Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this after receiving a sample from my best friend. This feels so nice on my skin, goes on smoothly and dries evenly. I don't wear foundation everyday, only on special occasions. But when I do i always use this primer beforehand. I notice that it minimizes my pores, makes my foundation go on much smoother and lasts longer. You only need a bit so the bottle will last a long time. A great product!

This product is genius!
I only wear a primer if I'm going out and not for everyday use because 1) it's pretty pricey and 2) because it's silicone based, I'm afraid my acne-prone skin would break out like no tomorrow with frequent use. I could be wrong. I know there's a new one that is water-based or something, but I haven't seen it lately at Sephora.
Whenever I wear this product I see how it affects the overall results of my makeup application. I start with a thin layer of oil-free moisturizer, followed by a dollop or two of the primer in green. I don't necessarily see the redness getting corrected but the texture of the skin is simply amazing. The primer evens out and smoothes the skin with a velvety finish to it. It dries fast and makes my mineral foundation and concealer blend in with very little effort. If you're skin is dry, flaky or uneven, this primer is perfect.
It definitely provided a lasting effect on my makeup. I used it last night, slept with my makeup on after a long night out and I woke up with the same look. I noticed I didn't have to touch up my makeup throughout the night (something I usually do), which is a great bonus.
For the first time I used it as an eyeshadow base as well and it really set the color in without ever creasing. I woke up with eyeshadow and eyeliner in place and went about my day like I had just put fresh makeup on. Now, I know it's bad to sleep with makeup on and you should wash your face in the morning but this just illustrates the power of the product.
If I ever find out that the primer won't cause any breakouts to my skin, I might start wearing this every single day, I don't care how much it costs!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i actually got a sample from smashbox catalogue.. !! WOW!!!!!!!!! it is soooooooooooooo smooth!!... I JUS wanna touch my skin.. very easy to spread foundation after.... but not sure if it covers pores or not..and not sure if it makes makeup lasts longer.. since it is super smooth and there's a travel size.. i will buy the travel size after i finish using my MUF base.

(not sure if it makes the makeup lasts longer)

UPDATE:.. I heard a lot of people would break out from this…. So “maybe” would not purchas because of this…and also found out that Quo has the primer that feels ALMOST the same as this smashbox primer. , but with ½ the price… so maybe itz better to get that?

I purchased this product just to try it out because of all the hype with it. I even purchased the to go tube from Ulta when they were having the friends and family sale. I got it for 40% off so it was pretty cheap when I bought it. I tried it on for a week and man I had the shiniest face ever! Like the review below me said, I would also have an oily t-zone by the end of the day but this product just made skin produce so much oil like there's no tomorrow! I ended up returning it because it's not worth my money. It's good to know this product worked for some people but this isn't just for me. So no, I would never buy this product again. :(

on 4/22/2008 9:06:00 PM

I purchased this product several months ago, and feel the need to try it out again every month or so (mainly due to it's price), however it's always a let down. Yes it goes on smooth and feels silky and my foundation glides right over it. Sadly within a few hours I have the oiliest, slickest, shiniest t-zone around. Normally, I get a little oily by the end of the day, but nothing of this magnitude.

on 4/21/2008 2:39:00 PM

I really like this product. Makes my skin very smooth. Will buy it again

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this. It's a must have. I can't do my makeup without it. It hides my large pores and makes any foundation looks so much smoother. If you don't use this already try and get a sample. You won't be disappointed. My only complaint is the packaging. I wish it came is a squeezable tube because at $30+ a bottle (and being used daily) I hate wasting the bits that stick to the corners of the bottle.
**Update 3/16/09** I'm sooooo over my infatuation with this product. After 3 bottles, I don't know what happened. All of a sudden it made me itch and break out. Gave it up and switched to Laura Geller Spackle in November. Works about the same. No breakouts yet.

on 4/17/2008 2:38:00 PM

The product itself is amazing! I have stopped using foundation and now only wear the primer. The only drawback is that the pump container that it's in doesn't allow you to get everything out of the jar; if you're really that desperate you have to go in with a q-tip and scrape down the edges, which is usually still a lot of product.
A must have though!

on 4/17/2008 1:19:00 AM

I tried this out at Ulta. The color was light. It was terrific. Went on invisibly and prevented my foundation from slipping into my pores the best of anything so far that I have tried. I'm still not a big primer fan. They are very pricey for what they *claim* to do. I guess I am old school but I think cleanser/toner/moisturizer is better than any primer.

on 4/16/2008 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

If you have acne-prone skin, please just DON'T.

Popular Primer/ Correctors