Urban Decay NAKED

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/30/2011 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This palette is just wonderful. Obviously, it is designed for people who wear neutral eyeshadow quite often, as all of the colors are more muted and none of the super flashy Urban Decay colors are included. That works fine for me, as I don't care for the super bright colors. Though all the colors are neutral, I can create so many different looks that range from easy weekend looks to perfect office looks to ramped-up evening smokey eyes. There is a good mix of matte, shimmer, and glitter colors included so that you can fit the shadows to you outfit and your mood. Some people are not very find of the glittery Urban Decay colors, but that is just a personal call. If you already like UD eyeshadows and are a fan of neutrals, this is right up your alley. As a side note, the brush that comes with the palette is also nice- very high quality.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The shadows looked so beautiful in the package that I couldn't wait to try the palette out. However, I was sorely disappointed in the shadows once I tried wearing them. Virgin, Buck and Naked are the best thing about the palette. All of the other shades are too shiny and glittery: even with thorough blending they screamed "showgirl."

IMO it's not worth it: you can find better neutral palettes out there, even ones with subtler shimmer (so you don't feel like you're stuck with matte forever). This palette may work if your job involves a pole, but for the rest of us, not really.

on 11/29/2011 1:01:00 PM

I didn't want to love this product but when my previous only two neutral shades ran out i went to Sephora and spent hours with the consultant trying everything they have. I gave in and bought this and it is two months later and i have used it every day. I didn't want to like this product but I fell in love

on 11/29/2011 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

the pigmentation is great and the colors are wonderful so it is my hg palette but I am rating it a 4 out of 5 because I am more of a matte eye shadow kind of gal so I wish there was at least 1 totally matte color and the brush that came with it was terrible. Other than that I totally recommend it because it applies beautifully and a little really goes a long way with all the colors

on 11/28/2011 5:05:00 AM

back when this palette was high in demand and low in supply, i was waiting on it for the longest time and when i finally got it, i was super pleased and it definitely lived up to all the hype!

pricing: its more expensive in canada now (used to be $48 when i bought it and now its $58) so if you're in the US.. i heard its cheaper and you should just buy it!!! Also, for 12 eyeshadows, considering that each is $5 so its totally worth it!

packaging: i'm not a huge fan of the velvet and i dont think its very durable. the gold writing scratches off super easily and its hard to clean if it gets dirty. Also, the older palettes used to come with the eyeliners (which are good) but the new ones come with the shadow brush which is good for packing on color ONLY.. not a very good blending brush.

The colors are beautiful. i love every shade but my favourites are sin, buck, creep and gunmetal. overall they are super pigmented and silky smooth! its also very convenient for travelling cuz you can make daytime and nighttime looks!

this is every makeup lovers must have!! when i use it up, i will for sure buy this again :) very happy with this product.

on 11/26/2011 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think it would be impossible to create a palette with this many colors and have every color be completely wearable by everyone. For example, unlike the reviewer below me, Smog and Half-Baked look awful on me, Hustle and Toasted give me a "naked" look, and Gunmetal is very neutral on my skin. However, like the reviewer below me, I use Sin quite a bit and am less than impressed by the glittery Sidecar. Before anyone purchases this I suggest several trips to Sephora to see if you can make enough colors work for you to make the purchase worthwhile. I'll never use Buck, Sidecar, Half-Baked or Smog, but the number of looks I can make with he remaining eight shades makes the palette worthwhile to me.

It is a shame that Sidecar is so over the top, because I think it could make a beautiful highlighting shade if it were taken down several notches. I also wish I got the palette with the black and brown eyeliner included. Overall, this was a great buy and I'm very happy with my purchase.

on 11/25/2011 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

NC35 skintone. Bought this and found that it wasn't as fabulous as everyone says. I am obsessed with neutrals, but i ended up swapping this. The only shades that I found myself using were Sin, Half-Baked and Smog. To me, Sidecar is a nightmare, Toasted, Hustle and Gunmetal don't even belong in a 'naked/neutral' palette and I found that many of these colors blended muddy. Plus, UD's fallout is relentless, unfortunately :( I'm glad others find this workable, but I just found it subpar/average and would not repurchase. Here's my full review/rant if you want to read more: http://bit.ly/rE3Wcd

on 11/25/2011 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just bought this about 2 weeks ago and have worn it every day since with a different look every single day! It's the first expensive palette I've owned (aside from maybe a Clinique duo back in the day). There are two shades that do have a lot of all out, but the matte shades, and the shimmery gold, brown, and champagne colors make up for it two-fold! I am in love with the way it makes my eyes look and how natural the looks are. I do love to use the brush as a blending brush and it works very well for that too. I'm in love with this palette!

on 11/25/2011 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been wanting to get this palette for a long time. Picked it up at Sephora's the other day since the holidays are coming (insideous marketing madness)...So, what if the holidays are coming? Why did I "need" this? I didn't. I liked the idea of a palette of neutrals in one convenient container, and since I've always loved Urban Decay's zero liner (my most favorite black eyeliner), I caved in and bought it.

Pros: Decent pigmentation and beautiful colors for the most part.

Cons: Surprisingly A LOT of fallout. Way too much shimmer in too many of the colors.

I prefer matte so there won't be another purchase of this one. I might go with Dior shadows next time, although I do expect this palette to last a couple of years.

on 11/25/2011 1:10:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

this palette has some real pretty shades...some very unique neutral toned colors that you wouldnt find elsewhere, in other brands, but it also has a lot of shimmer, and a fair amount of fallout. I do love the amount of looks, everything from barely there to smokey I can get with this palette, but for the people who prefer relatively "matte" looks, they won't get much use out of this palette.

I do love this palette because I find the shades very unique, Im not a high end snob, and often think that drugstore shades can dupe for high end products, but a lot of these shades are very unique and have several different qualities to them that would be hard to find in any other brands of makeup, no matter what the price.

packaging was beautiful btw!

I wish there was less fallout though, and preferably another matte shade added to the palette. The name implies "naked" but the palette, in my opinion is more "neutral. A "Neutral palette" implies that the shadows are tones of grey, brown, gold, etc. And more muted then they are bright. "naked" however, implies that it should be relatively subdued neutrals-which many of these shadows are not. All I'm applying is that you do not need to invest in this for a completely natural look if thats what you're after, but save up your money and purchase it for a huge variety of super sexy, daytime to night-time looks and super interesting tones of shadow.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches