April 16, 2014 | 906 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2003 3:23:00 PM More reviews by meeko

Hmmm... not sure why there are so many haters of Hoola. I am thinking that maybe it works different on each type of skin tone...? Either way I think it looks wonderful on me (pale skin) but you have to be careful to use it lightly. All bronzers look tacky if you use too much. I like the fact that it is matte and not shiny. Do NOT use the brush that comes with it though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2003 2:27:00 PM More reviews by JennieRose

This is great! I did not want to buy because of the reviews but I tried it. I have to say at first, when I put it on it did look a little dirty, but I have discovered the technique to use on me and it works with any brush that I use! I like it because of its matteness. I do not like the bronzers with the shine in it, it tends look fake in pictures and in the sun. This is a definite try, if you want that tanned, 3-D, healthy look to your face (and anywhere else you dust your bronzer).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2003 10:32:00 PM More reviews by bluej422

This is just an ok bronzer. It does make me look like I got some sun, but you have to be pretty careful with it or you'll come out looking sorta dirty. At firest I thought the packaging was so cute, but I always end up making such a mess with it. There's got to be a better way.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2003 2:56:00 PM More reviews by asian_drag

I'm here to defend the honour of Hoola! I was skeptical about buying Hoola
after reading all the MUA reviews hating on it, but I received it as a birthday pres from my sister and I'm so glad 'cos this is a kick-ass bronzer (especially for my palish Asian skin). It is a lovely warm matte brown and looks very natural, not sparkley and tacky like so many other bronzers. Words of warning do not use too much, the brush is a little tricky so shake or blow off excess, and make sure your skin is DRY or lightly dusted with powder first.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2003 4:30:00 PM More reviews by missdaisy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using HOOLA for a few seasons now and I love it. A mistake that I think some people may make is using the brush that it comes with. Bronzer should be applied with a nice big fluffy brush to distribute the color lightly and evenly, not the short flat nightmare of a brush BeneFit includes. I find this bronzer to be a complimenting and believable color on me, and I'm quite pale naturally. Some brushes to try if you’re not sure are NARS Bronzer Brush and La Prairie's squirrel-hair brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2003 1:26:00 PM More reviews by kaleelance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although this product was recommended by Paula Beguon as a good bronzer, I thought it was horrible. It looks like dirt on the skin and even with the best brush, does not apply evenly. I would never recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2003 7:19:00 PM More reviews by JoJo16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best thing i can say about this product is that it's got gorgeous packaging. But the product it's self is totally and utterly horrible. When i first purcahsed i thought it looked lovely, but i was blind! it looks like patchy dirty mud on your cheeks! It was too expensive as well, guerlain bronzer is the lovliest ever, not to light ot dark. GIRLS BEWARE OF HOOLA

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2003 4:59:00 PM More reviews by mzgrvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just might be in the minority here, I like Hoola. I am a PPP w/cool to nuetral undertones and this stuff really gives me a punch of color. The stuff did not ship well though and arrived looking like a mess, it had started breaking up and the powder was coming out of the box all over the package. Once I cleaned it up, the fact that some of the powder was loose did not bother me at all, in fact I prefer it to be loose, it is easier to get a light application. Light application-I think that is the key to this product especially if you are as fair as I am. I hardly use any of the product, sweep it over my hairline, down my nose, and across my jaw line, think inverted 3, except I use it more in the shape of, () because I don't want to give up my blushes. It works great for me and although I was not initially pleased with the way it came to my door, the product itself is great for me. It really is a large amount of bronzer, so I will probably not have to repurchace this anytime soon.UPDATE 2/27/03This is still the best bronzer I have found for my PPP complexion...I use this at least 2X/wk...I must admit that I have been looking to purchace another bronzer, but not because I am unhappy with Hoola, but sometimes its hard to resist all the raves on the boards! continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2003 4:09:00 PM More reviews by GlitterBitch

Wow! Another BeneFit disaster.. big surprize =/
This made me look like I was rolling around in dirt for a while. Seriously, even the cute box and brush (that doesn't even work) cannot make up for this stupid product and don't even get me started on the price.. I mean, how much can dried mud in a cardboard container really cost? I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this. Please people, save your money for a nice, natural bronzer like Sepia Tan & Glow, my personal favorite.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2003 1:57:00 PM More reviews by jenna88chu

i'm FFF or LLL. this product made me look DIRTY, even if i applied it very lightly on my cheekbones and forehead area. i like how they give you so much product, but I would rather have less product with BETTER product.