April 19, 2014 | 1432 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2003 4:44:00 PM More reviews by scarlet773

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only reach for this on days when my skin feels very oily. On normal days this cleanser dries my skin and makes it feel tight. Be very careful not to get this in your eyes or anywhere near them because this burns the eyes terribly. I won't buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2003 4:25:00 PM More reviews by karinaaa

I Have been using this product for 2 years.Ever since I had a face rash and went to the derm for treatment.Rash went away with anti-biotics.With his advice ,CETAPHYL became my daily facial soap.
My skin has always been acne free (even in puberty)and tans easily even thought I have fair hair and blue eyes,I digress.
Back to "C" .Well for two years now I have had acne in areas I didn't think you could get acne(white heads). Near my eyes,along the chin line,hair line, chin line,along my eyebrows.
I was so convinced it could not have possibly been C, No soap, no detergent no no no OH SO GENTLE!!!I blamed in on adult acne or a phase????
Until I recently read about SLS.
I stopped using it right away and I guess SLS is not for me.My skin has cleared up in only three days with something I have been suffering with for 2 years.I have all of you to thank for this.I read all of the reviews for C which has a rating of 3.3 and 56% would buy again.Thanks S*****ks.
Do not waist your time on this, when there are so many with higher reviews.I switched to Avalon face gel only because I love the scent of lavender.I also use a sulfur soap which helps prevent acne, but can be a bit drying, which is fine if you use moisturizer right after.
The C dried my skin out bad.It was a deep dry and made my face look wrinkled.I hope this helps someone out there the way you guys helped me.Thanks MAKEUP ALLEY.
As a side note,I should include all factors to be fair.I also recently started taking Coral Calcium pills (2xday).WHich is supposed to be great for skin and has all kind of anti-aging properties.I had read that as we get older our Calcium levels drop and this can can a change in your body which promotes adult acne.
Thansk for reading and Good luck.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2003 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Ciji63

A good basic cleanser that removes makeup and leaves skin smooth and normal (not drying at all). A small amount is all that's needed. For the price, it can't be beat - spend your money on good moisturizers and foundations -

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2003 7:38:00 PM More reviews by oxfordgrrl

A foaming cleanser that removes makeup without being too harsh. Good in the summer. Leaves a matte finish for a long time on my oily t-zone. Now that it is winter, I have gone back to Eve Lom and REN. If you have oily or combo skin, give it a try - only $4.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2003 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Flinta3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this since may 2002, and it never broke me out. My skin can be crazy! It's all normal, when suddenly out of nowhere i can wake up with a pimple under my skin. Since i began using this, i noticed a lot less of those nasty little morning "surprises". Removes makeup and eye-makeup nicely!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2003 10:24:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another recommendation by my Dr. after really screwing up my skin by using AHA's and BHA's too often. Works wonderfully! True, the smell is rather odd, but I don't find it that unpleasant. It gets all my makeup off (though I should mention that I don't wear a ton) without stripping my skin or leaving a film. It foams only very slightly, so those who like a lot of lather may be dissapointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2003 10:20:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Dr.'s must recommend this stuff for a reason. I can't imagine that one could go through a gagillion years of school and not know something. C'mon! Be honest, when have you ever heard a Dermatologist recommend LaMer or Remede, or even Paula's Choice! You haven't (although it is worth mentioning that I showed my Dr. Paula's 8% AHA and she said it was a fine product, just use it keeping your skin type in mind. She recommended using it every other day for sensitive skin). From now on, I'll be going with the products my Dr. recommends. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2003 10:14:00 AM More reviews by SparklingCinderella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after asking for recommendations on irritated skin. I have very oily skin with mild acne. I had used Pure Zone which started to irritat my skin then I switched th Phisoderm which irritated it and dryed it out so I stopped using it after a few days. Since Cetaphil was recommended I decided to try it. It's been almost a week and I see a big difference. My face has started to clear up of my mild acne and my face is no longer dry and irritated. My face is starting to look healthy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2003 9:19:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Like it, but the smell is rather strange, almost like hairspray! I think it is a good cleanser however, and it seem to do a good job removing makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2003 8:21:00 PM More reviews by bluz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wanted to really like this since the original cleanser couldn't wash off my make-up. The masking fragrance nearly knocked me out and would give me a headache every time I used it. This was returned to the drugstore.