February 1, 2015 | 1634 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2005 12:24:00 AM More reviews by cloudsofviolet

Super natural sheer foundation that still covers and has yellow based tones. Even if I put on more than one layer, it still doesn't look like foundation, just my skin but better. I wear C2 for my LLL/FFF yellow toned skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2005 1:56:00 AM More reviews by loquacious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me preface by saying that I am extremely picky when it comes to make-up. I'd spend 500$ on a foundation if I knew it'd do the job and cover me up. Yes, I am crazy. Haha.

I use this in N1. Let me tell you, this stuff is amazing. I absolutely love it. It looks so completely natural, you look like you're not wearing anything. I love how it has a little hint of sheer in it, so your skin looks beautiful and healthy. It's lightweight, and water-based, it feels like you're not even wearing make-up! Sometimes I even forget to wash my face because I can't remember if I put on foundation or not. I think "Eh, I don't have any on *snore*". Then when I wake up the next morning to wash my face, there it is, right on the cloth. It doesn't give me breakouts at all what-so-ever.

It really covers well, and it is also buildable so you can costomize your coverage. I have been blessed with a clear complexion, so perhaps people with problematic skin should try something a little heavier. Although, my sister has serious acne, and this covers her face/chest up like it's going out of style. She wears Revlon Colorstay as a base, then puts this on top of it, and finishes with Bare Escentuals make-up. She has lightskin too, and with this procedure, her skin looks incredible.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2005 7:13:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For a girl who hates foundation, I thought this would be the answer to my prayers! Well . . . that was not exactly the case with MAC’s Face and Body Foundation. MAC gets big raves for creating a light wear foundation that is resistant to excessively transferring onto clothing and other surfaces. However BOOO for making this foundation so moist and prone to greasiness! There’s no way in hell I would ever wear this without a dusting of powder of it. This is not an advisable foundation for ladies looking for full coverage, but it’s perfect for those, like me, who aren’t particularly desiring that foundation-caked face look. I suppose part of my dissatisfaction stems from the fact that I was mismatched for this foundation. Sigh! Would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2005 8:55:00 PM More reviews by mzlola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this foundation its nice n light and a perfect colour match (c5)however although it looks amazing when u've just applied it i found with my skin within an hour it wasn't a dewy look it just looked oily and wet which is a shame =(

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2005 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Bimbogirl18

Yuck... It is the WORST foundation I've tested! It is so oily and sticky on me. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2005 11:48:00 AM More reviews by rach124

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My beloved bottle of Virtual Skin broke, so I decided to take the opportunity to try something new (and maybe less delicately packaged). I bought MAC Face and Body in C2--it looked too dark in the bottle but right on my face when the MA put it on (I think I'm an NC20). When I tried it on at home, at first I wasn't happy; it looked fake and kind of orange. But when it dried, it suddenly looked like my skin color. You definitely have to blend this stuff a lot, and give it a minute or two to dry before putting on the rest of your makeup, and all that can be kind of annoying. If you have dry skin, you also have to be sure to moisturize well first; it's a thin foundation, not a tinted moisturizer, and it doesn't feel very emollient at all. I also find I need more concealer than I did with Virtual Skin. But despite those drawbacks, I still like this foundation; it really evens out my skin and gives it a subtle sort of polished glow that's hard to describe, without looking at all like makeup. When I don't wear concealer or powder over it, I get a nice, tinted moisturizer look. I haven't tried it on my body but it's a nice option to have. The packaging is great--I love MAC's painterly bottles. And they give you a ridiculous amount of the stuff; by the ounce, it's cheaper than most drugstore brands. I would repurchase this if I lost it, but in four years or so when I run out I might want something new.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2005 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Ailaois

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmmm... I can see how people would like this product, but unfortunately it just isn't for me.

For starters, I am NC-15 when it comes to MAC ratings but in comparison to all of their other foundations, this shade in this product seemed a little off - not quite the right shade it should have been. Anyhoo, it was also a little too sheer for my liking - more of a tinted moisturiser than anything else which, if I had wanted, I would have bought. To top it all off, I found that it had the tendancy to make my normal skin end up looking shiny and greasy.

For some people, this must be exactly what they are looking for, especially those with dry skin. For those with oily skin or wanting a little bit of coverage (as opposed to just evening out erratic skin tone), avoid and go for a more substantial product instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2004 12:01:00 AM More reviews by ILuvMangos

I havent used this product much and when i have used it my reactions have been up and down. It's very sheer which is good, it goes on well and leaves a nice dewy natural looking complection. I would probably buy it agin, though in think it is a bit too expensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2004 4:31:00 PM More reviews by rock_chip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was lured into trying MAC foundations because of their broad color spectrum. I have a horrible time finding a color in drugstore lines, so I figured I could find a good match in MAC. C3 was too dark on me, but it was the right color (yay!), so I'd imagine C2 would be a great match. I'll never know, though - I'm definitely not buying this again! It went on way too sheer for my needs (covering up winter redness). I had to put on 3 or 4 layers for it to even cover anything, and by then it looked cakey and fake. This is getting returned.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2004 10:57:00 PM More reviews by dinl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Studio Fix for years. I wanted something that was less powdery and more natural looking without heavy coverage. I tried this at the MAC store and loved it. The bottle is huge compared to the other liquid foundations and since I don't use a whole lot, this will go a long way. I apply with the 190 foundation brush, and use with either cream color bases on my cheeks or Benetint and my skin looks flawless.