August 21, 2014 | 1920 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by soshana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love Nars. Untill just recently I did not care for their foundations, though. When they came out with these foundations I died and gone to heaven. I am a little oily but love the dewy (not oily) look so the artist recommended that I get the Sheer Matte for the t-zone of the same color and that is what I did. I use the sheer matte in the center and the sheer glow all over.... it is better than airbrushing. I also did get the pumps from the website, so that they will last longer. If you want more coverage you can get it, by adding more. If you want a light finish that looks natural this is the best. Converted!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by clay2626

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hey ladies, a pump for this foundation is now available for $6.00 on NARS website! I love this foundation, I wear FIJI and I am a MAC 20-25 (yellow undertones, with a lot of redness in my face). I have oily skin and this foundation provides wonderful coverage, I do use Murad's mattifier lotion and Skindanavia's Finishing Makeup Spray and both help with my foundation lasting longer as I live in a hot/humid area of the country.
I will repurchase and now that a pump is available I wont find myself wasting so much foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1028

I LOVE this foundation. I recommend it to everyone. It feel so light and smooth, I forget I'm even wearing makeup. Sheer matte is nice too, but I'm not a fan of matte finishes. This has the perfect satin finish, not oily looking and not shimmery. Just it just has a beautiful "glow". The price is outrageous, but it's so worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by junethea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an okay foundation. But I cannot justify buying a $42 US foundation if it is only okay. I have normal skin, and I think the foundation looks too dry. It has a little shimmer (not too noticeable) which I'm guessing is the "glow" part. But besides that, this is pretty much a soft matte foundation. It is light-medium coverage, however I think it is closer to medium than light. It's still natural looking, though. I think it would be a great natural foundation for someone who has a slightly oilier skin.
I do love how Syracuse perfectly matches my NC42 skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2010 3:56:00 AM More reviews by l3xileven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. So many products I have tried for fair skins are super pink, and I began to despair of a colour match that would not make my face a different colour to my neck. I wear MAC NW5 - 15 and I need something very neutral/yellow toned.
Enter Siberia Sheer Glow. I thought it looked scary pale in the bottle but it goes on beautifully, enough coverage to hide small blemishes and uneveness but not so much it looks mask like in the summer sunlight. Feels like you are wearing no makeup and looks, according to my super critical hubby 'so natural'. It wears pretty well too, a good 7-8 hours with the occasional need to powder my Tzone. The colour stays true with no orange oxidisation, unlike *cough* Clinique's offerings for us fair girls. It's expensive, but the effects are worth it - I even bought a bottle in Deauville to blend in as I get tanned in the summer, as I don't want to be without this foundation!

My ONLY gripe with this is the stupid, old school packaging. A heavy glass bottle I am scared to pack on the plane, and no pump!! My cat jumped and knocked the bottle over, I probably lost £10 of foundation in one fell swoop.....and it is messy trying to get it out of the bottle. Please NARS, can we have a pump for it??!?

Despite this, I love the product so much - definitely my HG foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by gbaysa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The ONLY reason I'm giving this a 2 and not a 1 rating is because this is the only foundation that is a perfect color match for my yellow/olive toned complexion - in MAC speak I'm between NC30 and NC35 and I matched perfectly with NARS Stromboli. Other than that, this foundation settled into my fine lines, my pores, and made me break out in cystic acne all over my cheeks which is a place where I NEVER break out.

The finish is satin but even with a dusting of loose powder after application, oil blotting papers, and a midday powder touch-up I looked like a greasy mess and the foundation basically vanished on my T-zone. I had such high hopes for this to be the Holy Grail of all liquid foundation but, alas, it was not. Just a bunch of over-priced hype. Going back to Make Up For Ever HD foundation. I have to mix shades #123 and #127 to get a match but at least I won't break out like an 8th grader.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by DesertR0se

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard a lot of hype about this product before purchasing it. Overall, I would say that this is a good foundation, and I would recommend everyone at least try it. It isn't cakey and it applies smoothly. To get it to work, you don't have to really work with it. It's very runny, which I actually don't mind because it's such a light foundation and despite its lightness, it *will* give medium to full coverage. I've heard people say because of this that the name is deceiving, but in "Sheer Glow" I'm pretty sure the "sheer" refers to the "glow" and not to the coverage of the foundation. And it definitely does give a sheer glow. It's not as luminous as I'd like, but that's because it wasn't really formulated for dry skin (though dry skinned people can definitely be happy with it.) It's a great foundation, but I don't think it's worth the price unless it works even better on you. I personally may repurchase again, but not for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by ladyhana

I love this foundation. I've been using MAC's studio fix fluid before i had no problem with studio fix i also like that but this foundation is very light on the skin compared to MAC's sff. What i love about this is that it's buildable. All u need is a little amount because i noticed when i use a lot it tends to cake and i applied it with my hands. Yes with my hands. I never do that with my other foundation but that is the best way to apply this foundation like what NARS's MA told me. I jut wish it has a pump for easier application because it's so liquidy sometimes i spill a lot. I would definitely repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by bttrflyrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my favorite liquid foundation. It gives great coverage and is not as thick and cakey as other foundations. It applies very smoothly (I find it applies better with your fingers than a foundation brush). It makes your skin look very nice, but I haven't noticed it "glow" or do anything spectacular. Still, it's a great foundation. You definitely have to set it with a powder or it will get everywhere.
I really wish it came with a pump as it can get messy. Also, the color selection isn't that great in my opinion, but I found a shade that worked for me.
It's very pricey, but I think I will buy it again once I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by adventurous

I absolutely love this foundation. It's the first high end foundation I have really loved. My skin kind of rests between neutral and cool, leaning towards cool. One of the things I've learning at MUA is that applying pink toned foundation actually makes me look even pinker, an look I do not like. Instead, I opt for neutral toned foundation and even foundations with a bit of yellow to neutralize my pinkness/redness. My color is Ceylan, which is warm-neutral. It wears like a dream. I apply it with a damp sponge and don't need much to get a decent coverage that evens me out and neutralizes my pink and red, but doesn't look cakey. It wears ALL DAY. I've never had a foundation that wears all day like this one does.

It really is my HG. I've had so many compliments on how great my skin looks since I've started using this foundation. I'm really happy with it.