September 17, 2014 | 1301 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased the 'fair' shade and long story short this product was a disaster from the first application. The colour was way too dark with strong pinky-peach undertone for my complexion (for reference I'm a MAC NC15) and felt heavy, greasy, and uncomfortable on my skin despite the minimal sheer coverage provided. Returned it immediately.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by PinkAnya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let's start by stating that i have an oily, acne-prone skin. I am a Mac's NC15 so i bought the lightest shade (only 3 shades available : light, medium and dark).
-color wise, the lightest shade is still way too dark, even for an NC25.
-the texture feels a bit heavy for a BB cream. It is also very greasy when applied on first. It definetly needs setting with a powder. I tried not to set it to see if the mattifiyng claims were verified: bad idea, i was nearly dripping with oils after an hour. The second time, i did set it with a transluscent powder: better but i was still ridiculously greasy after 3 to 4 hours.
-the positive point is that your skin does feel moisturized all day long.
-About concealing zits or red spots, i doesn't do much. It does even out the skin tone but you'll still need a regular concealer to hide any problem areas.
Overall not a good product for the claims and the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by NaturallyNolaBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bout this for about $8 at CVS . I'm a NC42 in MAC and a my shade is Toast in Revlon Color Stay. The shade I bought was Medium Deep. It matches perfectly. I would say that it does just BLUR imperfections. The coverage is very light. It doesn't have a smell which I love. I have combination skin (mostly dry) skin so it acts well as a moisturizer . It isn't thick at all. The wear time for me was about 6 hours. I didn't not use any primer, setting sprays or powders. I think this is a good product for someone who just wants something to even out skin tone and who has dry skin. If you are oil I think this will make it worse. If you need coverage, this is not the product for you. I would buy it again if it was cheaper, to wear when I'm just going out to the store but not for $8.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by xothislove

The product doesn't offer any coverage at all. I know it's a 'BB cream', but the only difference I see, is that my skin looks more yellow.

I'm very fair with freckles, and this just doesn't do much. I own the light shade, and its still too yellow on my skin. I do like the consistancy and the lightness though.

I most likely wont re-purchase. I like the covergirl smoothers better. More shades, and basically does the same thing for a cheaper price.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by suukyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The smell is terrible and won't go away for a while.
The product isn't too moisturizing if one has dry/normal skin.
The lightest shade does match my face pretty well, but I don't know if it's because these's NO coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by faeriegirl0707

I really like this, it is light and feels great on my skin and it lasts. I would definately repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2012 5:50:00 AM More reviews by vintagy

I had high hopes for this product, but unfortunately I find it way too sheer for my liking. When I put it on, it looks exactly the same as before. I have to use a lot of product and blending to build it to a light coverage. However, the shade light-medium matches my summer skin perfectly (but would be too dark for my winter skin), and I like that its moisturizing and has a SPF 30 (though I've heard the titanium oxide content is not enough to warrant a SPF 30 label), but whats the point of using this if it looks like I just put regular moisturizer on? I don't have huge issues with acne or anything, I just like something to even out my skin tone but it doesn't do even that for me.. it might be too early to say too much since I've only used it once but those are my initial impressions. Will try it out and give it a second chance, but will definitely not be repurchasing. I will go back to my Too Faced BB cream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

I am obsessed with this stuff! This is the first bb cream I have ever tried and, although I realize it is not a "true" bb cream, I really love it. It makes my skin look fresh, healthy, glowy, radiant... all that good stuff. And it looks like SKIN.. not makeup, which I love. It is very sheer so I would not recommend this for people that have alot they want to cover but if you're like me, and you want to even out your skin tone while looking natural, this bb cream is amazing! I like to put a thin layer of my Bare Minerals Original foundation over this because my skin is a bit on the oily side and this lasts pretty well all day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I paid $8 for this so the price is relatively cheap for a BB cream, since the Garnier version is around $15. I use shade medium deep for my NC 35 tanned asian skin. The medium deep is a warm yellow-toned color which is a great color match if you are in that range of tones because it blends really well. I have normal combination skin but I have to be careful applying this because it easily makes my skin look oily. I don't mind the dewey look but other people commented that I have oily skin when I wear this. I use this like a tinted moisturizer and rub a dime size amount between my fingers before applying it lightly with the ends of my fingers on my face (just like I were applying a lotion). The lasting power is great and lasts me until the evening.

This has medium coverage which I love because I can skip concealer and this fixes skin discoloration around my nose and eyes. As others have said, this feels more like a tinted moisturizer than a bb cream. I suspect this may be clogging my pores though because I have developed tiny bumps since using this. In summary, this is easy and quick to apply for days when you do not have time to spare for makeup application. However, this does not replace regular cream/liquid foundation for me because of the oily finish.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by crf

For this price, this product is amazing. It's a primer, sunscreen, moisturizer, and it's tinted. It can be the only thing you use on your face. If have aging from the sun that requires coverage, then just this product alone will not work. I love the price. I am not willing to pay the outrageous costs for fancier brands that have basically the same basic ingredients.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No