January 26, 2015 | 933 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2007 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Xuxa13

Next to MAC blot powder, this is the best pressed powder I have ever used. I have the shade "Sandstone" and it's a perfect match for my yellow-undertoned, pale skin. It's scented but it's not a bad scent. It gets rid of the greasies and as someone else said, it doesn't sit on top of your skin, giving you that scary/cakey look. True, the packaging is a little awkward and it doesn't come with an applicator of any sort, but that's no big deal to me. I either swirl my own brush over it or use the puff that I threw in there when I bought it. I'll buy this one again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2007 10:28:00 PM More reviews by juanitaaloha

Very affordable (4-5$ CAD). I guess they make it more affordable by cutting some stuff out - this does not come with mirror nor sponge, so not the greatest product for mid-day touchups. It is a pretty good powder to set foundation though, and as a finishing powder, it does makes my pores aroung T-zone appear smaller. The texture of this product makes for a better application with a brush anyway, so I guess that's why there is no puff with it. It's decent product, and does cut down on oiliness. Still looking for a better product though, so I'll pass on buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2007 11:47:00 PM More reviews by chaachawuman

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not the best, but can hold me over until I run out. But when I do run out, I'm trying something new.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by octer

This is the best powder i have found. It has a very nice finish, is *excellent* at preventing shine, and does not BUILD UP or look chalky like most powders. It feels nice on the skin and does not irritate. It is truly a transparent color that will not add unwanted color to you complexion, and its cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2007 6:52:00 PM More reviews by razzberryjr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Stay Matte Compact Powder Foundation (in the square ivory container, with puff): This has pretty good coverage, it lasts a few hours, and I don't think it makes me break out. Sometimes I think it's a bit too matte though, and I might have bought the wrong colour because it's a bit too grey/beige for me. Oh, and I dropped the container a few times and now it won't latch closed properly, but all in all, I like this powder, and I might buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2007 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Beckie410

I am reviewing the Stay Mate "Compact Powder Foundation".....It is different then the pressed powder that is in a round compact...The compact is a square ivory container. I just happen to love this foundation though. I apply it with a buki brush and I get really good coverage. And the price is reasonable.
I use this for work and ID Bare Minerials for my evenings and weekends.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2007 7:20:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I am trying variety of DS pressed powder (from Maybelline Fresh, Revlon Color Stay, L'Oreal True Match, Cover Girl Outlast and Tru blend, etc.). I got this Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in 005 Silky Beige from Wal-Mart with about $4. I purchased this because of its low price and made in England. I heard that (via Paula's book) that this is one of the best selling DS powder in England. Anyway, this color matches my Asian medium skin tone. My face is usually oily though occasionally have dry patches (feeling better after trying Alpha Hydrox Oil Free Gel - after reading good reviews here at MUA) I also purchased Stay Matte foundation but haven't tried it yet and Wal-Martís brand, Equate Beauty Lotion with SPF 15, generic version of Olay Complete, about the same price and applied underneath. I have BE Heavenly Face brush and applied this powder over the beauty lotion. They lasted about 5 hours without getting too oily. I normally use Alpha Hydrox 10% gel underneath but now, it's very cold in DC so I skipped that. I ran some errands and had to stay out over 5 hours. My face was still matted until I got back home, and pressed with a Kleenex. My face still looked fresh the whole day, without touching up. For $4, I will purchase again.

UPDATE 2/20/07: I take off one lippie because it doesn't last long enough (i.e. it disappeared so fast!) only about 3-4 hours. I prefer Revlon ColorStay pressed powder, which CVS sometimes offers with BOGO free.

INGREDIENTS: TALC, MICA, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINERALE, PROPYLPARABEN, ZINC OXIDE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, ALOE BARBADENSIS, POLYSORBATE 20, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL
3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN [May Contain/ Peut Contenir/+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491,CI 77492, CI 77499),
ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163)].

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2007 12:38:00 PM More reviews by dionline

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ladies, this is as good a product you'll find at the price. I love the fact that I can get a great oil-controlling powder for under $5. I'm very pale so the transparent shade is a staple and I use the 005 Beige shade as a contour - now that's pale! I'm able to use this in the morning prior to applying blush but not for touch-ups throughout the day as it turns very dark on me. I need to use the white blotting powder from Laura Geller for touch-ups. No, the packaging isn't the best but again, for $5? I'll take it and buy extras, too.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2007 5:12:00 PM More reviews by 2500

This powder did nothing for me. I would put it on and me face would look exactly the same. I guess someone could use it over foundation, but i don't use any. All i wanted was for it to make my skin look a little more matte espeically in the summer, but it did not. Too bad i like Rimmel glosses

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2006 10:54:00 AM More reviews by know_everything89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using it with the liquid foundation that goes with it, and I have to say, this is the better of the two. I often wear it alone if I don't need a lot of coverage ,and even then it isn't bad about covering. It does keep me matte, not for all 6 hours, but for about four. And even though the compact STINKS the product WORKS