August 20, 2014 | 1036 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Ammba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The first impression was disappointing. I was left with shiny T-zone and no matte effect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

BB Cream?....eh, no. Very good tinted moisturizer.....yes!

***EDIT 6/2/13***
So after trying a few different brands of BB Cream I still stand by my Maybelline and Smashbox BB Creams. I found that I could get away with the Med/Deep during the winter, but Dark is perfect now that I've gotten some sun. Yes, you do have to shake the tube before applying, but you don't need a ton to get a smooth look. I top it with Ben Nye powder and only have to blot a couple times during a hot, humid day.
***EDIT 6/2/13***

The color (dark) and consistency work very well for those days that you want a very natural, yet pulled-together look.

If you add concealer you will end up with a smoother result. This cream doesn't completely hide any dark spots or circles, but makes them look less prominent on the face.

A light dusting of powder over your slick spots is all you need to have a nice, lasting finish all day long (even in the heat and humidity!).

The price is very good, especially with sales and coupons. I've had no irritations or breakouts since I starting using this about 3 weeks ago.

So far, other than the very expensive Smashbox BB Cream, Maybelline is the only one who realizes that WOC are willing to shell out major money for the newest trend. Admirable job.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Mimiii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

With so much talk and hype about BB Creams, I've been wanting to try one for a while and saw this at my local Walgreens. It cost me about $10.00 and I use the shade Light. I have never tried a tinted moisturizer or a BB Cream, so I wouldn't exactly know what I would truly label it as. Actually, I love this product. I have combination, but very acne prone skin and it does not break me out what so ever,maybe because it says it's free of oils. It hardly offers any coverage, so if you have a lot to cover up, or prefer full coverage foundations, this is not for you. I love that it has spf 30 in it! I do apply another moisturizer before using this (in case you are wondering it's the Olay Beauty Fluid Moisturizer, witch is super light weight, doesn't make me oily and does an exelent job at moisturizing). This is great for daily use or for those lazy days where putting on foundation is just too much. I hardly use my Revlon ColorStay anymore because I like this so much. If there is anything I wish to cover, I will just go in with a concealor, and that's it. I do think it's a bit pricey; $10.00 for 1 fluid ounce and no good coverage? The main reason why I like this is because it is super light weight and has such a great spf! If you want something with sheer coverage for everyday use, I would suggest you try this! I only gave it four lippies because I wish it had just a bit more coverage and was a bit cheaper, but all in all, I do see myself repurchasing as soon as I run out!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

For those who are familiar with Asian BB creams, once again this American BB cream is hardly anything like the Asian BB creams despite Maybelline’s forage into Asian BB territory in the past (they have at least 3 Asian BBs). But to be fair, BB has a very broad definition now and Maybelline is simply tweaking its formula to meet the demands of a different demographic with Dream Fresh BB.

I tried this BB in Light/Medium, which wasn't quite a match because it has pink undertones (I have gold/neutral undertones) but once blended it dries sheer and the undertones aren’t noticeable. Dream Fresh BB performs much more like a tinted moisturizer, but it makes a surprisingly good tinted moisturizer for its lightweight feel and subtly dewy finish. The back of the Dream Fresh BB tube has a rubric to score by, so here is how I feel this BB performs based on its claims:

1. Blurs imperfections—it does even out minor imperfections/uneven skintone, but coverage is sheer so concealer or another foundation may need to be layered over more noticeable imperfections.
2. Enhances—what exactly it enhances, it doesn't specify.
3. Brightens—yes, given you get a close color match of the 5 offered to the American market (4 in the European market, I believe). I notice that these BBs have cool/pink undertones.
4. Adjusts to skin tone—coverage is very sheer, so technically, it blends into your natural skin tone, not adjusts. But it's otherwise natural-looking.
5. Smoothes—this in fact makes a pretty good primer for powder makeup.
6. Hydrates—yes, great for dry to normal skin. Okay for oily skin as long as you dust matte powder over it to set it and prevent too much oil coming through in a few hours, because this does not seem to have oil control properties.
7. SPF30 protects—probably not, because this only contains 1.15% titanium dioxide; a more substantial sunscreen should be worn underneath
8. 0% oils and other heavy ingredients—it does feel amazingly lightweight.

Based on its own rubric, this product scores 6/8 for me but may teeter at 4/8 or 5/8 for some people due to shade selection and specific skin needs (hydration, blemishes, uneven skin tone, coverage, etc.) As far as its claims, this BB cream succeeds as a lightweight tinted moisturizer but fails as a sunscreen. I use it primarily as a primer (it’s cheaper than most primers too, at $7 or $8) and moisturizer over an actual sunscreen to ensure sun protection, and add powder foundation for additional coverage I might need. Dream Fresh BB isn't enough of a multi-tasker to replace an existing skin care and foundation regimen like most Asian BBs intend to do, but it can still fit nicely into an existing one.

