Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

Dear Smashbox Photo Finish Primer...

I am sorry, but I am going to have to say goodbye. I think we both knew that this was going to happen eventually. Also, to be honest..it is you and not me. I've been cheating on you with Laura Geller Spackle and it is great. She treats me right and I look forward to seeing her every morning. You on the other hand dry out my skin, make my foundation look all flakey and cakey and come in a stupid pump package that gives me a hard time! I have given you so many chances and I am done. I can't take the abuse anymore. You will no longer have a place in the my makeup case. Please, pack your things and leave. I don't want to see you tomorrow morning.

Best Wishes.

I've tried lots of primers but i always come back to this. Plus you only need a small amt. so it lasts forever.

I'm changing my rating of this product from 1 to 5.
The original reason I hated this product when I tried it was because.. I didn't feel like it made my foundation last longer.. or apply more smoothly..and no matter how long it set on my face, I had trouble with the primer balling up as I put on my mineral foundation.
Recently [a good year or two later] after reading more and more rave reviews, I decided to give it another shot since I have changed back to my vincent longo liquid foundation.. and I have to say, it is the best primer I have ever used. This time, I opted for the clear regular formula vs the apricot corrector. I don't know if it is because I switched foundations or formulas or what may have changed, but I notice a huge difference in how long my foundation lasts when I use sephora brand primer or BE Prime time vs this. I did not have trouble with the primer balling on my face either, but I do not apply foundation with a buffer brush anymore.

As far as how it initially feels on my face====
I didn't really like how greasy it kind of felt the first few times I applied it, but after just a few days I got used to it, and I don't even notice anymore. Especially since even with my naturally very oily/combination skin it has no trouble controlling my oil and leaves me a very sheer matte finish. throughout the day. I no longer reapply my makeup and only need to powder once throughout the day. no more blotting papers! yay!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this after receiving a sample from my best friend. This feels so nice on my skin, goes on smoothly and dries evenly. I don't wear foundation everyday, only on special occasions. But when I do i always use this primer beforehand. I notice that it minimizes my pores, makes my foundation go on much smoother and lasts longer. You only need a bit so the bottle will last a long time. A great product!

This product is genius!
I only wear a primer if I'm going out and not for everyday use because 1) it's pretty pricey and 2) because it's silicone based, I'm afraid my acne-prone skin would break out like no tomorrow with frequent use. I could be wrong. I know there's a new one that is water-based or something, but I haven't seen it lately at Sephora.
Whenever I wear this product I see how it affects the overall results of my makeup application. I start with a thin layer of oil-free moisturizer, followed by a dollop or two of the primer in green. I don't necessarily see the redness getting corrected but the texture of the skin is simply amazing. The primer evens out and smoothes the skin with a velvety finish to it. It dries fast and makes my mineral foundation and concealer blend in with very little effort. If you're skin is dry, flaky or uneven, this primer is perfect.
It definitely provided a lasting effect on my makeup. I used it last night, slept with my makeup on after a long night out and I woke up with the same look. I noticed I didn't have to touch up my makeup throughout the night (something I usually do), which is a great bonus.
For the first time I used it as an eyeshadow base as well and it really set the color in without ever creasing. I woke up with eyeshadow and eyeliner in place and went about my day like I had just put fresh makeup on. Now, I know it's bad to sleep with makeup on and you should wash your face in the morning but this just illustrates the power of the product.
If I ever find out that the primer won't cause any breakouts to my skin, I might start wearing this every single day, I don't care how much it costs!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i actually got a sample from smashbox catalogue.. !! WOW!!!!!!!!! it is soooooooooooooo smooth!!... I JUS wanna touch my skin.. very easy to spread foundation after.... but not sure if it covers pores or not..and not sure if it makes makeup lasts longer.. since it is super smooth and there's a travel size.. i will buy the travel size after i finish using my MUF base.

(not sure if it makes the makeup lasts longer)

UPDATE:.. I heard a lot of people would break out from this…. So “maybe” would not purchas because of this…and also found out that Quo has the primer that feels ALMOST the same as this smashbox primer. , but with ½ the price… so maybe itz better to get that?

I purchased this product just to try it out because of all the hype with it. I even purchased the to go tube from Ulta when they were having the friends and family sale. I got it for 40% off so it was pretty cheap when I bought it. I tried it on for a week and man I had the shiniest face ever! Like the review below me said, I would also have an oily t-zone by the end of the day but this product just made skin produce so much oil like there's no tomorrow! I ended up returning it because it's not worth my money. It's good to know this product worked for some people but this isn't just for me. So no, I would never buy this product again. :(

I purchased this product several months ago, and feel the need to try it out again every month or so (mainly due to it's price), however it's always a let down. Yes it goes on smooth and feels silky and my foundation glides right over it. Sadly within a few hours I have the oiliest, slickest, shiniest t-zone around. Normally, I get a little oily by the end of the day, but nothing of this magnitude.

I really like this product. Makes my skin very smooth. Will buy it again

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this. It's a must have. I can't do my makeup without it. It hides my large pores and makes any foundation looks so much smoother. If you don't use this already try and get a sample. You won't be disappointed. My only complaint is the packaging. I wish it came is a squeezable tube because at $30+ a bottle (and being used daily) I hate wasting the bits that stick to the corners of the bottle.
**Update 3/16/09** I'm sooooo over my infatuation with this product. After 3 bottles, I don't know what happened. All of a sudden it made me itch and break out. Gave it up and switched to Laura Geller Spackle in November. Works about the same. No breakouts yet.

Popular Primer/ Correctors