July 25, 2014 | 1684 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by afinem3ss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go to eye shadow palette even though I bought it on impulse. I've only had it for a short time but I'm already making plans to buy a second palette since I won't be in the country for a while.

The colors are rich, pigmented and just beautiful. I think my favorites are: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Buck, Half Baked, Smog & Hustle. I especially like Smog and would purchase it individually if it were available (not sure if it is).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This was my first introduction to UD eyeshadows. I can't add anything more except that the pigment is some of the best I've seen, (MAC is overhyped), and the colours are all wearable. I use this every day and will purchase the most frequently used ones when I hit pan, (naked, buck, sin, and smog are my faves). BTW, this was a gift from my sweet sister who knew I was pining for this since it came out but couldn't find it anywhere. She got it at Shopper's (in Canana only). Quel surprise.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

One of the best investments you can make with make up. Because of this palette I don't really need to buy so many other neutral shades. My favorite ones are Hustle and Toasted. The colors are gorgeous. I like the shimmery shades a lot better than the matte ones and I'm glad they made more of the former than the latter. It works best if you use the primer potion under it as it stays on throughout the day and doesn't crease.

Urban Decay is quickly becoming one of my favorite brands of make up thanks to this and the primer potion.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by pkcatalina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I finally broke down and decided to get this. I love palettes, they're are so handy and the shade intensity of UD always wins. You've seen the pictures and swatches... I think there are many shades which brunettes will love. Great bargain considering all the shadows in the palette, plus a brush and small sized primer.
IMO, this is a fantastic palette ... wonderful array of shades, so if you are on the fence...just do yourself a favor and get it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by candied

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this palette during the tail end of the first craze, when they were still accompanied by the double ended 24/7 pencil (not the brush). I just thought I'd add my 2 cents to the reviews -- the only eyeshadow I find unusable in this palette is Sidecar, due to the glitter and fall-out. I've used it once and glitter ended up all over my face for the entire day. How it spreads that far I will never know.

This palette is a terrific deal - 12 full-sized shadows, decent eyeliners (or e/s brush), and a mini UDPP. The eyeshadows (with the exception of Sidecar, since glitter really isn't my thing) are great -- pigmented, buttery, and long-lasting. Unfortunately for me, I knew that 24/7s don't really last that long on me, and UDPP tends to dry my lids out (or it could be an allergic reaction?). At any rate, even knowing this, I still find that the palette is a great deal for the eyeshadows alone. It is a must-have? I think this depends on what your stash currently contains. I am warm complected, love neutrals, my stash had slim pickins as far as neutrals, so for me the answer was YES. At this point in time, there are various other neutral palettes out there ranging from Wet n' Wild, NYX, Too Faced, etc. so there are plenty of choices. Personally, I am quite satisfied with my purchase and love having a palette of great stand-by neutrals together for quick access.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Iphy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have tracked the Naked Palette for a while, only passively, in admiration for those who can shell out $50 for eye shadow (or get gouged, eek), and never expected my makeup addiction to land me glazed over in an Ulta, actually about to buy it. Well I bought it.

I'm so on the fence about this product, sadly. The package still gives me a jolt of excitement, but the product isn't what I expected. The brush I was given is pathetic. Stiff, fake, cheap...is it an eye shadow brush like it says on the handle, or a liner brush? EDIT: I have used this to pack on color, it's ok, but still strangely crunchy for a high end brush. I may condition this to soften. I loathe the UDPP, it's completely pointless to me. I stick with NYX milk as a base, skip primer.

Ok. Those minor things aside: the shadows. There are some goodies and some problem shadows in there. I will be concise.

FALLOUT (even with a base and tapping my brush on my forearm, these shadows fall on my cheekbones. I still use them, but it's a bummer such an expensive palette does this):
Darkhorse (buttery)
Creep (fairly smooth for glitter)
Hustle (buttery)
Gunmetal (fairly smooth for glitter)
GLITTERBOMBS:
Sidecar (a total mess, but smooth)
Creep
Gunmetal
GOOD ONES:
Naked (matte, only slightly chalky)
Half Baked (metallic, smooth)
Sin (frosty, buttery)
Buck (matte, only slightly chalky)
Smog (metallic, smooth)
Toasted (metallic, smooth)
Virgin (frosty, buttery)

They all blend well, even the glitterbombs. They do last. I would not buy this again, you can find nice neutrals cheaper and individually. I do like the portability of this, as I travel.
EDIT 8/31/11: I have fixed up my review a bit, hope it helps better. I must say, this palette is not perfect, but it's so fun. It really makes putting on makeup an enjoyable experience, it makes me creatives, and I look forward to trying out new things.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by caz5000

Amazing selection of neutral colours. But pricey but worth it for the quality of these.

I would buy it again and again

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 7:20:00 AM More reviews by ameresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In my opinion, this is the best neutral palette on the market. At first glance it's pricey, but you get 12 eyeshadow colors that are extemely high quality, and it will last you a long time. I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 7:02:00 AM More reviews by MyWonderland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This palette is amazing. Although I do have some things that I would change about it, it gets a five because for the price and the quality it's just plain awesome. I'm so happy I bought it, and the colors go great combined or just by themselves. Probably, I'd take Gunmetal off of it because IMO it doesn't do for a great 'Naked' colour, I'd put a dark chocolate matte brown instead. Now, the colours:

Virgin - It's a good highlight color, although I would have enjoyed it to be slightly lighter. It's a very shimmery light beige. What's good about it is that, because it is not completely white, it can work by itself on the lid.

Sin - An Urban Decay classic. More pink than virgin, it's a champagne color, very shimmery and my favorite from the palette along with Toasted, and they look so great together. It's a good highlighter for cheeks too.

Naked - Basic beige. Matte. It's like my skin color, so I don't use it much except to blend in other colors.

Sidecar - This is not my favorite, at all. Just really really really glittery. It's okay though, but don't use too much of it.

Buck - The other color I don't enjoy that much. Wish it was darker but it's good for the crease. It's better than I thought at first sight.

Half Baked - Beautiful and extremelly pigmented gold color. Good combined with Smog.

Smog - One of the best colors there are in the palette. A darker, beautiful metallic.

Darkhorse - A dark shimmery brown with a twist.

Toasted - My favorite, beautiful rosey-brown.

Hustle - A dark dark taupe-purple colour, amazing for outer-V.

Creep - Your average very shimmery black with glitter.

Gunmetal - Dark grey which has some blue undertones, but it is definitely a grey. In my opinion, shouldn't be in the palette but I like it.

Best colors - Sin, Toasted, Smog.
Worse colors - Naked, Sidecar, Buck.

Overall, it's a very very good palette and very versatile.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by elliechoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this palette! I use it every day, if I want to create a soft natural look, I can, and if I want to create a dramatic look i can. The palette is slim so it's perfect for storing and travelling. The only thing that I can think of that I don't like is the fact that the packaging picks up dust and fallout from shadows, but I would definitely repurchase!