Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 11/5/2007 12:50:00 AM

Pros:
1. Doesn't smudge and weigh down lashes.
2. Easily removed with Fancl mild cleansing oil or Whitia perfect clear gelas compared to Maybelline XXL mascara which is tough to remove.
3. Coat lashes thick enough for volume and gives a nice curl too. Eyes do look more beautiful.

Cons:
1. It gets clumpy when applied for more than 3 times. Needs a mascara comb to get rid of excess mascara.
2. The brush is too bulky so its a bit tough to apply on tiny lashes in the front corner of the eyes.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample of this. I use it with Shiseido mascara base and I'm satisfied with the results. I think the color pigment could be a little better though. I have this in black, but I still think that the Definicils black looks better on my lashes than this. I like this though--it doesn't flake off, doesn't smudge, makes lashes dramatic. It's pretty good, just not like "Oh my god, amazing!" I'm still looking for that mascara.

on 10/30/2007 2:22:00 PM

I read through the reviews on this product and think that people are confusing Clinique's High Impact masacra with the High Definition mascara as they keep mentioning the mascara comb/wand. To clarify, High Impact has a large regular-style brush wand. High Definition mascara has a brush-side and a comb-side wand. I have the High Impact mascara in black and the color is a rich glossy black that I adore.This does not give me thickness or volume. It clumps up and flakes off as the day wears on.

on 10/28/2007 8:58:00 AM

Hard for me to understand the negative reviews. There are no fibers in this, and it is a brush, not comb wand. I have long lashes, but need thickening and definition and this mascara does just that. It doesn't flake or smudge at all. Makes my eyes really stand out.

on 10/26/2007 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great if you're after some volume (not great volume, though, it doesn't add that much), I however love lengthening mascaras, so I hoped it could combine the two, but it does not. Great mascara anyway, but not what I was after.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I like this mascara. it got a small sample of it with GWP. I love how it makes my lashes thick and glossy. very happy with it and i will most likely re-purchase.
I also love the colour of the tube.

If you are unsure if you are gonna love or hate this mascara,the best thing to do is just buy it on ebay. that way even if u hate it,its ok coz u havent paid the full pricy price for it :) yaay ebay!

on 10/23/2007 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

this used to be my favorite mascara ever a few years before i became truly obsessed w/makeup (specifically mascara) and discovered MUA. back then i thought it was amazing! i just bought a new tube of it recently, thinking "why not go back to the one i've always loved?" since i've been on a manic search to replace my dc'd HG lately. well...let's just say it's not quite as phenomenal as i remembered. it has a nice brush and a great, deep, glossy black formula which i do love, but other than that it's not really too impressive. unless you're hyper careful, the brush seems to deposit too much mascara onto your lashes, causing them to stick together. i guess this could be resolved by wiping off your wand before you apply but i absolutely refuse to do that, i don't think a good mascara should need to be wiped before use! not to mention the amount of product you waste by doing so. imo it's too much hassle. plus, i did a side-by-side comparison of this on one eye and L'oreal Voluminous Full Definition on the other and you would never know they were different. even the brush looks exactly the same! so i wouldn't say this is a bad mascara, it's a solid 6/10, but i wouldn't repurchase. sad, i know.

on 10/21/2007 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Really like this mascara! It gives great volume--I even had someone compliment me on my lashes. If you are looking for volume without a lot of clumps, this is a good one, and it's cheaper than DiorShow.

on 10/20/2007 2:32:00 AM

I got this mascara as a mini. On its own, it didn't do anything for me. The formula didn't apply to my lashes in adequate amounts. I'd have to reapply over and over again.

However, I started using this together with Max Factor Masterpiece as a second layer and I found that after I had already applied Masterpiece, the High Impact mascara went on really well and increased the overall look. I think that the qualities of the 2 mascaras (good separation and darkness) compliment each other really well.

on 10/18/2007 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i got this as a gift along with my other Clinique purchases! Its a really nice mascara especially for night!
It has pretty good impact and makes my lashes really stand out, even in photographs!
Only thing is you cant put to many coats on or it'll start to clump. I find i only need one coat but i always use a lash curler first.
Good product but not good enough to buy cos its not cheap!