April 17, 2014 | 1375 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Mheang

Fantastic palette: rich colors with great payoff, love the brush that comes with it and easy to carry around. A good alternative to MAC neutral shadows (which I love, but rather not pay 20$ each). This palette inspires me to be creative every morning without ending up looking like a clown. Truly a must-have.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2011 8:10:00 AM More reviews by YCH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Well definitely something I only bought because of all the raves on here. Tried to get it a few months ago, but it was out of stock, so when I saw it a couple of weeks ago, I bought it without really looking at it. When I first tried it, I got buyers remorse (no returns here in the UK without good reason) and thought I had probably just been greedy as I don't actually wear eyeshadow that frequently. However, have actually found it extremely good for encouraging me to do more sophisticated evening looks as the colours go so well together. I actually probably could do the same looks with what I already have, but having it all in one place does make it easy. I quite like the brush too.
Edited Feb 2012
Realised that these colours seem to blend into each other a bit too much and become a bit of a ubiquitous brown and also that they melt away into my oily skin VERY quickly (must start using primer, but all a bit too much faff really). Reduced from 4 stars to 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by yokitty787

I love this! the shadows are a greatly pigmented, and are a good selection. the only thing i dislike about the pallet is the felt texture of the pacaging really easily gets dirty.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by puglit1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this product, i recieved it for my birthday. it is very well pigmented and the colors are so versitile i coul do a nude or dramatic look in the blink of an eye great product a little price for me but if you can afford it its totally worth it .

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have to say that I was impressed by this palette. I assumed that there was going to be major fallout and glitter all over my face like my other palette from them.
While there was fallout, it was minimal. I used a light hand and padded down my base color, swept it on, then applied the crease and it blended beautifully. The fallout happened when I applied my crease color. It wasn't so bad because I put on my eye makeup first and a Q tip got rid of everything. Primer helps a lot, too.
All the colors go so well together and you can create so many different looks. Like others have said, this is more of a creamy texture. It's easily buildable and you generally don't need a lot of color on the brush to make the shadow show up. It's fantastic how pigmented it is but if you try to pack it on, you will have a mess..so use a light hand.

The makeup lasted a majority of the night and did not fade. I didn't take it completely off before I went to bed and when I woke up, whatever was left was still in tact. No smudging or anything. I don't recommend sleeping with it but it's got good staying power for sure.

I really adore the Naked palette and will repurchase if/when I hit pan.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by pinkladiee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first, I was really scared of the fall outs. I'm not an eyeshadow person anyway, and seeing other reviews and there were indeed fall outs just kind of turned me away from this product. I got it from a friend, and truthfully, I love it. It does have a little fall outs, nothing brush and powder can't take care of. Also, the eyeshadows were of a very nice consistency, it blended well, it was pigmented, not only that, all the colors pretty much went together. But even though all the shadows go together, I would say all the looks I've created from this palette is just a smokey neutral look. But that is what I like. So I can't complain. But I don't know about others out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I finally got my hands on this product after salivating over it for MONTHS. My husband tried to buy it for me for Christmas, but mistakenly got the Too Faced Naked palette instead. It's been sold out ever since. But it seems that it's popularity is waning a bit, so I was finally able to purchase one with a birthday gift certificate.

I have to say I have mixed feelings about it.

The quality of the shadows is exceptional, as I expected them to be. They are highly pigmented, silky in texture and easy to blend. With the exception of Creep and Gunmetal, the colors are all very compatible with my warm, sallow complection. I like the brush and though I can take or leave UDPP, it was a nice little bonus.

However, I find that most of the shades are far too shimmery for my liking. I don't care much for mattes, so I didn't think the shimmer would be an issue. But these are far beyond the usual amount of shimmer one would expect. I have several UD single shadows that appear to be similar in formulation that are just the right degree of shimmer; probably more of a pearl or satin finish, so it never occurred to me that the shimmer in these shades would be over the top.

I can work with them. I sweep a flesh toned matte over the top to tone down the shimmer and it works okay. But ideally, that's a step I'd rather not have to fool around with.

As is, this is a great palette for a dramatic nighttime look; clubbing, dancing, etc. But I'm 42, and my life is pretty staid; PTA, fitness classes, grocery shopping and high school football games. People tend to look at you a bit askance when you attend such things wearing a full on red carpet face. So, it's not an entirely practical prodcut for me. For what I spent, I would like to be able to use it for more than the occasional night out.

If you love shimmer, glimmer and sparkle, this is perfect for you! It just didn't work for me.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by pomeranians

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very few wearable colors. Most are too harsh or glittery. Not worth the price.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2011 5:58:00 AM More reviews by dubaibeilove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is so over rated and over priced. I would rather get 6 different Nyx runway Palette than this one. For the same price, I get more value with Nyx and the quality is just the same.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by DamnPrecious

It's okay. Too much fallout. Too much glitter. I love about 2 of the colors. Gun metal looks dirty and too dark for me.