Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

on 3/25/2008 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I didn't like this at all. Didn't make me break out but it left my skin feeling horribly greasy, and my make up had no staying power whatsoever. Won't repurchase - there are better ones out there (to me) for less money.

on 3/24/2008 12:43:00 PM

I'm one of those who didn't "get" the whole primer thing until I tried this. It hasn't broken me out, which is nice, and it helps me not have to use nearly as much foundation as I normally would - which is great since my fave foundation has been discontinued and I'm treating my remaining bottle like it's made of platinum! It also doesn't pill up when I apply my foundation like my moisturizers tend to do. And the bottle should last me a good while, since a pea sized blob does the trick, so I'm pretty happy.

on 3/23/2008 6:51:00 PM

Order the smashbox photo finish primer after reading soo much good things about it, but I was very dissipointed...

My skin neither became any better or worse by this product..soo why use it in the first place...

on 3/22/2008 10:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I dont have problem skin, but I like to use a primer to make my makeup last longer and to go on easier. This isnt a bad product, but I don't know if I would repurchase. I may in the tinted primer, not sure.
I only use a little bit. So the tube does last me a very long time. The only thing I don't like is that I have to wait awhile for this to sink in or dry..And I live in a dry climate. Once it is dry, it does what it's suppossed to. I tried the DHC primer and it was so velvety, I want to buy it after the smashbox is used up. If your thinking of getting this, buy a travel size tube first. They will last you a awhile and it is much easier to get the product out of the container.

on 3/22/2008 1:36:00 PM

I love this primer. It makes my skin really smooth and keeps my foundation on all day. I would definitely buy it again. Next time I might try the coloursmash to help take some of the red out of my face.

on 3/20/2008 10:14:00 AM

One of the best primers on the market. My skin has mood swings, so I tend to swap between the regular smashbox primer and their primer light. A little really does go a long way. Do not put it on like lotion. Take a pump and spread it from the center of the face.

on 3/20/2008 9:44:00 AM

I am like the other reviewers, it feels great when you put it on. But... use a very little amount. I use less than a pea size.... It goes a long way. Although, later my skin did feel greasy. Leaving in Houston weather, this may not work for the summer. I might try to use Pur Minerals primer instead, the sample feels like silk.

on 3/19/2008 8:49:00 PM

i bought this is ulta... i really liked how it felt on my face.. looked really nice after i applied make up ... but did not work for me.... i broke out and had to return it. =( Now i have to look for a new primer.

on 3/19/2008 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

turns out if you are acne-prone... this is not the right one to buy... so i had to take it back and try the smashbox light primer instead (which i like so far). this primer ended up diluting my foundation instead because of my oily skin and it being on top of my moisturizer. i suggest the light version instead.

on 3/18/2008 11:43:00 PM

It felt really nice on and under powder make up my skin looked as if it was glowing, sadly, it wasn't good at holding my make up, so glowing or not, it didn't last for long and it did nothing for my liquid make up. The worst thing is, after using it consistantly for a few days it started to clog my pores and I ended up getting blackheads on my face. I was sad. I really wanted to like this product!

Popular Primer/ Correctors