August 22, 2014 | 1025 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by xieanthe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best liquid foundation I have used in a long long time. I moisturize first and apply the HD elixir, then use a stippling brush to apply the foundation - it is very easy to over apply it, it only takes a tiny drop to do my whole face. It covers amazingly well, even my rosacea redness disappears. I top it with the HD powder. It lasts all day and I am finally getting compliments on my skin again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by tadeusz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

On good skin days (no flakes, my dry skin is actually hydrated) and dim lighting this stuff looks good on me. On bad skin days (flakey and dry) or broad daylight, not so much. I wanted to love this based on all the great reviews but it made any and every dry patch look worse, its coverage wasn't enough for my scars, it caked up in areas (especially undereyes), and it was expensive to boot. I applied this on top of their HD primer with a brush (once with fingers, but that was a mistake) but still could not get the amazing results a lot of other reviewers were able to get. I guess this foundation just isn't right for my skin type, which is unfortunate because MUFE definitely has a good color selection and I was able to find my perfect shade (#117).

EDIT:
I decided to try out this foundation again and I cannot believe the results I got this time. I tried just about every way to apply this my first time around, except with a duo fiber stippling brush. This one change has made HD go on smoothly and not cake up where I had problems with caking before. 1 pump is enough to cover my entire face, and it no longer emphasizes dry patches unless it's over a pimple. While it does not completely cover my red acne scars, it definitely evens out my skin tone and I just go back over with MUFE full cover concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by LorraineCee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the greatest foundation I have ever used! I've just ran out and decided to buy MAC's studio fix fluid, and it doesn't measure up to MUFE's HD foundation one bit. It has great packaging - LOVE the pump, gives a great luminous look to the skin without looking caked on or looking fake. There is no weird or uncomfortable scent to carry around with you, and a little goes a LONG way. Great staying power as well for me. Will purchase again!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to see what all the hype was about on this foundation, so I got a bottle and I'm sorry, but this is not one of the best foundations on the market. I didn't care for the feel of this and it did nothing special for me. In my opinion, Lancome's Tient Miracle foundation is 10 times better if you want a flawless face with beautiful coverage. Sorry, but I'll stick to Lancome.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Jaded11885

I really don't see what all the fuss is about with this product...it works okay but no better than any other pricey foundation. The coverage wasn't great either. I applied it with a damp beauty blender sponge and several different shapes of brushes and it went on the same. Still needed concealer, it broke my face out, and was way too dry for dry skin even after Philosophy Hope In A Jar moisturizer!!! Don't think I'll but it again. Maybe better for someone who has great skin already.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by dzcml88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably the first foundation my skin has felt totally comfortable with. My skin's healing from severe acne and is pretty sensitive and can get oily with the wrong things on. With other foundations - the Mat Velvet + (for comparison's sake), my skin gets more oily than it normally would without something on. And I feel the layer of gunk on my skin, but this one doesn't.
It covers my acne-scarring and problem areas well enough with just one layer. If I was going out, I'd add concealer and probably a bit more of the foundation where needed. I'd class it as light-medium coverage, but very buildable. I don't think it claims to provide full coverage. I haven't experienced any cakey-ness, and it doesn't cling to flakes at all, for me. Maybe it's because I apply with a (damp - when I feel like it) sponge. I absolutely love the finish it gives - dewy - not overly though.

When used in conjunction with the MUFE HD primer, it can really last for a while, despite the humid weather where I am, even without powder over top.

Don't think I have anything bad to say other than that it's a bit pricey and the bottle is quite bulky - not great for travel unlike the Mat Velvet +. I'd still pick this over the Mat Velvet + any day though.

In sum...
Pros:
1) Lightweight and feels like 2nd skin
2) Looks like 2nd skin. Blends right in.
3) Excellent for acne-prone/combination skin. I do not get oily/breakout despite the tropical climate!!!
4) Buildable without looking cakey (when applied correctly, I guess)
5) Gives a lovely not-overly-dewy finish.

Cons:
1) Not the longest lasting foundation without a primer
2) Pretty pricey - but worth it in my opinion.
3) Packaging is not very travel-friendly

Shade: Right now, I'm quite fair, probably an NC25-30/Shu Uemura face architect foundation 754/Mat Velvet + 35 - bit lighter actually. The MUA gave me 127 (was PERFECT), but since I'll be going on holiday, she said to take a 140 to accommodate a bit of a tan. Because it's so lightweight and blends so well, you can't really see the difference. The colour selection available is excellent too.
---
*UPDATE: You get better coverage applying this with a foundation (paddle) brush. I pat it on, then smooth it out. No cakey-ness whatsoever =)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by rebeccawangxiaoyin

I'm very fond of this foundation. Though I have so many other foundations to try that I can't commit exclusively to this foundation, I don't have any complaint against it. The texture is very nice. The coverage is just right for my liking. There is a wide range of shades to choose from. I've heard others complaining that this looks cakey, but I think the key point is that with this foundation you have to apply very thinly and work it into you skin, rather than apply a whole lot all at once or layer too much on the entire face, which can totally accentuate any dry spot on your face. I'm not sure whether it is claimed as a full coverage foundation, but I find it tend to look not so beautiful, especially in real life, when you try to build this up to the full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by kristeli10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is so far the BEST LIQUID FOUNDATION I ever used, and will ONLY USE forever! $40 is worth every penny. The color perfectly match my tone and there are alot of variety colors to match from. Im NW 120. I truly love this foundation. It evens out my skin tone and feels so light I barely feel any foundation on. I have oily skin but it doesn't look so oily in the light specially when I take picture with flash. Although..the only bad side is, in the middle of the day I usually use blotting linen to remove those excess shine :(. I dont need a full coverage. Like everyone said, it doesnt give full coverage so concealer could help :(. But overall, it's a good foundation. :). I may try the matt+velvet foundation from MUFE :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by queijada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It kills me to drop $40 on a foundation, but I love this! I'm an NC25, but wear #118. The color range is terrific & I'm very pleased with my match. I consider this a medium-coverage foundation--I have some brown spots & freckles that show through a bit, but since the finish is dewy & natural, I'll live with that. I'm super oily, and shine is still a challenge on my forehead & cheeks. I buff it on with a flat-top buffer for a soft finish. I like that one pump is all I need for my entire face, so it will last for a long time. I've very acne prone & haven't had any problem with this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by sunshinelu

Sadly I'll be returning this because it breaks me out horribly :(. I always moisturize first, have tried with and without primer, lightly set with powder, and wash my face with my Clarisonic at the end of the day. I rarely get bad pimples and this stuff gave me an ugly set of SIX bright red pimples on my chin. So gross! I'm sure this works well for a lot of people so I'm not going to rate it badly. Everyone's skin is different so we just have to keep experimenting until we find our HG foundation :)