October 1, 2014 | 1832 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2004 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Hedonic_Devotion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i am a PPP/LLL, and i am wearing this powder in '001 Ivory.' it actually looks a lot darker in the package than it does wehn it's applied, which kind of threw me for a loop initially. when i first put it on, i applied it with the sponge applicator that came with it, which was a bad idea... that didnt blend it too well. the other posters are right...it DOES need to be applied with a brush. i was surprised at the smoothness of the texture....it seems to be VERY finely milled, and, somehow, is almost creamy-feeling (even though it's oil-free and controls shine)! i put it over my aveda moisture + tint, which has taken away the greasy feel of the moisturizer (see my review for THAT). this stuff made my face matte right away, and blends REALLY well with my skin color. for the cheap-ass drugstore price, i am HIGHLY impressed, since my HG is aveda foundation powder in dual aster (obviously, i'm looking for something cheaper...). i had never even considered buying rimmel for a foundation, but it got quite a few raves on MUA, so i gave it a shot....and i'm glad i did. i'll see how it holds out the rest of the day, and i'm excited to play around with using it over different bases (such as my usual: philosophy's the present). anyway, it's definitely good stuff!! now i am excited to try other rimmel products. :) ****UPDATE**** ok, after wearing this stuff for a whole day, i'm ready to vomit. it got SOO cakey! i tried it several more times with different bases, but i don't think this is going to work out. *sigh.* this was probably not a good choice for my combination skin. i bet it would sit well with oilier girls, though. also, it smells super-funky....in a very BAD way. good luck, all!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2004 8:27:00 PM More reviews by mrs_ames77

This is the only powder I use and I like it very much!! I may try the Lancome Matte powder soon tho!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2004 11:41:00 PM More reviews by diachu21

.....this is a very good product, although i have purchased in a supermarket this is a very good product. Iam very surprised to say since iam a very picky "base" person but this is so far one of my staples i use in the morning. I have tried BB's press/loose, shiseido-luminese/powdery fndn etc.. and so far I cannot complain. This cost $7.00 and I have this in Transparent. I use this to set my concealer and I look very polished.

Update: I find this looks a but powdery in the morning, now i use it for the most oiliest days or in the evening to perfect the blank canvas.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2004 12:35:00 PM More reviews by blue_eyez

I didn't mind this Rimmel powder, however I believe it was making my skin break out in little red spots. I don't like how Rimmel doesn't put their ingredients on the package and they don't specify whether the powder is oil-free or non-comedogenic. Also, I have the infamous t-zone shine and found this "5 hours shine free" guarantee didn't hold up. It lasted about two before I had to blot and reapply the powder. However, the powder DOES go on smoothly and is not noticeable. For the price, I think it's a super buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2004 2:53:00 PM More reviews by taiwan_beauty

I don't like this powder very much. It makes my Asian skin look washed out. The only good thing about this powder is the price. It's cheap, and it does keep my skin shine-free, though the performance is no better than any other powder. I also dislike the fact that it does not come with a puff or brush to apply with.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2004 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Mambar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder (I got the translucent)worked great to create a nice smooth finish with no break-outs in nasty Louisiana weather. However, the packaging is terrible because it causes the powder to break up and become a mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2004 1:03:00 PM More reviews by ishtar_chick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had read so many reviews on this, that I really didn't know if i'd buy it or not, but finally twod ays ago i ran out of my regulat powder, and this one was on sale, and there vˇwas a SG demonstrating the product, so i gave it a try and OMG!!! it is just perfect! not really pigmented, very finelly milled, and absolutely mattifies my face =)
I'm really happy with this, i got it in 005 silky beige. Tip. use this with a powder brush, not a sponge applicator.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2004 1:57:00 PM More reviews by canuckgirl

I love this stuff!! Nice matte effect without feeling dry or cakey on the skin. Claims to control shine for 5 hours, I actually didn't have to blot any oil all day (I've got combo skin that tends to get oily in the nose and forehead). Definetley a staple in my makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2004 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Agenoria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for two months and am on my second powder. Aside from having to buy an aplicator, I absolutely love this powder, especially for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2004 3:25:00 PM More reviews by weyrlady1985

This is my new foundation! I happened upon it one day while I was browsing at Wal-Mart and picked it up because of the price. To my surprise, it works very well. The package claims it controls shine for five hours - on my skin, its closer to four. While it stays, though, it does as nice a job as anything I've tried. Excellent at covering pores and blemishes. There are two problems: the container comes open awfully easily, which means I can't carry it with me (so I'm pretty much on my own by the end of a school day) and it doesn't come with a brush or a sponge. So I'm using my old Clinique one, which works just fine. Definitely recommended.