October 20, 2014 | 872 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2005 8:24:00 PM More reviews by tournesol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Move over, TBS Unfragranced Body Cream, Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is my new HG unscented body cream. This stuff is thick, as thick as Noxzema (but without the little grains, of course). It does a fabulous job of moisturizing dry skin and makes an excellent after-shave treatment for your legs and, er, wherever else you shave. I was surprised to find that it doesn't leave my skin greasy, either. I wouldn't touch it to my face because I have oily skin, so no comment there. The fact that it's completely unscented is a major plus for those of us who love our perfumes and don't want anything clashing with them. And it's so moisturizing that it even helps my perfume last a little longer on my skin. At about $10 for a large jar it's priced similarly to lower-end boutique creams, but it's much easier to find. I will never be without a jar of Cetaphil for my skin and Aquaphor for my lips. Thanks, mintara, for turning me on to both! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2005 9:29:00 AM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

Well I really wnted to like this but it didnt work for me as a facial moisturizer as it gave me lovely cystolic zits on my cheeks and clogged my nose up. It does however work great as an eye cream so that is what it is now. In fact as an eye cream it has made the skin softer and the fine lines less noticable so I have a 3.3 oz tube that will last forever! Cetaphil products also do not have an exp. date since they are shelf stable (except for the spf lotion) so I can use this prolly for over a year just on my eyes!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2005 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Query

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This cream made my skin burn after about a week. It also made my skin a little orangey. I think it may be very acidic. Finally, it made my skin break out in little whiteheads. Using this on my face was a disaster! It worked pretty well as a hand and foot cream at night, but it's pretty greasy. I also hate tubs of cream and the squeeze tubes were not a great value.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2005 7:56:00 AM More reviews by bluegirl777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG face cream! I could not live without it. I have tried other face creams, but none have compared. My skin is sensitive and dry and this sinks into my skin leaving it smooth and soft. This has never made my face break out and a little bit goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2005 7:31:00 PM More reviews by bunny207

I love this! I juse this mainly as a body cream but sometimes I use it on my face when my face is extra dry (during the winter). It is fragrance free and not too greasy. Unlike many drugstore moisturizers, this doesn't just sit on top of the skin but feels like it is absorbing. Another plus is that this is super cheap- you can get it at any drugstore. My skin is super soft after I use this. I have normal skin that is not prone to breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2005 11:55:00 AM More reviews by SkinCareGuy82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would buy this again. NOT for my face, but for my elbows. It was way too thick for my face and actually irritated it a bit. But worked well for my dry elbows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2004 11:19:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Cetaphil cream in ths tub (and tube)is my HG product! No scent, reasonable price and non irritating. I've bought many and will continue to do so. Wonderful for face and body!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2004 12:51:00 AM More reviews by NurseKristen

I use this when I'm in a hurry and don't wanna go through with my expensive regime- This stuff is highly moisturizing (which I desperately need- VERY dry skin) and it soaks right in without ever being greasy. Just soft, hydrated skin. This stuff is the cheapest facial moistirizer I've ever used but it really is GREAT!! Will always keep on hand!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2004 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Mishkyn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fabulous value, marvelous cream, best product for eyes, too. This product is rich, non-greasy, totally non-acnegenic (I am miserably break-out prone), and it allows makeup to glide on yet fully absorb.

16 ounces of Cetaphil will cost $10-16, best value for a dreamily rich cream that lasts forever. Can be used everywhere at this price. I put it in a smaller container to keep the main supply clean and fresh.

My skin breaks out from any product that is not totally non-comedogenic/non-acnegenic, and this lives up to its label. You must wait a bit for it to be absorbed before applying makeup--or just use less.

I used it all over the eye area too and it is so much better than any of the $65 for .4 ounce creams out there.

Anyone who broke out may have bought a cream not labeled "non-acnegenic", because I gob this on and never broke out in the slightest. Best value you will ever find. I cannot say enough good things about it. No fragrance I can detect, either.

Such a great product and value it is beyond belief. Perfection

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2004 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Sugar31707

This product works great in the winter time. It did break me out in the beginnig with tiny red bumps but I've been using a BP gel now before applying it and no more breakouts. I use it around my eyes and mouth mostly. But it works great all over my face. It does feel kinda greasy at first, but after a couple minutes you dont even notice it. If you buy it in a tube, it's more sanitary, but you cant get it all out. If you buy the tub, it can get contaminated but you get more and you can get all of it out. I've already run out of the tube and just bought the tub and will rebuy when that runs out.This works great on dry flaky winter skin. I smoothe it on and go to sleep and then in the morning, my face is very moisturized and the flakies come right off.