Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 3/17/2005 12:22:00 AM

I use the shade "Deep Brown" and the color is perfect for me. This is my HG mascara and I have been using it for a few years now.. must have gone through 8 tubes by now. It is the only mascara (and I have tried a lot) that really SEPERATES my lashes (which is the effect that I am going for). It is expensive, but worth it.

on 3/9/2005 5:55:00 PM

This is a great mascara for defining and lengthening lashes. I have fairly long lashes, and this mascara really makes them pop. I do find that too much product comes out on the wand, and I have to wipe it off before applying. But I haven't found any other mascara that give me quite the "doe-eyed bambie" look quite like this mascara. It is quite expensive (~25CDN), and I don't think lasts as long as it should (I find it tends to flake and dry out in about 1-2 months). But alas, it works really well for me, and doesn't irritate my eyes (I also wear contacts).

on 3/3/2005 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I like this mascara a lot because it does not run and give me racoon eyes. It stays put. Gives your eyelashes a natural look not fake and clumpy like some others. Don't expect miracles but if you are already blessed with long eyelashes, this one is for you.

on 2/27/2005 11:30:00 PM

I have a million of these in my makeup drawer from GWP's but I rarely ever use one. Nothing about this mascara impresses me although it doesn't have any really annoying tendencies either. Pros: it doesn't seem to clump or flake much and is easy to remove. Cons: it doesn't seem to lengthen or thicken very much. Good if you want a very subtle look I guess. Me, I want the thickest fringe possible. The fact that I have about 20 trial sizes of this mascara and I still go out and purchase something different when I need a new mascara ought to tell you something.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

HG (I get them when they have GWP mini's.) I love it. Stays put untill I was it off. Natural look.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I keep going back to this! I have tried Prescriptives, Mayballine, L'Oreal, Revlon and several others. My eyelashes are fairly long and have decent volume but w/o mascara they disappear. It wears well. Clumps some toward the end of the bottle. It may not be my HG just b/c of the cost but it sure comes close!

Skin: Normal, Other, Neutral

This is my hg mascara!!! If you like long separated lashes, you have found your match! although I love Amplicils as a base, once it dries a bit I put this on the tips and they make my lashes so super long, unbelievable (p.s. use a curler!!). There is no equal to this!

on 2/17/2005 2:08:00 PM

I really do not understand this mascara having a HG status for anyone. I am generally partial to almost all of Lancome's products...except for any of their mascaras. This is by far the worst. Clumps like all get-out. Horrible wand with huge gaps between bristles where loads of mascara pools-only to be left as gunky clumps on lashes in the attempt to apply-this wand may work if you wipe 80% of the product off with a tissue before applying-but I'd rather not spend $$$ on a mascara that is mostly wasted in this manner. Mascara's from the parent company, L'Oreal, are superior, and if you tissue off the wand, at least you're not wasting megabucks. Save yourself the expense and the raccoon eyes and buy L'Oreal Voluminous instead.

on 2/3/2005 7:05:00 PM

I have used this for a long time, occasionally straying into other brands, but I always come back to this. For me this is the only mascara I can depend on not to smear under my eyes. I like this because it just "defines" my eyelashes with a little color, adds some fullness and length. That's all I want, and with Definicils I get it -WITHOUT SMUDGES.

on 2/3/2005 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Unfortunately yes, I would buy this product again (considering I've bought it about 5 times). Itís soo expensive, but I can't find anything to compete with it.
Update: I still love Definicils, but I've since tried Hypnose, and it's even better! P.S. I couldn't help but notice that A LOT of the lousy reviews for this product, were from people that were rating the GWP sample. IMHO, you cannot get an accurate impression from a sample!

Popular Mascaras