April 17, 2014 | 1015 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 3:26:00 AM More reviews by meshedesigns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love liquid foundation with that said this is a winner in my book...there are a few things that do bother me but overall a great buy.

great coverage, no mask like effect, natural,very liquidy, lightweight, non greasy, shows natural skin through makeup, improves skin tone with continued use, great for any skin type(in my opionon)

color selection sucks, very yellow undertones most shades, must work quickly, no pump, a little pricey (but worth it), a little drying(gear toward dry to normal but prob works for oily)

Overall worth the price tag achieves a great natural makeup finish. Finally a foundation worth repurchasing

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by tarynnichelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ok so i was skeptical at first. I have always used bare escentuals and love how it didnt sink into my pores like liquid foundation. I went to NOrdstrom and asked to get matched for NARS sheer glow because i have seen nothing but good things about this foundation. He matched me to Barcelona. AS soon as he put it on my face i couldn't feel a thing. IT IS SO LIGHT! When i first discovered makeup i looked like an oompa loompa. the more foundation the better! i realized less is more and this does it. It gives you a flawless, smooth finish. It is a little MATTE but i just added luminizer on my cheekbones and nose(anywhere else desired) after i moisturized, than put my foundation on. I like this better than my minerals because it feels moisturizing and gives a clean look. The directions say to use your hands but that's just not for me. Instead i put a dab on the back of my hand and let it sit there for about 30 seconds and then use my brush to put it on. The reason i gave it a 4 because it doesn't have a pump, so it CAN get messy. It is a little pricey, but i love it. BUT!!, If anyone finds a dupe, I am open to try it! I heard neutrogena has a good one? Tomorrow I am making a trip to sephora to get the NARS casino bronzer, Mountain Powder, And super orgasm blush. I love color and always have been a MAC FAN, but I am reformed and addicted to NARS!:) I have fallen in love with all their products.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 4:36:00 AM More reviews by bubblewarped

I really like this foundation, I even considered it my HG for a while. At $40 a pop, it's definitely on the expensive side but quality and well worth the money. The product is silky in consistency, spreads and blends beautifully (I use a 187 stippling brush) and has a porcelain-smooth finish that's not too dewy or greasy like a lot of liquid foundations. Sometimes I don't even use powder over it, as it kind of settles and "mattifies" on your skin. The coverage is about medium, but buildable, and the bottle will last you long, long time; I've had mine for months. I'm particularly impressed by the color match -- I've always had trouble finding yellow-based foundations that weren't too orange or peach on my very yellow-toned NC20ish skin, but 'Deauville' and 'Fiji'' (I mix shades) are perfect. My only gripe is the HORRIBLE packaging, it's hard to control the amount of foundation and the product gets everywhere after some time. The outer coated rectangular part separated from the smaller screw cap and now makes opening the bottle a huge pain.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaAmourr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying, I have tried A LOT of foundations from drugstore to department store. This is a GREAT foundation. It covers my post acne spots well and gives my face a nice and even glow. I layer MUFE HD powder over it and it stays in place for at least 8 hours.I don't have to touch up throughout the day and it looks superbly natural. It would be better with a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by cindybeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is light and oil free. A big plus for me and my problematic skin. Nice coverage and wears very well. I would recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by JennRB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This provides beautiful, medium coverage. I've used the NARS Oil-free formula, so I got the same shade I used in that, Deauville (MAC C2/NC-15 to 20). I suspect that Gobi would be my perfect match, but Sephora doesn't carry it.
This looked amazing upon initial application, but it quickly fell apart from there. I have an oily T-zone, and it disintegrated from my forehead after about 2 hours, leaving a horrible greasy sheen. It's normal for me to get oily breakthrough with foundations, but never like this. I haven't tried this with a primer yet, but I did try setting with silica powder, and it wasn't much help. The oil-slick wasn't even the worst of it. I used Sheer Glow for about a week and broke out like I haven't in ages. There's obviously something in this that doesn't agree with my skin. Such a shame, because it looks so nice. No doubt that this would be great for many people, just not for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 7:12:00 AM More reviews by paroali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There is a reason this foundation has so many great reviews.
I am fairly new to liquid foundation, but over the last few months have been on the hunt for the perfect foundation.
I started off with several drug store brands...revlon colorstay, revlon photoready and maybeline 24 hour. No go.
I realized through trial and error that it pays to get a higher end foundation...especially if your looking for something that isnt hard to work with (for someone new to liquid make up, like me and looks natural.
I've used a brush to apply this, but since Im always in a hurry, I tried blending it with my fingers and honestly its just as great. Its just so easy, and your not compromising on the finish because your not using a brush.
I have combination skin and tend to break out in my T zone. I tried the Nars Sheer Matte before this, and i agree with the reviews. Its a little harder to blend and thats actually a great concern for me. Also the finish isnt quite the same. I use a oil control primer and have NO problems whatsoever with Sheer glow.
I just LOVE the finish with this foundation. It gives you that fresh, healthy skin look which is so hard to get with most makeup. It does not look cakey or heavy. Coverage is awesome. I have some acne scarring, and I cannot say enough good things about this foundation.
Holy Grail FOR SURE. try it guys, you wont regret it!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a caveat, i'm not a foundation wearer. On a normal basis, I go bare faced. However, on special occasions, I do want something light to even out my skin tone and give a polished look. I gave Sheer Glow a try due to the amazing reviews here. My experience with it wasn't what I was hoping for. It provides medium coverage and does feel lightweight when applied. However, in sunlight, it looks like makeup on your face rather than your skin. Since I don't need medium coverage and want a more natural look, I'm going to stick with my Almay's Nearly Naked.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by mrs1shorty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this foundation for a fortnight....I absolutely LOVE IT.!!!!!...it glides on smoothly and blends easily to leave a flawless natural finnish...the colour I use is Santa Fe and it's a perfect match for my NW 15- NW 20 complexion. it has a more yellowy tone than a peach tone as with all their shades i saw....I was at a wedding recently and my makeup looked as fresh at 12pm as it did at 12am.... 12 solid hours and it hadn't slipped or disappeared...think this could be my HG

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by LizzieLiz

I really like this foundation. It feels lovely on the skin, leaves a very nice glowy appearance. I am a fan of it mostly because it does not look like you are wearing a matte face mask, as I have found with Double Wear and Revlon ColorStay, another two of my foundations. Most people have commented that my face looks soft and natural when I wear this.
I'm not 100% sure I have the right colour match, but it doesn't bother me (I am NW 20 and I wear Deauville in this foundation).
I apply it with a brush or fingers, although I feel that application with my fingers does give a better result.
The only complaint I have is that it seems to settle into my pores on my cheeks (I have sort of noticeable pores on my cheeks on either side of my nose, they are very minimally visible without makeup but seem to be much more noticeable with this foundation). A little extra primer there seems to help.
The bottle is pretty irritating and there definitely should be a pump. It is also VERY expensive (here in Canada I'm pretty sure I paid $55 plus tax). However, I would re-purchase for sure.
UPDATE: I went back to my Double Wear for a while but realized that every day I was getting one or two very small red spots or pimples. And then I realized that NARS Sheer Glow doesn't break me out in the slightest! My skin actually looks better after using this for a week straight. And I'm at that time of the month (sorry for TMI) when I normally have skin issues. Using a 187 brush also really gives a perfect application. I am in love with this foundation!