Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.5

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

Pros:
Does make lips very soft when the wetness wears away
In the middle between vaseline and chapstick for feeling/texture
Lasts longer than chapstick
Cheap

Cons:
Color is matte which I don't like and accentuate the dry lip skin globbies that you didn't know you had, but aye--apply a gloss and bam
Color kinda bleeds, especially if you forget you're not wearing chapstick and mosh your lips around.
Color does transfer (so watch out when kissing someone)

Bottom line--I will repurchase this rather than apple chapstick because it lasts longer and feels better.

on 4/4/2012 1:26:00 AM

I have a serious problem of biting and picking off the skin off my lips, and I put this on after I do the damage.. And the skin that grows back on my lips is good, and not dehydrated. The EOS lipbalms the skin that grows back is VERY thing and comes off easily.. Good lipbalm.

Oh I was so excited to try this!!! I got it in Pink Punch and as soon as I got out of the drugstore I ripped it out of its little package and started to apply it. It was really smooth on and it left my lips very moisturized. It really does smell like fruit punch but I didn't notice any taste on my lips. That was kind of a let down for me. Some people don't like for their lip balm to have flavoring but this one would be perfect with a little bit of a fruity taste. The color looks neon in the tube but on the lips it's just a bright baby pink, not overwhelming or overdone. It stays for about two hours on my lips which is good for a lip balm especially a tinted one. I do not mind reapplying because this its so cheap. This might not be everyone's favorite but it works for me. I can't wait to try some other colors!!! Oh and I forgot to add, I love the packaging. It's simple and it works. : )

on 4/2/2012 5:39:00 PM

I did not like this product at all I bougt the peppermint . Nice packaging,but leaves my lips dry has a awful taste total waste of money!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this in Pink Punch and even though it appears as a bright neon pink in the tube, it shows up as a really nice shade of magenta on the lips. It doesn't really keep my lips moisturized but the formula goes on smooth and smells like fruit punch but sometimes reminds me of cough syrup...

on 3/31/2012 7:34:00 AM

I love this! maybelline actually sent it to me for free in the mail, I never intended on purchasing it but now I love it! it is a little greasy/oily looking on the lips as someone previously mentioned but I simply blot it out on tissue. it does keep my lips feeling baby-soft, and its so yummy and fun to apply, I'm always excited to reapply it haha. the packaging is also adorable and I love it! I've only tried the blue and pink one though so after thats finished I'll be sure to try out the rest.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I hate this! It makes your lips look oily like you have grease from food all over! The clear one!

on 3/29/2012 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

fun product- great value
lips feel soft after using it
cherry is best

on 3/29/2012 12:22:00 AM

I really wanted to love this product. I bought the cherry because I thought that my lips might look like I had just polished off one of those fabulous double stick cherry ice pops that you would have as a kid on a hot summer day. The color was perfect. Unfortunately, the taste was nothing like that cherry ice pop! I maybe could have gotten over the taste for the beautiful color, except that the color does not last at all. I also felt that the product made my lips feel kind of dry and reapplying frequently also means enduring the taste. I think I will stick to eating the cherry ice pop, the flavor is better and I believe the color lasts a lot longer.

on 3/27/2012 5:05:00 PM

I got this in peach and cherry....

the overall feel is ok.. very slippery...definately meant as a cute fashionable thing.. not an actual medicated rodcut to help soothe.

My main complaint... is the taste. its FAR worse with the peach... and just slightly disgusting with the cherry,. its the perfume they use to scent the product that effects the taste.

If it didnt taste like i sprayed a bunch of perfume in my mouth Id be way happier with it. the color payoff is great and it is super shiny.

Popular Lip Treatments