November 22, 2014 | 1716 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2007 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Tularip

I got this mascara as a mini. On its own, it didn't do anything for me. The formula didn't apply to my lashes in adequate amounts. I'd have to reapply over and over again.

However, I started using this together with Max Factor Masterpiece as a second layer and I found that after I had already applied Masterpiece, the High Impact mascara went on really well and increased the overall look. I think that the qualities of the 2 mascaras (good separation and darkness) compliment each other really well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2007 12:49:00 AM More reviews by annaf99

i got this as a gift along with my other Clinique purchases! Its a really nice mascara especially for night!
It has pretty good impact and makes my lashes really stand out, even in photographs!
Only thing is you cant put to many coats on or it'll start to clump. I find i only need one coat but i always use a lash curler first.
Good product but not good enough to buy cos its not cheap!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2007 3:16:00 AM More reviews by krystalchan

this is a good mascara for a night out or when you want to look really done up. the look is not natural, but it does gives very dark adn thick lashes. good if i want to skip lining my eyes.
too bad i had an allergic reaction to this, made me teary the whole night.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by malfalfa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG mascara and I've used all the big ones. The consistency is thin, so it doesn't give you that clumpy lash look. My lashes look really long and the brush/comb is great. You can apply multiple layers and still look great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 7:32:00 PM More reviews by mellimello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty average mascara. There was nothing that really stood out about it with me. It was pretty clumpy on my lashes but it did lengthen and hold the curl on my lashes quite nicely. I used to recommend this mascara to people who want a basic mascara that does a good job at making your lashes look more full.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2007 5:36:00 PM More reviews by DirtySunshine

Current HG mascara, and I've tried at least 10 other before settling on this. Gives me the fake eyelash look that I've been looking for. Love it! Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2007 11:23:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

High impact comes in a pretty blackish green sparkly tube. I used a couple of trial sizes and loved the thickening and how easy it was to was off. But I don't think I'll buy this again because the sticky formula is heavy and my curl drops out. Plus the formula is a strange matt black has lots of fibres obviously sticking out sideways from the lashes which flake off onto cheeks in the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2007 7:54:00 PM More reviews by sixxmum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have short lashes and they are also "sparse." If I use this in combination with the clinique primer, I can almost get a decent lash going. It takes some work to get this off, and sometimes I will get flaking overnight (from the bits that didn't come off with jojoba oil). But, overall it's what I fall back on day after day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS MASCARA! And I've tried a lot of them. This one builds nice volume without clumps, doesn't flake (I live in a dry climate so this is super important), and washes off with just water (but doesn't give me raccoon eyes, ever). The Black is a basic black shade and the packaging is a nice dark green metallic color, not the ugly pastel green of a lot of Clinique products. (UPDATE: the cap cracked after several uses - so now I think a bit of air is getting into the tube)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2007 12:08:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros: Very dark black, fairly buildable, decent staying power

Cons: Not very much volume, slightly crunchy lashes

I have been loyal to my Lash Envy (Px) for its amazing volume and length, but it does tend to leave lashes bumpy & clumpy. Looking for a high volume alternative without having to use a base; this might be it, but I'll probably keep looking, including trying out my old fave Diorshow.