to like it so much because it's a cult favorite and everyone (except for the reviewers on this site, incidentally) raves about it. The only reason why I gave it a 2 is because I like the way it felt on my skin, nice and silky but it made my face shine like a brand new Cadalliac after I put my foundation and powder
And for the cost? Ridiculous. Please spend your $15 on some Essie polish or UD liner (my current obsessions)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2008 1:31:00 PM More reviews by lydster65

I have to be honest, I just don't 'get' this product at all. It feels greasy and slippery (I guess it is supposed to ...???), and I find that my makeup won't even 'stick' to it. It's just a yucky feeling on my skin all around. I'm not a primer newbie, by the way, and others that I have used (Benefit Dr. Feelgood, Bare Escentuals primer) seemed to work fine. This one is so, SO slippery! Fortunately I only bought the smaller trial size. After re-reading some of the positive reviews here, I'm going to try it again, but I really don't think it's something I can get used to at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by gezebel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this was my very first primer purchase. i was really impressed at how smooth it made my skin appear. i don't apply it all over my face, i just tap it onto my temples and a bit on my cheeks where teenage acne scarring was the worst, and it really helped to fill in those crevaces and made my foundation look very smooth.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 2:25:00 PM More reviews by kyasha

The silicone makes my face feel so smooth and soft. However, I'm afraid of this breaking out my oily T-zone, so I'm still in search for an HG primer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Benzgirl79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yuck! The worst purchase decision I ever made. It is loaded with sillicones and completely clogged my pores, leaving me with the biggest cystic pimples I've ever seen in my 28 yrs.

To put it into perspective, this stuff feels like a less-greasy version of "BIOSILK"- yes, the stuff you put in your hair! Imagine putting that on your face? That's Photo Finish Primer.

The pump is a great idea in theory, but when you get down to bottom, it's too thick and you can't get all the product out, (which was probably a blessing) it's too expensive to not have access to all of the product. The pump is also glass - which I personally don't like.

Since it's all sillicone, your foundation just "sits" on your face, it felt like my foundation never dried and the evidence was on the corners of my collared work shirts. I shutter when I see it in stores. A mistake.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by twinx31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Clogged my pores on my nose right away I has to use a chemical peel on my nose to get rid of the blackheads.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2008 3:26:00 PM More reviews by steenface

First and foremost, the oily greasy feel of the primer is a HUGE turn-off. I have oily/combination skin so I'm paranoid about that as is. After a couple of hours, I had an oilslick on my face and my makeup was pretty much gone. It does NOTHING for me. :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 9:10:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

Naturally, this is just MY experience with this primer... but this is the worst make-up primer I have ever used and would not repurchase. It does what a primer is supposed to (primes your skin for foundation and helps it apply more smoothly), but Photo Finish irritates my skin more than other primers I have used. Most primers have similar ingredients, so I don't know why this one causes breakouts while others I have used do not. I'm glad I only purchased the sample size of this at Sephora instead of the full-sized, because throwing it out would have been a total waste. I heard good things about this primer, so it was a bit disappointing to have it not work for me. Guess I will stick with Paula Dorf's Perfect Primer in Normal/Oily, becuz that one seems to be the best I have ever used for my skin type.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Laura22

I have been on a mission to find my HG primer and although I resisted this one, it has turned out to be my favorite so far. It has a nice consistency going on and is quite nicely moisturizing (not too much like some). I leave it for a couple of minutes before applying foundation and I find it has the best results by far in terms of making makeup last. I've tried lorac, stila, trish mcevoy, laura mercier, clarins, and benefit that gal. I actually like that gal for its brightening effect but it also does preserve mu too long. BE primetime is similar to smashbox but again, not as good in terms of preserving mu (and I did half face experiments for these two). I am 42, normal skin with occasional breakout, nc30 in winter and olive. I have two backups right now :).
Down sides: don't like the glass packaging because of potential breakage and find its hard to get the last dregs out of the bottle. Nothing major but thats why I lowered marks for packaging.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 1:30:00 AM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this stuff. It makes my makeup glide on so smoothly, but I have found it clogs my pores but not so badly that my skincare regimine doesn't take care of it. I am so not fond of the bottle it comes in. There is so much product that will get stuck in there, such a waste.
*UPDATE* I discovered my face looks tired by the end of the day. I was on a biz trip and forgot my primer and it looked better! This stuff seems to settle into all the fine lines and pores which of course pulls my foundation in there too.