February 1, 2015 | 1098 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by vthaoyang

i bought this is ulta... i really liked how it felt on my face.. looked really nice after i applied make up ... but did not work for me.... i broke out and had to return it. =( Now i have to look for a new primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by tideturns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

turns out if you are acne-prone... this is not the right one to buy... so i had to take it back and try the smashbox light primer instead (which i like so far). this primer ended up diluting my foundation instead because of my oily skin and it being on top of my moisturizer. i suggest the light version instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by squeakyfish

It felt really nice on and under powder make up my skin looked as if it was glowing, sadly, it wasn't good at holding my make up, so glowing or not, it didn't last for long and it did nothing for my liquid make up. The worst thing is, after using it consistantly for a few days it started to clog my pores and I ended up getting blackheads on my face. I was sad. I really wanted to like this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by nolartist

This stuff felt really nice, but its so expensive. That didnt matter though, I wound up having to return it to nordstrom 2 weeks after I bought it because the consistency turned really weird.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2008 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Bombshell00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good primer. I've found that it isn't that great at controlling oil, but it does provide a smooth surface for make-up application. I haven't used it in the summer-I'm not sure how it will withstand hot weather. Smashbox gives you a lot of product and the price isn't too bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2008 1:19:00 AM More reviews by ViCi0USkittyx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well, I'm 16 for one. I don't have a lot lines or anything like that. I do however have big pores, and a problem with my face looking like an oil slick a few hours into make up application. I recently switched foundations and that helped with the oily-ness but I was still greasy by the end of the day. I tried this out and the visibility of my pores was reduced greatly and by the end of the day (8 hour later) I wasn't even greasy around my nose. I also found this made taking off my make up less of a hassle.
What I didn't like about this product was that it made the few dry spots on my face very noticeable and my foundation was slightly too dark for me and this really showed that but I'm thinking that may of been because I used too much. This just may of made my foundation go farther and I should of used less.

Overall I think I'm going to buy a full size of this but not before I try the monistat gel people keep comparing to this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2008 12:49:00 AM More reviews by chihero

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in the Smashbox trial deal for 29$ at Ulta. I think its neat, and it feels nice and moisturizes just a teeny bit, which is nice; BUT thats about it... It doesn't really do much else for me! I wish it did!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by schwaem

I like this product. It makes my skin softer and does provide a good canvas for foundation. One negative is the consistency is a bit slippery prior to drying, but it works. I had used the sephora primer prior to this and this well outperforms that one, and is worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2008 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Jbird515

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been wanting to try this product for a long time after hearing so many good things about it. However, after doing some research it seemed to be either hit or miss depending on what your skin is like. So after reading the reviews I decided to try the Bare Escentuals Primer instead since it was cheaper and I already use their foundation. I was mildly happy with it, but I hadn't used any other primers before so I didn't know what to expect.

I received a sample of it at Sephora, so I tried it out. I was really pleasantly surprised. It went on really smooth and I could instantly see that my complexion was much more even and that impressed me the most. The Bare Escentuals primer felt similar to Photo Finish, but it did not even my complexion like Photo Finish does.

One complaint that I have is the dryness/flaking that other people have mentioned. I have pretty dry skin, and since I use the BE foundation it seems that my face can get kind of dry. I think I may be able to solve this though by moisturizing my face better.

So far I'm impressed.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2008 2:49:00 AM More reviews by melanie1215

I have used this prodcut on some of my brides and myself as well. I think that this is one of those products that you have to work with a few times to get it just right.
This product does make your skin feel really smooth in a non-greasy kind of way. BUT!!! be careful not to use too much. When I first got it, I used to much and it started to like bead up on my skin. Like I was able to roll little balls of it between my fingers as well as I felt like my foundation was sitting on top of this product and not adhereing to the the skin.
After workin with it for a while I found that if you use a little of it and buff it into the skin it does have a nice matte finish, I use a mac 109 buffer brush and work a small amount into the skin and then use a cream or liquid foundation as well with the same brush using the same buffing technique and it gives a really airbrushed finish.
Not really sure if I would buy it again because other companies make similar products and I wish to try those as well

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No