November 27, 2014 | 983 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2002 12:07:00 AM More reviews by pnlaw

I finally got myself this foundation after reading so many raves! The colour I got is #8 which is a little off (I got someone to get it for me so I didn't try it on). I also got a sample for #7 and I think I am between #7 and #8. I still like it a lot though. It's thin and covers well. I also like the pump design because contamination is minimised. I do agree that it can be quite difficult to control the amount sometimes as I tend to get too much out. This has very little oil-control properties so my combi skin will get oily after about 3-4 hours which is quite a drawback. I'd really love it if I got a shade that matches my skin tone perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2002 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Marbela

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First, the good. This foundation goes on so smoothly because of the silicone- a little goes a long way. It covers nicely but isn't cakey in the least. It leaves a dewy finish that isn't shimmery or greasy, just dewy and glowy. I wear #2 and am a Stila B/BB Warm Ivory-- the numbering starts at 0, which is white. My two problems with it are 1) The pump. It's great to be sanitary but difficult to control. One pump is a little too much for my face, but it's hard to do half a pump so I always end up wasting that last bit. It gets messy around the pump because it doesn't squirt out, just sort of down. Second, if I don't blot, I am quite oily at the end of the day. This is inevitable with my skin, but this foundation seems to make it happen more quickly. Overall, this is a wonderful foundation that I use when i'm going out for a little extra something.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2002 5:29:00 PM More reviews by DawnD

I read all the great reviews about this product but could never find it in any of the stores around me. On my honeymoon in Paris, I went to a Sephora and I was so happy to finally be able to try this on. I tried on shade #5, which is neutral-toned and it really blended into my skin well. It was a definite keeper, so I bought it. I really am loving it so far...I have pretty dry skin though except for my nose, which I need to blot throughout the day. Overall, this is my favorite foundation except for the pump dispenser and for it's unavailability in my area (orange county, calif.).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2002 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Kandi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My holy Grail Found. i bought Luminous Silk Foudation in three colors since it was by phone order from San Francisco Saks(Odette is fantastic , she was helpful and included samples).I ordered #1 which looks almost white, #2 perfect for PPP and #3 slightly darkerthan #2. The comsistemcy is more like a cream gel. i first used the#1 and it litteraly melts into my skin. It does give sheer coverage, not just a primer or highlight effect, since it doesnt just sit atop your skin it really does even out your complexion as well as skintone.i have few small scars and they couldnt be seen anymore. Remember , this color is almost white. I found after appluing it i liked it as a base since it will make ou look like you have beautiful skin and arent wearing any make up at all. nNxt, i tried #2 by itself. It is so easy to apply with the gel like texture. Its yeallow based and actually looks like real womens skin. No pink or orange at all.It does go on sheer but the best thing is you can layer it till you get just what you want. i like falwless myself.Every foundation i ever wore before dries quickly and you cant apply more wihtout it looking blotchy. With LSF, you can apply more where you want or a second layer for evening or just more coverage. As for luminousity,my face looked incredble, not shiny and not shimmery rather, just like it had a natural radiance. natural is the key setting it apart from others that claim to do the same things. it will make your face look absolutely perfect wihtout being obvious.I had second and third degree faciual burns as a teenager and i still have few reddish areas. I have become very frustrated searching for a foundation that has full coverage,isnt oily and makes me look like i have a good complexion. The first day i wore LSF #2, a woman stopped me and complimented me on my beautiful skin.i said it was the make iup and she didnt belive me.That is what this foundation does. It is a whole new product. It silicone and gel like texture combined with perfect colors set it aaprt from anything out there. i love the ability to go sheer and then hours later apply a second coat. Also, dont be afraid of th#1 being to light. Its beautiful alone for a natural look and under another color will give you a custom color and a highlight effect if you addit ;ater on the nose or brow bones. Mostly, i will never use another foiundation again. Why would I? I still cant beleive I can look like i have a good complexion again after the burn but to use this and look as thought I have just beautiful skin, is amzing to me.Its priced about $42 and a litlle goes a long way in the pump bottle,i still have quite a bit left after 2 months so the price isnt too bad.To me, its priceless.PS, no i dont work for Armani, i juust gave up on good skin after the burn(discoloration is mostly all thats left fortunately) and this foundation made me look like i always wished i could and i am certainly not too skilled in applying so i imagine others will look beyond flawless.I would buy this again defiantely.Rating 5+.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2002 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just got this in a swap... and I love it. I expected it to make me look really glowy, but it doesn't. It gives more of a very natural finish. It is a very light, sheer finish, but it really makes my skin look nice and polished, and it feels very weightless. Let it sit for a few minutes, then it sort of settles in. When I first used it, I didn't like it, but in a few minutes it looked lovely! I hate the pump, so difficult to control, and it can splatter a bit! One pump is more than I need. I pump some in an old Sephora sample jar and use what's in there, so I don't waste. An Armani beauty counter is opening up near me soon, I am so excited!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2002 5:19:00 AM More reviews by LadyChristine

