NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Skin type: Mac NW45, sensitive, oily but dehydrated, susceptible to mild breakouts.

Price: Expensive. But thats to be expected of any Nars product. I believe that the quality justifies it. Plus, if I wanted cheaper products I would steer clear of their counter, lol.

Packaging: I forgot to get a pump but I was offered one. Pouring the fluid foundation into your palm may prove a tad inconvenient; I am not savvy enough to pour the right amount out :. I encourage you to get the pump. I love the square glass packaging. It isn't too heavy and because the bottle is relatively small it doesn't irk me when I travel. Overall chic packaging (but please get a pump).

The Product: Perfection. I love the smooth fluid texture which is easy to blend and dries very quickly to a lovely glowy (but not greasy) finish. Perfect even for oily girls. Does not result in a midday slick, most importantly the t-zone remains glowy not greasy all day. I have had no breakout as a result of using this foundation. Not heavy :. is great to use during the daytime but can be layered in the evening.

Overall: HG status awarded. I use New Guinea FYI and would highly recommend this to those who find Mac NW45 a little to yellow for them. The colour is skin-true and exceeded all my expectations of what a foundation can do for my overall look.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Can someone help me out? I got a sample of this in Fiji (those ones that come in those tiny sample packets) so I tried it out on my face. it looked TERRIBLE... not at ALL what i was expecting after watching so many reviews on youtube and on here. it looks extremely dry and patchy and accentuates the tiny invisible hair on my face if you know what i mean. I've tried moisturizing my face, mixing it with moisturizer, applied with fingers, applied with 188. aaah I really wanted to love this foundation, do you think maybe the sample packs are of lower quality than the full size? The color is definitely way too light for me but I figured i'd still be able to see how it applies on my skin anyway, and it really doesn't look good at all... what do you guys think? please help!

on 8/6/2010 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Yea, i dont know what all the hype is either for this product. I guess because its so expensive, people have convinced themselves to love it. But the coverage is very light, almost like a tinted moisturizer. Its also buildable but for $42, i expect better/more coverage. I just didnt have a good experience with it. It enhanced my dry/flaky blemishes on my face. The pros are that it looks very natural and flawless. Overall, if your looking for a natural, flawless, light to medium coverage, go for it. And the color/shade selection are awesome. But if you need more coverage, this foundation probably wont do anything for you.

on 8/5/2010 11:59:00 PM

I don't get what the hype is about this foundation. it was very average to me. It did not look particularly natural on - it looked like I was wearing foundation, a bit mask like. it looked a bit dry on spots of my face too. Color selection is also not great - I thought they didn't make a color to match me when I tested it at Sephora because Siberia was way too light but Deauville and Fiji way too dark. Then in Nordstrom they had 2 colors they didn't have in Sephora - Gobi and Mount Blanc which matched me pretty well...but not perfectly.
Overall I was disappointed. Bobbi Brown natural finish foundation, MUFE HD, and Diorskin look MUCH more natural and flawless on, and also don't show any dry spots on my face.

i love how this goes on very lightly, and if you just dip a q-tip inside you can smooth it onto your skin like a tinted moisturizer almost. i just love that it evens out my skin, gives it a nice glow, doesn't make me oily, and looks natural.

i find that when i use any short of foundation brush it looks heavy and a bit cakey, however when i stick to using my fingers it makes my skin BEAUTIFUL

im a happy camper :)
ive ran around the bend trying out numerous amounts of foundations and haven't really been happy with anything else.

I recently ran out of my Stila Illuminating foundation in 50 Watts and liked the fact it was sheer, but was not overly impressed by it, and it did absolutely nothing to control oil. I tried the Chanel Teint Innocence yesterday and I wanted to immediately scrape it off! It settled into my pores and it had giant flecks of gold which only emphasized them even more. My skin tends to be combo-oily (my t-zone, nose, and chin get fairly oily throughout the day)

Ideally, there are 4 things I am looking for in a foundation. #1: sheer to medium coverage. (I have pretty good skin, with an occasional breakout, but nothing concealer can't cover) and I have quite a few freckles. I want a foundation that can even everything out without looking cakey or fake.
#2. Something that doesn't exaggerate my already fairly large pores.
#3: A foundation that is long wearing that doesn't leave me blotting my face every few hours.
#4: Something that looks natural and doesn't feel heavy on the skin.

I had heard positive things about the MUFE Mat Velvet Plus+ and decided to try it out. I was matched as a color 35 but after a few hours, it oxidized and looked much darker on my skin. It was also VERY matte and I wasn't a huge fan.

In my quest for the perfect foundation, I went to Sephora & Macy's yesterday and got samples of the Nars Sheer Glow, Dior Skin Nude Natural Glow, and Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. The NARS sheer glow was the first one I used and I am BLOWN AWAY!! This stuff really is amazing. The coverage is great, while still being light. Now I can not testify as to it's staying power yet because I have only had it on for a few hours but I LOVE the way it feels and looks. It is not too matte or dewy, but more of a satin finish. Makes my skin look flawless and very soft! I see no shine break-through and I am thoroughly impressed.

The SA at Sephora told me only to use my fingers as well, and I have no qualms doing so considering it was so easy to apply and blend. (The consistency is absolutely great, btw I was matched in "Santa Fe") I applied NARS Balancing moisturizer first, followed by the Mary Kay Oil Mattifer, followed with Dr. Brandts "Pores No More" Primer, finished with the Sheer Glow Foundation. I set it with NARS Loose Powder (amazing stuff by the way) Pressed the power into my face and buffed with my Shu Eumura Powder Brush and Voila! Amazing! Highly recommend!

on 8/5/2010 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The best liquid foundation I have tried:)

I dont get black heads or pimples of foundation, but this gave me a HUGE breakout:( Its so sad becasue is the best foundation I have wear that is liquid. you only need a tiny bit to cover up, it last all day and it looks really that you dont have any makeup on at all

I have never used a foundation that I got a breakout from...
try this if you have really good skin:)

on 8/5/2010 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

the highlight of this foundation is the fact that a little goes a long way. you don't need to slap on a lot. it feels light weight, yet it covers fairly well. i'd say it's a medium coverage, but you can build on. i have the shade punjab, which is a bit too yellow for me, but all the other shades didn't necessarily work for me either. this foundation is easily to work with. it's not as thick as revlon colorstay. it gives you a satin finish and it doesn't take away the natural dimensions in your face. there's no scent at all.

on 8/4/2010 10:27:00 PM

by far the best foundation i have ever tried, this never fails to make my skin look flawless but still natural!
the finish is absolutely beautiful and it blends effortlessly, i find it easier to apply with my fingers but buffer brushes do the job too!!
because it is so expensive i save it for special occasions and nights out, it is long lasting! the only complaint i have for this product is the lack of a pump which ive read was duo to the skin treatment ingredients in it that require you to shake the foundation before u apply, so they felt the screw top was ideal..... mistake!
holy grail!!!!!!!!!

on 8/4/2010 4:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation!!!!! This is the best foundation ever for me. It last all day and I love the finish. The coverage is really buildable. I've tried so many high end foundation even more expensive than this one, but none of them can compare to the NARS sheer glow. I think if you have dry skin, you should try this out.

Video Reviews & Tutorials