February 28, 2015 | 1185 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2007 10:23:00 AM More reviews by izzysmith

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice, sheer coverage, good colour, didnt feel chalky! i have really oily skin and you can really feel the powder soaking up the excess when you first put it on! stays put for a good while, and its cheap! would buy again even if it does run out a bit quick!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2007 5:12:00 PM More reviews by lipz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ok..I did give packaging a "3" because in all honesty it is pretty bad! The lid does not close right and there is no mirror or place to put a puff...YOU do not get one...but really most of the ones that come with a powder are pretty bad anyways..but still there is no place to put one even if you wanted to replace it..also there is no mirror..that being said..the product itself it really really good!!! This powder truly does not add the powdery look to your face..I have this in translucent and it does not affect the color of my foundation..it does a great job setting my makeup and using it for touchups when/if needed..Also this powder if not drying to your skin and gives a nice soft look while helping you not get greasy looking...if you can get past the packaging as I can..you will most likely find this a great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2007 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Josianna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

well, i like it. does everything it suppose to, not to mention is cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2007 3:40:00 PM More reviews by samaraiv

i love this powder,one of my staples.it doesn't cake or st in large pores,doesn't make me breakout,the smell is nice and subtle,and most importantly doesn't make me like a clown.i already have three pieces of it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2007 11:08:00 PM More reviews by karrieleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've got an unfortunately very oily t-zone and this does really keep me matte for a good few hours. The packaging is not the greatest because the top will come off in your makeup bag, pretty much without fail. I usually only use the product to set my m/u in the mornings so that's not really much of a problem. The product itself is really pretty great, I've not tried a better mattifying powder yet, but I also haven't tried MAC Blot, which is my next try. Overall a really good product that delivers on it's promise, and I love Rimmel as a whole. I will also buy again regardless of what I think of the MAC, and continue to use it in addition.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2007 9:54:00 AM More reviews by syltetyta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is a staple for my oily t-zone. It's inexpencive, the color is a good match, and there's a lot of product for the money. And it does what it says, keeps my face naturally matte for 5 hours. I have no problem with keeping it in my purse for touch-ups, and I use a velour applicator rhat fits into the compact. It's not the most elegant compact in the world, but I paid for the powder itself and don't mind the cheap look of it. It works, and I'm satisfied.
If I find a classy compact I can depot it into though, it would be nice.
Mine has the color Silky Beige 005, and it's kind of a neutral color.
Bluegreen eyes, dark hair, cooltoned skin for reference.
UPDATE: The product has hardened, making application a hassle since I can't get enough powder on. And it doesn't keep me matte for more than 2 hours, maybe 3 tops. Been using it everyday for a year, several times a day and there's still a lot of product in the compact. Too bad I can't get it all out.
Oh well, I'm going to try Bourjois next.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2007 11:10:00 PM More reviews by edensxangel

Packaging isnt bad , color for ivory tones is a bit to dark i look like i got a bit of a light tan on , id give i 3 .25 if i could , its not the best but definatly not the worst powder foundation , sponge applicator is for the birds lol , umm coverage could be a bit better but it was nice its so fine and u dont have the cake age even on my oily t zone ! i use a kabukki brush for the more coverage not to much tho or you'll look like a clown ! but id buy again just the color is a bit off mostly why i didnt like it

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2007 2:53:00 AM More reviews by peppergirl

I hated this. At first it seemed promising, but it oxidized quickly and I really disliked the consistency of the powder. I threw it out halfway through because I just couldn't wear it any longer. Inexpensive, but there are definitely better products out there for the same price. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2007 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Wendykitty

I don't know why but I bought this.I wanted to see if it was any good I guess. I like it except for the fact that it seems to make me oily. So what the hell is the point of using it.It does not cake or settle into lines it has good color not to pink.I will not buy this again but will use as a backup instead until it runs out I will just be sure to carry oil absorbing sheets too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2007 1:38:00 PM More reviews by punkgyrl

I was a tad skeptical at first cuz the price was so low, but after reading all these reviews, i thought Id give it a try. I bought the transparent colour and when I first applied it with a brush, the powder wouldn't get on my brush. It's some krazy pressed powder cuz I had to swirl it around a million times before I got a decent amount of powder onto my brush. But that's not a big deal to me. The color was ok with me cuz I have very light, yellowish asian skin so I didn't notice any change of colour once it was put on my face. I also have combo skin so it did get rid of the shine on my tzone and made the rest of my face matte which i liked. I found that it had better results once i put lotion on my face before i put the powder on. So far so good, no itchiness or anything. I would probably buy it again.