September 21, 2014 | 1777 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2005 3:31:00 PM More reviews by soyday

I love this foundation. It gets pretty expensive for me because I buy the ivory beige and the light beige and mix them together to get the right shade. With a makeup sponge it blends in like a dream and you can layer for more coverage. It makes my skin look so smooth. Sometimes I mix two small drops with tinted moisturizer. Not thrilled with the spatula-like applicator though...I will keep buying this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2005 6:34:00 PM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was for me one of the worst foundations I have ever had the misfortune to try. The MA who was practising my wedding make up chose this for me as it seemed appropriate (I have very oily skin in the summer) she chose a shade that looked alright and then set it with lose powder. When I looked in the mirror I not only looked about ten years older, but was shining as though I had my face painted with vegetable oil! This may be 'oil free' but it won't necessarilly stop you looking as though you've a layer of varnish on you. The coverage was too opaque and heavy and so looked totally unnatural on me I think there are lots of sillicones in there. I couldn't wait to rush home and wash my face so that I'd look normal again, needless to say I didn't use that MA for my big day.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2005 5:48:00 PM More reviews by EveryGreatLove22

I am in love with this stuff. The price may seem high, but since you don't need to use a lot at a time, it lasts forever. I have very acne prone skin, and I don't have any problems with breakouts. My favorite thing about this product is that the coverage is amazing- especially for an oil free product. It has maximum coverage but doesn't look cakey. Additionally, it makes your skin look matte, but doesn't dry it out, and it doesn't bring out dryness by causing skin to flake. Amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2005 6:54:00 PM More reviews by gucci2229

This foundation is like butter! I only have to use a tiny amount and it glides on my skin leaving it FLAWLESS all day long. Whether I add only a bit of mascara and some gloss or a full face of makeup this is the secret ingredient to looking picture perfect!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2005 2:40:00 AM More reviews by lenah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this from Sephora in shade #3, since they were sold out of it. That sample lasted me at least a good two weeks wear, and I still have some left. It went on smoothly, and blended in to a natural finish--not the heavy, matte finish you might expect with the name. However, this was no miracle fdtn, since I found myself having to touch up my t-zone with powder after a couple of hours. The coverage is light to medium, but definitely buildable if you need it. I didn't buy it because I was strapped for cash, and opted for Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse, which for now, is performing decently well. I'll keep this in my consideration set when shopping for a new fdtn.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2004 5:27:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have many foundations and this is one that I rate good, okay but not fabulous or perfect. I have clear skin so I only use a little and I always apply foundaton with a foundation brush. I have an oily t-zone and don't notice that this foundation is any better than any other for controlling oil down the middle of my face. I still have to use my handy clean and clear blotting tissues after a couple of hours. This foundation does not not give me a really matte look but that may be because I am applying very little to my face since I my goal is just to even out my complexion a little. I use this foundation often but to be honest I have so many others (and there are new ones out there I am wanting to try) and because this one does not stand out in some significant way I will most likely not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2004 9:21:00 PM More reviews by katm11

I just got a sephora sample of matt velvet #8 and I absolutely love it! I applied it w/my finger tips sort of patting it in. A little goes a long way. It melted right into my skin. My skin looks flawless and I love the weightless way this foundation feels. It smooths out my skin. Most every foundation I've tried (except MAC studio fix powder n3) looks cakey on my cheeks where I'm dry and oily everywhere else. This does not. I'll see how this wears in the long run. So far I'm loving it!.....Well I had to remove a lippie because I don't love it anymore-in the long run it didn't work for me-but that's why I love this site-I buy things like them for a few days and swap em.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2004 12:34:00 AM More reviews by blusandie

I really Love this foundation. The only draw back is it will get very very oily (even within an hour of putting it on) so you need a good powder to put over it. It is real velvety and has a good matte feel and look to it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2004 12:30:00 PM More reviews by PinkButterflies01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this foundation! I was always disappointed in every foundation I tried and now wouldn't use anything else. You can wear it as heavy or lightly as you want and it makes my skin glow. I have combo skin and couldn't be happier with this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2004 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

"Matte" and "velvet" are beautiful words to me but this did not take to my skin at all. Instead it behaved much like another disappointment, Chanel DPF - it looked good for an hour then melted off in patches, leaving me with this weird mottled face. My skin is combo-normal and 37 and I live in a hot climate; I had hoped this would provide me with at least a uniform matte finish but after trying it with different moisturizers, primer/no primer, etc., I've concluded this just does not work for me.