MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 4/9/2008 12:38:00 PM

Well, I have two samples of this product. One in the shade number N2 and another C2. Both are great, so I am confused which one I should buy. Face and Body is my favourite, I have tried many foundations from MAC and this one is the best, look very natural, but if you havent perfect skin, dont use it, its very sheer. Can somebody give me and advice about the right shade of Face and Body. I am NW20, with some frackles, so I should use N or NW shades along to guide, but I like myself in C2 as well, has anybody got the same issue? the same I have with powders and bronzers, dont know what shade.... :-)

on 2/12/2008 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this almost a year ago and still have a good bit left!! I hate wearing foundation so this is an amazing tinted moisturizer!!! I put it on then let it dry for a few minutes, and put a VERY VERY SMALL amount of translucent powder on to take some of the shine away, then dust on a small amount of blush or bronzer (sometimes both) and it is literally the best best best!
I use it on my body too, that you really need to make sure it dries before putting on clothing, it stained a couple of things because it rubbed off (sometimes even after drying, but its worth it!) Thats the only complaint is that it rubs off on clothing other than that, its the best product I've ever owned.

on 2/8/2008 11:55:00 PM

wanted to love this, but it just didn't agree with me... firstly, it's not the coverage i was really expecting from it... secondly, it is a pain in the ass to put on, you really have to get the technique down because it seems to dry really quickly. also, it made my entire face shiny all day, even after only one hour of wearing it! it just melted off my face, and it just wasn't right for me... back to my studio fix i went!

on 2/1/2008 10:48:00 PM

I have never worn a foundation before and I have pretty normal skin, very few breakouts. I just wanted something to make me look more polished and just even out some redness. I am NC3 and it blends in perfectly.

It is a bit on the greasy side, but I am sure most foundations feel a little sticky. The coverage is quite sheer and matte. Didn't make me break out at all.

Its a huge bottle, because its face and body, so I guess that explains the high price. I expect this to last a long time. Very blendable, highly recommend!

on 2/1/2008 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this foundation. I don't have bad skin but I love the way foundation enhances your look and also felt I needed to upgrade from my very first foundation (bareminerals) which didn't do well for me in the summer. This has light-medium buildable coverage and I wore it everyday to work and even on the weekend with a mineralize powder on top. My skin looked radiant and flawless.

The only reason why I gave it 4 lippies is because they have discontinued my fall/winter color. I initially purchased this in the summer. And although I have brown skin with red undertones I still tan pretty dark in the summer. I purchased the N9 which worked wonders........until the weather became cooler and my natural tone returned. I went to the MAC store to be matched with a better shade and the MA recommended C8 which although they had it on display they did not have in stock. The color was perfect so I trecked around the entire Northern VA area looking for C8...only to discover that it had been DISCONTINUED.. Oh the horror!!! The MA's suggestion was to use C6 (the next available shade) to offset the N9...but for an everyday application this was way too much work to get the perfect consistency and color shade. I don't know about you but I definitely don't have that kind of time in the morning.

I'm going to keep the N9 shade for my summer everyday makeup go-to but I've been on the prowl for a new product for daily wear and have yet to find one like this.

on 1/29/2008 1:27:00 PM

this is a great liquid foundation for those who want a sheer to medium coverage. I bought this hoping it wouldnt be too sheer like a tinted moisturizer, and it wasnt, it was the right coverage I needed and evened out my skin nicely.its buildable for those who need more coverage but i use concealer and pressed powder to make my face absolutely flawless. the texture is watery but this allows for easier application.I would recomend using a foundation brush to apply this because using your hands will make it streak. the bottle is great because the squeeze top lets you control how much you use. The price is expensive(31.00) but for the amount you get its totally worth it, i dont think ill ever use it up.the only bad thing id have to say about this is the smell, its kind of weird smell,but unless your looking for something with fragrance this shouldnt bother you. would definatly repurchase if i ever use it up:]

on 1/24/2008 12:40:00 PM

I went to the mac store asknig for a very light foundation that would just even out my skin tone and I was given this, I love the texture ,it gives me a dewy fresh complexion that makes me look alive , I see a huge idfference in my face after applying this.

The coverage is actually pretty crappy since it doesnt really cover anything but I tend to have good skin do I just use concealer for isolated spots.

Staying power: it is not as wipe resistant as mac owuld have u believe and comes off if u blow your nose or wipe your face, however it does tend to stay on my face for about 10/11 hrs a day and when I take off my makeup at night, there is still product on face.

My only gripe is that I think it might clog pores a bit , in the sense if youve already got blackheads on your nose I think it might make them a bit worse since it does tend to settle after some hours

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I loveD MAC face and body initially. Thought it matched my summer skintone perfectly well.. and gave the best dewy sheer coverage, which was buildable too. Glided very well on top of sunscreen as well. Applied well with fingers and with a skunk brush. Packaging was a nice plastic squeeze bottle too - pour some out on the back of your hand and work with it.

BUT, this is the culprit that broke my skin out with the worst whiteheads which later turned into zits. I have had pretty good skin in general all my life and am not sensitive to most ingredients, and this gave me the worst skin of my life. Thankfully my skin is now almost healed after treating it with Differin .1% cream for a few months. But I do recommend staying away from this foundation.

Now I have switched to MakeUp For Ever Face and Body foundation (matched to #24). Love it a lot. See my review for it as well.

on 1/11/2008 1:26:00 PM

I have tried so many foundations over the past few years and they all look like foundation. I love how this looks like my skin but so much better. I have used the for 6 days now straight with no breakouts and so many compliments on my skin. This is the best I have felt in a foundation in a LONG time. Also be aware it dries fast so try putting it on in sections.

on 12/23/2007 3:32:00 AM

I bought this because I was looking for a very sheer foundation, one that wouldn't look like i was wearing one. This works perfectly for that: it's NOT matte, it's kind of "dewy" (which some reviewers have translated as oily).

The saleswoman told me it has silicone in it (and to shake it really well), which is perhaps why some people are reporting breakouts. If silicone bothers your skin, avoid it. Mine has been fine.

Again, very light coverage, and I need additional concealer over any red spots when i've got them. Also, I probably need a primer for my pores, because this foundation settles into the huge ones on my nose after a while.

But I look glowy when I'm done with it! The MAC store will let you return it and exchange for another foundation with more coverage if you take it home and don't like it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials