December 20, 2014 | 1239 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2008 2:49:00 AM More reviews by melanie1215

I have used this prodcut on some of my brides and myself as well. I think that this is one of those products that you have to work with a few times to get it just right.
This product does make your skin feel really smooth in a non-greasy kind of way. BUT!!! be careful not to use too much. When I first got it, I used to much and it started to like bead up on my skin. Like I was able to roll little balls of it between my fingers as well as I felt like my foundation was sitting on top of this product and not adhereing to the the skin.
After workin with it for a while I found that if you use a little of it and buff it into the skin it does have a nice matte finish, I use a mac 109 buffer brush and work a small amount into the skin and then use a cream or liquid foundation as well with the same brush using the same buffing technique and it gives a really airbrushed finish.
Not really sure if I would buy it again because other companies make similar products and I wish to try those as well

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2008 11:12:00 PM More reviews by deftones44

Okay, so when I put this on, yes, my skin feels soft and creamy.

But THAT'S IT.

Here's what the product states it's supposed to do:

What it is formulated to do:
The silky blend of vitamins and antioxidants smoothes and perfects skin, while the unique formula helps to inhibit the destruction of collagen, and fills in fine lines and pores for a flawless finish.

WHAT?!?! It DOESN'T DO ANY OF THAT!! Pfft!!

When I apply my foundation, not only does it not provide a matte finish, it makes my skin oily and it doesn't give my foundation any staying power whatsoever. Doesn't fill in lines, wrinkles, etc...doesn't fill in pores, nothing. All it simply does is make my skin feel soft and creamy when I apply my foundation, but does absolutely nothing other than that.

On top of it all, the pump does not allow for the entire product to be used. Once you get anywhere near the bottom, the pump is too short to grab the ton of primer left at the bottom. Because this is so expensive and not very big and goes by fast, I feel very aggravated that I can't even use the bottom portion of the primer. And of course the bottle is thick and I'm not able to take a pair of scissors to it to get what's left at the bottom..I found myself trying to dig the stem of the pump in different directions to try to get what's left at the bottom. So frustrating, especially when nothing about the product makes it worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by scrappinrandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this as a free gift and to me there is no difference. So you don't need it. I wouldn't buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2008 9:57:00 PM More reviews by cjbrowne

I got this as part of the "Try Me" set, and I simply didn't see the big deal. If you wanted this to work, then you could maybe pretend there was a difference, but there really isn't. Also, the concept of foundation primer is sort of silly, you're better off spending the money on a better moisturizer. If you think you need foundation primer, think again because you probably don't, spend the money on a dermatologist or esthetician.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2008 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Mgb375

What this product was supposed to cover and help, actually accentuated and made to look worse. I have large pores on my cheeks and this seemed to emphasize them, also it caused some breakouts on areas where I never breakout. I have to say, it does feel nice on your skin, but offered no benefits. I use BE medium foundation, and get a much smoother look without this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2008 1:56:00 AM More reviews by taolyang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this primer! It makes your skin so smooth so that when you use your foundation it goes on evenly.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by addictive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is useless if u have dry/combination skin. it sux!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product a lot. It makes my makeup last and it allows you to use a lot less foundation due to the way it helps your makeup glide over your face. At first feel, it appears greasy/siliconey but I don't find it greasy. Until very recently, I had very oily skin...my first impression was that it would just make my face more slick...but it didn't. I don't use it every day due to the price...and unless they've changed the packaging, it isn't the kind of thing that should have a pump applicator. The last bit of product doesn't pump out...I need to twist off the top and use a q-tip to get some out. I think I'll get a travel tube of it next time.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2008 2:29:00 AM More reviews by t_anna

I asked for a sample from Sephora and used it for a week, because of the attention it gets, I was really looking forward to trying this. Unfortunately, it broke me out. I usually get small blemishes here and there but this caused big painful ones. It also feels strange on the face, like I'm sweating (hard to explain) and I do not see a difference in the staying power of my makeup (I used everyday minerals makeup). Wanted to love, but didn't.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by wickednorth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Purchased this product on the recommendation of a rep at Sephora. I don't often use primers but recognize how they can be helpful. I always look for a more illuminating effect as I like a dewey, youthful appearance. Well I took it home and tried it. I can honestly say that I am not really impressed with the product personally. My make up does not tend to wear off so I cannot attest to it giving my foundation any staying power. I didn't see any improvement in pore size. I just couldn't rave about it. It does feel very slippery so I didn't love that either. I continued to try to gie it a chance but still just can't say that I like it. Over the time that I did continue it, I also noticed that it caused some drying issues. I combat dry skin with a somewhat oily surface. So the drying did not impress me at all. I can see wear this would work for some but certainly not for me.