December 18, 2014 | 1530 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2005 9:26:00 AM More reviews by flowerchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I haven't really had the chance to test all of the foundations out there but i think this one is ok. The only problem is that i suggest you use a brush to put it on or it gets thick and fake looking. I am also not sure if it just a coincedence that my mom can tell everytime i put some on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2005 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Flummig

This is a good powder how smells delicious.It's good if you have little bit oily skin and want to stay matte*smile*.I have it in 005 Silky Beige the lightest version.

''Controls shine for up to 6 hours.
natural matte finish.Helps minimise the appearance uf pores.''

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2005 8:49:00 AM More reviews by annecrorkin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

it has a great variety of shades and i use the lightest as im quite fair skinned and it works a treat its fabulous everyone iv'e mentioned it to think its great as soon as mine runs out il run to the nearsest make up store to get some.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2005 11:24:00 PM More reviews by ceciliathegreat

Uhh...I think i got a shade slightly too dark on me...but besides this, I still don`t like this powder. I was searching for a cheap powder since I was using powders that month like crazy and my Dual Finish from Lancôme was running out. So first I tried using it as a foundation powder and the result was NOT pretty! I got all these dry patches on my skin, not dry flakes from my own skin, but flakes and `dry dots` from the powder! Then I tried using it on top of my liquid foundation to set it, and i still don`t like it cuz it eccentuated all these fine lines on my face. I think `stay matte` is a lil TOO matte for me because it actually made my face really dry and crusty after each use. Also I do not like the packaging either, seems really weird to me cuz it`s really bulky and does not look chic or cute either; really plain looking due to the beige color. The only good thing that i can think about this is that the powder`s very soft which i think is very important!Also, mine came with a free concealer...never used it and think i never will...anyone want it? lol think i`ll give it to my cousin as a `present`lol

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2005 7:20:00 AM More reviews by laurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I guess this is a cheap and ok powder but not the best if your skin is dry on the top like mine. Id need my powder to be very finely milled, I dont really need a lot of oil control but more like setting my makeup. I use loose powder on the mornings but would need a more convenient packaging to carry around. Well at least this is not what I am looking for. It is not convenient because it lacks a mirrror and the lid does not stay firmly on.I used to own Clarins pressed powder. It was my fist powder ever and I think it has also been the best. Ill never buy this one because it looks too cakey even if I use a brush and not a velvet buff. I cant give it a worst grade because it might work for oilier skins. And the colors are very good!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2005 2:15:00 PM More reviews by FranP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this pressed powder is okay. It is nothing special or great and the oil controlling qualities are average. The packaging is not good at all, no mirror and no puff for application. I really think that Jane's Oil-Free pressed powder is much better then this. I will finish using what I have then I will go back to the Jane Oil-Free pressed powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2005 9:10:00 PM More reviews by GemS

This is my holy grail pressed powder! I think I'm on my 4th compact. I use the shade Transparent for my pale skin. It's not exactly "transparent" because the powder does initially make my face look even paler. I really love the texture - finely milled and applies evenly. It also provides great coverage for a powder. I just use concealer and powder (I pat it on rather than smooth it all over) and my imperfections seem to blur away. I love how I can pat on more powder without it caking up or getting chalky. No breakouts either! The only reason preventing me from giving it a perfect 5 is that it doesn't keep me matte for as long as I'd like. As for the packaging, the lid does fall off easily and it's inconvenient to carry around since it has no mirror, but I don't mind because I never carry powder with me. I also like how the pan is big enough for me to swirl my powder brush in it. Great price, too -- $5-7 CDN!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2005 6:58:00 PM More reviews by lucyboo

i keep going back to this again and again, even though my snobby self would love to use something that looks classier / more stylish / prettier! (seriously though, apart from the lack-of-glam factor -- and since kate moss is rimmel’s face, it should be a bit better than this! -- the style of packaging doesn’t worry me too much). the large flat surface area means you can get the biggest fluffiest brush all over it in one go. it’s impossible to look over-powdered or chalky. the colours (i use the translucent one) are natural and great. it gives a soft matte look, even on the days you just wear some moisturiser and sunblock (ie, no foundation) – it doesn’t necessarily give the coverage of a foundation, but it mattes you down nicely. have to admit the matte doesn’t last all day (especially on a hot day when you’re bound to get a little ... shall we say glowier!) but when you re-apply, it goes on again well, no dramas. a good reliable product! (in australia it’s pretty cheap compared to other “drugstore” brands, too).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2005 10:55:00 AM More reviews by amarock

This is my staple powder - I actually really like the packaging of this powder because the surface is large enough to dust my face brush over it. I don't carry this in my purse so I don't have issues with the lid coming off. The lid does tend to get looser and one of mine cracked. As for product performance, it works just as well as the more expensive department store brands that I've used in the past. It's not chalky and I like that it doesn't have a scent to it. I use the Translucent colour and I've repurchased it many times and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2005 9:34:00 PM More reviews by arp4235

This powder proves that you don't have to pay a lot for great results. I have breakout-prone skin and I think that this powder has actually helped to squash breakouts by curbing oil. I use Sandstorm 004 on my fairly light skin and it blends perfectly. If the packaging is what allows them to keep the price so low (approx. $2.50 USD) then I am all for it. The stuff that is inside is what mattahs most to muah-self. Good enough to use in place of foundation on good days. Great stuff.