November 22, 2014 | 2031 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2005 7:14:00 PM More reviews by EllesJuicieGlosses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my hg mascara!!! If you like long separated lashes, you have found your match! although I love Amplicils as a base, once it dries a bit I put this on the tips and they make my lashes so super long, unbelievable (p.s. use a curler!!). There is no equal to this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2005 2:08:00 PM More reviews by alexei9

I really do not understand this mascara having a HG status for anyone. I am generally partial to almost all of Lancome's products...except for any of their mascaras. This is by far the worst. Clumps like all get-out. Horrible wand with huge gaps between bristles where loads of mascara pools-only to be left as gunky clumps on lashes in the attempt to apply-this wand may work if you wipe 80% of the product off with a tissue before applying-but I'd rather not spend $$$ on a mascara that is mostly wasted in this manner. Mascara's from the parent company, L'Oreal, are superior, and if you tissue off the wand, at least you're not wasting megabucks. Save yourself the expense and the raccoon eyes and buy L'Oreal Voluminous instead.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2005 7:05:00 PM More reviews by doodlebop

I have used this for a long time, occasionally straying into other brands, but I always come back to this. For me this is the only mascara I can depend on not to smear under my eyes. I like this because it just "defines" my eyelashes with a little color, adds some fullness and length. That's all I want, and with Definicils I get it -WITHOUT SMUDGES.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2005 3:14:00 PM More reviews by daza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately yes, I would buy this product again (considering I've bought it about 5 times). Itís soo expensive, but I can't find anything to compete with it.
Update: I still love Definicils, but I've since tried Hypnose, and it's even better! P.S. I couldn't help but notice that A LOT of the lousy reviews for this product, were from people that were rating the GWP sample. IMHO, you cannot get an accurate impression from a sample!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2005 3:11:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I'm not sure why I've never reviewed this... I've had tons of the GWP version, but I've never purchased the full-size version.

It's an ok/decent mascara...

The pros are that it holds the curl all day, and it doesn't clump. It really separates the lashes. Also, it's easy to remove.

The cons are that the color is not a true black (it's more like a charcoat gray, and being someone that likes DARK black, this just doesn't do it for me in that dept). Also, it doesn't really give the thickening/volumizing effect that I would like in a mascara. And, it doesn't have a tendency to smudge under the eyes.

So, the overall verdict is, if someone were to give me this, I'd use it. And if I got a GWP version, I'd use it. But I probably wouldn't purchase it for myself.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2005 9:47:00 AM More reviews by adams

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ugly grey color on me. Not black. It flakes, too. Irritating. I was hoping for a wonderful product, oh well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2005 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Benzgirl79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

****Update 6/9/12: STILL using this and only this years later and it still delivers. HG stuff! ****

I was blessed with long eyelashes to begin with but this mascara makes my eyelashes touch my eyebrows if I use it with the Lancome XL primer. I get compliments all the time when I wear it and I cannot tell you how many times people ask me if my lashes are real.

However, I do have a huge gripe:

It is ONLY HG status if I use the primer with it, otherwise, it's just basic and overpriced.

When I first started using this mascara 10+ yrs ago, I swear the formula was different. When I use the primer and mascara together, I get the effect that I originally got when I just used the mascara alone, years ago. I swear that took out the thickening agent and decided it would be more profitable to sell it separately. Not nice.

However, I still find that it is undoubtedly the best mascara, period.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2005 7:14:00 PM More reviews by BeneBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do not like Definicils Mascara. The color is not quite Black, almost grey black. And I find that it flakes and irritates my eyes. I'm not sure how Lancome's mascara became the best seller in Macy's? It's not anything special.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2005 1:13:00 AM More reviews by LHaus82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is amazing. It doesn't smudge or clump and makes your lashes look soooo long!! I've been using it for years. I recommend using their Cils Booster lash primer underneath it too. I find it makes your lashes look even longer and fuller and makes the mascara go on smoother without ever getting flaky. Great Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2005 3:59:00 PM More reviews by katherine11289

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is by far the best mascara I've tried. Mascara tends to rub off underneath my eyes, but this one does not. It lenghtens perfectly and has a great color. Doesn't flake off or anything.
I love this stuff.