October 20, 2014 | 1924 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by OhSoVexingVirgo

I bought this because my lips were a little dry, and I happened to see a new display of them out on the counter. I remembered seeing the commercials for it and Maybelline has always been a brand I've known and trusted.

I didn't care too much for the packaging, but if the product worked well I could get past that, but it was a complete flop.

It went on thick and extremely waxy, and yet it seemed to wear off in no time. But then again maybe it only seemed that way because it didn't moisturize or hydrate my lips at all as it claimed it would, it literally seemed to suck any moisture I might have had in the skin on my lips out, because I went from my lips being a little dry to being totally chapped and cracked.

I would not buy this again or recommend it..

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by manitoban3

Sorry, big fail for me. Bought Peach Kiss on sale at Superstore today for $4 CAN. Nice peachy color, slightly shimmery in the tube, smells GREAT and goes on nice and smooth! However, no color or shine at all on the lips, very strong sunscreen taste and believe it or not, I found this to rapidly dry out my lips (within thirty minutes...) Will not be purchasing again and in fact, I am going to email Maybellline right now... AVOID.
ps. The packaging is really juvenile , but I thought I could over look that based on so many rave reviews... not.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by daylights

I bought this product in clear peppermint (it was the only one left).

I am a lip balm hoarder, but this is my absolute favourite lip balm! I am a notorious lip biter/peeler (really bad habit!) and this balm got rid of my cracked lips and loose skin. My lips look flawless - very smooth and soft. I no longer bite or peel my lips :) I am very happy.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Alison20

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I heard people rave about these and saw empty displays at stores. I bought 3 when I could finally find them in stock ( the clear, pink & purple). They are just ok. I wouldn't purchase them again. I don't think they work better than any other balm. The purple/grape one gives lips a nice color. I've gotten compliments on that one. The pink is a horrible bright bubble gum pink that I would never wear in public. It came in a double pack with the clear, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by c0c0delor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like most of the product consumers, I bought Baby Lips Quench (the blue with pink writing) after seeing the commercial. I should have read the reviews before buying the lip balm. The lip balm did make my lips feel soft after a few uses. But overall, it is not my favorite. It has a waxy, oily feel to it. My lips actually feel drier after applying the balm. The taste is nasty. I'll be sticking with Burt's Bees.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought two Baby Lips because I saw the commercials, and I really liked the cool packaging. Unfortunately, I was really disappointed in them. I bought Pink Punch and Quenched. They have an SPF of 15, and I can taste an aftertaste of sunscreen. They feel greasy when I apply them and definitely don't last the 8 hours the company claims they do. And the color of Pink Punch was really opaque, like those tinted zinc oxide sunblocks lifeguards wear. They also left my lips feeling dry. I think it's safe to say I won't be buying Baby Lips again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by lpiao

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in the cherry one, the pigmentation on this is about mediun. It's got a glossy finish. It is ok for moisturizing. I have very dry lips so I didn't expect too much from it. It didn't make my lips peel. The reason i give this 3 lippies is because i can't stand the way it smells. It is a cheap cherry scent. Has a bit of an artificial tasre. It bleeds, and it is difficult to get it even on the lips. So overall, i would use it ul but i would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by lovedrunk

I was tempted to buy this because of the reviews although I was a little skeptical. I'm not going to say this is the most amazing lip balm ever but it's pretty good! I bought this in the pink punch color as I thought it would be pigmented and it looked like a pretty color. The balm goes on relatively smoothly and made my lips look super glossy. As far as the color goes, it made my lips look like there was a tint of pink, which I really like. The staying power is average but it is pretty moisturizing. It smells AMAZING. I love how fragrant it is and I would really like to buy this in another color.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by lyly314454

Wont purchase it again. I dont really understand why those lips balm are supposed to be wonderful, but I dont like them very much. I got the Pink Punch and Cherry Me. I like cherry me the most, the color is not fake and it looks good on my lips. But Pink Punch is just awful for me..a very fake color , I look like a doll when I wear this..anyway, I regret buying this product. They are mosturizing, but not that much.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by BuffaloHockeyGirl

Let me start off by saying that I loved this product at first.
Maybelline and I have a pretty good relationship, I love their eyestudio liners and mascaras. I thought they were about to establish themselves as a go-to drugstore makeup for me.

Now I bought these only 8 days ago. Not a long time, but then again I think some people write reviews in less than a couple days. I purchased Peach Kiss and Pink Punch, and I was initially pretty smitten. I love nude lips, I know some people on here do not but I actually like that concealer lip look and I found Peach Kiss to be a subtle, shimmery nude lip. Pink Punch was a pretty opaque pink considering this is a lip balm. I loved the packaging and the fruity scents.

I came on here a few days ago and I was surprised to find some horrible reviews on Baby Lips, lots of people claimed they dried their lips out. I wasn't super impressed with their moisturizing effect, but I didn't think they dried my lips... Untill today when I woke up with a friggin cold sore. Now, I get cold sores rather frequently and if you do not get them, bless your lucky stars because they totally suck. I've had them since longer than I can remember. They definitely started before the age of 10. Cold sores can be caused by lots of things, too much stress, too much sun, too much cold and even dry lips... I'm not going to say that Baby Lips gave me a cold sore, but they by no means gave me any "baby lips" or "the lips I was born with." Could they have contributed? I think it's possible. Maybe my lips are just not used to them and with time they will not cause any outbreaks, but I'm not so sure I want to try, to be honest.

Maybe they will make a nice cold sore concealing lip product.