As for me personally, I will not be repurchasing this BB because my needs for coverage, sunscreen, and skin care are better met by other foundations and traditional Asian BBs at a relatively comparable price. Tinted moisturizers and BBs that perform like tinted moisturizers (most American BBs) just don't seem to work out for my combo-oily skin type.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by pharmdgirl11

I loved this product when I applied it - natural looking coverage, matte finish, what I was looking for. But after each use (I used it on 3 different occasions) I got a cystic acne pimple the next day. I contacted Maybelline, since they advertise it as "oil free" but they confirmed it is NOT non-comedogenic. Had to throw it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 7:17:00 AM More reviews by sarahheartsmakeup

I wanted to try out a BB cream after hearing all the great stuff.This is called a 8 in 1 beauty balm skin perfector. it says on the back that the 8 things are.

1. blurs imperfections -yes
2. Enhances- it does enhance my complexion
3. Brightens- a tiny bit not like a highlighter
4. Adjusts to skintone- YES (my face has a little red and this covers it)
5. Smoothes- YES (i do not use a primer ,,just this and its so light feeling)
6. Hydrates- i still use a moisturizer first but it is not drying
7. SPF 30 protects-GREAT
8 0% oils and other heavy ingredients -NO OIL FEELS VERY LIGHT

For the summer i love a foundation or tinted moisturizer that feels very light, looks natural and has coverage. It is hard to find all these things at the same time. The thing is not only do i think this product lived up to those things but it was cheap too. I read some reviews that mentions this item being very small. I was suprized because i think you get a very generous amount ESPECIALLY for what you pay $7 for 1.0oz. I got mine at Walgreens in Medium/Deep which i believe is the 3rd darkest out of 4 that were displayed in store. They were out of the shade lighter but i wanted to try it so i went with this shade. i am glad i did because it blends in perfect with my medium/fair skin tone. I will repurchase this again with all the positive things about it!
PROS:
-spf 30 titanium dioxide sunscreen
-packaging (fits well in my bag,i will be able to get all the product out, clean)
-i really feel the texture of my skin is smoother after application
-i also feel like my complexion has got more clear and even
-very light with light to medium coverage
-not drying! it does not highlight dryness, sink in my lines or feel cakey
-cheap
-great for summer

CONS:
-if you leave the lid off while you are applying its very milky/thin....it could leak out very easily
-if you are looking for full coverage this is not for you

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by SmartMagPA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If your flaws are minor and your skin is already fairly even a BB cream might be right for you. Keep in mind, BB creams don’t give heavy coverage so it’s not going to hide major skin imperfections.

If you already use a tinted moisturizer a BB cream also might be for you.

Read more of our review at http://www.yorkblog.com/smart/2012/07/25/maybelline-cosmetics-releases-their-version-of-bb-cream-dream-fresh-bb/

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by autumnrainbow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a decent tinted moisturizer. It is paraben free and has spf.. two thinks i look for in foundations. It is not an asian bb cream and does not offer that high level of coverage.. however for a light summer base it works great. Light coverage so i use it with concealer and powder. I got it on sale and with a coupon.. not sure i would pay full price but this tube will last since i dont use it everyday.. if i am going to work and want more coverage i use foundation or asian bb

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by Novemberbeetle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Although it is affordable, I won't purchase this BB cream again.
It was almost the worst BB cream experience for me because of the color: even though I applied just a very thin layer it made me look orange.

Plus is doesn't have any of the benefits Asian BB creams have - and the packaging -tube- was very messy.

PRO
- No breakouts
- Might work for people who have a pink skin tone (?)

CON
- Doesn't blend in very well
- Not moisturizing, skin dries out rather quickly
- Stays orange
- Cream just oozes out of the tube and creates a mess

A suggestion: always check the color under natural light!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by diamondustt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this...so very badly. But, I ended up returning it in the end. Many people give this great reviews but for me its a no go. The price is definitely right on this one and I wouldn't mind paying it as I usually spend MUCH more on my tinted moisturizers and BB creams. But as I say that, this is NOT A TRUE BB CREAM! Original BB creams from Asia are slightly more pigmented and contain ingredients to both sooth and protect skin and undo damage/get rid of marks or redness. After reading the ingredients on this, there is no ingredients in there that do anything other then slighting cover flaws and act as a moisturizer and a SPF. This is truly a tinted moisturizer and not a BB I believe but I digress. Back to the subject, as it did provide a nice natural amount of coverage (slightly higher then drugstore tinted moisturizers but on the same level with department store types), at first it gave me the perfect dewy finish. But with in the hour my face became a veritable oil slick. It was terrible, even with powder it slicked up in the same amount of time and even with powder reapplication it slicked up again with in 20 minutes and my skin isn't even other then my T-zone. I think this would work fantastic for dry skin types or normal skin without an oily T-zone but for me it was horrendous. Also the color did not play well with my tanned Asian skin (Medium deep is a very dark color but I would get away with using Medium) as it was to pink/cool based. This also transferred all over the place and creased terribly around my eyes (Although I am sure an eye primer would fix that) but I can see for other reasons why people would love it, unfortunately I am not one of them.