Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 3/27/2007 10:21:00 PM

well, i like it. does everything it suppose to, not to mention is cheap!

on 3/27/2007 3:40:00 PM

i love this powder,one of my staples.it doesn't cake or st in large pores,doesn't make me breakout,the smell is nice and subtle,and most importantly doesn't make me like a clown.i already have three pieces of it

on 3/21/2007 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've got an unfortunately very oily t-zone and this does really keep me matte for a good few hours. The packaging is not the greatest because the top will come off in your makeup bag, pretty much without fail. I usually only use the product to set my m/u in the mornings so that's not really much of a problem. The product itself is really pretty great, I've not tried a better mattifying powder yet, but I also haven't tried MAC Blot, which is my next try. Overall a really good product that delivers on it's promise, and I love Rimmel as a whole. I will also buy again regardless of what I think of the MAC, and continue to use it in addition.

on 3/11/2007 9:54:00 AM

This is a staple for my oily t-zone. It's inexpencive, the color is a good match, and there's a lot of product for the money. And it does what it says, keeps my face naturally matte for 5 hours. I have no problem with keeping it in my purse for touch-ups, and I use a velour applicator rhat fits into the compact. It's not the most elegant compact in the world, but I paid for the powder itself and don't mind the cheap look of it. It works, and I'm satisfied.
If I find a classy compact I can depot it into though, it would be nice.
Mine has the color Silky Beige 005, and it's kind of a neutral color.
Bluegreen eyes, dark hair, cooltoned skin for reference.
UPDATE: The product has hardened, making application a hassle since I can't get enough powder on. And it doesn't keep me matte for more than 2 hours, maybe 3 tops. Been using it everyday for a year, several times a day and there's still a lot of product in the compact. Too bad I can't get it all out.
Oh well, I'm going to try Bourjois next.

on 3/10/2007 11:10:00 PM

Packaging isnt bad , color for ivory tones is a bit to dark i look like i got a bit of a light tan on , id give i 3 .25 if i could , its not the best but definatly not the worst powder foundation , sponge applicator is for the birds lol , umm coverage could be a bit better but it was nice its so fine and u dont have the cake age even on my oily t zone ! i use a kabukki brush for the more coverage not to much tho or you'll look like a clown ! but id buy again just the color is a bit off mostly why i didnt like it

on 3/7/2007 2:53:00 AM

I hated this. At first it seemed promising, but it oxidized quickly and I really disliked the consistency of the powder. I threw it out halfway through because I just couldn't wear it any longer. Inexpensive, but there are definitely better products out there for the same price. Would not repurchase.

on 3/3/2007 6:38:00 PM

I don't know why but I bought this.I wanted to see if it was any good I guess. I like it except for the fact that it seems to make me oily. So what the hell is the point of using it.It does not cake or settle into lines it has good color not to pink.I will not buy this again but will use as a backup instead until it runs out I will just be sure to carry oil absorbing sheets too.

on 2/28/2007 1:38:00 PM

I was a tad skeptical at first cuz the price was so low, but after reading all these reviews, i thought Id give it a try. I bought the transparent colour and when I first applied it with a brush, the powder wouldn't get on my brush. It's some krazy pressed powder cuz I had to swirl it around a million times before I got a decent amount of powder onto my brush. But that's not a big deal to me. The color was ok with me cuz I have very light, yellowish asian skin so I didn't notice any change of colour once it was put on my face. I also have combo skin so it did get rid of the shine on my tzone and made the rest of my face matte which i liked. I found that it had better results once i put lotion on my face before i put the powder on. So far so good, no itchiness or anything. I would probably buy it again.

on 2/26/2007 11:15:00 PM

Next to MAC blot powder, this is the best pressed powder I have ever used. I have the shade "Sandstone" and it's a perfect match for my yellow-undertoned, pale skin. It's scented but it's not a bad scent. It gets rid of the greasies and as someone else said, it doesn't sit on top of your skin, giving you that scary/cakey look. True, the packaging is a little awkward and it doesn't come with an applicator of any sort, but that's no big deal to me. I either swirl my own brush over it or use the puff that I threw in there when I bought it. I'll buy this one again.

on 2/26/2007 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Very affordable (4-5$ CAD). I guess they make it more affordable by cutting some stuff out - this does not come with mirror nor sponge, so not the greatest product for mid-day touchups. It is a pretty good powder to set foundation though, and as a finishing powder, it does makes my pores aroung T-zone appear smaller. The texture of this product makes for a better application with a brush anyway, so I guess that's why there is no puff with it. It's decent product, and does cut down on oiliness. Still looking for a better product though, so I'll pass on buying this again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials