Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 10/22/2011 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this product for about a month now and really happy with my purchase. It is really hard to get hold of this foundation in the UK especially to swatch them i had problems with picking the right shades. But after many cakey mac foundations which were either too orange or grey looking and breaking me out in painful cystic acne I think I have found my true love in...shade 153!

At first i was contemplating on buying it because of the price and i really didnt want to waste anymore money on a foundation that doesnt match my needs but i am so glad i have bought it now. I love how it comes with a pump when with some other foundations you would have to buy it seperately. It is well worth the money to buy something that goes on so naturally on to your skin and feel like you arent wearing any foundation. I use it to cover my acne scars and undereyes too and it does a okay job...loooove this! Now onto finding a matching concealer...

on 10/22/2011 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i dont mind this foundation, it is sort of like a medium coverage foundation. i do need to use the MUFE HD primer so it stays longer. i have oily skin, i do have to blot from time to time. on blemishes and dry patches, applying extra moisturizer will definitely help. i am not sure if i will re-purchase, unless i cant find anything better - i miss my Prescriptive full coverage matte foundation :'(

on 10/22/2011 12:29:00 AM

I actually hated this product. It didn't look natural on my skin at all. The woman at sephora told me in the store that I just needed to moisturizer before I wore it and my face would look flawless..... Well I did that. I really wanted to like this product but it looked Cakey and not smooth at all! I have clear, smooth skin and I dont need that much help so I was surprised that this did more damage than help. No thank you. It's put me off make up for ever, forever.

on 10/21/2011 5:36:00 PM

On my constant hunt for the perfect foundation (for pale, dry and sensitive sin) I came across the HD foundation by MUFE. Before I had their Matt+ foundation which was okay, but made for oily skin, so I always had to mix it with some cream so that I could distribute it evenly on my super dry face.
When I found out about the HD range...I wanted to give it a try. I read lots of rave-reviews about it, went excited to the store and....got disappointed: None of the colors were matching my skin, plus they seemed to be very disorganized.
Anyways, the MUA their gave me the "lightest" color (which wasn't the lowest number....) but it looked far too dark and too pink. But since I really wanted to give this foundation a try....I bought it. If it wouldn't be for me, I still could use it on my clients.
At home I did a little more research on the strange color selection they have and read, that the foundations were made mainly for arabic women with different skin tones (dunno if this is true...).
Still I wanted to give it a try.
It comes with a pump and it is very very thin. I applied it to my face with the 187 and it truely was the wrong shade buuut....after blending it out it kinda adjusted to my skin tone and it really became my skin. Although it was so thin and watery, coverage was surprisingly high without caking or creasing.
Yesterday I finished the bottle of it: Very long lasting; little bit goes a looong way, adjusting to my skin tone, really looks like skin not make-up.
Still I want to try other foundations before purchasing this again, reasons for that:
- the color selection: although it was adjusting to my skin tone, I'm not sure if it would when I had to apply more of it
- price
- packaging: When I finished 2/3 of it, the pump "broke"...I don't know what went wrong, I didn't dropped it or anything but one day when I opened my make-up case....foundation was everywhere except in the bottle

For now I'm using MAC Studio Sculpt again since I really really like the smoothing effect it has on my skin - something I really missed with the HD one.
But I think I'd buy it again next summer when I'm in need for a foundation that stays on during sweaty hotworking days without becoming a mask or rubbing off.

on 10/21/2011 4:12:00 PM

I got a very large sample of this at Sephora and really loved it the first day or two. it blended well, gave a polished look, and didn't feel too heavy.
However, i noticed a few large, under-the-skin-demon-pimples over the course of the week i tried it, which have cleared up since switching to another foundation. overall i think this is a solid foundation choice but i don't think it is a quality skin-care product and tended to create and intensify skin issues. I ended up buying Tarte's ReCreate foundation which i love and find is actually improving my skin quality. MUFE, while being a solid foundation seemed to be putting me in a vicious cycle of creating skin issues, covering them, then creating more.
i wouldn't recommend this for someone with generally good skin looking for a daily foundation for a polished look.

on 10/20/2011 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I really like this foundation, It gives me a really polished look without looking like I have any make up on. I'm not sure that I would call it full coverage though. I have fairly clear skin so all I really need is for a foundation to even out my skin tone which this does do, but If you had many pimples or imperfections I'm not sure how well this would cover them, you would definitely need concealer . The foundation is fairly watery which I like because I find that these sort of foundations look more natural, I feel like the purpose of foundation is to make your skin look perfect not to look like you have paint all over your face. So if you like your foundation thick then this probably isn't for you. The color range is fantastic and matches my skin nicely. Overall I like this and would buy again.

on 10/16/2011 9:19:00 PM

I gave thsi a 4 for two reasons. One is that despite the amazing color selection even the lightest shade is a tad too dark for me and I have to mix this with another lighter foundation from a different brand. Also the price, it's expensive. if you can get around that though it's the best foundation I have ever used. It makes acne scarring basically disspear and really looks flawlesss on lasting all day. I would reccomend it to others but I will only repurchase it in the summer since I will be dark enough to use it :)

on 10/16/2011 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Perfect for summer!! It is a light foundation, specifically designed for HD cameras and film, so don't expect thick and heavy coverage foundation (such as Mac). I love this because it literally just feels like your wearing nothing. In summer, i plan to use only one layer. For now I'm using one layer, but to build a little more colour and coverage I apply a 2nd layer on the centre of my forehead, nose, chin and under eye area. It is impossible to use too much because it is very light. Better coverage and staying power than a tinted moisturizer and light enough to look like you don't have foundation on :) just great skin... perfect!!

on 10/14/2011 1:44:00 AM

My favorite foundation thus far! I am a tinted moisturizer lover, but I needed something with more coverage for special occasions and to cover acne scars in photographs, etc. This foundation is amazing for people who don't want the caked-with-foundation look. It leaves skin smooth and glowy, not too matte or cakey. It has good coverage and is buildable. I usually put just one thin layer all over my face and another thin layer over zits and acne scars, and I don't even need concealer! The color I have runs a tad too yellow for me and the colors were kind of difficult to decide between with the lighting in my Sephora, but I did notice that had a good selection of shades.
Pros:
-not cakey
-leaves skin smooth and glowing
-good range of shades
-photographs well
-natural looking
Cons
-expensive ($40+)
-runs yellow

Give this a try if you want a natural but better look!

on 10/14/2011 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really like this foundation. I have dry skin and it does not emphasize dryness or settle into little lines. I also have freckles and melasma (from pregnancies) and it evens out my skin without looking heavy. I use a foundation brush to apply and it blends perfectly.