Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 10/24/2008 5:45:00 PM

this really is a great product to set your make-up with, it keeps shine away for about 4 hours and gives that extra coverage (sheer) on top of your foundation. I got this on sale, but i would definitly buy it again. comparable to MAC blot powder.

This is the best powder I've found at my controlling my super oily skin, but unfortunately it breaks me out...and I'm not saying that it might have broken me out, but that I'm positive it did. I liked it so darn much that I kept going back to it - over five times - even when I knew better, and sure enough, each time I started breaking out again. In fact, even the other day in a pinch I put some just on my nose, and the next day I had three red blemishes there, even though I hardly ever break out on my nose (other than consistent blackheads - sorry for the overshare!). I loved it for setting my makeup and for touch ups, which I needed significantly less of than with any other powder. The finish is great, very much like a powder foundation like some others have said, but I've never felt powder foundations went well over my foundation and concealer, and this does. It left a nice matte look (use lightly if you like a more natural look) and was great at evening out my skintone more when the rest of my makeup hadn't cut it. I have the lightest shade, which is pale enough for me (not like "white" light, but many shades aren't pale enough for me) and definitely has yellow undertones.

on 10/10/2008 9:44:00 PM

i really like this powder. i have it in translucent. i wear it over my mineral foundation (i find it helps it stay put a bit more in addition to helping control the oil more) and my liquid foundation. i think it really helps. i have pretty oily skin and you can really see this on my nose and the rest of my t-zone, but this helps keep my skin less oily. the packaging is a bit "eh." i like the fact that it is so simple, because then you know that they're charging you for the product, not for any kind of fancy packaging, but it is a little difficult to take anywhere. and another plus, it doesn't turn orange!! previously i used a different pressed powder over my makeup, and my skin would looks a little orangey after a while. initially i thought it was my mineral makeup, but after i switched to this powder, i didn't have any more problems. in addition, it doesn't break me out! yay!! i'll definitely keep on buying this because it's a good price, it does its job, and my skin doesn't look awful after using it.

on 10/1/2008 8:12:00 AM

It works very well ontop of tinited moisturizer of foundation just to keep shine away. I love it! It actually adds a bit of extra coverage and a nice finish to your face. Doesnt dry out your face and lasts for quite a while. I have to re apply a few times throughout the day but i recommened!
Love it!

on 9/11/2008 4:28:00 AM

I have this in sandstorm.The most thing i love about this powder is that it matches my tone perfectly!! and i never found a product that matches my skin tone this way.i love the price,really cheap ;) however i don't like the packaging, i can't take it with me to work, it looks cheap and i have to take a sponge in different container since i don't put it with the powder (it will transfer the oil to the powder). the staying power is good, i have to touch up after approximately 2 to 3 hours although i have a combination skin not that oily but i live in a hot climate weather so i guess it is ok. i only hope if i didn't need to touch up that often and that it had a better packaging but without changing the price ;)

on 9/11/2008 4:27:00 AM

on 9/11/2008 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Yes, it is kind of a drag to not have a mirror in the compact, and to buy puffs separately. On the other hand, you get nearly twice the usual amount of powder in this enormous pan (.49 oz. versus .3 oz for most compacts) and the powder itself is pretty serviceable. Sponge puffs can be had for about $2 for a six-pack, so it's no hardship to buy them separately.

I use the lightest shade, Translucent, and it's a great match for my fair, yellow-toned skin. It applies very sheerly, perhaps in part because I am using foam sponges rather than a velour puff. Oil-controlling ability is about average, 3-4 hours at best. But I have very oily skin and no powder has ever been my miracle in that department. I do like this powder a lot because it is finely milled, applies evenly, and is sheer enough not to form a cakey layer over my foundation.

on 8/17/2008 2:05:00 AM

I have been using this for about two weeks and i wear it over my stay matte liquid foundation. i use this or mark on a normal basis and bare minerals on special occassions.
But i have found that i look flawless when i combined the two! its great and its only $4 most of the time!!

on 8/12/2008 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an awesome powder - I find I use it more often than even some of my more expensive stuff - but the packaging is awful as said below - mine broke, too and that is a nuisance. But the product is excellent. Very smooth and not cakey, no weird smells, not orange-y or fakey looking, just a silky texture that is very nice.

Video Reviews & Tutorials