August 23, 2014 | 1060 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by rachelanneb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

my HG for sheer coverage foundation, its so perfect for a natural yet groomed finish. And I swear my skin feels softer after wearing it.

PROS:
gives a great natural finish
wears very well, even on my combination skin
Non-comedogenic and Fragrance free
very buildable for days when you want more coverage.

CONS:
lack of pump on the bottle
would like to see more foundation colors with a pink rather than yellow base

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this and at first I did not like it because it felt too heavy (I used the stippling method at first) but I realized that if I used my fingers I can spread it out better and make it lighter. The results were very nice. I have oily-combo skin and this makes my skin matte. I am unsure this foundation will be suitable for dry skin since it seems to be a matte foundation. Overall, a good foundation for oily-combo and maybe normal skin people. I will definetly go buy out once my sample is done.

(I advise you go get a sample first that way you will not waste your money if the foundation isn't right for you ). :)

UPDATE- I had to lower the rating because it broke me out! I am glad I just got a sample because that would be $40 down the drain.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by CurlyGurly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Good foundation but must be used with the NARS primer as it tends to bunch up in strange little patches especially if you put a powder on over it. I use Gobi with the NARS pressed powder in Eden but the powder is to orange for the shade of foundation :( My skin changes and i only use it when i dont have any blemishes, also for me it works better with a sponge or fingers.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by katalina

Nice foundation but way too dry looking for combo/dry skin. A couple other reviewers stated the same.
I find nothing sheer or glowy about this foundation. Very thick going on and tried every possible brush/moisturizer to thin it out and give it glowy look on my over 40 skin.
Oh, well back to Sephora it goes to try and find something that works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 6:17:00 AM More reviews by noirowoze

I'm Chinese with combination skin and some acne scarring from, believe it or not, the clinique 3 step system. I was really really hesitant about buying this because I didn't think this was meant for combo-oily skin. well I bought it anyway to give it a shot and I'm absolutly IN LOVE WITH IT. it feels so light and smooth. I usually like to apply it with my fingers after I sanitize of course. I've tried using the mac 187 brush but it didn't feel or look natural. when I used my fingers I could really smooth it into my skin and easily build coverage. this foundaion is so amazing because it's sheer enough to use as a tinted moisturizer but it's also definitely buildable to medium-full coverage, especially if youre using your fingers. however lately I've been pairing this with the mac 109 brush. the 109 brush really let's me buff the foundation in and makes it look so natural without streaks or cakiness. I've tried many ways to set this foundation for my skin type and I finally found a routine that works wonders for me. so after I wash, exfoliate, and moisturize, I let it all sink in and then apply the murad oil control mattifier. after that sinks in I apply mac's prep and prime skin base visage. once that sinks in I put on my nars sheerglow in Ceylan with either my fingers or the mac 109. if I want more sheer coverage I use my fingers. for heavier coverage I use the 109. I contour, blush blah blah and set everything with mac's prep and prime transparent powder. then I spray my mac 187 stippling brush with mac fix+ and stipple that onto my face over the foundation and transparent powder. it migh be a tedious routine, but my makeup did not budge and looked flawless for literally 9 hours, not exagerrating, even for my combo-oily skin. I love this foundation. so smooth, light, wonderful, whatever. it's great and I would repurchase this over and over and over again.
UPDATE: I am still absolutely loving this foundation. I have not broken out from this at all. when I wear it, it feels like I'm not wearing anything at all. my dad, who is super critical about how makeup is applied and how natural it looks, didn't even know I had foundation on. he just thought my hyperpigmentation disappeared overnight and I wasn't wearing concealer either! love it love it love it. I think when they call it "sheer glow," sheer meaning it FEELS sheer. I mean if you really want something sheer, I would consider tinted moisturizers. as for the glow, I guess it only "glows" on normal combo skin, not dry skin. you could always ask for a sample first. but give it a COUPLE of chances. the first two times I used it, I hate it. I almost returned it but then I realized I wasn't applying it right. try to apply it a few different ways before hating it :)!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by VanillaV

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this makeup! The colors are absolutely beautiful and neutral...excellent for olive skin. I am between a MAC NC 42-44 for reference. In the winter I purchased Syracuse in Sheer Glow; now since I am tanning I wear Tahoe and it perfect too!

I love the finish not too matte not too dewy/shiny. I have very dry skin that is more normal now thanks to Cerave moisturizer so this formula is perfect for my skin. It lasts ALL day from 6:30 a.m. til midnight I love it! This is definitely HG makeup. Nothing is more perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 6:01:00 AM More reviews by jennixo

I thought this foundation was going to be a product that got great reviews, but when i bought it, i didnt see what all the fuss was about.
But i was wrong
i love this foundation, i think its my new HG foundation! Its so sheer and light but yet covers all of my blemishes with only using a pea size amount, it is expensive at £29, but i only need very little each time so i think it will last me a long time. However having no pump i thought was silly when they have one on the testers.
Oh and people probaly didn't make the same mistake as me, but i previously was using Revlon Colourstay which is a very thick foundation and when you tip the bottle to get some out you have to wait for a good few seconds before the thick product runs out, Sheer glow is very light and runny, i tipped it like i would my colorstay and spilt so much!! i had to try and pour most of it back in, quite annoying as it was the first day i had it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2010 5:00:00 AM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dont like this product. Color selection was ok. Im NC15 and used Gobi which looked a bit pale. Mont Blanc looked gorgeous but it was a bit organgey. Broke me out, not horrible but like a rash and a few tiny bumps. Its very hard to spread, drys quickly and isnt the best for dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 3:17:00 AM More reviews by titania19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation! It isn't too dewy and it isn't matte it is the perfect balance of both! It provides great natural looking coverage that makes my skin look totally flawless even on my worst breakout days. I was worried at first that I wouldn't find a perfect match because I rarely get a perfect color match but I found a shade (Santa Fe) that was perfect for my summer skin (I always tan in the summer). In Mac I am usually about a NC20-25, sometimes 30 if I am lifeguarding. I have quite sensitive skin and this foundation doesn't break me out whatsoever. The only real complaint I have is the lack of a pump. I hate not having a pump because I don't like wasting product. Despite that minor set back I can't rave enough about Nars Sheer Glow foundation! Don't hesitate to give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by thuysers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm an NC35 in MAC and have combination skin. I bought this foundation in "Stromboli" from the NARS website. I was a little skeptical at first because I thought it would make me look more shiny but it actually doesn't. It gives you a dewy glow. I'll use a touchup powder 2x a day only on my T-zones. It has a lasting staying power and feels VERY light. This is my HG foundation! =) Worth the price because you really don't need that much product!