October 25, 2014 | 1064 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2007 9:40:00 AM More reviews by saturninus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this product so much, but it really doesn't do anything. Nothing close all the great miracles it is supposed to do. It was also too light, and didn't keep my skin moisturized at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by reallyafaerie

I wanted to love this lotion, but I actually hate it. Not only did it do nothing for my dry, slightly acne prone skin, it smells awful. And it's a lingering smell that stays for the better part of the day. It has a rotting herb smell. It's also a very light lotion. It looks like it'd be creamy, but it's not. It sat on my skin and didn't sink in. And I don't like that I have to dip my fingers into it. I'd much rather a pump so I don't transfer dirt into the container. This one is just not at all for me. I will never buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2007 6:28:00 PM More reviews by murphyks

I really wanted to like this product. The texture of it seems almost whipped and I thought it would feel really good on my skin. However, my skin did not like this product at all. It made my skin oilier and it broke me out. Other cons of this product were the smell and the product packaging (I would have preferred a pump or tube -- something where I didn't have to put my fingers into the whole jar). I think my skin is just to oily and acne prone to benefit from this product. Fortunately, I gave my two Hope in a Jars to my mom who has mature, dry skin and she loves it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2007 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Kimber7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THE SMELL! OMG I had to wash my face off, I honestly felt like a wet dog was sitting on my face. I have no idea how it works, I couldn't keep it on long enough....GAG.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by armywife03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

nop sorry this moiturizer its not a OO WHAOOO!!! my forhead broke out and no i wont buy again im so tired of searching thru moiturizers have tried high brands now im just trying aveeno will see if this works.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 11:34:00 AM More reviews by laurentothemax

i'm so on the fence about this product. i use it in conjunction with paula's choice 2% bha and the purity cleanser. sometimes after using hope in a jar i wake up in the morning with glorious, glowing amazing clear skin. other times i wake up with a whole constellation of weird inflamed whiteheads on my cheek. i vacillate so much between nicole kidman and rocky dennis (from mask with cher) that i just want to throw my hands in the air and give up entirely. i suppose i will keep using it until i'm out of this jar, and all hope has run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 4:32:00 AM More reviews by cheryhouse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I honestly only bought this mainly because it was sitting so pretty on the counter, i had to have it....i mean...it has a very cute packaging, i tested it out on my hand and ...and..i dunno, i just got it, it felt justified, like it was the right thing to do *shame shame* I don't hate or love it, its not worth what it's priced. Anyways back to the review. The first thing i noticed was the scent, it's really strong, if u don't like perfumed this is not for you, i also don't *mind* that it's in a jar. I tried as a night cream for a while but it was wayy too thick, i didn't break out but i felt like it was clogging my skin because it was very heavy, also the scent kind of got to me me after a while, but it does fade. Ok, now the good things about this cream, the texture is really nice, the consistancy its semi-thick and it's easy to spread, a little goes a long way. It didn't do heck for my face mainly b/c i didn't like how it felt on my face, but it made an excellent hand and elbow/knee cream! my hands and elbows/knees were sooo soft after. i reallly liked it, i just don't know if its worth the $$ for a hand cream? I think i'll use the rest of the jar up and then see if i will repurchase if its worth the cash.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2007 10:46:00 PM More reviews by MariLaPaisa

horrible product. strange consistency, smells horrible. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE HYPE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT! you would think after all the hype they would put this in a more hygienic container.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2007 10:40:00 AM More reviews by chanelxoxo123

I have combination skin that has gotten a lot drier as of late. This is a rather heavy moisturizer and I don't recommend on anyone who doesn't have dry skin. I only use this on dry spots very sparingly. It smells funny and the packaging is not the greatest but it has this nice rich whipped texture that really soaks into the skin without leaving a greasy residue and does an excellent job at moisturizing. It didn't make me break out and it not only helped with dry patches but it also made my skin look glowing after a few days of use.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2007 9:48:00 AM More reviews by joann287

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily, sensitive skin (at 48 yrs old). This stuff is THE WORST. Totally heavy on the skin--maybe if you have the driest skin but otherwise--ick. Philosophy has brilliant marketing, saying their stuff is sooooo great; news flash, it's not, it's all marketing. NOT WORTH THE $$$ Don't believe their hype.