Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

I finally bought this and it made my skin look smooth and flawless. I love this stuff. It really does make my makeup last longer then it would considering that I have oily skin and I use lots of the Neutragena oil blotters. It's funny cause I was quiet skeptical that it would break me out but it actually made my skin softer and brighter. :) My mom also used it and she loves it! She's 48 and I think it made her little wrinkle lines less visible. The only thing I mind is that it's a bit pricey so I use it for special occasions only.

I use this in the green to neutralize redness. I used the plain one first and wasn't crazy about it. However, using the green, I notice on days that I skip it or just forget while running around getting ready in the morning. This is definitely one that I like and continue to use and repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I use this on women every time I try any make-up on them at work. I received a travel-size for free and was finally able to use it on myself. At first I was afraid that it might break out my skin, but it hasn't. My face looks better. As I use it more and more my laugh lines show less, and my pores instantly appear smaller. It does what I wanted and keeps my mineral makeup on. I have very dry, sensitive skin and this makes it even softer. I really like this and will purchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I agree with another reviewer that said this product made my face smooth and soft but I didn't notice much else. I really wanted this to work as I spent $36+ for it & had heard all kinds of great stuff. Tried it for about 3 or 4 days - BROKE ME OUT. I did use moisturizer first, I did everything right as far as I know. I used one pump for my whole face, smoothed it on. Waited about 2 - 3 minutes for it to dry/settle. I have dry skin, would that be the problem? It kinda felt like it dried it out more & it claims to help your foundation stay longer b/c of the natural oil absorbing effects, so maybe that was it. Don't recommend it if you have dry-ish skin. Too bad I bought the whole bottle. >:(

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm still on the fence about this product. I bought the small size from Sephora about 2 months ago and have been using it faithfully every day since. I've used it over moisturizers, and just by itself with my Bare Escentuals Foundation, but the results seem to be the same.
You should only use a small dab on each portion of your face; more and it'll start to flake off and make your makeup smudgy.
But I have extremely oily skin (30 minutes after I apply my makeup, I have to apply powder b/c of the shine!) with acne-prone leanings, and huge pores. Right after I apply this, it seems to fill in my pores and make my skin softer and smoother, but it really doesn't seem to hold up throughout the day. Like I said, shortly after putting makeup on I'm blotting and powdering! I think my skin does look atinybit better with it (it's not as oil-slicky as it might be), but it's not the miracle product people seem to tout it as.

The LIGHT photofinish works great for thoose like me who have combination to sensitive skin- its alos GREAT at contolling oil through out the day. There are so many diffrent primers on the market it seems evrey brand is "launching " a primer. try it you'll love it!

i have not used the full sized product however i used a deluxe sample. the first time i used it it seemed to make my skin smooth i didnt see a differance apart from that. the second day i used it however i put it on and it was gritty!!! it had chunks of the product on my face. im not new 2 makeup. i applied it properly however it caked on my face! I may try the full size and see if it works better...

This product smoothed and perfected skin, as well as filled in fine lines and pores for a flawless finish by giving my face a matte pearlish look. Additionally, my face was not irritated or broke out. Still I have mixed feelings.

What it is:
Smashbox makeup artists use this product to create a perfect canvas for foundation application.

What it is formulated to do:
The silky blend of vitamins and antioxidants smoothes and perfects skin, while the unique formula helps to inhibit the destruction of collagen, and fills in fine lines and pores for a flawless finish.

What else you need to know:
Use after moisturizer and before foundation for complexion perfection. This skin-soothing blend of antioxidants, which can be worn alone or under foundation, works overtime to fill in fine lines and even out skin texture.

(Courtesy of Sephora.com)

**My opinion**
I use foundation primers EVERY DAY and I was dying to try Photo Finish as soon as I heard of it. Unfortunatly, Smashbox doesn't sell its products in Italy and I had to purchase this primer on an on-line English site. Well, I'm not very fond of it, compared to MUFE primers, Photo Finish isn’t equally good quality. Once applied, my skin feels softer but that’s all, I can’t really see any other kind of improvement. So hell no, I won’t buy this product again. continued >>

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like this product it minimizes my pores but if you don't apply it correctly it will flake..When I use it under the cream foundation it flakes but not when I use a powder foundation...hmmmm...I wonder why? In any way..is "good" product, it leaves ur face super soft.

Popular Primer/ Correctors