Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 11/8/2007 9:02:00 AM

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [+/- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

AAA200

on 9/18/2007 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product does what it claims. I am usually very oily all day but with Rimmel's matte powder I just need a quick touch up halfway through the day and I'm good to go

on 8/28/2007 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

fabulous product!! i have very oily skin, use a long-wearing foundation then add this powder in translucent. i blot w/blotting papers during the day and touch up once w/this powder. ive tried several and this one by far is the best, its not cakey and doesnt 'sit' on my skin. and the price is right. i went out and bought 3 more, travel bag, purse, and desk.

on 8/24/2007 5:57:00 AM

i'm on my 2nd one, both in 'transparent'. it's a nice, simple, cheap powder that does the job. i don't mind the non-compact packaging, as i only use it with a big brush to set my makeup. it keeps my t-zone non oily. a staple for me.

on 8/20/2007 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Cool

I was not particularly impressed with this pressed powder. I found it gave a very cakey finish on skin, no matter how little I applied. It did not give long lasting shine control even though it claims to control oil for up to 5 hours.

on 8/13/2007 8:08:00 PM

I started out as a Rimmel Girl decades ago in the UK, when it was sold in the typical "Chemist" shop. How times have changed! Buying the Stay Matte powder was like taking a step back in time, even the packaging is similar. I keep this product in my purse for touch-ups during the day. It is defintely transparent and doesn't cake up, no matter how many times I apply it. Unfortunately, I have to apply it often as I have very oily skin and nothing seems to control it. No puff or sponge is provided, this is a bare bones pressed powder with no frills. I would have given it a 4, but the packaging really is rather basic and likely to break or crack.

on 8/12/2007 5:12:00 AM

Wow. I have been spending way too much money on uppity powders for years now. This is an amazing lightweight, good coverage powder that doesnt get cakey, doesnt turn orange and looks great! Much better than MAC, and most others for that matter.

on 7/28/2007 7:50:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

I bought this in transparent 001 and it pretty much does what it claims to do. It's a nice, cheap powder to take shine off. The packaging isn't the greatest as it is not a traditional compact. Despite this, I don't have any problems with the package not staying closed. It doesn't come with a mirror or puff but since it is transparent, I don't really need a mirror to apply it. It does have a slight scent to it (kind of like bar soap), and I'm generally very sensitive to smells but this didn't bother me at all.

on 7/27/2007 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love this powder. not noticeable after i set my m/u, blends into my pale skin sealessly.

the packaging sucks. the lid doesn't stay on ever and you can't really put a good puff in with it since the compact is so thin. and it really isn't much of a compact, it has a plastic screw on lid that hasn't cauht the threading since i got it.

i love the powder. i'm glad it was onsale and i tried it. don't be lured into the stay mattter powder foundation though. these products are nothing alike...AT ALL.

i am very pale, ppp, blue eyes dark brown hair.

on 7/13/2007 10:10:00 PM

This is a place to review the pressed powder in transparent.. why do some reviewers add reviews for foundation, or other colors, etc. That just confuses things here. This looks to be as good as the Mac transparent powder that I used to use.. if it's cakey your using too much. Take a loose powder brush, dust it off and lightly go over the shine areas.. you will get a natural look that way.

Video Reviews & Tutorials