Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

on 3/22/2008 10:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I dont have problem skin, but I like to use a primer to make my makeup last longer and to go on easier. This isnt a bad product, but I don't know if I would repurchase. I may in the tinted primer, not sure.
I only use a little bit. So the tube does last me a very long time. The only thing I don't like is that I have to wait awhile for this to sink in or dry..And I live in a dry climate. Once it is dry, it does what it's suppossed to. I tried the DHC primer and it was so velvety, I want to buy it after the smashbox is used up. If your thinking of getting this, buy a travel size tube first. They will last you a awhile and it is much easier to get the product out of the container.

on 3/22/2008 1:36:00 PM

I love this primer. It makes my skin really smooth and keeps my foundation on all day. I would definitely buy it again. Next time I might try the coloursmash to help take some of the red out of my face.

on 3/20/2008 10:14:00 AM

One of the best primers on the market. My skin has mood swings, so I tend to swap between the regular smashbox primer and their primer light. A little really does go a long way. Do not put it on like lotion. Take a pump and spread it from the center of the face.

on 3/20/2008 9:44:00 AM

I am like the other reviewers, it feels great when you put it on. But... use a very little amount. I use less than a pea size.... It goes a long way. Although, later my skin did feel greasy. Leaving in Houston weather, this may not work for the summer. I might try to use Pur Minerals primer instead, the sample feels like silk.

on 3/19/2008 8:49:00 PM

i bought this is ulta... i really liked how it felt on my face.. looked really nice after i applied make up ... but did not work for me.... i broke out and had to return it. =( Now i have to look for a new primer.

on 3/19/2008 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

turns out if you are acne-prone... this is not the right one to buy... so i had to take it back and try the smashbox light primer instead (which i like so far). this primer ended up diluting my foundation instead because of my oily skin and it being on top of my moisturizer. i suggest the light version instead.

on 3/18/2008 11:43:00 PM

It felt really nice on and under powder make up my skin looked as if it was glowing, sadly, it wasn't good at holding my make up, so glowing or not, it didn't last for long and it did nothing for my liquid make up. The worst thing is, after using it consistantly for a few days it started to clog my pores and I ended up getting blackheads on my face. I was sad. I really wanted to like this product!

on 3/18/2008 7:37:00 PM

This stuff felt really nice, but its so expensive. That didnt matter though, I wound up having to return it to nordstrom 2 weeks after I bought it because the consistency turned really weird.

on 3/18/2008 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This is a good primer. I've found that it isn't that great at controlling oil, but it does provide a smooth surface for make-up application. I haven't used it in the summer-I'm not sure how it will withstand hot weather. Smashbox gives you a lot of product and the price isn't too bad.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Well, I'm 16 for one. I don't have a lot lines or anything like that. I do however have big pores, and a problem with my face looking like an oil slick a few hours into make up application. I recently switched foundations and that helped with the oily-ness but I was still greasy by the end of the day. I tried this out and the visibility of my pores was reduced greatly and by the end of the day (8 hour later) I wasn't even greasy around my nose. I also found this made taking off my make up less of a hassle.
What I didn't like about this product was that it made the few dry spots on my face very noticeable and my foundation was slightly too dark for me and this really showed that but I'm thinking that may of been because I used too much. This just may of made my foundation go farther and I should of used less.

Overall I think I'm going to buy a full size of this but not before I try the monistat gel people keep comparing to this.