Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 2/27/2005 11:30:00 PM

I have a million of these in my makeup drawer from GWP's but I rarely ever use one. Nothing about this mascara impresses me although it doesn't have any really annoying tendencies either. Pros: it doesn't seem to clump or flake much and is easy to remove. Cons: it doesn't seem to lengthen or thicken very much. Good if you want a very subtle look I guess. Me, I want the thickest fringe possible. The fact that I have about 20 trial sizes of this mascara and I still go out and purchase something different when I need a new mascara ought to tell you something.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

HG (I get them when they have GWP mini's.) I love it. Stays put untill I was it off. Natural look.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I keep going back to this! I have tried Prescriptives, Mayballine, L'Oreal, Revlon and several others. My eyelashes are fairly long and have decent volume but w/o mascara they disappear. It wears well. Clumps some toward the end of the bottle. It may not be my HG just b/c of the cost but it sure comes close!

Skin: Normal, Other, Neutral

This is my hg mascara!!! If you like long separated lashes, you have found your match! although I love Amplicils as a base, once it dries a bit I put this on the tips and they make my lashes so super long, unbelievable (p.s. use a curler!!). There is no equal to this!

on 2/17/2005 2:08:00 PM

I really do not understand this mascara having a HG status for anyone. I am generally partial to almost all of Lancome's products...except for any of their mascaras. This is by far the worst. Clumps like all get-out. Horrible wand with huge gaps between bristles where loads of mascara pools-only to be left as gunky clumps on lashes in the attempt to apply-this wand may work if you wipe 80% of the product off with a tissue before applying-but I'd rather not spend $$$ on a mascara that is mostly wasted in this manner. Mascara's from the parent company, L'Oreal, are superior, and if you tissue off the wand, at least you're not wasting megabucks. Save yourself the expense and the raccoon eyes and buy L'Oreal Voluminous instead.

on 2/3/2005 7:05:00 PM

I have used this for a long time, occasionally straying into other brands, but I always come back to this. For me this is the only mascara I can depend on not to smear under my eyes. I like this because it just "defines" my eyelashes with a little color, adds some fullness and length. That's all I want, and with Definicils I get it -WITHOUT SMUDGES.

on 2/3/2005 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Unfortunately yes, I would buy this product again (considering I've bought it about 5 times). Itís soo expensive, but I can't find anything to compete with it.
Update: I still love Definicils, but I've since tried Hypnose, and it's even better! P.S. I couldn't help but notice that A LOT of the lousy reviews for this product, were from people that were rating the GWP sample. IMHO, you cannot get an accurate impression from a sample!

on 1/31/2005 3:11:00 PM

I'm not sure why I've never reviewed this... I've had tons of the GWP version, but I've never purchased the full-size version.

It's an ok/decent mascara...

The pros are that it holds the curl all day, and it doesn't clump. It really separates the lashes. Also, it's easy to remove.

The cons are that the color is not a true black (it's more like a charcoat gray, and being someone that likes DARK black, this just doesn't do it for me in that dept). Also, it doesn't really give the thickening/volumizing effect that I would like in a mascara. And, it doesn't have a tendency to smudge under the eyes.

So, the overall verdict is, if someone were to give me this, I'd use it. And if I got a GWP version, I'd use it. But I probably wouldn't purchase it for myself.

on 1/31/2005 9:47:00 AM

Ugly grey color on me. Not black. It flakes, too. Irritating. I was hoping for a wonderful product, oh well.

on 1/23/2005 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

****Update 6/9/12: STILL using this and only this years later and it still delivers. HG stuff! ****

I was blessed with long eyelashes to begin with but this mascara makes my eyelashes touch my eyebrows if I use it with the Lancome XL primer. I get compliments all the time when I wear it and I cannot tell you how many times people ask me if my lashes are real.

However, I do have a huge gripe:

It is ONLY HG status if I use the primer with it, otherwise, it's just basic and overpriced.

When I first started using this mascara 10+ yrs ago, I swear the formula was different. When I use the primer and mascara together, I get the effect that I originally got when I just used the mascara alone, years ago. I swear that took out the thickening agent and decided it would be more profitable to sell it separately. Not nice.

However, I still find that it is undoubtedly the best mascara, period.