July 28, 2014 | 2085 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2003 10:50:00 PM More reviews by whack_chick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent super cheap powder. It covers better than MAC blot and leaves me with a soft matte finish. I still do have to blot throughout the day but I have very oily skin and nothing can control it. The packaging is annoying but if it keeps the price down then its fine by me! EDIT~I still love this powder, however I experienced a server allergic reaction to it after using it for several weeks. My eyes swelled shut and my skin looked as though it had been burned! Girls with sensitive skin watchout! Now, the journey begins for another HG powder:(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2003 2:40:00 PM More reviews by boobrandt

This cannot be beat for a really dirt cheap pressed powder! My skin does not STAY matte (nothing short of accutane will solve that!) but it is a great bargain and looks about as good as any other pressed powder I've used! Would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2003 9:45:00 PM More reviews by divagrrl80

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Definitely a great buy! For such an inexpensive cosmetic, I was very impressed. It covers very well.....doesn't cake at ALL. No smell,and it didn't get all over my clothes. It's just as good- if not better-than dept. store powders. Do yourself a favor and try it out..but only if you're a fair skinned woman. They are very limited to 3 shades, unfortunately!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2003 11:05:00 PM More reviews by misscolleen

I wasn't expecting much from this powder considering the price, but I do like Rimmel's other products so I decided to give it a go. I love it! It applies so nicely and lasts quite a long time. It doesn't make my skin look flakey or dry, which is fantastic in a pressed powder. I'm almost glad it didn't come with a puff but I do wish the top was more secure.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2002 10:36:00 AM More reviews by brea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this powder! I bought this powder because it was the cheapest I could find (I needed powder and I wasn't getting paid for another couple of days!) I have pretty oily skin and find that this powder takes care of that problem. It goes on easily and I find that I don't need to reapply during the day at all. I don't mind the fact that it doesn't come with it's own puff or mirror, I just wish the top was a little higher so I could still close it even with my own puff on top. Oh well, the fact that it works so incredible makes up for that!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2002 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Shotgun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I have very oily skin and always have a hard time finding a powder that will keep the oil at bay. Although I like the Clinique loose powder, this is so much cheaper. Where can you get powder for $6.00 Cdn anywhere now? It stays on, doesn't change colour or get cakey, and I rarely have to blot now. My only complaint is that they don't include a puff with the powder. I have the same complaint for their eyeshadows--no brush! Very happy with this product, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2002 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Tuhreesuh

This is so great! the screw top thing is a nuisance, but can you complain? it's $3! when I use a powder brush on this pressed powder, it doesn't crumble on me, like CG does. when i'm doing a simple face, concealer and this nice powder is all i need! i'm MAC NC20 and I wear transparent. no white sheen at all. *EDIT* i noticed that it's a little uneven on my skin and make some rough patches and looks funny.... won't buy this again :o(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2002 1:22:00 PM More reviews by I_Lightuparoom

This is my HG powder. I have transluesant, and it seals my makeup for all day wear. Its also cheap. Just wish it came w/ a puff or something.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2002 1:24:00 PM More reviews by AprilH

This is a good powder but not very accurately named IMHO. The Stay Matte name is sure to appeal to those with oily skin, but the finish is not that matte to begin with. This is really no surprise when you look at the ingredients and find petrolatum, silicone, coconut oil and mineral oil. Why Rimmel would put ingredients such as these in a mattifying powder is beyond me. If you have oily skin and are looking to control shine I would definitely skip this powder, but it is an option for dry skin types wanting to "set" their foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2002 4:45:00 PM More reviews by amber_vb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is wonderful. It's the best powder I have ever used. It covers exactly like it should and says it does. The only thing I didnt really like about it, was that it didnt come with anything to apply it with, or a mirror. But this is going to be the only powder I ever buy again.