September 1, 2014 | 1246 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2005 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Bubbalish

If you want your face to scream "look at me, I am wearing foundation" then this is the foundation for you. It's thick, looks cakey and creases into fine lines. It also comes off onto everything my skin touches. It's one of the worst foundations I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2005 2:21:00 PM More reviews by raincheck

This is my favorite foundation. I have oily acne-prone skin and it works so well. One day I put Lorac satin finish on one side and MUFE #9 on the other side. At the end of the day the Lorac had settled into the fine lines and looked blotchy. MUFE still looked great. I set it with the MUFE loose powder which is the best powder ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2005 6:07:00 AM More reviews by beaty

I love this foundation. It is oil free, perfect for my combination skin. Coverage is medium and they have 12 shades. Number 4 is perfect for my NC30 Skin. It has SPF 20 and costed me 20 dolars in special offer. It has everything!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2005 5:08:00 PM More reviews by jennifer1014

This foundation is the best! It has a lot of pigment compared to other foundations but w/o feeling too heavy. A little definitely goes a long way. I have to admit that even though it seems a bit pricey A) it lasts me about 6 months and B) it is so much better than comparably priced items that I have tried. Even though I had loved this foundation I decided to give other brands such as Chanel, Bare Minerals and Sue Devitt a try, but I have to say that no other product gives me the coverage I need. It is not cakey, mask looking or anything. Why I decided to give other items a go is beyond me, but all I know is that I HAVE to go back. As for the Matte affect, I have to say that I cannot recall how effective it was (I am more about the coverage because I feel like nothing can keep the shine away all day). Also, the packaging is a bit weird. I recommend that you let the product drip onto your hand/sponge/foundation brush so that you do not contaminate the product by sliding your fingers onto the wand.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2005 5:08:00 PM More reviews by AngieJolie

The BEST foundation i have ever used!!!! Will repurchase!!! I have combo skin and this stuff smooths on like butter. I don't smear it all over my face:just on certain spots where it's needed. I use it with Super Mat Loose Powder and my complexion is evened out. European cosmetics are the way to go if you want quality. It's expensive but worth the investment.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2005 9:56:00 PM More reviews by jenny625

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this foundation at a fraction of the cost on eBAY, and I actually like it. The packaging is a little weird - I would prefer a pump, but other than that it's pretty good. I have this in Amber, and I find it works better if you let it dry and then pat on a powder. It's definitely a full coverage foundation. Over all, I like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2005 2:29:00 PM More reviews by 918AhAnU819

Loved it at first...loved the long-lasting matte finish it gave my skin. However, this particular foundation gave me the oilies after about 1 week of use. My skin just seemed to get oilier and oilier after each use. I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2005 3:31:00 PM More reviews by soyday

I love this foundation. It gets pretty expensive for me because I buy the ivory beige and the light beige and mix them together to get the right shade. With a makeup sponge it blends in like a dream and you can layer for more coverage. It makes my skin look so smooth. Sometimes I mix two small drops with tinted moisturizer. Not thrilled with the spatula-like applicator though...I will keep buying this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2005 6:34:00 PM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was for me one of the worst foundations I have ever had the misfortune to try. The MA who was practising my wedding make up chose this for me as it seemed appropriate (I have very oily skin in the summer) she chose a shade that looked alright and then set it with lose powder. When I looked in the mirror I not only looked about ten years older, but was shining as though I had my face painted with vegetable oil! This may be 'oil free' but it won't necessarilly stop you looking as though you've a layer of varnish on you. The coverage was too opaque and heavy and so looked totally unnatural on me I think there are lots of sillicones in there. I couldn't wait to rush home and wash my face so that I'd look normal again, needless to say I didn't use that MA for my big day.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2005 5:48:00 PM More reviews by EveryGreatLove22

I am in love with this stuff. The price may seem high, but since you don't need to use a lot at a time, it lasts forever. I have very acne prone skin, and I don't have any problems with breakouts. My favorite thing about this product is that the coverage is amazing- especially for an oil free product. It has maximum coverage but doesn't look cakey. Additionally, it makes your skin look matte, but doesn't dry it out, and it doesn't bring out dryness by causing skin to flake. Amazing!