September 30, 2014 | 1172 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by amandanicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the colors, I like tan colors pigment. I was looking for this palette for awhile with the colors and this is it.
It is expensive for tiny pigments but its worth it and they give you a tiny shimmer to try as well. BONUS!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by tiff829

I really love this palette! I had some trouble with fallout at first, but I think it is the brush that is included that is the problem. I like to use the brush for blending, but I use my fingers or my e.l.f. shader brush to pack on color. This builds up color quicker, and I don't end up with glitter everywhere. The colors in the palette are beautiful and silky and last all day. I'm so glad I was finally able to grab this!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by awkwardandawakened

The Urban Decay Naked Palette has 12 shadows, and is priced at $48 in sephora in the US, $4 per shadow. I have a fair complexion, so anything past "naked", I cant use all over the lid. I do appreciate the pigmentation that the colors have, though. I do have to say, the shadows are quite tiny and not all are wearable, such as "creep" and "gunmetal". Beside those two little cons, this palette is 100% amazing. I wouldn't re-purchase the palette again because there's no way I could use all of the eyeshadows in my first one, let alone my second! for my wallet's sake, I would only re-purchase my favorite shades in single form...such as "sin" and "toasted". But if I were to go back in time and have the choice to not purchase my original one, I would still buy it, thats why i chose to say i'd buy it again. LOVE. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by therightamt

This was my first palette from UD and it's the one I always reach for. I really like that I can use this for my day to day work look as well as glam up with it for a night out. The colors are very pigmented and a little bit goes a long way so I think the price is worth it in the long run. The only downfall I had with this was the long wait and back-orders I had to wait through to get it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 7:06:00 AM More reviews by JellyBabiee

I LOVE this product.

I was rather late to jump on the band wagon, getting it months and months after it first came out. So then when i cm across it while watching some beauty gurus on youtube I immediatley thought "I HAVE GOT TO TRY THAT". I am sooooo happy that i did! It is a gorgeous palette, well worth the price and i would recommend it to anyone! :D

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I managed to get my hands on this palette when it was sold out everywhere so I am reviewing the original version with double ended 24/7 pensil and mini primer in it. Well, in my opinion it doesn't live up to all hype around it. I only find 2-3 wearable colors in this palette. the others (especially white and darks) I will never use. The shimmer doesn't bother me that much, but I was expecting more wearable browns for everyday "naked" look. The quality is also poor compared to MAC shadows. And because I have lots of MAC neutrals that I adore, I don't find myself reaching for Naked palette very often. What a waster of money!

7 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by kiwisqurt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like my Naked palette. I know that some people don't think that it works for cool skin tones but it doesn't bother me. I really like that there's a range of colours and they're not all totally neutral. I also like that it's less matte because I'm not a huge fan of matte e/s. I really like the brush and I think it's great quality. You can use it for more than one colour because the colour sticks to one side if you pat it on that way. The fallout from a couple of the shadows is a bit of a pain, but if you do your eyes first and then brush the fallout off it shouldn't be a problem.

A note on the packaging. Some people have mentioned that they don't like the velvet. I can see why it would be a dust catcher but I keep mine in a plastic box so it doesn't catch dust or in a drawer and I kept it in it's original plastic packaging for the first two months because I loved the palette so much!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by xyz07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

There's a reason why this is so popular, UD has an awesome eyeshadow formulation and neutral/nude/naked colors are much more easier to wear. There really isn't anything else left to say about it! I am able to do a look that is work appropriate and then able to morph it into something more dramatic just with this one palette. I do think that it might be a little too warm for the cooler toned gals though. I don't like the brush that it came with, well at least for eye makeup. I think it is better for packing on color than blending. I actually use it for applying concealer so it wasn't a total waste. Sidecar does have some fallout but I dust that off with a fan brush. I actually like that the depth of that shade, it gives nice shadows in the crease area (if that makes sense!).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Without being too dramatic, this was one of the most disappointing items of makeup I've ever bought. I had really, really high hopes for it, as I love Urban Decay eyeliners and had heard amazing things about their shadows and this palette. It had sold out everywhere in the UK, but one of the department stores finally got the new palette with the brush and mini Primer Potion in stock, so I bought it, for 32. I know this review might not be popular, but you have to understand that I consider myself a fan of Urban Decay, which made it even worse for me! Below I've given a description of the shades, and how they looked on me (for reference, NC40-42, yellow neutral toned, very dark brown eyes).

Virgin - matte very light peach/white - on me shows up as a bright unflattering white
Sin - light shimmery pink - on me shows up as a shimmery off-white, not great on me, but usable
Naked - matte very light brown/putty - disappears into my skin and does nothing for me
Sidecar - shimmery light taupe with massive flecks of glitter - is far too glittery on me, if it didn't have the glitter I might like it
Buck - matte light/medium brown - disappears into my skin and does nothing for me
Half Baked - shimmery bright gold copper - on me shows up as a very warm gold with hints of orange. It looks OK but I'm not that fond of bright gold shadows or orange-toned shades
Smog - shimmery medium bronze - on me it shows up as a medium brown bronze. It looks great on me and I love it
Darkhorse - shimmery medium/dark green bronze - I thought I would love this but it looks horrendous on me, it makes me look ill and makes my skin look green
(and it's funny how this looks brown to some people, but to me it looks green bronze - our perception of colour really is affected by how colours look on us!)
Toasted - shimmery medium pink/mauve with brown tones - makes me look like I've been crying or I have hayfever.
Hustle - matte medium/dark purple brown - makes me look tired, and the quality is not good - it's quite chalky
Creep - shimmery black - too dark and glittery, I will never have a use for this
Gunmetal - shimmery steel with glitter - far too glittery, it has massive chunks of silver glitter. I would have liked it otherwise

So, to summarise, there's only one shade that I love - just one! And you can buy it as a single anyway. The brush is pretty rubbish as it doesn't pick up much shadow. The mini Primer Potion is nice, but I already had a full-size one.

I would have liked to have seen fewer shades (OK, make that 'no shades') with obvious chunks of silver glitter. I would have liked more brown tones. Where are the gorgeous rich true browns? There's not one! And browns suit everyone! Also, some warm-toned/golden highlight shades would have been nice. The actual quality of the shimmer eyeshadows is fantastic - really long-lasting and vibrant. I'm going to check out some more shadows from the singles line (like Blunt, Baked and Flash), and I will definitely buy Smog as a single. As it stands, I'm either going to put the palette up for swap, or give it to a friend.

11 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by songforafriend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I won't lie. I bought this based purely on hype. I just had to know if it lived up to it. And you know what? It didn't. It exceeded them. I could spend the rest of my life with just this palette of eyeshadows and live a happy, fulfilling life (at least in terms of eyeshadow usage). Wonderful, amazing, worth every penny and then some. Everything you dream of in a palette: beautiful (and most importantly) workable colours, amazing pigmentation and fantastic longevity. If you only buy one palette in your life, this is the one to invest in.