Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/26/2011 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think it would be impossible to create a palette with this many colors and have every color be completely wearable by everyone. For example, unlike the reviewer below me, Smog and Half-Baked look awful on me, Hustle and Toasted give me a "naked" look, and Gunmetal is very neutral on my skin. However, like the reviewer below me, I use Sin quite a bit and am less than impressed by the glittery Sidecar. Before anyone purchases this I suggest several trips to Sephora to see if you can make enough colors work for you to make the purchase worthwhile. I'll never use Buck, Sidecar, Half-Baked or Smog, but the number of looks I can make with he remaining eight shades makes the palette worthwhile to me.

It is a shame that Sidecar is so over the top, because I think it could make a beautiful highlighting shade if it were taken down several notches. I also wish I got the palette with the black and brown eyeliner included. Overall, this was a great buy and I'm very happy with my purchase.

on 11/25/2011 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

NC35 skintone. Bought this and found that it wasn't as fabulous as everyone says. I am obsessed with neutrals, but i ended up swapping this. The only shades that I found myself using were Sin, Half-Baked and Smog. To me, Sidecar is a nightmare, Toasted, Hustle and Gunmetal don't even belong in a 'naked/neutral' palette and I found that many of these colors blended muddy. Plus, UD's fallout is relentless, unfortunately :( I'm glad others find this workable, but I just found it subpar/average and would not repurchase. Here's my full review/rant if you want to read more: http://bit.ly/rE3Wcd

on 11/25/2011 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just bought this about 2 weeks ago and have worn it every day since with a different look every single day! It's the first expensive palette I've owned (aside from maybe a Clinique duo back in the day). There are two shades that do have a lot of all out, but the matte shades, and the shimmery gold, brown, and champagne colors make up for it two-fold! I am in love with the way it makes my eyes look and how natural the looks are. I do love to use the brush as a blending brush and it works very well for that too. I'm in love with this palette!

on 11/25/2011 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been wanting to get this palette for a long time. Picked it up at Sephora's the other day since the holidays are coming (insideous marketing madness)...So, what if the holidays are coming? Why did I "need" this? I didn't. I liked the idea of a palette of neutrals in one convenient container, and since I've always loved Urban Decay's zero liner (my most favorite black eyeliner), I caved in and bought it.

Pros: Decent pigmentation and beautiful colors for the most part.

Cons: Surprisingly A LOT of fallout. Way too much shimmer in too many of the colors.

I prefer matte so there won't be another purchase of this one. I might go with Dior shadows next time, although I do expect this palette to last a couple of years.

on 11/25/2011 1:10:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

this palette has some real pretty shades...some very unique neutral toned colors that you wouldnt find elsewhere, in other brands, but it also has a lot of shimmer, and a fair amount of fallout. I do love the amount of looks, everything from barely there to smokey I can get with this palette, but for the people who prefer relatively "matte" looks, they won't get much use out of this palette.

I do love this palette because I find the shades very unique, Im not a high end snob, and often think that drugstore shades can dupe for high end products, but a lot of these shades are very unique and have several different qualities to them that would be hard to find in any other brands of makeup, no matter what the price.

packaging was beautiful btw!

I wish there was less fallout though, and preferably another matte shade added to the palette. The name implies "naked" but the palette, in my opinion is more "neutral. A "Neutral palette" implies that the shadows are tones of grey, brown, gold, etc. And more muted then they are bright. "naked" however, implies that it should be relatively subdued neutrals-which many of these shadows are not. All I'm applying is that you do not need to invest in this for a completely natural look if thats what you're after, but save up your money and purchase it for a huge variety of super sexy, daytime to night-time looks and super interesting tones of shadow.

on 11/22/2011 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Just looking at this palette i knew i had to have it . The colors looked beautiful , and i LOVE the packaging . Now once i actually used them i was a little let down at first bc i was in a rush and just wanted to try the colors so i skipped the primer . Bad idea . The colors are very pale without the primer , but as its supposed to be used with the primer they look pretty good & you can definitley create alot of different looks with this palette. It has all of my must have colors . The only con i can think of is that the colors fade alot as the day goes on .

I love this palette. It really has everything you need and you can create endless combinations and looks using this one palette! My most used: Sin, Naked, Buck, Half Baked, Toasted, Darkhorse, and Hustle. I use Naked and Buck for my brows. There is some glitter fallout but that is to be expected from the Midnight shades. I think I'll be getting the Naked 2 palette for my collection! The only thing I don't like is the velvet case because it attracts lint and hair. Yuck.

on 11/21/2011 3:00:00 AM

The idea and the colours are nice but shadows are too glittery (and when I say "glittery" I don't mean "shimmery"..); there's a lot of fall out and only 2 mat shades. I wish Urban Decay would change the formulation and turn most shades from 'glittery' to 'mat'. Girls: spend your money in a better quality pallete, even with less colour, but with a better pay-back. For me this was a big "much ado about
nothing"...:-(

on 11/19/2011 4:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I wasn't actually expecting a lot from this palette, i just wanted a range of different neutral eyeshadows of decent quality. Which "naked" is not, even though the concept is super nice. That's why:
-seriously, it's TOO MUCH GLITTER! It's not that silky tiny shimmers, it is seriously a cheap tacky glitter not even a teenager would wear
- only two matte shades
-many colours seem alike
-massive fallout
- packaging is not convinient to use and the velvet will catch lint
- not that it matters, since i have professional brushes, but the brush suck
Overall - only 4 colours turned out to be wearable for me. Advice to all - spend your money on a nice 4-colour Dior palette for the same price and uncompareable quality.

oh, and the UDPP is nice)

on 11/18/2011 1:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I Love this palette. I'm normally not a fan of neutral eyeshadows, but this is the exception. The colors go on like silk, and are gorgeous. The brush included is surprisingly good quality too.

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
Contour Kit
NAKED
NAKED
The Nudes
The Nudes

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches