December 19, 2014 | 1407 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2008 1:59:00 AM More reviews by gurluwant2love24

Greasy Greasy Greasy Greasy! Feels so "eww" on my skin for some reason. Hated it to the 10th power! :X

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by pachanguera

Since purchasing this product, I've given it several chances -- and it makes me break out every time. I think I'm done with it. The packaging is nice, that's about all I can say for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2008 12:03:00 AM More reviews by zvhawkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the tube of this, which is .5 oz for $18 from Sephora. Purchasing two of these travel tubes is much cheaper than one bottle with pump and you get more product for the price.

I love this stuff. It feels so weird going on...like a veil. It brought out dry patches in my face, mainly around my mouth area. I have solved that by moisturizing well in that area more than I usually would. It is worth it, though. This product is my best friend and makes my foundation and concealor go on smoothly and stay ALL day long. I do not have oily skin, but my foundation would always slide, fade, move, disappear. ALWAYS.

A little goes a long way. I love it. I wish it were a little less expensive, but I'll continue repurchasing because I have not found anything comparable to this product yet!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2008 1:17:00 AM More reviews by lindsay8182

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the small size of this primer just to see how it worked...and I really liked it! I only use it before I put on foundation, which isn't very often, but it makes my foundation go on smoothly and last all night long, even if it's hot. It does feel a bit "slippery" when you put it on, but I think that's what helps the foundation glide on, also once foundation/powder are layered over it, you don't notice it at all. It is quite expensive, but you really only need less than a dime size amount for the entire face and because I don't use it everyday, I don't mind paying a little extra. Overall, I recommend this product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2008 1:06:00 AM More reviews by seven12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Smashbox and I'd heard great things about this primer, so I desperately wanted to love it. But the second it touched my skin I hated it with a passion. It feels slippery and disgusting. It's absolutely loaded with silicone, so it feels like putting a shine serum for hair on your face. Then there's the sensitivity issue... I'm not sure which ingredient(s) triggered it, but I had a terrible reaction to this product. I went from having a completely clear face to having NINE pimples within 12 hours of wearing this the first time. It didn't even make my makeup look that good. It made my skin look airbrushed and overly made up. You couldn't pay me to use this product again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This one feels different to the other creamy primers that I have used. It glides on and almost immediately makes the skin feel smoother and the pores appear smaller (I suspect this is the silicone). As a result, liquid foundation glides on more easily and does seem to stay on for longer than it otherwise would. I purchased NARS primer at the same time and have compared the two, and so far, I would say that NARS wins. It is creamier and I have not found it as drying as Smashbox PFP, which tended to accentuate the slightly dry patches that I often get on my face.

One other cross against Smashbox PFP is that it seems to have caused a few spots on my face, especially around the edges of my face for some reason (I suspect that the silicone has something to do with this also). It isn't anything too serious, and my skin could be in the process of getting used to it, but I have not had this problem with any other primers and I do not really have sensitive skin. I will continue using it, but only when my skin is free of dry patches.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2008 10:00:00 PM More reviews by dara4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love this!! Its a staple. not recommended if you have acne prone or oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by selene_gal5

I bought this product a week ago and only used it a few times because I thought it was a little slippery and oily. But then again I have oily acne-prone skin. It did however help my makeup stay longer and gave me a glow. I think this might be a great primer for dryer skin. I will now return it for their lighter version.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by rotabega

I have combo skin with extremely oily t-zone. I mean extremely. I was looking for something to control the glaring shine I have about 2 hours after applying make-up. I'm new to primers and bought this on a whim at Ulta. I was very pleased that Ulta said they would gladly accept a return on the used product if I was unhappy with it, so I had nothing to lose.

I have to say, I'm impressed so far! I didn't notice it doing much at first. But around lunchtime I noticed that my face didn't feel greasy and gross the way it normally does. I am normally blotting with Clean and Clear sheets every few hours.

Around 4 o'clock in the day, I finally couldn't resist my habit and whipped out a C&C sheet. The amount of oil, or should I say the lack of oil, was shocking! There was only a tiny bit, and mostly at the edges of my nose. Normally my forehead is a nightmare and takes 2 sheets to clear off. So far I've not experienced breakouts with the primer, and I'm very prone.

It's a little more expensive that I'd normally be willing to pay, but oil control without overdrying has been almost impossible for me to find. This stuff is heaven. The initial feel of it is a little freaky (it's so silky it'll make you think it's just globbing more oil on your face), but it actually feels amazing and light when you swipe it on, and a little goes a long way.

I gave it only a 4 because I'm still worried about breakouts. I know they have a light version for oily skin and I'm going to give that a try too. A few more days of use and if my skin stays clear and the oil stays controlled, it'll definitely be a 5!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by sanckensmom

I've purchased this twice..once, the regular photo primer with okay results but many breakouts....the second time, the light version, that is supposedly a lot of water...does not break me out, but does nothing for my skin. It does help my make up to go on easily (give's a lotion like slip) but does not fill in any pores (what I want a primer for) or make my make up last longer, etc...it really serves no purpose, will never buy this again...I am looking for a primer to fill in lines, fill pores, etc...