Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I picked this up at Sephora on a whim because I had heard so many good things. Unfortunately, it just didnt do anything for me. It didnt make a difference in my foundation application or the lasting power of my foundation. It did make my face super silky, but I can get that same effect with a good moisturizer alone. I just feel like using this primer is an unecessary step. I use foundation, concealer, bronzer, and blush regularly, so why would I want to put an additional product on my face if it isnt making any sort of difference? I think the less stuff you pile on your face the better, and this is definitely something I can live without!

Well. I got this as a sample from Sephora (it was x-mas sample pack, FREE). I got 2 samples (0.5 oz each), so ... 1 oz in total. AND THATS ONE ENTIRE BOTTLE OF PHOTO FINISH PRIMER! OMG! Sephora just saved me $36 + tax. WOOOT!!!!

I was scared to use this on my face at first, because I read some very negative reviews here on MUA ... =.=" I thought it might give me pimples, however, i finally tried it this morning, AMAZING! Def. beats Laura Mercier! It gave me a matte finish, and it actually has some coverage. Great for dates!!!!! (if you want your hot date to think that you have flawless skin)

I love this primer, just the price scared me a lil bit =.="!

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This product was given to me by a friend who works with Smashbox. I have never tried this brand, nor have I ever tried this type of product. I LOVE IT! It makes your skin feel so silky smooth. I cant tell it does much more than that. My foundation feels good going on; but other than that there is no noticeable difference in the way my face looks. I am just in love with how lively it makes me feel just having silky skin.

I got this as a gift from a friend after she read the reviews, and I absolutely love it. I love the velvety texture, it evens out my skin (I have minimal acne scaring), and my foundation lasts all day.
I think it's kind of pricey for the amount of product that you get, so when I went to purchase it again, I found it on ebay for a great deal.
My only complaint is the bottle and pump. Once you are running low, you can't pump out what's at the bottom of the bottle (which is a good amount). So, until my new one comes in from ebay, I've been using a toothpick or qtip to get the remainder out.

I purchased this primer after hearing rave reviews about it from my sister. I wasn't as impressed as she was. While it did make my skin feel very smooth, I saw no difference in my skin tone or pore size. I feel that it also emphasized how oily my skin can get. Also after a few weeks the product began to get kind of clumpy when trying to apply it. Overall, I will not be purchasing this product again because of how oily it felt and I don't think the final product was worth the price.

i bought this about a month ago, and i don't know how i ever did my makeup without it! i use this w/ Bare Esent. and this makes it so smooth looking and perfect....i feel like I'm airbrushed looking and my makeup lasts FOREVER with this!

I agree.. this is the BOMB.... if you use mineral makeup.. My forehead lines disappear.. and my large pores gone...i love this..

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well...this product did not work for me. I was excited to try it so I just ordered the travel size(which im glad I did). I have really oily skin and it made it worse. Lets just say im less shiny when I dont use this product. I tried applying it with a foundation brush and my fingers. I also tried it with the foundations that I use(MAC,MaryKay) and it did not work with them. Maybe it works with other foundation but not the ones I use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is a fantastic product. If you wear mineral makeup, this is a MUST!! It makes the product last all day, literally. Large pores appear smaller. The 'brassiness' of mineral makeup is toned down drastically. When using the primer with the various color tints (redness, brown spots), the primer is all that's needed (if skin is clear), with a little powder over it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this primer. I had it in my drawer for a long time w/o using because I was not applying it correctly and therefore it was coming off my face when I applied foundation. Now that I am a bit more experienced with makeup application, I realized I never let it set before applying my foundation. So I tried it again, this time letting it set and the results were amazing.

I've used this with mineral foundation, and the mineral foundation looks smoother than ever! Im wearing this combo now!

I've also used it on my under eyes as well in combination with the Amazing Cosmetics 'Amazing' concealer and it is the one true comination I've found that prevents the concealer from caking, and still covers my deep dark cirlces. The primer fills in the wrinkles under the eyes which prevents the concealer from seeping into them and caking. The trick is to 'pat' on the concealer with a concealer brush, not paint it on. If you paint it on, you will remove the primer from the wrinkles and it will cake. Took me a few tries to perfect this combination, but I'm so happy I gave it a chance!

Popular Primer/ Correctors