October 21, 2014 | 926 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2005 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Trixie_belle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this in Translucent. It sets foundation well and makes it more matte if I've gone a bit too shiny. Very good value, but as other have said, the packaging isn't too hot. The lid comes off easily (as was demonstrated the other day, lid came off, powder cracked, messy makeup bag) and there's no mirror or anything to apply it with. I'm considering investiging in a higher end powder next, but I would buy this again if I was a bit strapped for cash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2005 11:14:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great basic powder in an old style theatrical plastic container--kind of like a Max Factor pancake container, only the top doesn't stay on well. I got this in 001 transparent and it suits my MAC NC15/20 complexion well! Quite cheap, quite nice. Brilliant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2005 4:05:00 PM More reviews by niff524

i LOVE this powder!!! i got this after reading some positive reviews, and i fell in love on the first day! i got it in Translucent, a really nice, sheer, yello-based colour. It's got medium coverage, i apply this over my concealer with with a puff, and my make up could last all day! due to my ridiculously oily skin, i still have to blot my face every few hours but i wouldn't complain. i gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 because of the rather awkward and unattractive packaging- just a pan with nothing to apply the powder with! it hasn't got sunscreen in it which is another thing that prevented me from rating it 5 lipsticks. overall a great product though! it's cheap, and i think the pan will last me virtually ages!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2005 6:55:00 PM More reviews by JessiDayle

I have this in "Sandstorm" and it is the perfect match for my skin. It really is a great powder! I'm impressed with the quality for the price. I'm not big on spending big $$$ for make-up...maybe I'm a rare breed! I really like Rimmel products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2005 2:46:00 AM More reviews by lenah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't remember what I paid for this, but I remember thinking it was a great value. I bought this in Translucent, since I wasn't sure the other shades were deep enough or yellow enough. I find that it's best applied with a powder brush lightly over moisturizer and/or foundation. It definitely, definitely extends the matte-ness of my foundation and reduces the number of touch-ups dramatically. I wish the packaging was a compact--like the other reviewers said, the lid slides off so easily. But despite that, this powder is fantastic for doing its job and the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2005 7:30:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Generally a good pressed powder for only around $3.00, goes on smooth and silky sets foundation nicely. Does control oil breakthrough well. However I bought "translucent" and its way to pale. I am light but not that light ( I normally use CG fresh look in translucent light) I also don't really care for the packaging- would much prefer a flip up compact instead of a screw "pot" type. If you can find the right shade and don't mind the packaging its a great deal!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2005 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Shannon1719

The packaging is bad because when you put it in your purse, the cover keeps falling off. Im kinda dissapointed because I like the product, I think it does a great job of keeping the oiliness to a minimum. Unfortunantly, it made me slightly break out. Just little whiteheads but I rarely break out and thats why I wouldnt repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2004 1:08:00 PM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a good powder for the price. It keeps away oilyness but I'm sure theres a better powder out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2004 11:13:00 PM More reviews by guerita29

Overall it's a pretty good product for a cheap price. I got it at Walmart for 3 dollars. It makes my skin have a matte look and i need that since im very oily. the packaging isn't that bad at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2004 9:07:00 PM More reviews by rock_chip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a good product, but there wasn't a shade yellow enough for me (what else is new), and I hate the fact that it's not portable. I have to keep it at home and use a brush with it.