April 20, 2014 | 1624 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2008 4:28:00 AM More reviews by sami513

i love it! it's great i got the "on the go" size to see if i liked it or not for $15! it's really nice i love the way it feels when you put it one lol
it makes my studio finish concealer go on so smooth and makes my studio fix stay on all day. i use it everyday but yesterday i forgot and after putting my foundation etc. it just wasn't the same [yuckk!!] oh also i have acne prone skin as well and it doesn't make me break out like everyone said it would:D

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2008 12:26:00 AM More reviews by myysharona

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just got this product and, so far, have used it twice. I love it! It helped my eye makeup stay put, a feat in and of itself. It smoothed everything out and my bare minerals foundation went on beautifully. I've read some of the reviews about it not being the best for oily skin, so we'll see if I still like it when summer comes around. So far, though, I think it's amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2008 6:29:00 PM More reviews by daphanfamily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

after i moisturize my skin (wait at least 5 minutes until the moisturizer sets in) , then i like to apply the Photo finish primer with a disposable makeup wedge then wait for 2-5 minutes then i apply my powder and it goes on smoothly...( I know I dont use foundation before powder since I usually don't have that much time...with 2 lil kids its usually Quick quick!!! :P) i know it sounds like a lot of steps but the powder does stays on for however long I'm out for...it is a little pricey but in my opinion it is worth it...if I didn't get this in my kit, I don't think I would of ever thought of using this product but now that I have I'm glad I did..

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2008 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Licorice86

This stuff worked ok for me...It did prep the skin like it claimed and my makeup went on smooth. I suppose it did make my makeup last longer, but I usually don't wear makeup ALL day, just special occasions and such. I did get a few pimples but I can't say exactly if it was from that or from my breakout-prone skin. It tended to make my skin more shiny though which may have caused the breakouts to happen...I noticed I dont shine as much without it...I really bought it to control my shine a little more...but that didnt happen...Aloe Vera gel works just as good as this stuff...and controls oil more IMO!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2008 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Platnumluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice primer. Very smooth when applying and creates a barrier between makeup and skin. Actually, didn't use the primer on my oily, acne-prone skin for 2 days in a row, and got my first cheek pimple in a long time! Feels like it's greasy when applying, but makes foundation application smoother and after makeup, skin looks so good. Makeup isn't falling off my face by noon anymore!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by shazyx786

This is one of those hit or miss products. On some people, this works fantastic. And then others break out from it horribly. For me, it doesnt break me out insanely (which i was scared of since i have very sensitive acneprone skin) but i do get a few small blemishes sometimes when i use this. But I can deal with that if i feel it performs well. The thing is, i have to use a good amount of this stuff to really get it to perform, and thats not really supposed to be the case. This stuff will really only fill in pores and lines if you use more than the suggested amount. Also does nothing for controlling oiliness. I only use this when i know im going to be photographed or only going to be wearing my makeup for a few hours bc i do feel that it does photograph well. If u have normal skin with little to no flaws i would use this, but if you have more to conceal and oiliness to control like me then i would go with clarins instant smooth or dr. brandt pores no more. Even clinique's pore minimizer is a great primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by DarkAnjel

AAhhhh! Luv this! I went to Africa in December (it's the hottest time of the year) My face did not melt. Great under my Mac powder. Alone it gives a satin look without the "perfect skin color". Don't know how I lived without this. I got mine for $15 the Sephora try it size which looks about the same as the product on the shelf!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2007 11:38:00 PM More reviews by sw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product. My foundation lasted all day and my face looks flawless. Of course, I powder the t-zone area with Mac powder. Fantastic!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 2:17:00 PM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and I was hoping this stuff would control sebum production and help keep my foundation on. How wrong I was. When first applied, it has a mattifying effect, goes on smooth. It fills in pores, creating a softer, smoother canvas for your foundation. However, this does nothing to control oilines; after a couple hours, whether I wear this alone or with foundation, my skin feels gross and oily, so I would only recommend this product to those with normal/dry skin. I suspect this stuff causes breakouts but its hard to tell when my skin is so acne-prone anyways. It comes in a cute bottle with a convenient pump, but the lid is ridiculous: it doesnt stay on tight so don't pick it up by the lid, you'll drop and break the glass bottle. Not recommended for the extremely oily or for anyone who breaks out with dimethicone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 2:34:00 PM More reviews by ashes886

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I purchased the gift set for $49. It came with a travel size and regular size bottle. Also, I received the eye primer as well in the set. I have only used this product for 2 days - but I must say that I LOVE IT. It does make my skin appear more flawless and it gives my MAC Studio Fix an all day staying power with absolutely no touch ups. Also, this product goes a LONG way. I only use about a dime sized amount (or smaller). The product feels nice and smooth - not sticky or cakey at all.