September 19, 2014 | 1297 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2005 3:14:00 PM More reviews by daza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately yes, I would buy this product again (considering I've bought it about 5 times). Itís soo expensive, but I can't find anything to compete with it.
Update: I still love Definicils, but I've since tried Hypnose, and it's even better! P.S. I couldn't help but notice that A LOT of the lousy reviews for this product, were from people that were rating the GWP sample. IMHO, you cannot get an accurate impression from a sample!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2005 3:11:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I'm not sure why I've never reviewed this... I've had tons of the GWP version, but I've never purchased the full-size version.

It's an ok/decent mascara...

The pros are that it holds the curl all day, and it doesn't clump. It really separates the lashes. Also, it's easy to remove.

The cons are that the color is not a true black (it's more like a charcoat gray, and being someone that likes DARK black, this just doesn't do it for me in that dept). Also, it doesn't really give the thickening/volumizing effect that I would like in a mascara. And, it doesn't have a tendency to smudge under the eyes.

So, the overall verdict is, if someone were to give me this, I'd use it. And if I got a GWP version, I'd use it. But I probably wouldn't purchase it for myself.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2005 9:47:00 AM More reviews by adams

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ugly grey color on me. Not black. It flakes, too. Irritating. I was hoping for a wonderful product, oh well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2005 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Benzgirl79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

****Update 6/9/12: STILL using this and only this years later and it still delivers. HG stuff! ****

I was blessed with long eyelashes to begin with but this mascara makes my eyelashes touch my eyebrows if I use it with the Lancome XL primer. I get compliments all the time when I wear it and I cannot tell you how many times people ask me if my lashes are real.

However, I do have a huge gripe:

It is ONLY HG status if I use the primer with it, otherwise, it's just basic and overpriced.

When I first started using this mascara 10+ yrs ago, I swear the formula was different. When I use the primer and mascara together, I get the effect that I originally got when I just used the mascara alone, years ago. I swear that took out the thickening agent and decided it would be more profitable to sell it separately. Not nice.

However, I still find that it is undoubtedly the best mascara, period.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2005 7:14:00 PM More reviews by BeneBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do not like Definicils Mascara. The color is not quite Black, almost grey black. And I find that it flakes and irritates my eyes. I'm not sure how Lancome's mascara became the best seller in Macy's? It's not anything special.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2005 1:13:00 AM More reviews by LHaus82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is amazing. It doesn't smudge or clump and makes your lashes look soooo long!! I've been using it for years. I recommend using their Cils Booster lash primer underneath it too. I find it makes your lashes look even longer and fuller and makes the mascara go on smoother without ever getting flaky. Great Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2005 3:59:00 PM More reviews by katherine11289

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is by far the best mascara I've tried. Mascara tends to rub off underneath my eyes, but this one does not. It lenghtens perfectly and has a great color. Doesn't flake off or anything.
I love this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2005 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Natalie_V

Great. mascaras have a tendency to slide off me (must be the oily lids) even waterproof ones ( especially estee lauder - yuk) but this just stays all day before I have the tell tale smudge under the eye! will buy again and again as my everyday mascara. Want to try Helena Rubenstein mascara though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2005 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Jocelyn88

I got a GWP of this recently and I decided to try (why not, right?)... Anyway, not sure on the price, but this is definitely a great product. Only two swipes it lengthens incredibly & gives them some "oomph" (not a ton of thickening, but just enough)...I don't have sparse lashes, but they are nothing more than average. I will be purchasing a tube of this when I run out of my sample... Lets hope that a full size tube does not fail me... I tend to like sample size mascaras, but when I get a full size it never compares... **crosses fingers** I will update if the full size fails me.

UPDATE: Okay, I have decided I don't like this (yeah, in just one day)... It flakes big time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2005 5:09:00 PM More reviews by ilec

Best mascara I've used but not sure if it's the best out there. I guess I'm tired of trying new products that just gets worse and worse and waste my money. The packaging sucks though, just black and ugly design. Holds up the curls nicely without much effort, and not drying. Update: I don't think this is my favourite mascaras as I have oily eyelids and it smudges below my eyes.