NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 9/7/2010 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have both sheer matte and glow because I love it so much!. Im in shade Deauville. OMG! ok let me tell you I have really bad acne on my chin area and with this foundation covers A LOT of it. Sometimes I dont even have to use my MAC select cover up concealer. It is greaaaat with the NARS powder. It last thru the whole day and its OIL FREE! which is great for acne skin like me. Goodbye MAC Helllo NARS!!

on 9/4/2010 1:29:00 AM

Great foundation! Its what Ive been looking for...A nice finish, great coverage, no caking. Awesome when applied with a stippling brush, thats the secret! Sigma F80 is great for this. Pump would be awesome, most foundations dont come with a pump though, and on can actually be purchased seperately for this bottle. Worth the money! NC 15/20= Fiji.

on 9/3/2010 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Im not too keen on this foundation but I am really trying hard to use it often and see whether my opinion changes...but no...it has not and I regret to say that I am not really a Nars Sheer Glow fan...actually tbh, im not a NARS makeup fan fullstop (***ducks and hides***).

This foundation has an amazing texture, feel and look to the skin but after a while, the foundation really starts to cake on my t-zone. I have a normal-oily t-zone but this foundation starts to look really patchy and makes my skin look really dry to the point where if someone were to look close to my face, they would think woahhhhh! lol

I have tried to use a stipling brush and a flat foundation brush and the foundation still cakes after about 4 hours. Am going to give it one last chance and use my fingers to pat it in and blend. If it works...greatttt and if it does not...o well...i gave it a go :)

Foundations normally last me about a year anyways but I will not be repurchasing this one. Also I don't like the fact that it does not have a pump so you risk spillages! Looks like i'll be sticking to my Clinique Superfit Foundation!

on 9/3/2010 3:43:00 PM

I love this foundation. I am a nc30 and mix Nars Punjab and Fiji, because Punjab is slightly too dark and orangey on me. It has decent staying power and gives a nice dewy glow. A little goes a long way, so watch out with how much you apply otherwise it can get cakey. I have acne scars and this covers them beautifully. Coverage can be build up.

Handy tip for people that hate the fact it comes without a pump:
I was getting really annoyed by the packaging and the amount of product I wasted, so I tried to fit the pump of my empty Make Up For Ever HD Foundation bottle on the Nars Sheer Glow bottle and it's a perfect fit! I only had to cut the small tube to match the length of the Nars bottle.

on 8/31/2010 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

great foundation. i really wish it came with a pump though. i just dab a bit on my face and then blend it in with a brush. i like how you can control the coverage and how much product you use.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I don't understand why so many people hate this, i love this foundation so much and i love how you can build it up to hide blemishes. I use the incredible powder brush from ELF, and stipple it on everywhere and i get such a perfect glow to my face it makes be look beautiful when i look in the mirror and i hate having to set it because it takes away my wonderful dewy look but i have oily skin so have to set with powder, and for those of you who have scars or blemishes try to add some extra over your first layer and let it sit for a couple seconds to let it dry up a bit then use your brush and stipple it on a bit more itll do the trick!! I just love this foundation so much, its sad people dont see what i see :(.

on 8/30/2010 2:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

After reading great reviews on here, I decided to go with the Sheer Glow rather than the Matt Sheer Glow one (I have quite oily skin). When I first bought this, I used the Murad Mattifier with it and it seemed to look really great at first. However, after less than an hour my face looks very shiny (even with a mattifier), so that is the reason I gave it a 3.

I think the coverage is medium and it does look beautiful on people with normal to dry skin, but NOT on combination or oily. I wish my skin could cope with this product, as it feels great on and has a nice finish, but guess I am still looking for my HG!

on 8/26/2010 4:23:00 PM

This is a really, really good foundation. It applies like a dream and provides moderate coverage. It does tend to cake up at the end of the day which is why I rate this 4 lippies only. I hate that it doesn't come with a pump. I paid $11 for a pump from nars website ($6+shipping) and it works. BUT the original black cap would NOT close once the pump was screwed in. So my foundation bottle looks like an open bottle on my vanity. And because of that, i cannot carry this with me when I travel. I so so wish that the original black cap will fit over the pump. It will look soo sleek on my vanity! Oh well :( The shade "Santa Fe" is the closest match to Revlon PhotoReady in "004" which is NC25-30.

on 8/26/2010 4:26:00 AM

First off, i've tried many foundations from Clarins to Clinique to Dior and this has been my favorite by far! It gives a flawless look if you use a stippling brush, gives a natural finish, and has decent lasting power. My skin is oily and so at the end of the day it can look a bit shiny just around my nose area, and thats only when i use no powder to set it. My only complaint is the packaging, there is no pump, unless you buy one and this foundation is expensive enough as is, without having to purchase your own pump for it. At times i find that it just spills out so i don't like not having that control.
Would i re purchase? YES.

on 8/24/2010 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Really wanted to like this but it was an epic fail for me. There is no way this can work for flakey dry skin. It just highlights even little sahara-prone section on my face and only seemed to stay on 2-3 hours even with multiple different attempts at primers, moisturisers and bases in general. I got this in siberia, which is a little too dark and yellow but it does help even out my redness and can be corrected with a good does of powder.

The coverage itself was pretty good, obviously isn't going to cover any hardcore intense cystic pimples or acne.

The glass bottle is pretty but I don't see why it can't come with a pump attached. The price too is a little high but I wouldn't mind so much if it actually worked.

Will keep trying this and will update if it pulls through for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials