December 21, 2014 | 1702 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2007 11:23:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

High impact comes in a pretty blackish green sparkly tube. I used a couple of trial sizes and loved the thickening and how easy it was to was off. But I don't think I'll buy this again because the sticky formula is heavy and my curl drops out. Plus the formula is a strange matt black has lots of fibres obviously sticking out sideways from the lashes which flake off onto cheeks in the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2007 7:54:00 PM More reviews by sixxmum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have short lashes and they are also "sparse." If I use this in combination with the clinique primer, I can almost get a decent lash going. It takes some work to get this off, and sometimes I will get flaking overnight (from the bits that didn't come off with jojoba oil). But, overall it's what I fall back on day after day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS MASCARA! And I've tried a lot of them. This one builds nice volume without clumps, doesn't flake (I live in a dry climate so this is super important), and washes off with just water (but doesn't give me raccoon eyes, ever). The Black is a basic black shade and the packaging is a nice dark green metallic color, not the ugly pastel green of a lot of Clinique products. (UPDATE: the cap cracked after several uses - so now I think a bit of air is getting into the tube)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2007 12:08:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros: Very dark black, fairly buildable, decent staying power

Cons: Not very much volume, slightly crunchy lashes

I have been loyal to my Lash Envy (Px) for its amazing volume and length, but it does tend to leave lashes bumpy & clumpy. Looking for a high volume alternative without having to use a base; this might be it, but I'll probably keep looking, including trying out my old fave Diorshow.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2007 12:55:00 PM More reviews by yelloworange

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of my fav mascaras. It thickens my lashes but what is really great is that it separates and lengthens really well at the same time. I get NO clumping at all. The black has a good inky blackness. A great reliable mascara that gives a little lash drama.
Update: Still loving this. I have tried the newest Estee Lauder, Max Factor and Lancome formulas and this one still wins. It makes my lashes really look thick but in a natural way. It lengthens great! I never get any smudging.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2007 11:09:00 AM More reviews by carrotcake

I really hate this mascara. I gave it two lippies only because there are acutally worse out there than this one (**cough** Great Last **cough**). This stuff clumps, smears, flakes, and hardly does anything to legnthen or thicken my lashes. Why bother?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2007 10:30:00 AM More reviews by SinfullyGirly

Love this!! It has a lovely full brush that makes mascara easy to apply, I can apply lots of coats without ever any clumping. Doesnt flake or smuge. Makes my lashes lovely and fulll and my lashes are rubbish! Only wish it came in waterproof aswell but I can always add a sealant to it. This is my HG at moment. Maybe forever............. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2007 5:12:00 PM More reviews by jude00

i wish we had an option to choose that we'd "maybe" buy this product again. this thickened and darkened the lashes very well. but unfortunately, it does have a very high tendency to smudge. the upside is also that it is very easy to remove, as are most of clinique's mascaras. i wouldn't recommend this tho.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2007 9:16:00 PM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG mascara! It makes my eyelashes look really thick without being clumpy. It works as well as more expensive ones (like Dior) while being $10 cheaper. I always try other mascaras (especially when lured with free samples) but I always come back to this one. And Clinique likes to include it in their GWP so I have about 5 travel sizes! :o)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2007 5:06:00 PM More reviews by vivix

i buy skincare products almost exclusively from clinique because my skin is very sensitive. i get high impact mascara all the time from GWPs. i rarely used it because of the many bad reviews here, but i decided to give it a go and it really is very good! no flakes, no clumps (which i thought there would be! but i wiped the brush off first on the edge), and my lashes are really a lot more noticeable now. i'm asian with really, really straight lashes, but this mascara doesn't cause my just-curled lashes to point downwards like they usually do.

UPDATE: I wore this from 8PM to 2PM (I went to a party and decided to see if it would smear if I slept with it on. In case I anticipated the need to crash in the future.. didn't want to look like a panda!) Anyway, no flakes, no smears! Again! I did use a base under, but I have oily lids.