Feels like you have nothing on your face even though it provides at least medium coverage (fully covers redness but does not hide blemishes). I read another review for this product and it said this product is depositing pure pigment on your skin. the fourth ingredient is alcohol and when you apply this product, it feels like the liquid evaporates and just the coverage is left. The finish that is left is natural-skin finish (not matte, not dewy). Over the day, however, my normal to combination skin grows more dewy and blotting usually becomes necessary. The foundation does have great staying power (still looks good after 10 hours), but i still would not recommend it for oily skin types.

My skin looks naturally flawless and glowing with this stuff on and it is one of the FEW foundations that i have come across that does not irritate or break out my ultra-sensitive acne-prone combination skin. One gripe I have about the product is that it does have a tendancy to emphasize flakes on my cheeks and sink into the pores on my nose. Overall it is a small price to pay for a nice foundation that does not irritate or break me out. I'm somewhere between #4 (light warm yellow shade) and #5 (a cool buff). #4 is a bit too yellow for me and #5 a bit too dark.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2002 6:56:00 AM More reviews by bastet

This is a great medium coverage foundation for most skin-types (maybe not for the VERY oily ones though)that evens out and covers flaws really well. I own shade #1 which is almost too light for my pale skin (Stila "a", MAC NC15). The LSF is very long-lasting and easy to spread with fingers/ brush/ sponge. There are two small drawbacks: 1) It contains light-reflecting particles which are a bit obvious on bright summer days. 2) It's hard to control the amount you get with the pump dispenser. You need only so little to cover your whole face that one pump is almost too much for one application. All in all this is my favourite foundation if my skin has to look perfect for evenings out.

UPDATE: I now have #2, too. This is only slightly darker and suits my skin very well- I was very surprised that this shade is non-shimmery unlike #1, so if you didn't like #1 give #2 a try! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2002 6:54:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Giorgio Armani foundation is expensive but worth it. I don't care for the pump as it is difficult to control the amount that comes out of the bottle. I am going to switch this foundation to a completely different bottle. I love the sheerness and the texture of this foundation. I love that their is no scent. All in all I think this is an excellent product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2002 2:24:00 AM More reviews by MusesX9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Generally, I really, really like this foundation. My only complaints are that I wish there was a better color range available and the price - ay-ay-ay! However,
the foundation is highly pigmented (reminded me of Laura Mercier's in this sense). And, it left behind a nice, natural finish. As flawless as I've seen in a while (believe me, I'm always looking!). My biggest complaint (aside from the $)is with the pump. It squirts out too much so it can be tricky. However, it's worth a try and I do recommend it--if you can find a good color match. I am usually a MAC NC35 and found that the 5 was right on. However, living in S. FLA I tend to get some sun (even though I am religious about sunscreen!) so I found that the 6 is a perfect fit.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2002 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Superjess57

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is so smooth and isn't to thick. It has a pump so its not exposed to air or bacteria. I love the way it goes on. It makes my face look great!! I love this stuff!