July 26, 2014 | 1046 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2005 10:19:00 AM More reviews by SunriseSunset

Something in this cream caused by skin to burn like crazy. That's okay, because I've found a holy grail in Cetaphil's moisturizing lotion. If you're having the same problem I had, try switching over. I did, and now I am loving my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2005 6:23:00 AM More reviews by sarahtsaraht

I like this cream strictly as a rehydrator for drier skin. It really works. If you're looking for a cream that has a lot of "bells and whistles" - this isn't it. It's simply for moisture only - and it really, really works.
*****************update 2/13
Still think this is a good basic moisturizer, but let it sink in to your skin as much as possible before applying sunscreen/makeup. It seems to stay on top of my skin! Don't like that...
Update 7/8
Occlusive moisturizers like this are not the best underneath sunscreen dues to their barrier action. They keep the sunscreen from being absorbed in to the skin, which is essential to getting protection. I use this only at night now.
++++++++++ I have combo skin, mid thirties, tend to get dry spots

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2005 8:24:00 PM More reviews by tournesol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Move over, TBS Unfragranced Body Cream, Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is my new HG unscented body cream. This stuff is thick, as thick as Noxzema (but without the little grains, of course). It does a fabulous job of moisturizing dry skin and makes an excellent after-shave treatment for your legs and, er, wherever else you shave. I was surprised to find that it doesn't leave my skin greasy, either. I wouldn't touch it to my face because I have oily skin, so no comment there. The fact that it's completely unscented is a major plus for those of us who love our perfumes and don't want anything clashing with them. And it's so moisturizing that it even helps my perfume last a little longer on my skin. At about $10 for a large jar it's priced similarly to lower-end boutique creams, but it's much easier to find. I will never be without a jar of Cetaphil for my skin and Aquaphor for my lips. Thanks, mintara, for turning me on to both! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2005 9:29:00 AM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

Well I really wnted to like this but it didnt work for me as a facial moisturizer as it gave me lovely cystolic zits on my cheeks and clogged my nose up. It does however work great as an eye cream so that is what it is now. In fact as an eye cream it has made the skin softer and the fine lines less noticable so I have a 3.3 oz tube that will last forever! Cetaphil products also do not have an exp. date since they are shelf stable (except for the spf lotion) so I can use this prolly for over a year just on my eyes!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2005 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Query

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This cream made my skin burn after about a week. It also made my skin a little orangey. I think it may be very acidic. Finally, it made my skin break out in little whiteheads. Using this on my face was a disaster! It worked pretty well as a hand and foot cream at night, but it's pretty greasy. I also hate tubs of cream and the squeeze tubes were not a great value.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2005 7:56:00 AM More reviews by bluegirl777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG face cream! I could not live without it. I have tried other face creams, but none have compared. My skin is sensitive and dry and this sinks into my skin leaving it smooth and soft. This has never made my face break out and a little bit goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2005 7:31:00 PM More reviews by bunny207

I love this! I juse this mainly as a body cream but sometimes I use it on my face when my face is extra dry (during the winter). It is fragrance free and not too greasy. Unlike many drugstore moisturizers, this doesn't just sit on top of the skin but feels like it is absorbing. Another plus is that this is super cheap- you can get it at any drugstore. My skin is super soft after I use this. I have normal skin that is not prone to breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2005 11:55:00 AM More reviews by SkinCareGuy82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would buy this again. NOT for my face, but for my elbows. It was way too thick for my face and actually irritated it a bit. But worked well for my dry elbows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2004 11:19:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Cetaphil cream in ths tub (and tube)is my HG product! No scent, reasonable price and non irritating. I've bought many and will continue to do so. Wonderful for face and body!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2004 12:51:00 AM More reviews by NurseKristen

I use this when I'm in a hurry and don't wanna go through with my expensive regime- This stuff is highly moisturizing (which I desperately need- VERY dry skin) and it soaks right in without ever being greasy. Just soft, hydrated skin. This stuff is the cheapest facial moistirizer I've ever used but it really is GREAT!! Will always keep on hand!