Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.6

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Maybelline Baby Lips is a moisturizing lip balm with SPF 20. Maybelline gives a lot of facts and figures for this balm, so I'll list them here:
-82% saw visibly less dry lips.
- 94% saw less rough lips
-77% saw more supple lips
-77& saw better looking lips.
I'm not sure what scale of lip roughness Maybelline based this on. Either way these figures are based off of four weeks of use. Maybelline makes this product in the USA. Unfortunately they do test on animals, so factor that in when choosing whether or not to use their products. I purchased this balm at Rite Aid for for $3.49 for 4.4g or .15 oz. I purchased the shade Pink Punch. I believe Maybelline offers 7 or 8 shades in this line. I believe this lip balm started the trend of lipstick/lip balm hybrids that's currently super popular right now.
The opinion on Baby Lips' packaging varies. Some think its adorable and modern. Others find it juvenile and tacky. Personally I like it, I think it suits the playful nature of the product. I mean it's called Baby Lips, can you really expect it to have some sort of sleek, metallic packaging? Frankly, I think Maybelline could've made the packaging for their Dream Bouncy Blushes more similar to this.
Packaging for Pink Punch is a pink twist up tube with a clear cap with big, bold yellow letters that spell out the name of the product. It's a dynamic and eye catching color combo.
Maybelline gives you 4 grams of product. That's tons! Scroll it up, and the stick of balm is nearly two inches tall. For the 6 or so weeks I've had this product, and I've been using it a lot, I've barely made a dent in the product, so one Baby Lips will last you a good while. Value Win.
You know what else is a win about Baby Lips? The texture. It's the perfect texture for a balm. A little bit greasy, but in a good way. On the lips it feels so silky and comfortable. Because of of how silky Baby Lips is,it applies very easily. It glides right on with no effort at all.
The color of Pink Punch is really cute. A bright, yellow pink with a sheer, satiny finish. Though this balm is sheer, it is buildable, and Pink Punch can be layered, and becomes a bright, light pink. Honestly, when layered, I think Pink Punch has a little better color way off than my Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter.
Wear time for this balm is ok. I get about half an hour to 40 minutes of glossiness, and about two hours of color and moisture. Good for a balm, much better than a chapstick. Not quite as long lasting as a Revlon Lip Butter though.
So does Maybelline Baby Lips really have clinical strength moisturizers that give you better looking, more supple lips? Yes. After using my Color Burst Lip Butter for a while, my lips became intensely chapped, dry, and painful, and within two days of using this balm, my lips started to heal. Within 5 days my lips were near completely healed. It was kinda amazing. My lips feel much smoother and deeply moisturized, and most importantly, healthy, since I've started using this product.
Pink Punch as a light, delicate fruity flavor and scent. It's pleasant but subtle, so it shouldn't bother you if you're sensitive to lip scents.
So do I recommend Maybelline Baby Lips? Hecks yes I does. I prefer them over the Revlon Lip Butters in both moisture, color, and value. I feel like these little lip balms are so underrated and over looked. While Baby Lips don't have the class, style, and color selection Revlon Butters and L'Oreal Color Riche Balms do, it makes up for it with value and moisture. I hope you pick a Baby Lip balm up next time you hit your local drugstore, your lips will love you for it. This is a definite repurchase for me. I may even pick up another shade, for variety's sake. This is my go-to lip product, so a backup can't hurt. I <3 this lip balm. :3

on 3/9/2012 12:28:00 PM

I kind of went on a baby lips kick for a while. I bought 3. Peppermint, quenched, and peach kiss. I liked the clear ones a lot but did not like peach kiss because it had a dry look to it. It was something about it being too shimmery and matte at the same time. These products are nice balms but they are nothing to ride home about. I guess I got a little caught up in the marketing. I also don't like how they seem to get dirty quickly. Their lids also fall off easily in my purse and it's pretty disgusting when I discover that. Not buying again.

on 3/8/2012 9:14:00 PM

I finally got them in grape vine and cherry I was supper excited but after a couple of days I wasn't crazy about it. Grape vine has a really strong scent of grape it smells cheap, theirs is no much tint from little to none, the moisture doesn't last I feel like it didn't penetrate my lips to moisturize them it just sat there and made my lips look greasy so UGLY! The cherry is very pigmented which I liked but like grape vine it didn't moisturize or last made my leaps look greasy.. I found myself replying this every 15 min. or my lips would get super dried out. I do not recommend this even though is cheap and good looking is not worth it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this in Cheery Me basically for free with a BOGO 50% and $2 off coupon. Surprisingly, I find myself reaching for this quite a bit, especially when I'm wearing a red lipstick. Cherry Me has just enough color for a red lipstick touch up. It's also quite moisturizing and not too waxy. I do wish that it comes in a sexier package, I feel 8 years old when I whip this out.

on 3/8/2012 11:58:00 AM

I bought Baby lips in the quenched, cherry me, and peach kiss. I think I like quenched the best (just bought that) because it doesn't have a scent or flavor unlike the others. The cherry me is ok, it gives a nice red tint. But they have a sort of grainy feel, which is kind of disappointing and annoying. But the cheap plastic, almost lipstick like flavor makes me a bit ill. I think I dislike peach kiss the most because it has a very odd color that does not look good on me.

on 3/8/2012 10:08:00 AM

I got these at CVS during a sale, basically for free, so figured I would give it a try. I would get again under these circumstances, but wouldn't actually pay for it. It is just plain ole tinted lip balm. Nothing special. Nice to carry in my pocket when I want to put something on my lips without having to use a mirror. That's about the only advantage. Not particularly moisturizing - kinda drying in fact. If you want something REALLY moisturizing, look up Lansinosh. WOW, now THAT is amazing! I've also found that the packaging doesn't hold up well at all. After only a few uses, the cap no longer "clicks" closed and will soon just slide off. This product is very "meh" imo.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in pink punch and while this looked pretty in the tube, I did not like it for several reasons.

Cons:
- dried lips!
- uneven and patchy application
- grainy and dry feeling
- waxy artificial smell
- cheap packaging

The color is a pretty bright pink but it does not transfer well onto my lips. Even after gently exfoliating and moisturizing my lips, it would look patchy and make them chapped within minutes. This product reminded me of a wax toy lipstick that would come in a kit for kids to play with.

I bought the clear and it works really well.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to like this lip balm after hearing so many people talk about how great it is. It goes on smoothly and smells good, but it stays on for all of about 3 minutes and then you are left with lips that feel dry and chapped. I am not a fan at all and will not be repurchasing.

on 3/6/2012 9:27:00 PM

This lip balm was hardly moisturizing. I got this in Peach Kiss and it was very unpigmented. Pink Punch seems to be the most pigmented out of all the baby lips lip balms. The glitter in Peach Kiss clings to the dry flakes on my lips.

Popular Lip Treatments