NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

on 11/28/2010 12:07:00 AM

I was really curious about the foundation because of the great reviews on Youtube etc. and I got the Sheer Glow and Sheer Matte samples in Punjab and Fiji which both are a good match to my NC25 skin.
However, I hated Sheer Matte immediately because of how poorly it goes on. Sheer Glow took a couple of hours of wear for me to hate. Although it spreads nicely and the color is great, it feels really silliconey -- reminded me a lot of L'oreal True Match. As the day went on the foundation starting reall sttling into my lines and accentuating any dryness as well as becoming shiny at the same time.
Even though I'm quite oily, my face was very dehydrated after 7 hours of wear just like with True Match.
Will not be purchasing.

on 11/27/2010 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I walked in Sephora with trying this out in mind and turns out the SA who helped me uses this - her skin looked beautiful and she raved about how smooth and light it feels as well as it's great coverage. I agreed with her on all 3 counts.

Unfortunately, I was very disappointed that it didn't work for me. I have combination oily t-zone and tend to get dry in some areas. This looked amazing when I first put it on in the day, but by mid-day, it made me super oily and the oilyness caused the foundation to break down, emphasize (maybe cause?) dry patches. It looked so good initially that I really wished it had worked out.

For reference, I have golden light skin and was matched to Ceyland.

on 11/24/2010 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got a sample of this in Punjab for my NC30-ish complexion. It seems a little too light but nice and yellow. Very light, watery texture. It looked great after applying but seemed to sink into my pores after a few hours. On the plus side, it covers well and stayed pretty matte all day. If it were cheaper and didn't sink into my pores I would buy it. If I could find a better color.

on 11/23/2010 10:35:00 PM

Absolutely love this foundation!

The color range offered by NARS has a wide range of both cool, netural, and warm undertones. This makes it very easy for you to find one that is perfect for you. The only tricky thing is though that not all counters will carry every single shade. In fact, at Sephora for example, they do not carry all available colors period.

The foundation has a more watery consistency and has a sheer/medium coverage. That said, you will need to use a separate concealer to cover up and blemishes or scars if you have any. Because the foundation is more on the light side in terms of coverage, it will not help you oover up much. This foundation is ideal for just a nice evening out of skin tone.

I have normal (sometimes comination) skin, and initially thought that sheer "Glow" is something I may want to stay away from. However, I found that this has just the perfect amount of moisture so that after about 3 hours of wear, the foundation blends into my skin nicely and looks less powdery.

Application wise, I like to use a regular foundation brush or one of the Sephora Professional HD brushes. The traditional foundation brush gives more coverage, but the fluffy and dense HD brush gives more of an airbrushed look. Either way, you will get the same overall time wear of the foundation of ~8hrs. I would strongly recommend that you touchup with some powder if you plan to carry on to 8hrs+

Overall recommendation: Buy! Try it once, if you are dry/normal/combination skin type. Very flattering and natural finish.

1. Excellent shade selection
2. Perfect moisture balance for normal/combination skin
3. Looks very naturally, especially about 3hrs into wear
4. Medium coverage with a very sheer feel so it doesn't feel like you have loads of makeup on.
5. Lightweight of formula means it won't clog your pores!

1. EXPEN$IVE!! (In Canada, after taxes in Toronto it was a whopping $60.00)
2. Wish it would last a bit longer without having to touchup with powder
3. There is no pump and you cannot buy one in store. You must purchase online and they never seem to have any in

NOTE**Powder needed? Yes, please. Remember to set with a powder if you have combination skin.

on 11/20/2010 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i always used to use mac foundation nc40- nc42, but nc40 was too light for me, and nc42 was to yellow for me, it even if i mixed them together they were never the same as my skin tone. i have very yellow undertones to my skin but hate looking yellow.
i went to try out nars sheer glow as i have heard so many good things about it. i got the colour Barcelona. which i think is too light for me, but when added with bronzer and blusher, it looks gorgeous. i look so glowy and fresh faced, and i absolutely love it. my skin doesnt dry out with this foundation like the mac foundation, even though im not sure this is the perfect one for my skin tone i still very much like it, and it is without a doubt the best foundation ever!

on 11/19/2010 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Packaging: Hate that this does not come with a pump. There's just no reason for a pump not to be included, save for aesthetics. The Nordstrom NARS counter also told me that they do not carry pumps in store, so I had to order a pump, for $5 or so, online. With shipping. WTF.

I do love the finish of this foundation. It is glowy on me, but not overly so. It's definitely not a sheer coverage at all. I would go so far as to say it is medium to full coverage, depending on the application method and layering involved. I prefer the MAC 109 brush to apply SG. It can feel heavy at times. I use the shade Mont Blanc, which is a touch too dark for me. I have to blend this over my neck as well or it looks way off.

Now without all that said, this foundation breaks me out. Not enough to give it up! But enough that I save SG for special occasions now, and not for everyday wear.

on 11/18/2010 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think I have finally found my all time favourite foundation!! I have sensitive skin that breaks out if I use 'bad products 'on it. Most of my products are fragrance free so this fits. I love the silky texture and the way you can make it look very light or build it easily for a medium coverage. It looks so skin like. I got it in the color punjab. If you don't have sensitive skin, gives this a go as it looks amazing on! But if you want something which looks natural and glowy that won't break you out......try Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation.

Update: After 2 weeks this made me break out Horribly. It has taken about 3-4 months for me to get rid of the horrible cystic acne......luckily I treated it carefully so no scars :). So I'm back to the Laura Mercier mineral foundation. Even though I like the look of liquids more, they make me break out if I use them every day. And I would rather have clear skin and wear the mineral powder (I have now tried the Laura Mercier silk creme wearing it daily and it's amazing no break outs at all after using it for 3 months). I am still ging to try the Giorgio Armani Luminous silk foundation though.........I'm a sucker, I've always wanted to try it.

on 11/17/2010 2:30:00 AM

Sheer coverage, but GREAT color. I'd probably only buy this for the color... I love being very yellow and tan. Other than that, it's ok. Packaging could be better, and it's not worth the price.

on 11/15/2010 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

In conjunction with NARS SG I use: Too Faced prim and poreless, MAC Studio sculpt concelar, Benifit hello flawless powder and wow my skin has never looked so perfect! I have extreamly oily skin, with light acne and some scaring. These products together make my skin look the best it ever has! Although i do get oily, and bloting is a must! I only use these during the day. I blot with matte dream by maybelline.

on 11/15/2010 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

i really liked this foundation while i was still using it but i wouldn't repurchase. first off, there's no pump so I KNOW i wasted a lot of product every time i went to grab for it. second, it claims it's for dry skins to achieve that "glow" well i feel like my moisturizer (cetaphil at the time) did 95% of the work because when i didn't use that this foundation was just dry and flakey. price wise, i don't think it's worth the $42. I've tried tinted moisturizers better then this.. and i had really wanted to love this foundation =( It doesn't cover shit & horrible in photographs. nars you disappointed me..

Video Reviews & Tutorials