Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 8/12/2003 10:54:00 AM

I find this to be heavy and filled with silicone. Has that funky "low tide" smell & feels greasy on. The look is shiny & mask-like even with a very light-handed application. I bought this after all the raves & never use it...a total disappointment, at least for me...

on 8/12/2003 4:49:00 AM

I'm still waiting on more color samples of this (haven't found a color match yet) but based on the samples I have tried, I really like the finish and the way it applies, smooth and easy. After having used Becca stick and KA SSE, I was in serious need of a foundation that goes on quick (those two are really time consuming IMO). This definitely goes on quick, and doesn't require that much blending at all. Coverage is medium. I really hope I can find a color match!

on 8/8/2003 2:13:00 AM

While I love GA's LSF - I love the way it covers, how "skin-like" it looks, I don't like that it gets really greasy after awhile. It seems like no matter how much powder I apply, I end up looking shiny and dirty as the day wears. However, this is the BEST foundation I've tried to date, it gets full marks in my book!

on 7/26/2003 3:30:00 AM

Convenient pump bottle which can be difficult to manipulate especially if you need only 1-2 drops per application. Beautiful foundation - sheer coverage, luminous dewy finish as promised, but did not hold up to a full day, "separating" at about 10-12 hours after application. This is reasonable, but at that price I'd expect it not to budge, especially in winter and I don't have particularly oily skin. Also lack of SPF takes points off. It's hard to apply with fingers as it dries relatively quickly, and it doesn't wash off a sponge easily so you have to use a new one almost every time, not to mention wasting product. Great color match in #4. I swapped mine away since I found my HG in VLWC creme beige for winter and Mirenesse emulsion pact SPF 25+ in Vanilla silk for summer.

on 7/20/2003 6:15:00 AM

This is the best foundation ever....I used to love Chantecaille so I stocked up on it...After this, I'm not sure what I would do with my other Chantecaille. This is truly the Holy Grail!!!!yay! EDIT: After trying #6 for a few days which for some reason looked really green on my MMM skin, I have decided to try #5.5 which was definitely a better match...Warning: for those interested in trying #6 make sure you get a sample because I really think it has green undertones on it.

on 6/20/2003 1:03:00 PM

I stayed away for too long! Surprisingly, having Armani at the Bellagio which is just down the street, doesn't get me in there often enough. When I finally had the time and inclination to go, I checked out the Bronze summer stuff, decidedly purchased the creme blush and two lip glosses and while waiting for them to ring up the purchases, finally decided to try out the LSF.

Oh, I'd read/heard a multitude of raves and well, liking other Armani cosmetic products, believed them. It's just that with Vegas heat, I can't stand anything on my face other than blush, eyeshadow and lipstick (of course, the barest minimal amount of moisturizer and sunblock). So. I'm not a foundation girl, and really, I don't feel the need for it most of the time.

A few samples of #7 and #8 later, I'm in awe and in shock of it's effect! It's beautiful, smooth, silky and did I say beautiful? It truly evens out the skin tone, primes and makes a wonderful canvas of your face before the paints go on.

Well, I'm not a true convert yet. I don't think I'll be wearing LSF on a daily basis - it seems more appropriate for occassions, but it really is lovely. LSF #7 and Fluid Sheer #3 have shot to the top of my list, while Becca goes down, burning.

on 6/20/2003 4:43:00 AM

Pretty slick packaging for a foundation. Love the looks and the pump dispenser.
I got this in LSF#5 which fits fine, although it may be a little too dark on extra pale days but otherwise, I think it fits me perfectly. Love the way it looks sheer yet it's buildable. Gives great coverage despite the sheerness and the glow and radiance is unbelievable! At my age, anything that gives great glow and radiance is a HUGE BONUS! However since it goes on so evenly and looks so un-cakey and natural despite layering, it's easy to go overboard and apply too much. I really like this foundation. Until now, I haven't really found a foundation that I actually ENJOY APPLYING! I do have oily skin though so I need to blot quite often. Funnily enough, because I have combo-oily skin, I prefer LUMINOUS finishes so that when my OILY areas shine, the Contrast isn't so great and noticeable to the DRIER and therefore MATTE areas of my face.

on 6/19/2003 11:20:00 PM

I know everybody loves this foundation and I really wanted to too but unfortunately it made my skin look blotchy and it comes off too easily for my needs.

I tend to go for more "Stay Put" foundations.

on 6/19/2003 12:19:00 PM

I just recebtly started wearing foundation for fun. I have this in 4.5 [Becca Cashmere]which is a little more peachy than the 4. Using this over their Luminous Make up Base SPF13 primer, applied with a wet sponge gives the most gorgeous finish I've EVER had. You only need a little and the pump is so handy for that. If you buy no other foundation, get this one!! Available at Saks.

on 6/19/2003 10:53:00 AM

This is a great foundation for dryer skin. Complexion appears flawless (if applied w/foundation brush you can purchase). But, it is a heavier foundation and would not recommend it for the summertime. Tends to get oily. Do not like the packaging becuz you cannot open the bottle and probably wind up throwing out alot.

Video Reviews & Tutorials