September 30, 2014 | 1171 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2003 12:13:00 PM More reviews by kimk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, I know loads of people have slammed the scent of this but I actually like it! Kinda clean, kinda light floral - It's sure a YMMV thing! It works wonderfully on my normal skin, and really cleans without stripping. Takes makeup off well, and rinses nicely! I'll absolutely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2003 8:52:00 PM More reviews by jhello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had tried the original Cetaphil and was NOT impressed. This, however, is an entirely different product. Two pumps is usually enough to take off my makeup and cleanse my face without stripping it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2003 8:39:00 AM More reviews by jalin

Cetaphil worked great for me for many months, then it just ran out of steam and did not seem to clean as well. I used what was left of my bottle to clean my makeup brushes, and it was great for that purpose since it is not as harsh on the bristles as other soaps might be. For those who this works for as a cleanser - consider yourselves lucky! I really liked it when it was effective for me, but unfortunately it can't perform for me anymore.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2003 4:10:00 AM More reviews by dusice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The good: If you have very oily skin that is not overly sensitive, you may very well love this cleanser! It really gets the oil out. It did a good job cleansing my oily t-zone.

The bad: First of all, it overdried my already dry cheeks. That in turn made them so much oilier! Second, I do not like the fragrance. When I bought this I didn't read the package closely enough. I just assumed that it would be fragrance free like the original Cetaphil. Another thing is you have to really rinse a lot to get all the stuff off your face. There are these tiny little bubbles that just don't wanna go! Lastly, the stuff is so watery that I tend to use a lot and it ran out in a little over a month.

For my sensitive skin, I would not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2003 2:35:00 PM More reviews by gizmogirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised by this product. I'm a teen with oily skin and some acne, so I'd been using the typical teen acne cleanser by Neutrogena or Clean and Clear. But this worked better than any of that stuff! My acne has gotten better and my skin is so soft- it's gentle and feels clean. if i want to really refresh my face i'll rinse off the cleanser with 8-10 splashes of cold water and that really does the trick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2003 2:18:00 PM More reviews by kate8

Summer has arrived, but this year, my skin isn't freaking out---it went crazy last year when we moved to the Midwest, and all of my well-loved products seemed to give it trouble. I'm nearly out of my wonderful Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel, so since I'm usually more oily with the heat and humidity, and I have several abandoned cleansers from last year's skin mayhem, I thought I'd try to use a few up. This Cetaphil cleanser is a lathering, soapy cleanser, unlike the wipe-off kind that I occasionally use for normal skin, but it's fine---nothing fantastic, but cheap, works well, my skin looks great, no problems, gets my makeup off. It hasn't rocked my world, but it hasn't annoyed me, either, so I'll use the bottle up happily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2003 4:10:00 PM More reviews by rebeccathereader

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing. Both of my "celebrity" NYC dermatologists who have their own lines that sell in Sephora recommend this cleanser as a make up remove. Used once, it removes greese, foundation, and powder. Used twice, it gently cleanses the skin. If you decide that you would like an exfolliant, usually a no-no with acne prone skin that is sensitive to breakouts and scarring, use with a minimal amount of baking soda for a cheap, deep-clean. This is the best on the market!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2003 10:50:00 PM More reviews by CulturedPearl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my search to find a cleanser that would not irritate or dry my oily skin, I have come upon this product. I actually have the opposite of a t-zone problem. I break out on my cheeks but usually have a dry chin and mouth area so ultra drying cleansers like bar soaps and neutrogena products will leave me high and dry. This cleanser worked well for me in the winter time and call me crazy but I actually like the scent. However, now that summer is approaching, my oil glands are in over drive and I need a new cleanser. I'm thinking I might keep this for winter and switch to Aveeno clear complexion for summer

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2003 5:37:00 PM More reviews by scooper

Trying to save some money, I decided to try Cetaphil for oily skin since my skin tends to be a bit on the oily side once summer comes and original Cetaphil Gentle formula has worked wonders on my winter skin. First of all, this requires a lot of rinsing, much more so than the original. I felt more of a film which is quite surprising considering this is for oily skin. Furthermore, this is truly some stinky stuff. I gagged when I first put this on my face. Into the garbage it goes. What a waste of $6. I'll stick with Lancome.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2003 2:36:00 PM More reviews by cmnakamoto

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and this cleanser cleans without stripping. The only downside is that the product is watery so you end up using a lot for just one face wash.