Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 11/28/2007 12:51:00 AM

I first received this as a GWP and I was skeptical to the brush that absolutely looked like it was nothing special, however, I have to admit this totally made over my anemic lashes into lush, defined, and (slightly) longer lashes with no clumps.

When I bought the full-sized version I was disappointed to see the the brush was no longer bent in the way the sample was, but using the full size is just as easy as the sample and I get the same results.

Overall, a really great product, and the best part is that it really has some staying power---it survived class, work, a wet foggy San Francisco night, and a nap without smudging.

Will continue to repurchase.

on 11/19/2007 6:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

It looked very nice at first (with an eyelash brush to get out the clumps) but after a few days of use it started burning and irritating my eyes. This product just didn't work for me.

on 11/11/2007 7:19:00 PM

Great mascara! It adds quite a bit of volume and length, and doesn't even clump. Definitely my new fav!

on 11/9/2007 8:19:00 PM

Good product, good for everyday use. I only needed one coat, with minimal combing and curling.

on 11/8/2007 4:59:00 PM

Buy this item if u want really really black mascara .I think the best side of this mascara is its color.this glossy and deep black gives my look dramatic effect and also u can clear it easily.

on 11/8/2007 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I got this mascara as a freebie alongside Superdefense moisturizer. Wouldn't have bought it otherwise, and I probably never will either. On a positive note, it goes on very smoothly without smudging or clumping. But then again, it's very wet and takes a long time to settle. It also flakes and smudges during the day. I prefer Clinique's Naturally Glossy mascara, which is perfect compared to this one.

on 11/7/2007 1:31:00 PM

It sucked. I got a free sample which was this one and it was awesome. when i went to get the actuall full size i was so dissapointed. never again.

on 11/5/2007 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

So I think I speak for everyone when I say that it is hard to find a really good mascara! But in my opinion this is it. You don't get too much out of the tube at one time and it's really easy to layer more on if you want more impact. It has never clumped on me and my lashes become really long. Its sooo wonderful!

on 11/5/2007 12:50:00 AM

Pros:
1. Doesn't smudge and weigh down lashes.
2. Easily removed with Fancl mild cleansing oil or Whitia perfect clear gelas compared to Maybelline XXL mascara which is tough to remove.
3. Coat lashes thick enough for volume and gives a nice curl too. Eyes do look more beautiful.

Cons:
1. It gets clumpy when applied for more than 3 times. Needs a mascara comb to get rid of excess mascara.
2. The brush is too bulky so its a bit tough to apply on tiny lashes in the front corner of the eyes.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample of this. I use it with Shiseido mascara base and I'm satisfied with the results. I think the color pigment could be a little better though. I have this in black, but I still think that the Definicils black looks better on my lashes than this. I like this though--it doesn't flake off, doesn't smudge, makes lashes dramatic. It's pretty good, just not like "Oh my god, amazing!" I'm still looking for that mascara.