Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

on 4/13/2008 9:58:00 PM

I didn't notice any difference in my foundation after trying this. It didn't smooth my skin, my foundation didn't last any longer, and it didn't "matte-ify" my face. I bought the "light" version for oily skin. I see what other users are saying about it "sliding off"... it really does just come right off your skin when you try to apply foundation. Overall I'm disappointed and will definitely NOT buy again.

on 4/12/2008 8:27:00 AM

I agree the packaging is terrible, but it makes my makeup last and last...i apply it, and almost instantly place my liqud foundation on top along with my concealer then my bare escentuals foundation...it helps make my foundation stay true to its color and my makeup once lasted for 18 hours

on 4/10/2008 10:03:00 PM

I have given this product several tries, and each time I continue to be disappointed. First, it makes me break out, and it makes my skin sooooooo greasy after a little while. It doesn't fill in my pores, and it causes my makeup to slide right off. I tried putting it on my eyelids, and my eye makeup creased. And my eyeliner (MAC Fluidline) slid off after a short while, as well. Does anyone else notice that the top does not stay on? That drives me crazy.

on 4/10/2008 2:17:00 PM

I've tried this product many times, my makeup stays put ok on my face but it gives the worst acne ever. also on my eyes it creases.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This primer goes on your skin like silk- literally. I used to use Laura Mercier primer and still do like it - but this is really just a whole different ballgame. This seems to create a smoother surface for my liquid makeup as well as undereye concealers, etc. My makeup seems to stay on better. I apply concealer to spider vein areas on my cheek and it gives a nice cushion to keep the concealer and foundation from sinking in as it does without the primer. I just got it about a week ago so I'm really still testing it. I will soon get a new foundation and am seriously considering trying a Smashbox one - never have before. Apply this and you will be amazed at the way your skin feels. Whether long term use creates dry skin or a reaction I do not know. My skin is dryer, sensitive but in good shape for my age.

on 4/4/2008 10:33:00 PM

I loved this primer. It's the only one I've ever tried, so I don't have any thing to compare it to, but I love how it make my skin feel so silky. The one thing that I hate about it is the packaging. Halfway through the bottle it stopped pumping out the product... I paid like 40 bucks for this little tiny jar and I want to get every little bit of primer in it. Next time I'll buy it in the tube but otherwise it's a great product.

on 4/3/2008 6:46:00 PM

Definately buy the travel size tube for this. It's easier to use and can easily be thrown in a makeup bag. It's a must have product. It leaves your skin oh-so-smooth and ready for makeup. Just make sure to let your skin absorb it for at least 5 minutes. Face is left smooth for foundation and/or powder. I always make sure I put this on for special ocassions.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like the feeling of my skin after I apply this product, and it really does keep my makeup put all day. It keeps my eyeshadow from creasing and my liner from smudging, which is top priority for me as this is usually a problem. My one complaint, as previously mentioned, is the packaging. You really have to dig to get the remaining product when the pump can no longer reach, a tube would be much more functional. Overall, good product, will likely repurchase, but will likely buy the travel size due to the tube packaging.

on 3/31/2008 4:13:00 AM

This is definitely my HG for a primer!! it kept my makeup smooth all day..barely any touch up needed...it makes my skin feels silky n super smooth! I really love this primer..after trying on the Laura Mercier n Mac...this one is AMAZING! my skin is a combo n using the regular photo finish primer is pretty good. if you have oily skin there is oil-free one and if u want SPF then there is one with SPF. trust me..this product is unbelievable! after u try this one...u will never try another primer =)

on 3/30/2008 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Does NOT live up to all the hype, IMO. My makeup slid right off, and it broke me out. Also, the bottle doesnt let you get it all out. If I was going to buy again, I would buy the travel tube. A better value, and easier to scrape every drop of product out!