September 18, 2014 | 1774 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2005 6:48:00 PM More reviews by wabdon

I bought this a while ago and can't remember which number but I think it's #9 a medium beige. I have asian yellow-tone,combo skin with few post-acne marks. The shade looked good in store but when I applied it the next day in natural light, it didn't match.It was too beige and not enough yellow so I think they should expand their shade selection. overall I liek this foundation. It provides med-full coverage, it's layers well and blends well. you only need a pea size since it spreads easily. it has a thick consistency which I love and doesn't feel greasy upon application. at first, it leaves a dewy look but it fades into a semi-matte natural finish. It covers redness and evens out my skintone very well that I don't need to apply concealer over my post-acne marks. It doesn't cover it completely but it makes it less noticeble. It even covered my red inflammed zit that I skipped concealer! I don't feel like I'm wearing a "mask" and it doesn't cake or accentuate my problem skin,in fact it really makes my skin look flawless. So far, I haven't broken out since I don't use it daily. Also, I like the spatula since you don't have to pour it out and make a mess but a pump dispenser would have been better. For $48 cdn, it is expensive but worth it if you cna find your shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2005 5:48:00 PM More reviews by thuymy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Liquid -> Make Up For Ever -> Mat Velvet Oil Free Foundation makes your skin look absolutely beautiful. The color is GREAT especially Natural Beige 9. BAD thing: Clogs your pore big time. I will get little pimples each time I used it.

This makeup would be great for parties or special occasion. I think if you used it once a while, it would be OK. This foundation would not be recommended for daily usage because it clogs your pore especially if you have Oily/Acne Prone Skin. It has BeesWax, Cyclopentasiloxane which is some type of silcone, Sodium Chloride, and Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein. All of these ingredients listed makes you break out espeicallly if you are prone to pimples or acne.

Cap of the Bottle is terrible. It's so big and gets messy.

Foundation would be great for someone with dry skin or someone who never gets a break out.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2005 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Bubbalish

If you want your face to scream "look at me, I am wearing foundation" then this is the foundation for you. It's thick, looks cakey and creases into fine lines. It also comes off onto everything my skin touches. It's one of the worst foundations I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2005 2:21:00 PM More reviews by raincheck

This is my favorite foundation. I have oily acne-prone skin and it works so well. One day I put Lorac satin finish on one side and MUFE #9 on the other side. At the end of the day the Lorac had settled into the fine lines and looked blotchy. MUFE still looked great. I set it with the MUFE loose powder which is the best powder ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2005 6:07:00 AM More reviews by beaty

I love this foundation. It is oil free, perfect for my combination skin. Coverage is medium and they have 12 shades. Number 4 is perfect for my NC30 Skin. It has SPF 20 and costed me 20 dolars in special offer. It has everything!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2005 5:08:00 PM More reviews by jennifer1014

This foundation is the best! It has a lot of pigment compared to other foundations but w/o feeling too heavy. A little definitely goes a long way. I have to admit that even though it seems a bit pricey A) it lasts me about 6 months and B) it is so much better than comparably priced items that I have tried. Even though I had loved this foundation I decided to give other brands such as Chanel, Bare Minerals and Sue Devitt a try, but I have to say that no other product gives me the coverage I need. It is not cakey, mask looking or anything. Why I decided to give other items a go is beyond me, but all I know is that I HAVE to go back. As for the Matte affect, I have to say that I cannot recall how effective it was (I am more about the coverage because I feel like nothing can keep the shine away all day). Also, the packaging is a bit weird. I recommend that you let the product drip onto your hand/sponge/foundation brush so that you do not contaminate the product by sliding your fingers onto the wand.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2005 5:08:00 PM More reviews by AngieJolie

The BEST foundation i have ever used!!!! Will repurchase!!! I have combo skin and this stuff smooths on like butter. I don't smear it all over my face:just on certain spots where it's needed. I use it with Super Mat Loose Powder and my complexion is evened out. European cosmetics are the way to go if you want quality. It's expensive but worth the investment.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2005 9:56:00 PM More reviews by jenny625

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this foundation at a fraction of the cost on eBAY, and I actually like it. The packaging is a little weird - I would prefer a pump, but other than that it's pretty good. I have this in Amber, and I find it works better if you let it dry and then pat on a powder. It's definitely a full coverage foundation. Over all, I like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2005 2:29:00 PM More reviews by 918AhAnU819

Loved it at first...loved the long-lasting matte finish it gave my skin. However, this particular foundation gave me the oilies after about 1 week of use. My skin just seemed to get oilier and oilier after each use. I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2005 3:31:00 PM More reviews by soyday

I love this foundation. It gets pretty expensive for me because I buy the ivory beige and the light beige and mix them together to get the right shade. With a makeup sponge it blends in like a dream and you can layer for more coverage. It makes my skin look so smooth. Sometimes I mix two small drops with tinted moisturizer. Not thrilled with the spatula-like applicator though...I will keep buying this.