Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow!! I have been searching and searching for the perfect sweat-proof foundation that won't break me out,,,,,, and I must say this is it!! It is amazing and lasts through anything. Love the texture and coverage, not to much, but just right. I am MAC NC30/35 and #40 was a perfect match. I still like to set with a loose powder, and love how it mattifies !!!!! Would definitley buy again!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I've been using this product for a month and the first few weeks I thought it was amazing up until now. Here's my opinion:

Pros:
- looks natural. the color matches me very well

Cons:
- does not help control oil at all! (i have very oily skin and i blot my face 2 hours after applying this foundation)
- rubs off VERY easily. at the end of the day it looks like im wearing nothing
- way too expensive for such a crappy product
- perhaps causes acne? i've been using two prescribed medications on my face and still im breaking out badly. i blame the foundation.

*sigh* im still on the lookout for my HG foundation

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this stuff -- with Make Up For Ever's Shine On (compact version) over this, my skin looks soo pretty. I have recently actually been getting compliments on it, which for me is unheard of. My skin type is such that, when not irritated, it is not oily; however, the strong majority of foundations that I've tried have, after several hours of wear, wound up either irritating my skin and causing it to get oily or containing some nasty ingredient that causes me to break out (case in point: BE and its infamous star ingredient, bismuth oxychloride). This foundation manages to do neither. Particularly when used in conjunction with some sort of setting or oil-control powder, I wind up staying matte for several hours and when I do need a blot, I am happy to find I only need a quick dab (as opposed to those foundations that make you fly through a whole pack of blotters in one week). Adding MUFE's blotting powder on top, I've found, really sets it and enhances the foundation's mattifying properties.
Additionally, I've found the coverage to be lovely and, if necessary, buildable. It has yet to cause my skin to break out. For those let down by my many foundations in the past, give this one a try before succumbing to foundation atheism!

EDIT: knocking this one down two lippies after wearing it several months. it does give great coverage and looks pretty on, but after not wearing it for about three weeks, I've realized it made my sensitive skin oily and clogged my pores with continual use. I now much prefer Everyday Minerals, which is much lighter on and doesn't clog my pores at ALL.

This wasn't really water- resistant.. and didn't last as long as i wanted it to (i have oily skin).. maybe like 4 hours... the coverage was nice though but it was a little too pinkish for my asian yellow skin tone
edi: bought a better color which is more yellow (40) and this foundation lasts longer than the other ones i have tried (BE, MAC,Shiseido,Lorac,Nars)... maybe there is a better one out theer but this will have to do for now! this photographs REALLY well! my skin looks awesome in the when i take pictures :)

This foundation did have good coverage which is really helpful for me. It was expensive but i would say it was worth it.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted this to work ... and it sort of did, I think. I have VERY oily skin with break outs every now and then. Nothing major. But after two weeks of using this product ... Breakout City!! So bummed. This product does dry quickly but I felt it left little to be desired. It looked cakey and it didn't look natural at all. I persevered but then the face break out. Since I've stopped using it - my skin has calmed down a lot and gotten back on the right track. However, I wasn't as oily as I usually am - but I still had to blot (which I know I always will ... its the life of an oily face ..). Guess I'll keep searching ...

I am loving this foundation. I am a faithful user of MUFE Face and Body Foundation, but I wanted something with a bit more coverage and staying power. This is it! It's easy to apply with a foundation brush, and the coverage is great. I have combination skin, so I do need to exfoliate and moisturize my skin before applying this foundation. It doesn't combat all of my oilies, but no other product I have tried does. I should note that shade 15 is incredibly light. I am normally the lightest shade when it comes to foundations, but #15 was even too light for me. I went with shade 20.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE this foundation! I actually mix 20 and 30 because I have hard to match pale skin. But I also have really oily skin and this keeps my skin mattified and I wear this a lot when I go out because it covers so well (acne especially). I don't know about wearing this everyday, but its a very glamourous foundation and great when your skin sucks.

I spent months prior to my wedding researching and trying foundations that photographed "true" (no white tint due to sunscreen). Of the ones I tried GA, TMc, Shu, BB, and this one - MUFE was by far the best feeling on and the best looking in pictures. It also had a nice bonus of being the cheapest of the ones I tried (although BB may have been close) - although still pricy. I ended up buying it and when I bother to do liquid foundation, this is where I go. Also, I love the hygenic tube, and the ability to flip the packaging on it's head when the foundation gets low. Overall, a winner.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really don't know if I should review this yet as I have only used it 3 times but I am anyway because I'm excited by it. My summer staple so far has been EL Doublewear because it sticks like cement through heat and humidity and my excessive sweating. But this fndtn seems to do the work but w/o the feeling of a heavy fndtn on my face. It somehow feels more lightweight tho and a better more pleasant feeling but at the same time not rubbing off on anything. In other words, in my opinion this is one up on Doublewear. Same coverage as Doublewear but w/o the heavy, masky feeling.
I am an NC 30 in Studiofix fluid. I headed to the MUFE counter intending to buy #40, based on the reviews here (thanx everybody!) but to my surprise, #40 was too dark so I got #30 which is a bit too light. But I 'm taking oxidation into acct and also I "color correct" by using MAC MSF in Medium-Dark immediately after and thus get a pretty good match. For the past 3 days I haven't been disappointed in its wearability. I'll update if necessary.
Oh, and I love the little plastic bottle with its hygienic squirt top. Can take it with you in your purse. Terrific as opposed to the old Mat Velvet with its ridiculous spatula and wide jar top just calling "welcome" to any bacteria around.