Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

on 4/4/2008 10:33:00 PM

I loved this primer. It's the only one I've ever tried, so I don't have any thing to compare it to, but I love how it make my skin feel so silky. The one thing that I hate about it is the packaging. Halfway through the bottle it stopped pumping out the product... I paid like 40 bucks for this little tiny jar and I want to get every little bit of primer in it. Next time I'll buy it in the tube but otherwise it's a great product.

on 4/3/2008 6:46:00 PM

Definately buy the travel size tube for this. It's easier to use and can easily be thrown in a makeup bag. It's a must have product. It leaves your skin oh-so-smooth and ready for makeup. Just make sure to let your skin absorb it for at least 5 minutes. Face is left smooth for foundation and/or powder. I always make sure I put this on for special ocassions.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like the feeling of my skin after I apply this product, and it really does keep my makeup put all day. It keeps my eyeshadow from creasing and my liner from smudging, which is top priority for me as this is usually a problem. My one complaint, as previously mentioned, is the packaging. You really have to dig to get the remaining product when the pump can no longer reach, a tube would be much more functional. Overall, good product, will likely repurchase, but will likely buy the travel size due to the tube packaging.

on 3/31/2008 4:13:00 AM

This is definitely my HG for a primer!! it kept my makeup smooth all day..barely any touch up needed...it makes my skin feels silky n super smooth! I really love this primer..after trying on the Laura Mercier n Mac...this one is AMAZING! my skin is a combo n using the regular photo finish primer is pretty good. if you have oily skin there is oil-free one and if u want SPF then there is one with SPF. trust me..this product is unbelievable! after u try this one...u will never try another primer =)

on 3/30/2008 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Does NOT live up to all the hype, IMO. My makeup slid right off, and it broke me out. Also, the bottle doesnt let you get it all out. If I was going to buy again, I would buy the travel tube. A better value, and easier to scrape every drop of product out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have combo/dry skin,usually not prone to acne.At first,I loved this primer,I really thought it gave me a smoother look after I applied my foundation.After a few days of using it,I broke out in horrible cystic acne (which I NEVER get!) I was so dissapointed bc I wanted to like this product.Now im scared to touch it + have reverted back to my MAC prep n prime.The feeling was very weird too,makes you feel like its clogging your pores.I've heard about the light version,but im a little scared to go near that as well!!

on 3/28/2008 1:35:00 PM

I've only used this primer and the one by MAC, and under comparison, I like this one better. I have fair skin, and my make-up artist friend suggest the purple one instead of the clear one to me. I used it for my wedding, and I always used it when I put on full make-up. It goes on easy and it makes your skin very smooth, and the only con I can think of is the packaging. After awhile, the pump doesn't work and you have to open it and dig in.

on 3/27/2008 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I seriously do not understand what all the hype is over this product. I’ve tried it numerous times and every single time have been extremely disappointed. I tend to have oily skin and this primer did nothing to combat oil, in fact I think it made it worse. My make up did not stay on longer, it caked in my pores and just made my face look horrible. For $40 a bottle I’d say skip this purchase and go get a facial!

on 3/25/2008 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I didn't like this at all. Didn't make me break out but it left my skin feeling horribly greasy, and my make up had no staying power whatsoever. Won't repurchase - there are better ones out there (to me) for less money.

on 3/24/2008 12:43:00 PM

I'm one of those who didn't "get" the whole primer thing until I tried this. It hasn't broken me out, which is nice, and it helps me not have to use nearly as much foundation as I normally would - which is great since my fave foundation has been discontinued and I'm treating my remaining bottle like it's made of platinum! It also doesn't pill up when I apply my foundation like my moisturizers tend to do. And the bottle should last me a good while, since a pea sized blob does the trick, so I'm pretty happy.

Popular Primer/ Correctors