April 21, 2014 | 1127 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2007 10:54:00 AM More reviews by katienonterror

The price could absolutely be better, but hey. it makes my MAC studio finish concealor slide on without as much as a crease on my face. love love love!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2007 1:28:00 AM More reviews by NotFromThisPlanet

I have purchased this product in its glass pump bottle and travel sized packaging.
The glass bottle and pump packaging does not allow you to easily get to the product at the bottom of the bottle. I had to remove the pump and shake the bottle upside down to get to the product at the bottom.
The plastic travel sized package is better because you can remove the last of the product thats remaining just by squeezing it.
I like the way that my liquid foundation looks after I apply it over Photofinish Primer. However, I have to be careful that I do not apply excess product or my face gets too slippery and oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2007 12:30:00 AM More reviews by dgopalan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this off ebay for $15 so it was quite cheap considering the actual price of this is the stores is approx $45 CDN. I have decent enough skin and didn't really see any additional effects other than for smoother application of my foundation. However, I decided this a definite keeper for me after I applied it on my mother.

She was going to a holiday party and asked me to make her up as she doesn't usually wear makeup. She has acne pock marks on her face, large pores and wrinkles. Applying foundation on her after applying the primer was definitely easier and the foundation didn't sit inside her crevices and make her look horrible like it usually does. However, I still wasn't convinced until after I saw the pictures of her at the party. In the pictures, her face was flawless. There is something about the way light reflected off the primer that made everything seemed smooth. Even in close up pictures, you couldn't notice her pock marks etc.

I will most definitely wear this product when I know I will be posing for pictures but considering there is always some nut either at work or among my group of friends that likes to take pictures, I shall be wearing this everyday... just in case.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2007 8:09:00 PM More reviews by carlz33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I quite like this primer. It made my dry skin feel so much smoother and moisturized. Makes foundation glide on very easy and last so much longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2007 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Randami

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this primer!!! The ONLY two draw backs are the pump bottle and the price. The price isn't that bad because the bottle lasts forever if you know how to control the pump. It makes lines pores less noticable and makes my foundation last all day. I can't wait to try the new formulations.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2007 6:00:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Iíd never really understood primers before, but having tried this thereís no going back!!

Immediately after application my skin was smoother, the lines on my forehead appeared reduced & my pores less noticeable. My makeup lasted through an 8 hour working day & looked fresher.

Iíve no complaints about this product. Will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2007 4:20:00 AM More reviews by TJ9

this product is ..."Okay"

Negatives:
- More than half a pump..and it just feels GReASY and it felt like my makeup wore less than without a primer
- Packaging makes it hard to get the last half of the prodct out sicne the pump only reaches half way

Positives:
- 1/2 - 1 pump will be good .. with application of the hands..will cover the entire face .. i find using less helps foundation wear longer
- fills in pores, lines, etc... foundation looks more "Flawless"

so i am so-so about this product. If its used correctly, it can be beneficial. There are other primers out there that are much better --> i.e. Perfekt brand

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2007 5:35:00 PM More reviews by asolano

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this and it did nothing for me. It actually made my skin more oily and shiny. I wear mineral makeup and it did not work well as a primer at all. My makeup didn't last more than 2 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2007 11:41:00 AM More reviews by gadoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had been wanting to try this and actually bought a kit with this included. I have dry skin and really did love the way it felt and made my face look after makeup application. It did make my skin look softer and perfected. Next time I may try the one with dermaxyl though to test the difference.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2007 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Raaygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had reasonable expectations for this product, but it failed. I have normal to dry skin and average-sized pores that I prefer to conceal. The Smashbox primer was really greasy, and after a couple of hours, it would actually settle into my pores and my makeup would look worse than w/o the primer. I actually tried the Monistat gel based on MUA feedback, and I have to say that the Smashbox product is practically identical to the Monistat gel, except that Smashbox is more expensive. I am displeased with both products.

I am now sampling Dr. Brandt's Pores No More primer and Clinique's primer--so far I am more pleased with the texture and longevity of both--compared to Smashbox. I will add reviews for these products soon.