September 19, 2014 | 1684 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2008 4:36:00 PM More reviews by gemz89

I'll start by saying foundation primers don't convince me. However, it doesn't stop me using this product every day because I just love how it feels on the skin. Smooths large pores really well if that's something you suffer from, and foundation glides on better after using it.

I don't know whether your skin actually looks any different if you use it, but it certainly makes application nicer. Whether that makes it worth the money is up to you. To someone looking for a primer for whatever reason, this is one I'd recommend, however I wouldn't say it's exactly a must-have. More of a nice-to-have.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by mumbai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to say the one positive thing about this product is my foundation looked and went on flawlessly. But the pump blows and after a week my pores were so plugged I couldn't figure out what was going on, this stuff REALLY plugged my pores up quickly, I could never use this again :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by MelissaAnnDurham

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got this in the sample size/travel size section at Ulta the other day. I've used it a few times and I've had good results. It helps my liquid base (physician's formula) stay on well. I like that it leaves my skin with a soft feel. I rub my face constantly when I'm frustrated or bored, and I don't even realize I am doing it--and this product has helped my base stay on longer. As a note, I'd recommend buying the $10 sample size that comes in a plastic tube, rather than the full price, full size product. Why? My friend used to buy the full sized product, and there was always some of the photofinish stuck in the bottom of the glass container. The plastic tube is atleast something that can be cut so that the very last bit can be used (hey, i'm on a budget! a girl has got to be money wise....)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 9:43:00 PM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Although this is a good product, I like the Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch better. If you have oilier skin than the Smashbox may be the way to go. When getting the Smashbox, go to Sephora and get the travel size. It's a better value and easier to dispense. Plus, it's good to use for travel and the plastic tube won't break.

Clarins is less greasy on me. It really does make your pores less noticable and also evens out your skin tone. My foundation just glides on. The Smashbox is very similar, but I think it has more silicone in it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 2:04:00 PM More reviews by verdant0green

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

:*( cries :*( This stuff made me break out something fierce...I couldn't figure out what was doing it, as I do get some acne but nothing horrible, and it had been better as of late. Well I finally narrowed it down to this primer...apparently its the silicone in it that causes some people to have this bad reaction :( I received this as a Christmas present and really wanted this to work for me, but being broken out pretty much rules this one out for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by XP0S3D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this primer (in bronze) out of hype from Sephora for $16.50. While I'm not disappointed with the product, I wouldn't buy it again as I've found a better product that fits my needs.

This product made my face feel smooth like a baby's bottom. I apply it on my eye area prior to applying concealer as Smashbox's anti-shine is too drying for my eye area. It makes my under eye concealer application easy. I only use very little of the product and it does it's job for a tiny amount. I bought the bronze shade specifically for it's bronzing effects, but I didn't notice much bronzing effect..that or this product doesn't provide the color deposit I had expected. Nonetheless, this product is great as a primer, but as I mentioned, Smashbox's anti-shine fits my needs more.

For reference, I'm NC/C35 in MAC Studio Fix, Shade 207 in Make Up Forever's Duo Mat powder foundation and Olive Medium in Everyday Minerals.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2008 10:08:00 AM More reviews by tecky

I hate this product! It gave me zits!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by mmcgoug

For special occassions only. It's not the expense or difficulty in application that makes me say that. Far from it. A little does go a long way and it's very easy to apply. But since it has to go on clean skin it means I can't wear moisturizer or sunscreen underneath...so I don't see this as a very versatile product.

I do notice a difference when I use it. My makeup goes on a lot smoother and if my skin is dry it doesn't show as much with the primer underneath. So I like this product but I don't love it.

Buy it in the small container. It's less expensive and you'll have the tube for a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2008 8:37:00 PM More reviews by amourx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The best thing about this product is that a little goes a long way. I have the 1.7oz bottle and it has lasted me a long time. However, it is not a very effective primer - I do not see or feel a considerable difference with or without it. I will be searching for a new primer after I am done with this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i think this primer truly does live up to the magazine hype. it wore better on my somewhat oily skin than did mac, sephora, or other brands. only reason i will not repurchase is that it's slightly out of my price range.