Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 1/13/2006 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have combo-oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin--truly a mess. But this is one of the only creams that both moisturizes effectively and DOESN'T break me out. I lightly rub this into my skin overnight and I wake up with the softest, smoothest skin ever. I am in love with this product, and the price is unbelievable for the enormous jar you get. An absolute skincare HG.

on 1/12/2006 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have very dry/oily ance prone sensitive skin. so pretty much EVERYTHING irritates my poor face. i'v been dying all winter looking for a moisterizer that won't sting and end up making my face feel horrid and dry and super flaky! so i realized i needed something very gentle, very moisterizing, and most importantly: NOT FULL OF ExTRA CRAP!! have you noticed that almost EVERYTHING has some sort of chemcial in it for acne, wrinkles, etc and full of alcohol and acids? so painful for my face!

cetaphil is the only thing that doesn't make my face sting and itch like crazy. its VERY moisterizing, esp if you use it right after the shower/bath. i like to even use it like the cetaphil cleaner, a small glop of it in my hands, mix with water, rub gently on face, pat dry! i think its the best way to ensure that your face is getting hydrated (water) and the cetaphil is good at keeping in your skin.

it is very greasy looking though. so its great as an over-night moisterizer but i need to blot and use some sort of powder on my face to tone down the greasiness for the day. and another downside is that it comes in a large jar, which i don't think is the cleanest way to keep and use the lotion but oh well! i think its WORTH it if you have sensitive super dry skin!

PROS:
very moisterizing
great for overnight
can double as a gentle cleanser (use makeup remover first if you wear makeup)
does not make you break out (and i break out like mad all the time and this does not make me break out)
not full of irritating extras
lots of product for your money

CONS:
can be greasy looking (but either just use less, use powder, or blot with blotting paper)
not so great packaging (large jar instead of a pump-- make sure your hands are clean!)
continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm gonna keep this simple...my HG body routine Dove Deep Moisture wash followed by Cetaphil Moisturizing cream.

Note: This cream is too moisturizing for my oily/combo face, but it is perfect for my body.

on 1/10/2006 12:42:00 PM

I love everything Cetaphil and this is no exception. It works great as an all over body lotion but I specifically like to use it as an eye cream. Definitely recommend to anyone with very dry skin.

I bought this stuff in the big tub.... and when I say big tub, I'm not exaggerating. I know this stuff will last me for a LONG time. For such a huge amount, the price range was around $11 to $12. I use this stuff at night before I go to sleep on my face after washing and cleaning, so I'm not too worried about whats on my hands or bacteria going onto my face. It's not about quantity, though, it's all about the quality of the product. It's a VERY moisturizing cream and at first, it might seem like it "sits" on your face... but give it a few minutes (perhaps 15-30 minutes) and it'll settle into your skin. This is why it might be tricky for combination or oily skinned people for daytime use-- it might increase your oil shine, which is something that I gripe about. As a night treatment, it's wonderful because when you wake up, your skin isn't oily. For me, it left my skin silky soft. There is no fragrance, no icky musky smell. I'd definitely repurchase if I ever run out because this cured my super itchy red skin from the cold winter. This will always be on my list because my face broke out from an unstable daytime moisturizer with spf, and this cream saved my skin within ONE day.

I have been using this product for approximately three months, and I am very impressed with it. I must note that my skin is not really "mine" at the moment, as I'm on Accutane, and it's uncharacteristically dry now. However, I was using the regular Cetaphil lotion when I began to dry out from the medication and found that particular product to feel too greasy for my taste. Someone recommended the cream to me, and at first I didn't believe that it could be a better moisturizer, but it was! Immediately, I could tell that the cream seemed to be absorbed better into my skin than the lotion. Plus, this hasn't contributed to any breakouts (although that could be the Accutane doing its job), and my face never feels too oily. If my skin stays normal after I get off the medicine, and my previous levels of oiliness do not return, this lotion will definitely remain in my skincare regimen. I love it and use it twice daily (morning and night). Also, as others have mentioned, this is a great body lotion and exceptional for the eye area. I happened to buy it in the large tub, and it's a very economical size--one that will probably last me for at least a year, if not longer. The only thing that this lotion is missing is an SPF, which would be lovely right now as my skin is extremely sun sensitive due to the Accutane. As long as this cream continues to treat my face right, I'll keep buying it. EDIT: I have been using this awesome cream moisturizer for three years now, and it is still my absolute favorite. After discontinuing my Accutane treatment, I wasn't sure how my face would hold up. So far, even though it's not near as dry as it was during my course of treatment, it still loves the Cetaphil. In fact, if I don't moisturize with this, I wind up being flaky and dry through the day. Wonderful stuff!!

on 1/2/2006 10:53:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I emailed cetaphil for some product samples, and they swifty sent some moisturizing lotion and cream to me.

I have to say, this stuff is awful on the skin. It is so thick and gluggy it's like glue. I found the smell revolting and I nearly gagged when I first applied it onto my face.

Results wise, the cream does an OK job, but so does sorberlene. I would not recommend this cream to be used on the face, but instead - on the body, like your legs or arms.

Get the lotion - it's not as thick as the cream glue.

ETA: I have extremely dry skin as well and surprisingly, a big fan of Cetaphil Cleanser - so I was really disappointed with how the moisturizers fared.

on 1/1/2006 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have very dry skin. My lids are red in winter and really not good.
I used this cream before and I thought that it was too greasy for nothing.
But I use it now around my eyes before I go to sleep and in the morning.

on 12/25/2005 12:35:00 AM

totally overdone. don't like this stuff. i have sensitive skin which is moisturizer-free funcitoning in some areas yet completely dry and moisturizer-dependent in others. at first this seemed ok, but straight from the gecco i didnt like the texture. it doesn't seem to really moisturize my skin or provide a healthy glow. if i want to achieve any time of 'glow' frmo this product, i have to use more, so that it and all it's greasiness sit on top of my skin. i dont know.. seems too thick, but not in the moisturizing-thick way... Really unimpressed. On the bright side? It was a good in-between moisturizer while I was recovering from past damage from over-the-top moisturizers....

I use this in conjuction with the Cetaphil cleanser. At first i was very reluctant as it felt very heavy and i was afraid that it would make my skin break out and become more oilier. But as im on Retin-a my skin tends to become dry and flaky at times. Also some dry patches may appear below my lips. This cream is great so far. I use it after applying Eryacne in the morning. It helps to get rid of teh flakiness which i experience in the mornings and make foundation easier and smoother to apply on. So far it does not make my skin super oily and i ahve not broken out but this maybe due to the medication that i am on. Again like Cetaphil cleanser i personally feel that if you have trouble skin then using this range alone may not help at all. Instead it would work well if you complemented it with any skin/acne medications.

I would buy this product again because it is very versatile. Sometimes i just slather it on my hands or legs and it works wonders there too.

Popular Moisturizers