December 22, 2014 | 1841 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by omgfran

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm not a big fan of neutrals but this palette is an exception
AMAZING! what can I say that hasn't been said yet?
I've been eyeing this palette for a while now and thankfully, I got it in a swap. I swapped for my MAC wonder woman items. and I think it's worth it.
The shadows are so damn pigmented and it will last me a while .
will def buy again
My favorites are Virgin, Sin,Creep and Buck

Love love love <3

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by ilovethings

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this palette by chance at Ulta because I was looking for a shimmery nude color eyeshadow. I found Sin and decided to grab that ($17) when a salesperson came and told me if I spend $30 or more on Urban Decay that I would get a free gift. So I looked over and saw a $38 palette that contained Sin in it along with some other colors. THEN i looked over a little more and saw the Naked palette for a few more bucks ($48) which also contained Sin along with a mini Primer potion and an eyeshadow brush. I was looking for neutral to begin with so when i saw this I fell in love. To top it off the girl who checked me out at the counter had a beautiful smoky eye look and when I asked her what she had on she said "the naked palette". Anyway the colors are all beautiful and browns tend to make my really dark brown eyes look like cocoa. This palette is now my everyday use palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 2:43:00 AM More reviews by ajwhite1003

I waited on buying this palette for a few months, even though I fell in love with it. I have pretty much used all of the colors. What I love about Urban decay eye shadows is you can either wear one color over your lids for a more casual look, but you can do elaborate looks with this palette as well. Play around with the colors you're unsure of because eventually you will love them. I bought this palette even though I had two of the shades in pots, but the price was low for what you get. I love this. My only problem with the packaging is the fake velvet outside. So much lint gets stuck to it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by ticklez88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Price is expensive where I live (New Zealand) These sell for anywhere between $120 - $200 + locally! So price is expensive depending where you buy.

Packing is ok. I hate the suede outer. It gets dirty easily and doesn't look good.

Overall the shadows are a nice mix, definitely something I prefer to work with. Great daily palette to create a variety of looks with if you could only choose one palette to take on holiday with you.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by KGirl24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I waited a very long time to buy this. I finally got it a couple of months ago on Sephora.com. This is my all time favorite palette. It is so versatile and has great daytime colors as well as colors that are great for going out at night. I am not one to wear bright colors on my eyes, so this neutral palette is great for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by missmacbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this palette sooo much. It has the perfect colors to make an everyday neutral eye to a smokey night time look.
Virgin- Light cream
Sin- Light pinky shimmery champagne
Naked- Matte light brown
Sidecar- Glittery beige
Buck- Matte medium brown
Half Baked- Bronze gold
Smog- golden bronze
Darkhorse- Shimmery dark brown
Toasted- Shimmer brown with plum undertones
Hustle- Dark purplish brown
Creep- Sparkly black
Gunmental- Metallic dark silver
I was hesitant at first about buying this but I finally splurged and glad i did! The shadow brush is also very useful to me. Buy this palette if you love neutrals and you're willing to pay for it!!! (:

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Cupcake210

This is a great palette. For those who love the naked shadow in this palette and are scared of hitting pan, Urban Decay sells it as a single shadow. I know people were getting Mac's moleskin from the Mac Me Over collection because it was said to be close dupe, you can just buy the Naked single shadow from any Urban Decay counter.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yeah yeah, we all get it. This is the best eyeshadow palette that ever existed. I don't know why I'm bothering to write a review when it's already so highly-acclaimed, but you know what? I think this thing deserves all the praise it gets. I'm definitely very shy when it comes to eyeshadows; I don't wear them often, I'm rubbish at applying them properly and most of the time I feel that no colours really work with my blue eyes. I can happily say that these are the only shadows I can actually make all of these things possible with. They are so pigmented, frosty, gorgeous, a dream to blend and really easy to apply. There's so much variety and you can pretty much create any look you want with them. Subtle or dramatic, this palette provides it. I just love it. If you're like me and you aren't much of a shadow person but you wish you could be - BUY this! It's the answer to your dreams.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by jodhika1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Price:
AMazing value for money. I got this for S$78 here in Singapore, which i believe is more than the US price, US$65 to be exact, but i don't care, i wanted to die die get this anw.

Product:
12 high quality, pigmented shadows, but unfortunately, quite a few don't fit my skintone. Pictures speak for themselves.

The picture posted (click continued) shows swatches on my hand, which is nc45 with no primer on. You can tell which go with my skintone and which don't. The only two matte shadows are cool-toned. The rest are metallic or shimmery, some are warm and some are cool. You will not find use for all 12 of these shadows unless you apply makeup on other people with different skintones as well. If you are around my skintone and have yellow undertones, even more so. The texture of these shadows are buttery. Even if some pack a lot of shimmer, which i don't exactly like.

As for the individual colours, i guess you can find possible dupes for some in MAC:
UD Virgin = Shroom
UD Sin = Naked Lunch
UD Naked = Kid
UD Buck = Cork
UD Toasted = Sable
UD Creep = Black tied
UD Gunmetal = Knight Divine/Charred
...
An eyeshadow brush. Its ok. i use it for inner corner and browbone highlight. Nothing much to say about it. Its synthetic i believe. I would have prefered the 24/7 eyeliner instead but sigh, i couldnt get em when they first launched.
...
Primer potion in original. LOVE!!! It is truly a potion. Eyeshadows don't crease AT ALL and stay put when you use this. Dries quickly though, so work fast! I bought the full sized version of the one in Sin first stupidly...should have bought this instead... But that is for another review and i digress. The packaging sucks for the UDPP. But they have a new one now in the full size.

Packaging:
Cardboard packaging with velvety material on top, which some people hate coz its flimsy and the velvet gets dirty. But i honestly prefer this, its light, and the velvet feels nice, so whatever. You get a mirror with this too, and thats always nice. The palette itself is tiny compared to Urban Decay's BOS, so ideal for travelling.

Overall, this is a palette for shimmery/metallic neutral but fun loving divas on the go. Swatch it before you buy, if you like most of the shadows on your skin, then go get em! People looking for neutral neutral(some say boring) shadows will be disappointed. You'd be better off with MAC's matte/satin neutrals which just look better imo for an office look. I would not wear these on a professional office work basis.

EDIT: The amount of fall-out these shadows have is astounding. All i see is a glitterball mess everywhere on my face after i've placed them(placed them, not even blended them). Its frustrating. continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by roisinbelfast

Naked Palette contains 12 different shades. 3 Matte shades and 9 Shimmer shades. Also comes with a miniture eyeshadow primer potion. Some come with a double ended eyeliner - but mine came with an eyeshadow brush, would have much preferred the eyeliner, but ah well.
This palette is GREAT!!! You can achieve a real "barely there" eye make up look and alternatively you can build with these colours for a great full on smokey eye! The shades all blend beautifully and really compliment eachother.
Its just so versatile and a must have for eyeshadow fans everywhere!
Considering you get 12 shades a primer and a brush I think this is GREAT value for money!