Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 10/3/2006 7:07:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Great foundation. I use shade 8 and it isn't orange or too dark on my VERY pale skin. It feels soft on my skin and doesn't irritate it or make me break out. It does dry quickly so I have to work fast with this that's really the only problem besides the high price (but I think it's worth it if it works!) I also really like the little spatula thing that's attached to the cap. I use it to scoop out a litte foundation onto my sponge.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I usually love Make Up For Ever products, but they really made a bomb out of this foundation. The makeup is very heavy, cakey, and when you use concealer and then powder to set it, you get dark blotches on your face! It wasn't even that matte, I think the satin finish foundation has a better matte property than this one. Maybe I got a bad batch, but who knows. Their face and body liquid makeup has a perfect texture and staying power without making it too obvious, so I'm going back to that.

on 8/29/2006 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I wanted this to work so badly but we don't always get what we want. First off, the color was horrible. I let the girl in Sephora convince me that it wasn't too dark...it was. I looked even worse when I got out in the sun. I looked overly tanned and on an African-American woman, that is not a good look. The next shade was too light, I looked sickly. They need a much better color selection. The SA had the nerve to suggest I purchase both shades and combine them. I don't think so. It's also another foundation that doesn't live up to it's promises. It rubs off on everything. This is a huge problem for me as a Muslim woman because it gets all over my head scarves and often doesn't come out. It doesn't stay matte or velvety for long at all, two or three hours tops. It also doesn't last very long. The packaging is awful. There is a funny little dipping stick that makes a huge mess. Foundation gets trapped in the lid and around the mouth of the bottle, which is glass. The only plus is that it goes on smoothly and dries to a velvet finish. For that, I could purchase a drugstore foundation and save myself some money.

on 4/7/2006 7:21:00 AM

This is a great moderate-full coverage foundation. I've just replaced my first bottle, which lasted me about 3.5 months. It provides excellent coverage without feeling heavy and looks great even after a full day of wear. I have acne-prone skin and it has not caused any breakouts. The only problem is that it can be hard to find. I've only found it at one other place beside Sephora, which makes it difficult if your color is out of stock.

on 3/7/2006 6:53:00 PM

I've brought this product because it claims to matify your skin all the day long with a comfortable feeling......and i thought that's exactly what i needed...i have combinations skin that tends to get oily over the t-zone area after several hours so i was hoping that this will solve my problems for me......however, after i tried it for two days......i know i can't use it anymore........it does covers well.....but I feel like i have tons of stuffs on my face and it even makes me skin got oilier than my older foundation........and worst of all....i started to BREAK OUT...........after i switch back to what i was using before...my skin is getting back to how it use to..........i wanted to refund this...but they say their company doesn't take returns.........I think da's rediculas because i only bought it for a week and i really did have a bad reaction to it......

on 2/16/2006 7:18:00 PM

This product can be wonderful, but in moderation! This is very thick, a rival to Revlon's original Colorstay formula. Dry skinned girls need not apply - this is definitely one for the oily skinned, and the oily skinned only. It seriously mattifies, but just a tad too much and the face can look severe. I find dotting this and then quickly sheering it out works best for me, and I set it with a fine, talc-free powder (although it isn't a necessary step, because it sets matte all on its own.) My only gripe with this is that no matter how little I use, my face feels heavy with makeup even before the end of the day, although I must say it looks as flawless at 8 pm as it does at 8 am. This photographs incredibly well, too.

on 1/26/2006 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

skintone: MAC NC45/Px Antelope/Bobbi Brown Golden/Makeup Forever Face and Body #12

shade: #12

This is a creamy, extremely opague foundation that comes in a glass jar and lid with a strange looking dropper. I dont know how to use the dropper but the product is most excellent. It provides complete coverage and spreads very easily.
That being said, it needs to be set with powder or it might rub off on things. In evening lighting my skin looks flawless. I would definately repurchase again.

on 11/30/2005 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is hands down the best foundation I have every used. I was recommended this at sephora,I was told this is the best,and they were so right! Its pricy, but totaly worth it. I have acne prone skin and i have tried a million different foundations and this is the holy grail of foundations, I dont even need to use concealer with this,it makes my skin look flawless.
I'm on my third bottle,im addicted I can not say enough good things about it.
Its Fantastic!

on 11/28/2005 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is one of the best foundations that I have used for my ultra oily skin. It makes my skin look airbrushed and flawless. It gives good medium coverage and can be layered on for more. I use it in #3, and my skintone is NC42-43 or in Laura Mercier Sunset Beige, which MUFE #3 is a tad lighter. This is a perfect winter color for me. The consistancy is not heavy or thick, it's actually very silky and smooth going on, and it doesn't feel like I have anything on my skin, which is a good thing. I hate the feel of heavy foundation on my skin, especially since I am very breakout prone. I have been using Mat Velvet with my LM loose powder, but I plan on getting MUFE's super matte loose powder to put over it because if it works great now if my LM powder - it will probably work even better with the matching powder that has more oil control capabilities. So far no breakouts, and my skin isn't getting dry or irritated. Great foundation so far. I will update since I have been only using this for about a week. UPDATE- I like this foundation, but not to use on a daily basis. My face feels slimy by the end of the day for some reason. I also find the packaging for this foundation to be a pain in the butt. It did not dry out my skin and no breakouts, but I think I am going to try something else, and keep this on the side. It's great for my oily skin during Winter, but I don't think it would work for summer.

on 11/7/2005 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this a while ago and can't remember which number but I think it's #9 a medium beige. I have asian yellow-tone,combo skin with few post-acne marks. The shade looked good in store but when I applied it the next day in natural light, it didn't match.It was too beige and not enough yellow so I think they should expand their shade selection. overall I liek this foundation. It provides med-full coverage, it's layers well and blends well. you only need a pea size since it spreads easily. it has a thick consistency which I love and doesn't feel greasy upon application. at first, it leaves a dewy look but it fades into a semi-matte natural finish. It covers redness and evens out my skintone very well that I don't need to apply concealer over my post-acne marks. It doesn't cover it completely but it makes it less noticeble. It even covered my red inflammed zit that I skipped concealer! I don't feel like I'm wearing a "mask" and it doesn't cake or accentuate my problem skin,in fact it really makes my skin look flawless. So far, I haven't broken out since I don't use it daily. Also, I like the spatula since you don't have to pour it out and make a mess but a pump dispenser would have been better. For $48 cdn, it is expensive but worth it if you cna find your shade.