September 20, 2014 | 1773 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2003 11:44:00 AM More reviews by nobiki

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i finally finished my sample jar of this, it took forever (.21oz). and even after using it all this time, i am unsure what to make of it.

it has a great gel-cream texture, but it applies like gel. yet, unlike gel on my skin, it sinks in quickly and completely, a huge big plus. after use, the skin that is dry feels less tight, while the skin that is oily (i am combo) doesn't feel oilier.

used overnight, my entire face feels softer and less stressed (i am also sensitive). there isn't really a fragrance that i can tell - nothing floral, instead a slightly plant-like plastic smell.

this would be an awesome cream except for one problem - i can't use it for more than a few days without sprouting new pimples. i am not super-acne prone, but i do get my share of pimples from skin care products. yet, even after i found this problem, i continued to use it on my dry cheeks during our abnormally cold winter this year. and sure enough, my cheeks are moisturized, but they have little spots, which is almost unheard of for me.

so, i doubt i will repurchase this. loved the texture, loved the moisture, hate the spots. unless i can prove to myself the spots were due to something else (not likely) in which case i might repurchase. see, i said still wasn't sure about it. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2003 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Return_Queen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is such wonderful stuff. I use it in the spring/summer and it's perfect for what I need. I do hate the jar, but there is a men's version in a tube that works the same.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2003 2:08:00 PM More reviews by joannaB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

an excellent moisturizer in a very elegant pink glass jar. this stuff is a light smelling, semi-transparent pink gel that goes on silicone-smooth and keeps skin hydrated. skin liked it very much, will use again if needed. only caveat is that once after using a mask, i put this on and it stung like hell, so watch the irritants. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2003 3:35:00 PM More reviews by swalker29

I love this stuff! If you like to have a moisturizer go right in and work this is it! Doesn't leave any type of greasy residue or anything, yea it's a little $$$ but worth it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2003 8:22:00 PM More reviews by sweetsmell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this for use on my very dry but also irritaingly breakout-prone chin area. It hydrates nicely and evaporates well without feeling greasy.

**UPDATE** I discovered that, unfortunately, this was causing me more flakiness and irritation than doing good. Bummer - the search for a good non-irritating moisturizer contiues!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2003 2:43:00 PM More reviews by nuni

I thought this would be nice for my combination skin during winter, but it doesn't add enough moisture for that. It's perfect for spring and autumn though. I suspect it has some BHA in it, I don't need to exfoliate when I use this. No breakouts, delicate color and consistense.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2003 2:42:00 AM More reviews by danatron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, my skin is prone to breakouts, but is sensitive. While I like the silky texture of this product, something in it stings my skin. I didn't find it that moisturizing either. Also, I don't know why they put the men's version in a tube but "ours" in a jar. More feminine? I would like to know the market research on that!! The jar is pretty, but it is NOT sanitary. I won't be purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2003 11:36:00 PM More reviews by ashleybabes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this! I use it everyday. A little more that usual on the cheeks and chin in the winter. I also use it as a mask and steam my face. Great stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2003 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Nestevian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product did not work well at all on my dry skin. It left my skin feeling tight and sticky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2003 4:46:00 AM More reviews by annelau

How good is this product? Well, let me tell you, I am using my third jar of it.
It's a good news for people who have sensitive skin or other skin problems, but are looking for a good moisturiser.
It can add water to my skin immediately, and meanwhile, make my skin glows. Also, it helps to improve my skin - more silky, more watery and leaves it healthy. I love it and will stick to it!