November 24, 2014 | 1984 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2005 10:43:00 PM More reviews by jenaphile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If this cream were packaged in a glass container and said Frederic Fekkai on it, people would pay $65 a jar. This cream is rich, luxurious and sinks in quickly. Unlike TBS Body Butters, which I thought I loved, this cream isn't at all greasy. Even though Kiehls Creme de Corps is my absolute (way too expensive) favorite, I could not love this cream more. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2005 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Desz4817

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this cream for years... it's wonderful!

2008 update: What can I say... I've been using this product "forever". I absolutely love the texture and the soothing qualities of this product. I mostly use it as a body cream... but, have used it on my face (with absolutely no irritation).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2005 8:27:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Both the cream and the lotion are my HG items--they are excellent because they are non-irritating and can be used on any part of the face or body! Because there is no scent, they make great bases for fragrance. For example--I created my own version of the wonderful but expensive Kiehl's deluxe vanilla body lotion by mixing 15 drops Kiehl's vanilla essence oil(expensive but a little goes a long way--very concentrated so it's well worth it)with a separate empty bottle ($2 pretty, clear yellow little bottle from CVS) of transferred Cetaphil lotion--it's absolutely terrific! The scent lasts an extremely long time and of course the lotion is the greatest, so it's the best of both worlds! Cetaphil is the greatest and I've been using it for a long time and will continue to do so. I suppose one could even make the special body lotion mixture with their favourite perfume! Going to try that next....:-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2005 1:34:00 AM More reviews by WestEndGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, I'm impressed. This moisterizer goes on so smooth and makes my skin beatiful. It makes my makeup go on smooth as well. It's simple, which I like. None of crazy ingredients to irritate the skin. This is going to last me FOREVER! The tub is huge!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2005 10:19:00 AM More reviews by SunriseSunset

Something in this cream caused by skin to burn like crazy. That's okay, because I've found a holy grail in Cetaphil's moisturizing lotion. If you're having the same problem I had, try switching over. I did, and now I am loving my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2005 6:23:00 AM More reviews by sarahtsaraht

I like this cream strictly as a rehydrator for drier skin. It really works. If you're looking for a cream that has a lot of "bells and whistles" - this isn't it. It's simply for moisture only - and it really, really works.
*****************update 2/13
Still think this is a good basic moisturizer, but let it sink in to your skin as much as possible before applying sunscreen/makeup. It seems to stay on top of my skin! Don't like that...
Update 7/8
Occlusive moisturizers like this are not the best underneath sunscreen dues to their barrier action. They keep the sunscreen from being absorbed in to the skin, which is essential to getting protection. I use this only at night now.
++++++++++ I have combo skin, mid thirties, tend to get dry spots

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2005 8:24:00 PM More reviews by tournesol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Move over, TBS Unfragranced Body Cream, Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is my new HG unscented body cream. This stuff is thick, as thick as Noxzema (but without the little grains, of course). It does a fabulous job of moisturizing dry skin and makes an excellent after-shave treatment for your legs and, er, wherever else you shave. I was surprised to find that it doesn't leave my skin greasy, either. I wouldn't touch it to my face because I have oily skin, so no comment there. The fact that it's completely unscented is a major plus for those of us who love our perfumes and don't want anything clashing with them. And it's so moisturizing that it even helps my perfume last a little longer on my skin. At about $10 for a large jar it's priced similarly to lower-end boutique creams, but it's much easier to find. I will never be without a jar of Cetaphil for my skin and Aquaphor for my lips. Thanks, mintara, for turning me on to both! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2005 9:29:00 AM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

Well I really wnted to like this but it didnt work for me as a facial moisturizer as it gave me lovely cystolic zits on my cheeks and clogged my nose up. It does however work great as an eye cream so that is what it is now. In fact as an eye cream it has made the skin softer and the fine lines less noticable so I have a 3.3 oz tube that will last forever! Cetaphil products also do not have an exp. date since they are shelf stable (except for the spf lotion) so I can use this prolly for over a year just on my eyes!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2005 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Query

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This cream made my skin burn after about a week. It also made my skin a little orangey. I think it may be very acidic. Finally, it made my skin break out in little whiteheads. Using this on my face was a disaster! It worked pretty well as a hand and foot cream at night, but it's pretty greasy. I also hate tubs of cream and the squeeze tubes were not a great value.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2005 7:56:00 AM More reviews by bluegirl777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG face cream! I could not live without it. I have tried other face creams, but none have compared. My skin is sensitive and dry and this sinks into my skin leaving it smooth and soft. This has never made my face break out and a little bit goes a long way!