November 24, 2014 | 982 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2003 10:26:00 PM More reviews by klmum

i have used this product for my combination/acne prone skin. i like it because it makes your skin feel super clean without feeling super dry. the only issue i have is that it doesn't take off all my eye makeup (which is basically only mascara). i will but again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2003 2:10:00 AM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this works best if you use this with a washcloth! it gets all the makeup off completely, esp. eye makeup. Use a really soft washcloth with it, and rub it in small circles, and u'll be amazed at how soft ur skin is afterwards! i use this with aveeo skin brightening lotion afterwards, and my skin looks like it did when i was 10! healthy!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2003 12:23:00 AM More reviews by sweetcuppincakes

I have combination skin and a lot of acne but when i tried this since my mom swears by it for her sensitive skin i broke out in horrible, huge, painful zits after only using it 2 times! i threw it out and i recommend that if you have acne DON'T USE THIS

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2003 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Wendy_S

This is an "ok" product. It seems expensive at first (for a drugstore brand), but you get quite a lot of product. I wouldn't say it's bad, but I wouldn't buy it again. This is a fairly gentle cleanser and it left my skin feeling not quite clean. The packaging is functional, but not attractive.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2003 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Gatsbysgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for about a year. It has done a great job of keeping my sensitive, acne prone skin in check. Its definitely not a very glamorous product, but it is very effective. I am able to use it in the morning and again at night to remove make-up and it gets my skin clean! I love the package (bottle with pump) and I usually buy this at Target for around $6.00.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2003 12:28:00 PM More reviews by MadDKat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this after having some mild breakouts durning pregnancy, and it really has worked, it does smell odd, like cheap hairspray, but it does the trick, since purchasing it I have not had a single breakout. I use it with the cetaphil moisturizer with sunscreen. I also wash twice with it. I think it really does a good job of cleansing the second time on. It splashes clean easily, and is non drying, but still cuts out my oily issues. I will buy again and again until it stops working this way!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2003 12:59:00 AM More reviews by MrBunBUn

I have acne-prone, sensitive, and very oily skin. Since I've had severe acne since adolescence (and still in my 20s battle recurring bouts of acne!!) I have seen several dermatologists and tried many, many products. My skin has gone through the ringer folks!

Hands down, the dermatologist recommended prescription-only products are the best for fighting problem skin.

However, I think of Cetaphil as the closest to a prescription cleanser for oily skin that you can get. The maker is Galderma, who also makes my topical medication MetroCream.

My skin feels soft and clean after I use this product. I am amazed. It seriously cuts down the shine and does NOT irritate my skin. Most products that offer to cut shine either do not do so or actually overstrip my skin and irritate it, making it get red and blotchy (not attractive).

I am currently using Differin and Metrocream so maybe Cetaphil works best in tandem with prescription products? Even when I stopped using my meds temporarily Cetaphil continued to do its job.

I've used harsher exfoliators, glycolic and salicyic/"alpha hydroxy" cleansers, oatmeal bars, medicated bars, Oil of Olay, Neutrogena, L'Oreal, Dove, lots and lots of products and hands down this is the best.

I have young adult skin. As I age, it is manageable but I will still get severe break-outs if I don't watch out. The oiliness is giving way to combination skin. For my skin type, Cetaphil for normal to oily skin is the best cleanser I have ever used and the ONLY product that I will buy from now until my skin changes again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2003 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Rosalyn

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A bottle of this lasts a long time. I'm trying to use it up before buying something new. Maybe I'll start using it to clean my brushes like a previous reviewer so that I *can* try something new. ;) Decent cleansing power, non-foamy, doesn't smell too bad, didn't break me out or overdry my oily skin. Mediocre in my opinion. I don't love it enough to repurchase, but I'd use it again in a pinch.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2003 3:49:00 PM More reviews by kitkat85

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this b/c I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my MB Enzyme Cleansing Gel & I was very surprised to find that I actually like this stuff! This low-lathering gel formula has light, clean scent & cleans all my makeup up easily. It leaves my combo-oily skin feeling clean & smooth, not tight or dry. You get a generous 8 oz for a mere $4, so this is definitely going to be a staple for me :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2003 4:31:00 PM More reviews by bibi98

Too harsh for my face other than the t-zone area, not effecitve for acne either. Don't like the smell. Will use Murad's instead.