Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

on 3/31/2008 4:13:00 AM

This is definitely my HG for a primer!! it kept my makeup smooth all day..barely any touch up needed...it makes my skin feels silky n super smooth! I really love this primer..after trying on the Laura Mercier n Mac...this one is AMAZING! my skin is a combo n using the regular photo finish primer is pretty good. if you have oily skin there is oil-free one and if u want SPF then there is one with SPF. trust me..this product is unbelievable! after u try this one...u will never try another primer =)

on 3/30/2008 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Does NOT live up to all the hype, IMO. My makeup slid right off, and it broke me out. Also, the bottle doesnt let you get it all out. If I was going to buy again, I would buy the travel tube. A better value, and easier to scrape every drop of product out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have combo/dry skin,usually not prone to acne.At first,I loved this primer,I really thought it gave me a smoother look after I applied my foundation.After a few days of using it,I broke out in horrible cystic acne (which I NEVER get!) I was so dissapointed bc I wanted to like this product.Now im scared to touch it + have reverted back to my MAC prep n prime.The feeling was very weird too,makes you feel like its clogging your pores.I've heard about the light version,but im a little scared to go near that as well!!

on 3/28/2008 1:35:00 PM

I've only used this primer and the one by MAC, and under comparison, I like this one better. I have fair skin, and my make-up artist friend suggest the purple one instead of the clear one to me. I used it for my wedding, and I always used it when I put on full make-up. It goes on easy and it makes your skin very smooth, and the only con I can think of is the packaging. After awhile, the pump doesn't work and you have to open it and dig in.

on 3/27/2008 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I seriously do not understand what all the hype is over this product. I’ve tried it numerous times and every single time have been extremely disappointed. I tend to have oily skin and this primer did nothing to combat oil, in fact I think it made it worse. My make up did not stay on longer, it caked in my pores and just made my face look horrible. For $40 a bottle I’d say skip this purchase and go get a facial!

on 3/25/2008 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I didn't like this at all. Didn't make me break out but it left my skin feeling horribly greasy, and my make up had no staying power whatsoever. Won't repurchase - there are better ones out there (to me) for less money.

on 3/24/2008 12:43:00 PM

I'm one of those who didn't "get" the whole primer thing until I tried this. It hasn't broken me out, which is nice, and it helps me not have to use nearly as much foundation as I normally would - which is great since my fave foundation has been discontinued and I'm treating my remaining bottle like it's made of platinum! It also doesn't pill up when I apply my foundation like my moisturizers tend to do. And the bottle should last me a good while, since a pea sized blob does the trick, so I'm pretty happy.

on 3/23/2008 6:51:00 PM

Order the smashbox photo finish primer after reading soo much good things about it, but I was very dissipointed...

My skin neither became any better or worse by this product..soo why use it in the first place...

on 3/22/2008 10:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I dont have problem skin, but I like to use a primer to make my makeup last longer and to go on easier. This isnt a bad product, but I don't know if I would repurchase. I may in the tinted primer, not sure.
I only use a little bit. So the tube does last me a very long time. The only thing I don't like is that I have to wait awhile for this to sink in or dry..And I live in a dry climate. Once it is dry, it does what it's suppossed to. I tried the DHC primer and it was so velvety, I want to buy it after the smashbox is used up. If your thinking of getting this, buy a travel size tube first. They will last you a awhile and it is much easier to get the product out of the container.

on 3/22/2008 1:36:00 PM

I love this primer. It makes my skin really smooth and keeps my foundation on all day. I would definitely buy it again. Next time I might try the coloursmash to help take some of the red out of my face.