MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the most common foundation i use. I really love it for its light texture and buildable quality. One layer will lead you with a nice sheer but still giving a decent coverage while applying a second layer will give you more coverage without it looking cakey.

Its a little pricier BUT it comes in the HUGE bottle and it's easy to mix and blend shades together. It is also very moisturizing and it feels little more than lotion over the skin. You can layer it for more coverage (over the nose where pores are larger, under the eyes where skin is darker, etc. I also use a silicon based coverup for any problem spots if i need more coverage. The silicon based products mix very well with the face and body. That being said - i usually apply it using a foundation brush (it tends to get into those little places better) and as i get to the outer extremities of the face, i'm just blending out what is there so there isnt any real definite line. then i use a sponge to "buff" the skin which is just lightly going over their skin with the sponge to get off any excess foundation that doesnt need to be there. Then i top it all off with a setting powder which really makes a big difference. I mix a few of my setting powders together because i'm picky and like a certain mixture. haha. But i just dust it on top. My favorite brush to use is a synthetic blush brush with a flat top (personal favorite is mac 109 brush). Makes buffing the powder on easy. But really - any sort of blush or powder brush will work.

Keep them in a normal climate and make sure that you shake before using - sometimes the mixture gets a little separated but it mixes back together easily.

The downside of these foundations in my personal opinion is that they are as best suited for medium to light skintones as with the darker skintones (mostly african american) the colors seem to have a bit too much red in them for my personal tastes. They arent bad if you have a few colors to mix or if you are able to go into a pro store - or comparable store - not a counter - to check with an artist to find your personal shade. I wouldnt recommend buying off the website if you have dark skin color without testing it first.

on 12/28/2005 6:36:00 PM

Had this used on me by many makeup artists and loved the glow it gave me for photo shoots, so I figured I would try it for everyday use. Unfortunately, it only made me incredibly greasy and blotchy looking. I also had never had a problem with breaking out (or being oily for that matter, as my skin is normal/ combo), besides the usual monthly spot, but this is what I suspect gave me not one, but three cystic spots. I love MAC and had hoped this would work for me, because I do love the sheer coverage and packaging, but unfortunately it did not.

on 12/23/2005 4:32:00 PM

The product works well. It is a light foundation that can layered for a more dramatic look. The dropper top is great because it allows just enough product out to not make a mess. It has very low viscosity which allows for a very light look (it will run well into your spongue, however). It did not make be break out nor does it dry the skin or makes it feel oily at the end of the day. The price is really a bargain for the amount of product that comes. I really should have no reason to complain about this product, it has worked fine. I guess the packaging has not exited me, and it is missing sunscreen (it has non at all).

on 12/9/2005 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love how this product glides on my skin, does not clog pores, it is almost transparent and gives me a nice glow. Very natural finish. Does not sit on my facial lines. Huge bottle, will use for a long time and definitely will buy again.

on 12/8/2005 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

In addition to Sephora's all over skin foundation (old formula), this is my HG. The consistency is runny but it makes that makes it easier to blend IMO. The coverage is sheer but it can be layered on without looking cakey or fake. I never use concealer because this is definitely enough to even out any redness I may have. I do agree that it can be somewhat dewy (or oily for some) but a light dusting of loose powder will fix that. Personally, really matte foundations sometimes tend to look a little chalky on me so I love the natural finish this gives. I use the shade C2 and it is a perfect match for my light yellow toned skin.

on 11/18/2005 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

If you are blessed with clear skin, this is one of the best foundations out there! It goes on very sheer, but can be layered for more coverage. Keeps my slightly dry skin moisturized for hours and never looks cakey. By far the best liquid foundation from MAC!

on 10/13/2005 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is my favourite foundation ever. I use N1 (although, MAC make-up artist can never agree if I am N1 or C1). I have very oily T-zone, prone to break outs and I am also starting to get some fine lines around my eyes.

What I like about this foundation is that it does not make my face caked and does not emphases lines on my face, like other, heavier foundations do.

It has light coverage, but then I use concealed on my blemishes and final result is just fine. Since my T-zone is oily, any foundation I put on will run sooner or later, so at least this one does not look very obvious when that happens. I use MAC loose powder to set it and final result is very natural. My skin ends up looking smooth and nice.

It is pricey, but for the amount you get it's worth it. My bottle lasts for about 9-10 months and I use it almost every single day. Well worth the money spent.

on 8/28/2005 6:34:00 PM

I really like this foundation. I purchased N2 and it matches wonderfully. It just evens out my skin without looking heavy and made up. I put a dusting of studio fix on top in N4. I will definately purchase this foundation again.

on 8/28/2005 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

edit - funny thing, I don't wear this anymore. It sometimes looks streaky on my face, esp across my (large) forehead. Maybe with powder on top this would not happen, but I hate powder. Still, I did not return this is case I find a use for it, being for face and body

I am very happy with this foundation - it has very little coverage but is a fab base for concealer where you need it. It takes some use to it it is very runny out of the bottle - the first time I tried to get some on a sponge, but I missed the sponge and a huge squirt shot out into the sink (lucky I was over the sink hahaha) anyways, it is best if you put the tip directly onto the sponge (for personal use only - it is germy if you do this and then share the bottle - unless you start out this a clean sponge, I wash mine every other day) and saturate the sponge because just a little will be soaked up leaving nothing for your face, it is water based after all - this takes less than you would think - not that much is wasted. I put this all over my face and neck to cover the white cast from my mineral sunscreen (chemical ones burn my eyes) I am glad it does not have a sunscreen. LADIES YOU NEED TO APPLY SUNSCREEN BEFORE FOUNDATION. NOBODY WEARS ENOUGH FOUNDATION TO GET THE FULL SPF FOUNDATIONS HAVE, IT WOULD LOOK LIKE A MASK. PLUS YOU PHOTOGRAPH LIKE CASPER THE GHOST. I wear c3 and you can't tell I am wearing it - my face but better, dewy which I LOVE, very little coverage but as I said before it is a wonder base for concealer. I use a dab of cg smoothers foundation over spots (it had a good medium coverage) and a smaller spot dab of rimmel hydrasense concealer over anything else that shows. This way it looks nautral like I am not wearing makeup but my spots are covered. So far it has given my no skin problems, although I think I may forget to remove it from my neck some of the time. yes, it is a commitment to spend 30 dollars on foundation, but you get 4 oz so per oz it is less than cover girl. EDIT: I still like this foundation - but note: the bottle is big but it is watery so you use a lot even when you try hard for a shall squirt of it - I think that this bottle will last as long as a 1oz bottle of other $30 foundation - I am not taking points off for this, it works great, but be warned if the large bottle is a main selling point for you! - Oh and I use a brush now with it - the sponge does absorb too much of the product - yes not sooo much is wasted, but I like to conserve as much as possible.

on 8/7/2005 6:32:00 AM

I was looking for a light foundation which would give me a dewy look (not too much tho) and one that I could layer on if I wanted more coverage. I uhmmed and ahhed between this and Select Tint with SPF and so glad I chose this. I found ST chalky whereas F&B was smooth. I reach for this quite a bit throughout the year - whereas I have some distinct winter/summer foundations only - and that in itself makes it versatile and gets one lippy in itself. I apply this with my MAC 190 foundation brush and it is very easy to put on and layer. The colour is just right for me as well, C2 (I don't normally tan - not in the UK anyway!). I mainly use it on the face but I recently used it for my sis' wedding on my back where I had a few spots and it did a great job. It's simple - no fuss. HG for me.