August 30, 2014 | 1753 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2008 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ktbzee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this for about a month and was not all that impressed. It did add a lot of slip to my face, but does little for hiding pores and making my foundation last. Maybe it is more suitable for someone with dry skin. I have combo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by kayemarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a makeup case staple of mine. I have very dry skin and there is a noticeable difference in my makeup application when I use this and when I don't. In fact, I won't apply my makeup without it! It leaves a very silky even base for your makeup to just glide on and it only takes a tiny bit to go a long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2008 4:56:00 AM More reviews by holliberri

I got this primer as part of a smashbox kit I purchased. I've heard so many good things about it that I was really excited to try it. I put it on before my sheer cover, but it didn't really do anything for me. It did make my skin feel a little smoother, but there was no difference in the shine or the application of my makeup. For me, this was just not the right product. It was neither bad or good.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2008 10:18:00 AM More reviews by jsammurtok

I'd say that this stuff worked great for me. There a lot of bad reviews for the primer, but everyone needs different things. I use to suffer from acne really bad when I was a teenager; but after my skin matured a little I was able to control that acne, and this primer really helps with filling in the lines and scars that I have. No issues with oiliness as well, just super silky softness!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2008 6:32:00 PM More reviews by tmarisco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not prone to acne and I have "normal" skin. This product is ideal for me. I mix some vanilla pigment with my moisturizer, apply it, let it dry, then put the Photo Finish over that. I use BE, and I find that with this primer, the BE doesn't have that "powder on top of skin" look to it (when i didn't use this primer, my BE looked awful). It makes my skin look flawless, really. The texture isn't for everyone. I really like how smooth it feels, but if you get freaked out by greasy-feeling things (even though it doesn't look greasy), stay away from this stuff. Also, smashbox now makes "Photo Finish Light" that is more suited for acne-prone skin.

Also, I agree about the glass bottle issue. You end up losing a lot of product. Bad score on packaging for that.

I have tried other primers, but I always come back to this one. My main recommendation would be to go to an Ulta or Sephora or something and TRY it before you shell out the money for it. That way, you won't be too disappointed if you hate it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2008 1:53:00 AM More reviews by TopModelDiva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

THANK GOD I didn't buy this..it came in my Supermodel kit that I received for Christmas. I wanted to like it so much because it's a cult favorite and everyone (except for the reviewers on this site, incidentally) raves about it. The only reason why I gave it a 2 is because I like the way it felt on my skin, nice and silky but it made my face shine like a brand new Cadalliac after I put my foundation and powder
And for the cost? Ridiculous. Please spend your $15 on some Essie polish or UD liner (my current obsessions)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2008 1:31:00 PM More reviews by lydster65

I have to be honest, I just don't 'get' this product at all. It feels greasy and slippery (I guess it is supposed to ...???), and I find that my makeup won't even 'stick' to it. It's just a yucky feeling on my skin all around. I'm not a primer newbie, by the way, and others that I have used (Benefit Dr. Feelgood, Bare Escentuals primer) seemed to work fine. This one is so, SO slippery! Fortunately I only bought the smaller trial size. After re-reading some of the positive reviews here, I'm going to try it again, but I really don't think it's something I can get used to at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by gezebel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this was my very first primer purchase. i was really impressed at how smooth it made my skin appear. i don't apply it all over my face, i just tap it onto my temples and a bit on my cheeks where teenage acne scarring was the worst, and it really helped to fill in those crevaces and made my foundation look very smooth.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 2:25:00 PM More reviews by kyasha

The silicone makes my face feel so smooth and soft. However, I'm afraid of this breaking out my oily T-zone, so I'm still in search for an HG primer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Benzgirl79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yuck! The worst purchase decision I ever made. It is loaded with sillicones and completely clogged my pores, leaving me with the biggest cystic pimples I've ever seen in my 28 yrs.

To put it into perspective, this stuff feels like a less-greasy version of "BIOSILK"- yes, the stuff you put in your hair! Imagine putting that on your face? That's Photo Finish Primer.

The pump is a great idea in theory, but when you get down to bottom, it's too thick and you can't get all the product out, (which was probably a blessing) it's too expensive to not have access to all of the product. The pump is also glass - which I personally don't like.

Since it's all sillicone, your foundation just "sits" on your face, it felt like my foundation never dried and the evidence was on the corners of my collared work shirts. I shutter when I see it in stores. A mistake.