October 1, 2014 | 1180 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 1:30:00 AM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this stuff. It makes my makeup glide on so smoothly, but I have found it clogs my pores but not so badly that my skincare regimine doesn't take care of it. I am so not fond of the bottle it comes in. There is so much product that will get stuck in there, such a waste.
*UPDATE* I discovered my face looks tired by the end of the day. I was on a biz trip and forgot my primer and it looked better! This stuff seems to settle into all the fine lines and pores which of course pulls my foundation in there too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by CharlieCopper

I'd never used a primer before this one (do I don't have a lot to compare it to), but I REALLY love this. As other reviewers have stated, it really helps to smooth out the face and create a great "canvas"!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Dana5489

I tried a sample of this product that came free with one of my Sephora purchases. It is awesome! It goes on like a gel but ends up feeling powdery and smooth and makes a perfect base for my foundation. My makeup went on extremely evenly and the primer made my skin look way more clear than it actually was. Also, it helps fill in fine lines or uneven texture and prevents creases. It was so incredible that I wore it at my wedding. My pictures came out amazing. I would strongly recommend this to everyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2008 4:36:00 PM More reviews by gemz89

I'll start by saying foundation primers don't convince me. However, it doesn't stop me using this product every day because I just love how it feels on the skin. Smooths large pores really well if that's something you suffer from, and foundation glides on better after using it.

I don't know whether your skin actually looks any different if you use it, but it certainly makes application nicer. Whether that makes it worth the money is up to you. To someone looking for a primer for whatever reason, this is one I'd recommend, however I wouldn't say it's exactly a must-have. More of a nice-to-have.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by mumbai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to say the one positive thing about this product is my foundation looked and went on flawlessly. But the pump blows and after a week my pores were so plugged I couldn't figure out what was going on, this stuff REALLY plugged my pores up quickly, I could never use this again :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by MelissaAnnDurham

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got this in the sample size/travel size section at Ulta the other day. I've used it a few times and I've had good results. It helps my liquid base (physician's formula) stay on well. I like that it leaves my skin with a soft feel. I rub my face constantly when I'm frustrated or bored, and I don't even realize I am doing it--and this product has helped my base stay on longer. As a note, I'd recommend buying the $10 sample size that comes in a plastic tube, rather than the full price, full size product. Why? My friend used to buy the full sized product, and there was always some of the photofinish stuck in the bottom of the glass container. The plastic tube is atleast something that can be cut so that the very last bit can be used (hey, i'm on a budget! a girl has got to be money wise....)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 9:43:00 PM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Although this is a good product, I like the Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch better. If you have oilier skin than the Smashbox may be the way to go. When getting the Smashbox, go to Sephora and get the travel size. It's a better value and easier to dispense. Plus, it's good to use for travel and the plastic tube won't break.

Clarins is less greasy on me. It really does make your pores less noticable and also evens out your skin tone. My foundation just glides on. The Smashbox is very similar, but I think it has more silicone in it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 2:04:00 PM More reviews by verdant0green

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

:*( cries :*( This stuff made me break out something fierce...I couldn't figure out what was doing it, as I do get some acne but nothing horrible, and it had been better as of late. Well I finally narrowed it down to this primer...apparently its the silicone in it that causes some people to have this bad reaction :( I received this as a Christmas present and really wanted this to work for me, but being broken out pretty much rules this one out for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by XP0S3D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this primer (in bronze) out of hype from Sephora for $16.50. While I'm not disappointed with the product, I wouldn't buy it again as I've found a better product that fits my needs.

This product made my face feel smooth like a baby's bottom. I apply it on my eye area prior to applying concealer as Smashbox's anti-shine is too drying for my eye area. It makes my under eye concealer application easy. I only use very little of the product and it does it's job for a tiny amount. I bought the bronze shade specifically for it's bronzing effects, but I didn't notice much bronzing effect..that or this product doesn't provide the color deposit I had expected. Nonetheless, this product is great as a primer, but as I mentioned, Smashbox's anti-shine fits my needs more.

For reference, I'm NC/C35 in MAC Studio Fix, Shade 207 in Make Up Forever's Duo Mat powder foundation and Olive Medium in Everyday Minerals.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2008 10:08:00 AM More reviews by tecky

I hate this product! It gave me zits!