December 22, 2014 | 1369 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2006 7:21:00 AM More reviews by knitchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great moderate-full coverage foundation. I've just replaced my first bottle, which lasted me about 3.5 months. It provides excellent coverage without feeling heavy and looks great even after a full day of wear. I have acne-prone skin and it has not caused any breakouts. The only problem is that it can be hard to find. I've only found it at one other place beside Sephora, which makes it difficult if your color is out of stock.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2006 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

I've brought this product because it claims to matify your skin all the day long with a comfortable feeling......and i thought that's exactly what i needed...i have combinations skin that tends to get oily over the t-zone area after several hours so i was hoping that this will solve my problems for me......however, after i tried it for two days......i know i can't use it anymore........it does covers well.....but I feel like i have tons of stuffs on my face and it even makes me skin got oilier than my older foundation........and worst of all....i started to BREAK OUT...........after i switch back to what i was using before...my skin is getting back to how it use to..........i wanted to refund this...but they say their company doesn't take returns.........I think da's rediculas because i only bought it for a week and i really did have a bad reaction to it......

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2006 7:18:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

This product can be wonderful, but in moderation! This is very thick, a rival to Revlon's original Colorstay formula. Dry skinned girls need not apply - this is definitely one for the oily skinned, and the oily skinned only. It seriously mattifies, but just a tad too much and the face can look severe. I find dotting this and then quickly sheering it out works best for me, and I set it with a fine, talc-free powder (although it isn't a necessary step, because it sets matte all on its own.) My only gripe with this is that no matter how little I use, my face feels heavy with makeup even before the end of the day, although I must say it looks as flawless at 8 pm as it does at 8 am. This photographs incredibly well, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2006 4:18:00 PM More reviews by blackangel

skintone: MAC NC45/Px Antelope/Bobbi Brown Golden/Makeup Forever Face and Body #12

shade: #12

This is a creamy, extremely opague foundation that comes in a glass jar and lid with a strange looking dropper. I dont know how to use the dropper but the product is most excellent. It provides complete coverage and spreads very easily.
That being said, it needs to be set with powder or it might rub off on things. In evening lighting my skin looks flawless. I would definately repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2005 2:45:00 AM More reviews by PamBunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is hands down the best foundation I have every used. I was recommended this at sephora,I was told this is the best,and they were so right! Its pricy, but totaly worth it. I have acne prone skin and i have tried a million different foundations and this is the holy grail of foundations, I dont even need to use concealer with this,it makes my skin look flawless.
I'm on my third bottle,im addicted I can not say enough good things about it.
Its Fantastic!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2005 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

This is one of the best foundations that I have used for my ultra oily skin. It makes my skin look airbrushed and flawless. It gives good medium coverage and can be layered on for more. I use it in #3, and my skintone is NC42-43 or in Laura Mercier Sunset Beige, which MUFE #3 is a tad lighter. This is a perfect winter color for me. The consistancy is not heavy or thick, it's actually very silky and smooth going on, and it doesn't feel like I have anything on my skin, which is a good thing. I hate the feel of heavy foundation on my skin, especially since I am very breakout prone. I have been using Mat Velvet with my LM loose powder, but I plan on getting MUFE's super matte loose powder to put over it because if it works great now if my LM powder - it will probably work even better with the matching powder that has more oil control capabilities. So far no breakouts, and my skin isn't getting dry or irritated. Great foundation so far. I will update since I have been only using this for about a week. UPDATE- I like this foundation, but not to use on a daily basis. My face feels slimy by the end of the day for some reason. I also find the packaging for this foundation to be a pain in the butt. It did not dry out my skin and no breakouts, but I think I am going to try something else, and keep this on the side. It's great for my oily skin during Winter, but I don't think it would work for summer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2005 6:48:00 PM More reviews by wabdon

I bought this a while ago and can't remember which number but I think it's #9 a medium beige. I have asian yellow-tone,combo skin with few post-acne marks. The shade looked good in store but when I applied it the next day in natural light, it didn't match.It was too beige and not enough yellow so I think they should expand their shade selection. overall I liek this foundation. It provides med-full coverage, it's layers well and blends well. you only need a pea size since it spreads easily. it has a thick consistency which I love and doesn't feel greasy upon application. at first, it leaves a dewy look but it fades into a semi-matte natural finish. It covers redness and evens out my skintone very well that I don't need to apply concealer over my post-acne marks. It doesn't cover it completely but it makes it less noticeble. It even covered my red inflammed zit that I skipped concealer! I don't feel like I'm wearing a "mask" and it doesn't cake or accentuate my problem skin,in fact it really makes my skin look flawless. So far, I haven't broken out since I don't use it daily. Also, I like the spatula since you don't have to pour it out and make a mess but a pump dispenser would have been better. For $48 cdn, it is expensive but worth it if you cna find your shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2005 5:48:00 PM More reviews by thuymy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Liquid -> Make Up For Ever -> Mat Velvet Oil Free Foundation makes your skin look absolutely beautiful. The color is GREAT especially Natural Beige 9. BAD thing: Clogs your pore big time. I will get little pimples each time I used it.

This makeup would be great for parties or special occasion. I think if you used it once a while, it would be OK. This foundation would not be recommended for daily usage because it clogs your pore especially if you have Oily/Acne Prone Skin. It has BeesWax, Cyclopentasiloxane which is some type of silcone, Sodium Chloride, and Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein. All of these ingredients listed makes you break out espeicallly if you are prone to pimples or acne.

Cap of the Bottle is terrible. It's so big and gets messy.

Foundation would be great for someone with dry skin or someone who never gets a break out.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2005 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Bubbalish

If you want your face to scream "look at me, I am wearing foundation" then this is the foundation for you. It's thick, looks cakey and creases into fine lines. It also comes off onto everything my skin touches. It's one of the worst foundations I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2005 2:21:00 PM More reviews by raincheck

This is my favorite foundation. I have oily acne-prone skin and it works so well. One day I put Lorac satin finish on one side and MUFE #9 on the other side. At the end of the day the Lorac had settled into the fine lines and looked blotchy. MUFE still looked great. I set it with the MUFE loose powder which is the best powder ever!