December 18, 2014 | 1681 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by TheGoodSwan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I had relatively low expectations for these, as I usually do not care for Maybelline items. However, I was dying to try them! I am a sucker for colored balms...and cute packaging (very 80s - brightly colored with graffiti-like writing). It took me weeks to actually get my hot little hands on them... Every time I looked for them they were always sold out. Anyway, I finally found them. I bought 5 of the 6...all 'flavors' but Quenched. I skipped it, because it is clear and I was buying Peppermint - and IT is clear.

And...now for the reviews...

So far, Peach Kiss is my favorite. It has a faint peachy scent...sort of like a Jolly Rancher or a gummy of some kind. (I like that the scents on these are NOT overpowering.) Peach Kiss is a fairly pale, semi-frosted (silvery?) peach shade. It doesn't give a lot of color payoff, but I tend to like that. I don't always have a lot of time to do my face in the morning, so this is a really effortless way to add some polish to my lips. It is subtle and pretty.

Cherry Me is my second favorite. It has a super yummy cherry scent. Again, the scent reminds me of a cherry Jolly Rancher. The color is a pretty stain that really just enhances my natural lip color. You can add extra coats for more concentrated color. I like having the option to leave it very sheer, personally.

Pink Punch is PINK. Very, very pink. After just a light coat I think it is great, but adding more layers of this can be SCARY. This particular flavor of Baby Lips is more opaque than the others. Right now, the weather is SO frigid, I can't imagine wearing such a springy shade. I think this color will get more wear in the warmer months. The scent...is like fruit punch. Yum.

Grape Vine is a sheer purple. It is probably the most sheer of them all. I actually dig that, because I can't imagine that it would get much play (from me, anyway) if it were heavier.

Peppermint... Well, it is clear. Shiny. Smells like peppermint...faintly. These is no shimmer. This just adds a bit of shine. Nothing else to say... :)

All of these have SPF. I know some people don't care for that in their balms (because it has an off-putting flavor/scent), but I am always thankful for any extra sun protection. I will say that these DO have an odd taste. Personally, I don't find it to be enough of a problem to not use these...and it won't keep me from repurchasing. All in all....I am pleasantly surprised by these. I have actually already purchased backups of the Peach Kiss, Cherry Me and Peppermint. To be honest, I will probably pick up Quenched, as well - so I have a proper set. :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by misseta741

I finally got Baby Lips!! I saw the commercial and had to have it. I bought fruit punch which isn't bad if you like your lips a hot pink color. It definitely makes my lips feel so much softer and smells pretty good, a little faint, but definitely good. The only thing that disappointed my was the SPF 20. I don't know about anyone else, but I can always taste the SPF in my lip balm, I hope it's only this kind because I love how it makes my lips soo soft! I'll probably buy another one to see if I can taste the SPF, but I still love the the product and love the name and font!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by jeaniekadinee

I bought the peppermint tube. I've been using this for about a few days now and I really like it. My lips are always dry and always getting chapped. When I put the balm on it feels nice and creamy and smells really nice. It's not a strong peppermint smell...very subtle. So far my lips have not been chapped or dry since using this. I like it so much I went online and bought another peppermint, quenched and grape vine.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by BooBear27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this stuff it is amazing!!! It works great and makes your lips so soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by HoneyBlunts33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Quenched, and I love it more than I love my grandmother. The smell is nice but not strong, and I find myself applying it when I don't need it just to smell it. The balm itself is about as good as it gets with consistencey to me, and it's pretty good at moisturizing, too. Bonus points for the 20 SPF; I just wish it wasn't such a campy looking product. I prefer the discreet but I shouldn't complain.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by vanillabeann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG!!!! I love this product. I got it in Pink Punch today and I love it!!!! Definitly buying this again. It's smooth anf creamy. The color is perfect.I<3BABYLIPS :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by elle1517

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not sure why everyone is knocking Peach Kiss!

I just bought this the other day and it is the most beautiful color. My lips are naturally more red and I've always been on the hunt for the perfect lip color to tone down it down. This is definitely it. The color that Peach Kiss gives me is the exact color I've been searching for. It is a beautiful, soft pinkish-peach color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The more I wear these, the more I like them. I bought Peach Kiss first and I'm not really crazy about it. Its a little gritty because of the shimmer and the color makes my lips look frosty. However, I recently purchased Grape Vine and Cherry Me and they are infinitely better. Subtle, sheer color, nice scent, and moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Chibi12

This is a great lip balm, I love the smell and taste and leaves my lips really soft. Now, I buy mine from Hong Kong, and here, the baby lips are just lip balms and cost about 1.50GBP. I know from watching a load of you tube vids that the baby lips are actually tinted in other countries but in Hong Kong, they are not so can't really comment on colour! So for the price, it makes an excellent lip balm.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by jennifa55

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in cherry baby. This is just okay for me. I mainly wear it at home but probably won't be wearing it out because in my opinion it looks cheap. It feels ok but I haven't noticed my lips getting less dry or chapped from using it.