April 19, 2014 | 1642 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2007 6:38:00 AM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like a lot of philosophy's products but this one is probably my least favorite. It makes me breakout every single time I use it. I have combo skin that tends to be more oily in the summer and very dry in the winter. My guess is it's the lactic acid in it because their microderm set also makes me breakout and lactic acid is also in it. To be honest the stuff really didn't moisturize that well, the packaging is cheap and the cost is too high.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2007 3:04:00 PM More reviews by vcanady

I actually really like this stuff. I don't mind the smell, but I should mention that I'm generally not a person who notices smells. It makes my skin really smooth and pretty. I would definitly buy again, however two complaints; it could be a bit more moisturizing, because by the end of the day my skin looks kind of dry. Also, the stupid jar thing! Every time I stick my fingers in it, I can't stop thinking about the icky bacteria, etc, that I'm spreading. It is a good product but could definitly be improved,

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by nessa_97

Complete waste of money, at least IMHO. Purchased the small jar at Sephora ($15). I have combination/dry skin that occasionally breaks out - and I needed something to last my all day. This didn't even last me an hour! I tried it for two straight days and got dry patches on my cheeks. My pores became huge and I had these awful lines under my eyes (I am 32, and was looking much, much older). I am going to try a couple of drug store brands - I don't think you need to spend a lot of money on great products!!!

If you have even moderately dry skin - RUN AWAY from this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2007 1:37:00 AM More reviews by habs1820

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hated this product. I didn't like that it came in a pot, I didn't like the smell and ( shock of all shocks) I didn't like how the product worked. I broke out- not just in those awful under the skin cystic pimples that take forever to surface but in little white bumps as well. Overall, this was "hopeless" and I can't believe it is so popular because it really did not work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2007 7:46:00 PM More reviews by totthediva82

I love this stuff! I don't get to buy it often, because it is quite pricey for me, $35 a jar from Sephora. But if I could I'd bathe in it. It is the best for calming imflamation. The smell never bothered me, but my ex hated it. But luckily, he's gone now, and my new guy doesn't seem to mind when I come to bed smelling of this stuff. I'm sure adding a couple drops of tea tree oil to the jar would kill the scent without hurting the cream. Awesome year round moisturizer for all skin types, just too darn expensive!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2007 2:58:00 PM More reviews by cassandrajane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It took me a while to get used to the smell of this (its kind of weird), but overall its a great moisturizer. My skin feels soft and supple all day and it seems to give a nice glow. Price is right too!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2007 1:18:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl156

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried and tried this cream over and over again. Each time I use it, my face breaks out. It's expensive and has a really weird smell to it. I guess some like it, but I don't. It's almost sickening to me. Maybe if it was fragrance free and had an Spf in it, I would stick with it longer...but I think for now...I'll skip buying this one again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Smacdonald

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I also don't understand how this gets low reviews! I really love this moisturizer and find myself going back to time and time again. I love how it melts into the skin so quickly and leaves my skin glowing!!! I have never broken out from this product and the only thing I don't like is the container and how we have to dip our fingers into it. Other than that, my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 12:28:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie5349

I am a little surprised that this didn't get a higher rating than it did. This is my HG moisturizer. I only have to use a TINY bit of this product on my skin. I purchased it while it was still hot outside, and I almost found it to be too moisturizing, even though it's 99% oil free. Now that the winter months are here, it's been perfect. I've been using it along with Purity Made Simple cleanser, and my face looks wonderful and has cleared up so much. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2007 8:02:00 PM More reviews by JulieLance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dry, sensitive skin and this made me break out so bad after about three nights...I tried for a while longer hoping it would settle down but it never did. So far, very disappointed in Philosophy....