Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had been having problems with flakies around my nose and between my eyebrows. As a faithful user of the three step system (no longer, because of the reviews written about it on here), i went down to my local clinique counter. The pushy saleslady then proceeded to push this crappy product, and of course i cowered and bought it. At 30 bucks, this crap stung my dry/combo partially sensitive skin to no end and of course did not hydrate at all, as i was still as flaky as ever. I think this might be good for oilier types but if you have skin like mine, dont waste $30 us

on 8/8/2003 10:53:00 PM

Wow! This moisturizer is awesome. It left my skin looking great and feeling so smooth. I'm currently not using it because it's the summertime and my skin is not one bit dry but I can't wait till it's fall when I can pull this out again!

on 8/7/2003 2:51:00 AM

Awwwww...simply one of my holy grails!
It gives my skin feeling silky soft and hydrates so well! Whenever I feel my skin feeling tight, especially during winter, this is my rescue. I'll keep repurchasing this product, I'd say its one of the best moisturisers I've tried. Impressive products! au$54 for 50ml, not as expensive as other Cinique's moisturisers, worth trying!

I like the gel concept of this product, which is cool and refreshing. The silver and clear jar with pink gel is a pretty addition to my nightstand. I do like the packaging that allows me to see how much I have left rather than playing the guessing game of trying to eyeball down a non-clear container or holding it up to the light to try and see through the container. However, for the money, I wasn't "wowed" by this product. When I wash my face in the morning, I can feel this film left on my face which gives me the impression that it isn't sinking into my face but rather it is just laying there. After using this for the past couple of months, my opinion is somewhat conservative on this product--a mixed verdict and still wishing to find a "wow" gel moisturizer.

on 8/1/2003 11:36:00 PM

I bought this product because of its claims and the fact it was oil free; however, it also burned my skin and turned me beet red. I could not understand why it did this, since it was only supposed to add moisture. I took it back to the dept store and the salesperson acted as if I was crazy when I told her it burned my skin-but after reading some of y'all's reviews, I see that I am not the only one with the same experience.

this product made my normally dry cheeks silky smooth and i love that its oil free. my only complaint is that its packaged in a jar container.

on 7/21/2003 1:03:00 AM

I first got a sample GWP of this. I thought it would be either a) too greasy or b) not moisturizing enough. Both assumptions were wrong! This is great stuff! For the past 2 weeks or so I had a great cold and sneezed 20 hours a day. My nose area was so dry it hurts, but when I put this on, it heals so quickly and didn't turn red like rudolph. It also didn't peel. Also, for my combination/sensitive skin, it doesn't irritate or turn greasy. The only thing I hate is the price tag and the jar. It's not too hygenic that way.

on 7/10/2003 4:41:00 PM

I had high hopes for this product, after reading many of the(mostly) positive reviews, but this stuff actually dried my skin out on the very first application! I couldn't believe it! I immediately brought it back.

on 6/25/2003 4:31:00 PM

I took one lip off due to the awful packaging as in a jar. Don't understand why it just can't be improved. Anyway this is my HG moisturizer so far for my combination skin. I like the light scent and it is so easy to apply and it right sinks into the skin. It's a little bit pricy but I would purchase it again.

on 6/23/2003 10:24:00 AM

This stuff feels so good on my skin and it smells gorgeous. I have combination skin and I use this on my T-zone. It does a good job of moisturizing, and it leaves my skin "plumper" looking (less wrinkley). This is a keeper!