November 23, 2014 | 2057 users online

Treatments - Burt's Bees - Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2002 5:13:00 PM More reviews by huneebunch27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this stuff out at Bath and body works last night and it smells so good. It felt really good when I put it on, but my cuticles aren't even soft today. They are so hard and gross looking. The reason I gave it a 3 was because of the scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2002 9:02:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

Very nice and effective!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2002 5:13:00 PM More reviews by kthibo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Terrific product! Smells great. Only complaint is that it's hard to get the container tightly secured after the grease left on fingers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2002 1:25:00 PM More reviews by porkypine

Both my fiance (who bites his cuticles) and I use this religiously. It has a distinct lemony scent that I just love. It has a nice smooth consistency and the little tin is very easy to carry around. I really need this in the winter especially when everything gets so dry. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2002 1:02:00 AM More reviews by arvlyn

This cream works great if you massage it in well. The smell is a nice, very fresh, lemonade scent.

I had trouble getting the tin open at times but I just put a bit of the cream around the inside edge of the lid and now have no problems.

Edited to add...here it is...April 2009 and I'm still using and loving this product!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2002 6:49:00 AM More reviews by elaina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh, this stuff is lovely. It's addictive as well, because it smells so good I can't stop using it. Nice to keep beside the computer and absentmindedly rub it in while working or watching television. The tin is pure evil, but at least the product lasts a long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2002 9:03:00 PM More reviews by scarlet773

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Conditioned my cuticles well but once again Burt's Bees killed the product with the scent. Smells like dollar store disinfectant.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2002 12:36:00 AM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I originally wrote this review in 2002, and I gave it a 2 lipstick review: "This was okay. It didn't work as well as I had hoped."
Well, now in 2008, I realize the only thing that helps my cuticles is frequency. I retried this, and yes, it works lovely. But back when I originally wrote the review, I expected it to heal my cuticles for days. Now that I've tried many cuticle treatments in many different price ranges, I've realized that all of these products can work, I just was expecting to use them once a day and that would work. I wash my hands and use hand sanitizer way too much to expect this from a product. What I like about this product is that once it soaks in, it leaves no greasy residue.
2014 Edit: 12 years later, I've come to realize this is my favorite cuticle treatment. Not only does it moisturize and smooth my cuticles, gloss up my nails without being tacky, it also moisturizes and soothes those dry, flaky spots and soothes my knuckles when they get too gross and cracked from weather, yardwork, etc. There's a reason it has been around for years, and I hope it stays! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2002 10:33:00 AM More reviews by MeditativeRose

The scent of this product reminds me of lemon Fantastik, the cleaning product. Also, I find it a little too greasy for my tastes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2002 5:32:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first cuticle cream I've ever used and I'll never use another! It totally cured my torn and ripped cutilcles and the skin around my nails has never been softer or in better condition. I even recommend it to my friends.

UPDATE 11/2007: Still using this product faithfully after all these years, and my cuticles are saved every winter or whenever I overwash my hands (which is frequently since I love to cook and do arts and crafts). Also works well, like others have stated, as an emergency lipbalm and I have found it very soothing on small cuts. Love Burt's Bees.