Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

on 4/14/2008 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was told I couldn't use a primer if I had oily skin, but I tried samples of this anyway. It was greasier than I expected, but then again I had no idea primers existed before this so I didn't know how it was supposed to feel. My make-up went over this flawlessly and even my shadow lasted longer (I put it on my entire face) that day. I still had some shine in the t-zone that I had to blot away, but I will use my tinted silk dust over this next time. I have very sensitive skin and this did not make me breakout or react in anyway. However, I do use a great cleanser and BHA gel or scrub 2x a week. I would not wear this daily because it adds more time to my routine, but I would purchase a bottle to use when I go out. I recently purchased Eucerine sunscreen lotion with green tint for my face, so I think that has the effect of a primer for daily use, and it's a lot less expensive.

on 4/14/2008 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a fantastic primer, although I think there are others out there that work just as well for a cheaper price. However, when the green version came out, that made this product even better. It's pretty much my holy grail primer.

on 4/14/2008 5:22:00 PM

Oh man, this product made my daughter break out in the worst cystic acne on her chin. Very painful. I'd like for her to try the new light version but she is scared to death. Don't think we'll be buying this one again. Actually, if she sees it on the shelf she may run for her life.

on 4/13/2008 9:58:00 PM

I didn't notice any difference in my foundation after trying this. It didn't smooth my skin, my foundation didn't last any longer, and it didn't "matte-ify" my face. I bought the "light" version for oily skin. I see what other users are saying about it "sliding off"... it really does just come right off your skin when you try to apply foundation. Overall I'm disappointed and will definitely NOT buy again.

on 4/12/2008 8:27:00 AM

I agree the packaging is terrible, but it makes my makeup last and last...i apply it, and almost instantly place my liqud foundation on top along with my concealer then my bare escentuals foundation...it helps make my foundation stay true to its color and my makeup once lasted for 18 hours

on 4/10/2008 10:03:00 PM

I have given this product several tries, and each time I continue to be disappointed. First, it makes me break out, and it makes my skin sooooooo greasy after a little while. It doesn't fill in my pores, and it causes my makeup to slide right off. I tried putting it on my eyelids, and my eye makeup creased. And my eyeliner (MAC Fluidline) slid off after a short while, as well. Does anyone else notice that the top does not stay on? That drives me crazy.

on 4/10/2008 2:17:00 PM

I've tried this product many times, my makeup stays put ok on my face but it gives the worst acne ever. also on my eyes it creases.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This primer goes on your skin like silk- literally. I used to use Laura Mercier primer and still do like it - but this is really just a whole different ballgame. This seems to create a smoother surface for my liquid makeup as well as undereye concealers, etc. My makeup seems to stay on better. I apply concealer to spider vein areas on my cheek and it gives a nice cushion to keep the concealer and foundation from sinking in as it does without the primer. I just got it about a week ago so I'm really still testing it. I will soon get a new foundation and am seriously considering trying a Smashbox one - never have before. Apply this and you will be amazed at the way your skin feels. Whether long term use creates dry skin or a reaction I do not know. My skin is dryer, sensitive but in good shape for my age.

on 4/4/2008 10:33:00 PM

I loved this primer. It's the only one I've ever tried, so I don't have any thing to compare it to, but I love how it make my skin feel so silky. The one thing that I hate about it is the packaging. Halfway through the bottle it stopped pumping out the product... I paid like 40 bucks for this little tiny jar and I want to get every little bit of primer in it. Next time I'll buy it in the tube but otherwise it's a great product.

on 4/3/2008 6:46:00 PM

Definately buy the travel size tube for this. It's easier to use and can easily be thrown in a makeup bag. It's a must have product. It leaves your skin oh-so-smooth and ready for makeup. Just make sure to let your skin absorb it for at least 5 minutes. Face is left smooth for foundation and/or powder. I always make sure I put this on for special ocassions.

Popular Primer/ Correctors