Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

Gorgeous, like liquid skin, this gives a beautiful, natural finish and blends like a dream. I use #6 in winter and 6.5 in summer and am just over the moon with it! Not over the moon with the price though which is almost $80AU!

I have this in #7 and absolutely love it! It is expensive but really works well. I have pretty good skin so I usually mix this with some lotion and put it on as a sheerer coverage and it looks so natural. Really evens out my skin tone without looking cakey. Definitely would recommend!

I have been using this foundation for almost a year now and have about 1/4 left...for a while there I was using this foundation every day, 1 pump covers the entire face so this foundation has lasted a long time.

The finish is incredibly natural, ppl don't even think I am wearing make up! I love this foundation and have already repurchased another!

Ack! finally figured out what was breaking me out bad! This stuff breaks me out everytime I use it and I haven't changed anything else in my routine. I only loved the dewy look for a minute so I quickly returned this. It's pretty, has good coverage, moisturizing and luminious but not worth the money. La Mer and Laura Mercier is much better! IMO

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this foundation. It is light and blends smoothly onto my face. I don't even feel like I am wearing any foundation! It is non-greasy and I find that at the end of the day my face does not need blotting as much as it does with other products I have used. Additionally I find that one small pump of liquid allows enough coverage for my entire face. The only drawback is the pump dispenser.

My skin type; Dry.

Pros;
Very nice, natural looking coverage, that comes in a pump dispenser. 1 ounce/30ml.

Cons;
Fragranced, with an opaque bottle, which makes it impossible to tell how much product remains.

It didn't blend well on my dry skin. If my skin wasn't very balanced, it would emphasize my dry areas. However, on the areas with minimal or no dryness, (or on the days my skin cooperated) this product looked amazing. I really loved it.

I don't think I would purchase this again, I have a full bottle, and at the rate I use it, it will last forever.

Price is a bit high, but would only be worth it if I didn't have to worry about "blendability".

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I used to use Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in Shade #6. Btw, I am a Stila D/E. Upon application, this foundation was silky and smooth. It felt very nice on. But, after a few hours, I was an oil slick! Yuck! :P This is not the best choice for oily skinned gals like me(they didn't have Matte Silk when I first bought this). The good thing is that it didn;t break me out and I have vvery acne prone skin. But, the color was "off". I had a slightly greyish/ashy cast on my face. So, I swapped my $48 bottle of LSF away.

I have mild rosacea. I tried #05 at GA counter. Result: Flaky, flaky & flaky. I didn't even notice the flakes before i tried the product. The foundation made them very obvious. My face was just horrible after I put the foundation on. If you have dry flaky skin, save your money and buy a more moisturizing foundation elsewhere!

I have this in #0... which is white. The texture of this shade is much more like a Fluid Sheer than the average LSF formulation. It's much much sheerer, with zero shimmer. It's perfect for my skintone. I actually use this product as a PPP's alternative to a tinted moisturiser! It's so light and sheer, that just a light dusting of loose powder over the top creates a very natural, light coverage. Alternatively, I use this LSF as a primer and apply Armani's Silk Powder Foundation over the top (using BB's kabuki brush). Either way... this is gawjus. It applies SO smoothly and lightly.

I love this foundation! I am *so* glad I purchased this! I had been using my KA SSE until I found this baby! While I do love the KA, I wanted something that was easier to apply and that could be done in seconds, also was looking for something in a fluid as opposed to solid form. Originally I went to the Saks (NYC) counter looking for the MSF (oily/combo/acne prone) but I met a very helpful SA who convinced me otherwise! I had been set on the MSF but was told I would get more coverage with the LSF than with the MSF, which was actually more sheer. Plus, I couldn't find a good color match because they don't offer as many choices in the MSF. So I looked at the LSF and wow! Perfect match! And the finish is amazing, so so silky! The LSF is also oil-free and I've been using for about 3 weeks already with no skin problems at all- in fact, my skin looks great! :-) I wore this in Panama on vacation in high humidity and 90 degree weather and this stayed put! It looks so natural too which I love, actually lets your skin show through! Also, this leaves my skin with a pretty darned matte finish. Not a noticeable pasty dry faced matte, but a real nice non-oily look that just makes my skin look perfect! It's pretty long lasting too, best makeup buy I've had in a while. My only gripe about this is the container which is in a pump bottle. The pump is first off, hard to pump, and so it's hard to get only a small amount out of there. Usually I end up with enough for 3/4 of my face with one slight pump, and though I try to only do a half-pump it doesn't usually work. According to the SA they will be changing the containers this year-thankfully! Wish it had been sooner though! Oh and I'm a GGG with yellow undertones and found the #7 to be a perfect match!