July 26, 2014 | 1742 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2003 10:18:00 AM More reviews by KarenCG

This product did provide some immediate relief to some dry flaky skin I had, but I don't think I'd want to use it on a regular basis. It also made by face nearly beet red for some unknown reason -- not a look I was going for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2003 4:56:00 AM More reviews by littlebabynothing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cream has a gel formula. It is supposed to be super moisturizing... I had to use this along with another cream like moisture on line for example. Then it worked nicely on my sometimes dehydrated skin. I really like the colour and texture of this cream and that it is 100% fragrance free like most Clinique products are.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2003 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Merrydothe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my new favorite moisturizer for the face! It's light but full of needed moisture--and a little goes a long way. I got in a GWP and I bought the full size a few weeks later! I use it every morning before putting on my makeup and it creates a smooth dewy surface to work with-This one is FAB!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2002 11:43:00 PM More reviews by marchezvite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

An amazing multi-use product! I use a lot of Clinique products, but this is a must-have. It's a pale pink whipped-gel moisturizer that can be used under or OVER makeup. For oily skin gals like me, MSE is super because it's oil-free. I generally use it to set my makeup -- just rub a dab between my palms and pat onto makeup to set. Works like Thompson's Water Seal for makeup. :) Then during the day, if my face looks dry or lined, I'll pat on a bit more. At about $30 a jar, it's a tad pricey, but it's worth it for its versatility!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2002 10:13:00 PM More reviews by smookitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this moisturizer. Soaks in immedietly and no greasyness or shine. It's almost matte, but not quite. It's a great lightweight moisturizer for people w/ combo to oily skin. Drier skins may need something heavier than this, but it's perfect for me. No breakouts or irritation. Do wish it was a bit cheaper, but I don't have to use much. I bet it will definitely feel great come summertime.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2002 2:02:00 PM More reviews by emmes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i've only been using this for about a week, and i'm already loving it. the light gel-like texture feels soothing upon application. it always leaves my skin incredibly soft. one of the major reason why i'm liking this is because it has definitely improved the texture of my skin. it has evened out my skintone and even slightly reduced the pores on my cheeks... (i couldn't believe it either!)

however, i couldn't give it 5 lippies b/c like many other products, it had its drawbacks: 1) it feels slightly sticky right after you put it on. the stickiness does go away after several minutes 2) i would prefer it to come in a pump-type dispenser as the jar makes it a bit inconvenient and 3) in the cold winter weather, it sometimes isn't moisturizing enough for my face.

*UPDATE* its been almost a month and i've discovered that MSE has more drawbacks than benefits. i've noticed that it has caused me small pimples around the cheeck area and the Tzone area. this really upsets me b/c i RARELY ever get pimples!! i've decided to stop using this product.... as a result, i'm changing my rating form 4 lippies to 2 lippies

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2002 9:21:00 AM More reviews by celedine

A friend of mine totally raved about this product convincing me to purchace it. I didn't find it all that special. I've got dry/combo skin that tends to get drier in the winter, but this wasn't really moisturizing enough for me(dry/combo skin). It felt nice on application, but after a few minutes it seems to disappear leaving nothing. However I do like to use this after I've put my makeup on, when I'm looking particularly dry or overly powdery (when my makeup doesn't seem to 'stick'). I put a little bit on my palms, spread it out, then kind of warm it onto my face. It doesn't disturb my makeup, but it seems to set it and make my skin look healthier.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2002 12:10:00 AM More reviews by julieswahn

When you plunk down $40 for a moisturizer, you expect quality. I have good luck/bad luck with Clinique products but my interest in this moisturizer was piqued by others' comments on this board. Glad I listened because I love this stuff! My skin feels like a rose petal haha! I'm really not kidding, though.. it is incredibly soft yet not greasy. I prep my face by washing with Ivory soap (I know, but I just don't see a difference with face cleansers), then I use a mild toner, then put on my other new fabulous purchase--Total Turnaround Visible Results--let it soak in a bit, put on the Moisture Surge Extra and ahhhh feels so soothing and not greasy. Oh of course then I add my Nivea Q10 eye cream ;) In the a.m. I can't believe how soft and radiant my skin looks--this one's a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2002 8:33:00 PM More reviews by marisa193

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is wonderful for dry, winter skin. It's gel texture is just lovely and absorbs instantly into skin. I use this when my skin is feeling extra dry. It just feels good on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2002 11:59:00 AM More reviews by lilstone

This is my new moisturizer. It keeps my skin pretty matte throughout the day and I drink alot of water. Goes on smooth and makes skin feel the same way. Great product would recommend this for anyone with combo to slightly oily skin.