April 19, 2014 | 1689 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2003 3:08:00 PM More reviews by karibarilicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

ive used this on and off for a couple of years. i decided to come back to it because i was starting to break out again. thank goodness this cleanser is around. it's gentle enough for my sensitive skin but definitely cleans and helps get rid of those breakouts. i think i will be sticking with it this time... except during the winter when my skin gets really dry... ill go back to the original formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2003 6:27:00 PM More reviews by daisyduke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Found this to be a very gently but effective cleanser, makeup remover, has a scent to it, though not an unpleasant one. A keeper

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2003 5:30:00 AM More reviews by m_andy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After numerous recommendations (including one from a dermatologist), I decided to try this. At first, I loved it. It made my skin sooo soft, didn't irritate my sensitive skin, and was sooo cheap! Then, after about three weeks of using it, I started to get tiny skin colored bumps all over my forehead. All of my other skin products were under suspicion but i didn't even consider the cetaphil. Luckily, I read a review on another site and someone else had had the exact same reaction! I haven't touched this stuff since and my forehead is completely clear. I do suggest trying it for yourself because it seems to work for a lot of people.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2003 12:42:00 PM More reviews by samhouston

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My derm recommended this to me, and it does clean a little better than the original cleanser, however, it did not thoroughly clean all makeup off of my face. If I'm going to cleanse my face, then all makeup should be removed!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2003 10:15:00 PM More reviews by hey_itz_cath

I bought this facial cleanser because I found that Pure Zone in the winter time was too drying for my skin. It's a basic cleanser (no bells and whistles) that worked well and left my skin feeling hydrated. It doesn't foam too much (which some people require) but I didn't mind that at all. It's getting warmer now so I'm gonna switch back to my regular cleanser but I will definitely keep this around for winter time.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2003 6:25:00 PM More reviews by kitsap

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this product because I had terrible results from the regular Cetaphil cleanser and thought that perhaps this one would be better suited for my sensitive oily skin. Ouch! This stuff was incredibly HARSH! It left my face red , burning and overly dry. I threw it in the trash after one use.I also tried Cetaphil moisturizer with sun screen and it felt and looked greasy on my face even though it said "non greasy and oil free" on the bottle. I am not impressed with any Cetaphil product . Update, I rechecked the container on the moisturizer and it did NOT say "oil free", it said non greasy and non comedogenic. A dermatologist told me to use it as a sun screen for my oily, acne prone skin. What a mistake!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2003 8:22:00 PM More reviews by kariwilson86

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I was younger, I had been an on and off user of the Gentle Skin Cleanser from Cethaphil. So as I got older, I started to experience breakouts. So I decided to try the Oily Skin Cleanser (with 5% benzoyle). Compared to my other cleansers that contain (2% salicylic acid), it really did not work as well. Maybe because benzoyl doesn't work well for me, or the product itself doesn't live up to its promises. I really didn't get any results from using this. It made my skin generally soft, and wasn't to bad with oil slicks, but it still didn't help treat or prevent breakouts. It's also a bit pricy for the minimal amount of things it does for your skin. If you don't have reocurrent flare-ups, but have oily skin, this wouldn't be such a bad choice. I would use it in conjunction with the moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2003 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Laura78

I should have looked more closely when I bought this product. Why would they put CASTOR OIL in a product for oily skin?! I would wash my face in the morning and my nose would still be oily! And forget about removing makeup! I used it for a few weeks because I felt bad about wasting it, but after a horrible breakout it just had to go!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2003 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Ryce_Chick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very good cleanser for normal to oily skin because it is so gentle and non-stripping. My only beef with it has to be the HORRID smell. It smells like cheap cheap perfume and the smell is the only reason i wan't to chuck it, otherwise it would be an absoutely excellent cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2003 5:34:00 PM More reviews by another_jen_in_the_crowd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a big fan of the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser so when I read in Paula Begoun's "Don't go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me" that this really was more of an all-skin cleanser and that it removed makeup (which the GSC does not) I purchased it right away. Overall it's a good cleanser, that leaves my skin clean, fresh, and smooth, albeit a little tight. I only have a *few* complaints. It is very watery, and it easily drips into my eyes which (OUCH) hurts. The second is the smell. I nealy barfed when I took a whiff. It reminds me of Oral Phosphates Solution, a liquid laxative I had to take when I was preparing for a colonoscopy. I haven't really decided if I'm going to buy it again, but it's a decent, pretty gentle option for someone with normal-oily skin.