Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 1/28/2008 5:11:00 PM

Was told this would work for me and it didnt made me breakout. will not buy again to greasy and i have combo skin type tried the other for sens skin didnt work and hope in a bottle didnt either im using ddf products now and they work.

on 1/27/2008 12:36:00 AM

This made my acne-prone combination skin go CRAZY! And while it feels delightful when you get out of the shower and your skin is tight, the aftermath is not pretty. I wanted to love it! After seeing it on Oprah's favorite things, I thought I had found my holy grail. If you have sensitive skin, I don't recommend it. I do love Philosophy though!

on 1/26/2008 11:05:00 PM

this is a fantastic light weight moisturizer. its not enough for the dry winters but for any other season i love it. it sinks in immediately and it leaves my face soft and its not the least bit shiny. its expensive but for someone like me who has very sensitive skin, it has no adverse side effects. my face looks better because of this product. my skin as a healthy glow and looks clearer. i'd definitely buy this again.

on 1/25/2008 4:17:00 PM

I picked up a sample size of this as a lark when I was at Sephora a few weeks ago. It sat unopened for days since I thought it was just another pot of moisturizer.

Boy, was I wrong. The AHA and antioxidant in this stuff has given me luminescent skin that I've never had before. I cannot get over how different my skin looks after I started using it. And it could be my imagination, but I think that it's helping to minimize the look of my hormonal zits.

I actually look foward to going home and taking my makeup off at night so I can put this on my face.

I went ahead and bought the When Hope is Not Enough with SPF for my daytime moisturizer, but just to be cautious I decided to wait a couple of weeks so I could be sure that Hope in a Jar isn't causing any bad effects on my skin.

on 1/25/2008 9:21:00 AM

Bought a little jar of this to try along with the Purity cleanser. Loved the cleanser, just not sure about this. It's not very thick, and sinks into my skin fairly fast, which is nice on mornings I'm in a rush (every morning!) The smell is somewhat awful, but after I put my makeup on, I don't even notice it. Then again, I'm in nursing school, so this doesn't even compare to some of the things I have to smell! Now comes the "not so sure" part. Lately, I've been having some cystic breakouts which I'm pretty sure are due to not eating right, not drinking enough water, and stress. Usually it's 1 nice big honker that goes away faily quickly but hurts like heck while it's here. Well, after switching to this moisturizer, I now have 2 huge cysts on my chin like my face gave birth to twins! Giant, red, painful twins! So, while I'll use this up because I'm a poor nursing student, I don't know that I'll repurchase. And in the meantime, I guess I'll go around looking like I'm sprouting additional heads out of my chin. Nice. Hope I don't scare my patients.

on 1/25/2008 12:39:00 AM

I have no idea if this stuff actually works. I cannot stand to let it be on my skin long enough to find out. The smell is just horrid and not the easiest thing in the world to remove.

on 1/22/2008 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

The consistency is very watery and thin. My concealer doesn't adhere well to this. It made my eyes burn! This moisturizer also STINKS! I can't stand it. Thank goodness I got a sample size. I won't repurchase.

on 1/20/2008 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best out of all the moisturizer i've tried, but then I haven't used many yet.

The smell, as most everyone has said is awful, but after a while, you get used to it and don't notice it as much.

My skin is oily around my nose and mouth, dry on my nose because I use a prescription gel for blackheads.
Right after putting it on, it feels great, my skin is soft and smooth. However, after a while the oily parts of my face got oily, very fast. So I do not reccomend this as a morning moisturizer for those w/oily skin.
My cheeks are dry in the winter and this doesn't help with the dryness at all.

-1lippy: I feel that dipping your finger into the pot is unsanitary.

-1 lippy: I was expecting this to make my skin better, and it didn't do much. Also didn't help with the dryness.

on 1/18/2008 8:53:00 PM

***PSA: THIS IS A HOLY GRAIL ALERT*** got this stuff in the LE House of Miracles set from Sephora. It's AMAZING. I first looked at it in the jar and thought, oh, this is gonna be thick and heavy. I couldn't be further from the truth. It's got an incredible whipped texture, and it just melts into my skin. I use in the AM and as soon as I put it on, it makes my skin absolutely GLOW. It's not heavy, greasy, or anything. I've been looking for a moisturizer that would replace my discontinued Lancome Impactive for years, and this by far is it. No breakouts, smoother skin, light pleasant scent. I only wish there was a more sanitary way to use it rather than dipping fingers into a jar! Already repurchased!

on 1/18/2008 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Ugh....so I caved in and decided to try this based on the voluminous reviews. I only got the smallest jar for $15. I really don't like the scent of this, in fact it really grosses me out. I can't even describe what it is really, but it's not appealing at all and I could still smell it through my makeup, etc. I was soooo hoping that this would be great for me. I do like the product and the way it feels on my skin as I apply it. It seems to sit well under my mineral foundation. However, it is not as moisturizing as I would like it to be. I still feel the dry patches on my cheeks about an hour after applying this. I haven't felt that with many other moisturizers I've used before. For the price, I expected this to do a lot more. I would have considered keeping this as an emergency backup, but since I can't stand the smell, I refuse to use it. It's going straight back to Sephora. I took off two lippies because of the scent, the performance being less than I expected and the price. I'll just stick with my Chanel Sublimage and Hydramax which I love.