Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 4/23/2009 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This is such a good value for what you get. It is a very effective powder that controls oil throughout the day. I put this on over my foundation in the morning. If this was in a fancy package and sold at high end stores, it would cost more than 4 times the cost. The package is not that nice, but I don't mind because it's what's inside that counts.

on 4/22/2009 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My HG pressed powder!
I bring this to school, and I love it!
It's great after P.E, it soaks up the oil great!
I have this in 005 Sliky Beige and it matches my skin great! It makes my skin glow! And minimizes my pores as well!
Must buy!

on 4/21/2009 3:00:00 PM

For years now I have tended to steer clear of Rimmel's makeup products mainly b/c when they came out I wasn't impressed with a lot of the products I tried (ie. eyeshadows, mascara etc). So when I was looking for a new powder I checked MUA and this one kept coming up so I picked it up on sale for $3 at my local drugstore.
This is by far the best drugstore pressed powder out there right now. I cannot believe the quality of it and how well it sits on your skin. 5 hour coverage is a stretch, but when it goes on, it goes on smooth and holds well and controls shine well. Totally worth the hype. continued >>

on 4/18/2009 2:10:00 AM

I think this is a great product. Yes, it doesn't deliver what it says it can, "shine free up to 5 hrs" but it still does a pretty good job, this is the first product I've found that controls my oily skin. It has definitely become a staple product for me. My only complaint would be the packaging...if it came in a compact w/ mirror, my life would be much easier.

on 4/10/2009 11:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This powder is a pretty good powder!! :) I would purchase again, even thought the packing sucks. A lot of people say their lids falls off in their makeup bag but all you have to do is twist the lid a little and it will stay on! People also say it makes your skin look dry, I have dry skin but my t-zone is very oily and it doesnt make my skin loo dry, when applied to my t-zone it gets rid of all the oil :) i got mine at shoppers drug mart on sale for $4.99 but at regular price is about $6. Overall is a decent product.

on 4/10/2009 2:55:00 AM

This is an ok product. I'm on my 3rd one so i guess it;s all right. I like this pwder because it gives me a finished look. I use it as a setting powder to set my liquid foundation. What I don;t like about it is that I have to reapply it after 2 or 3 hrs. It says it controls oil for 5 hrs. not true at least for me. I tend to get oly skin as it gets hotter and this product controls oil for a few hrs only. Super cheap, packaging sucks, good for people with not so oily skin.

i have this in the shade 001 transparent, it claims that it controls shine for up to 5 hours on the back of the package, even though that is not completely true, it's still very impressive, 2-3 hours is pretty good for a drugstore product that doesn't break me out, feels silky on the skin and gives me a nice complexion.

although in the winter time, if you are to use this product, don't forget to moisturize, because it does tend to show your dry patches!!

EDITTT: So i used this for a while and..yes of course it would end up breaking me out right...? i'm really disappointed in this and am not happy that i wasted my money. but this is still a good product, i still recommend it to others, it's just not for myself :(

overall, a 5/5, i believe there are better products out there, but this will do for now!

on 3/18/2009 11:24:00 AM

I purchased this in Transparent and the slight color it gives matches my fair with yellow undertones skin perfectly. I use it to set my liquid, mousse or mineral foundations. I wish I could carry it with me for touch-ups but the container does not allow for that. It has a flimsy plastic lid that easily comes off and there is no mirror or space for a powder puff. The price is great and the color is very similar to Sephora's D10 pressed powder (which also doesn't have a mirror so I think I'll be saving my $ and buying this Rimmel one from now on).

on 3/11/2009 9:48:00 PM

I really like this product. It keeps everything in place and it's a good price. I would buy again!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this powder!! I just don't like the packaging but other then that I will definetly buy this again!

Video Reviews & Tutorials