Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

AQUA / WATER CYCLOPENTASILOXANE GLYCERIN ISODODECANE ALCOHOL POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE HEXYL LAURATE DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE PHENOXYETHANOL ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TRISTEARIN CELLULOSE GUM NYLON-12 LIMONENE BENZYL SALICYLATE LINALOOL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER PARFUM / FRAGRANCE DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE METHYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 2/18/2003 11:50:00 AM

A really good MUA friend of mine gave me this for Christmas and it is one of my favorite foundations. Although the color LSF #4 is a tad light (I normally wear LM Moisturizing in Sunny beige/LM TM in Nude or Sand) it becomes perfect as the day wears on because foundations turn a little dark on me as they mix with the oils on my skin. Great coverage and smooth. It doesn't irritate or dry out my skin. I love it.

on 2/16/2003 9:10:00 PM

I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I was not impressed by this product. I was eager to try it when I came on vacation to Montreal and I was very prepared to purchase it at its hefty price. The SA applied it to me with the Armani foundation brush and I was shocked by the texture. I was told this foundation was very moisturizing and she used it on my dry skin (after applying the Armani foundation primer first). I was appaled to see it highlighting every single flaw on my face! It looked cakey and heavy! The only plus was that the colors were very workable.

I believe this is a gimick foundation riding on the coat-tails of the Armani brandname. It is nothing different or impressive from any other heavy coverage liquid foundation. Definitely not worth the money. Giorgio Armani should stick to clothes. continued >>

on 2/16/2003 3:32:00 AM

the colour I have is too light, i have it in number 2. it was ok when i tried it in the counter, but i guess that was because of the lighting. since the colour is too light for my skin, i looked like wearing tons of foundation when i wear it, even thouht i only use a drop. it might look nicer on me if the colour is right. i like the texture

on 2/10/2003 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use Armani's LSF when I want to look very polished, not for everyday. It does not have obvious shimmery particles, but makes the skin look luminous and perfect. I believe there are 13 shades- I wear #2 and have very fair skin. 0 is white and #1 is extremely light.

This would be great for combo skin, but dry skinned ladies will have to make sure they don't have any flakes before they apply this because the foundation will accentuate them. Also, oily-skinned girls should use a mattifier/primer under this because it can definitely go from dewy to greasy quickly if it is not maintained.

The only real drawback to the LSF is the pump. It squirts out unevenly and excess foundation gets caked up around it. There is no way to get inside the bottle so the pump must be used. It's sanitary but obnoxious.

on 2/7/2003 9:59:00 AM

This is by far the BEST foundation I have ever used, its amazing and made even my patchy red cheeks look flawless, I will never use anything else! Only rant is for the bottle, gets messy as foundation drips down when you dispense.

on 2/5/2003 10:58:00 AM

This is a good foundation, but I have to disagree with the reviews saying that it is sheer. I am used to really sheer foundations like Traceless and Becca's LSC - this is definitely heavier than that. Also, it wasn't moisturizing enough for me - it seemed to accentuate any dryness that I had, even though I used moisturizer first. I would use this for special occasions because it does leave a flawless smooth finish, but definitely not for a "no-makeup" look.

on 1/29/2003 2:21:00 AM

Wow, i can't believe i'm the 60th person to review this foundation. Bless Saks for being generous about samples of this. And why wouldn't they, it's a great foundation, they're bound to hook a great many people. I have combo, uneven skin w/ noticably large pores. Doesn't sound too pretty huh. Well it ain't. It's my skin curse and it makes me a foundation ho. I have to have silicone in my foundation. This one's got it. However, i usually like a little more coverage. I'd say this is sheer. On the other hand, it has such a great sink in quality that i am drawn to it from time to time for a more natural look. I use #6 which is the oddest colour on the planet. THat's good news, so am i. It's practically green. Awesome. STill, my combo skin might not work well w/ this and the foundation turns a little greasy now and then. I will wear it on dry days. Great for drier gals. I give it a 4. No wait, lemme give it a 5, it truly is an exceptional product. I live Versace's Better.

on 1/28/2003 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! It didn't break my sensitive skin out (though I've heard this can break people out!) and is easy to apply and blend, giving you a smooth finish. It comes in a hygenic, easy-to-use pump bottle and I find one little pump is slightly more than enough especially cos' it gives medium coverage but yet it does not ever look mask-like. No SPF or specific oil-control in this product. It doesn't make me too oily/shiny though but I do use a good oil-control loose powder, maybe that is why. Some may also find that the regulating the pump can sometimes mess up around the nozzle but minor issue to me, given how this foundation works for me!
This foundation gives me a natural, clean, my-skin-but-better look, helping me achieve a flawless complexion that is smooth and velvety to look and touch. Excellent coverage that doesn't look cakey or mask-like, so natural and flawless! As many thumbs up on this as possible! :)
ETA: I bought 6 at first but it turned to be waaay too yellow/ashy looking on me. I'm 5.5 now! 5 is a bit too yellow.

Very easy to blend, stays on well, nice packaging, what more can I say, this product is amazing and highly recommended.

on 1/18/2003 7:55:00 PM

One of my favourites. Fantastic finish. Leaves skin with an immaculate, delicate and pretty appearance. Wonderful.

Video Reviews & Tutorials