April 18, 2014 | 1573 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet PLUS Matifying Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2004 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Hedd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Excellent coverage for medium to full look. Very good color selection for yellow undertone skin (like myself). Good texture and light feeling on skin. And it does not break me out! ;)

Update: After an hour the product oxidized on my tan skin and I end up orange and with an oil slick all over my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2004 10:07:00 AM More reviews by cdsf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall I like this product. Honestly my skin does so much better without any foundation. It's much clearer and more smooth. But unfortunately it is a little pink in some areas so when I need to even out my skin tone and cover blemishes, this product works. I love the color, I'm using #1 (I'm MAC NC25) and the color is perfect for me. Only small complaint is that I feel a little greasy after wearing. I don't know if it is the foundation or if it is just my skin acting up from the weather. Also, my skin is usually oily/acne prone but tends to get dehydrated in the winter. I feel like my drier patches are accentuated with this product. Using a moisturizer first helps. Overall I like the coverage I get from this product but I will continue the search. I may or may not re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2004 10:01:00 PM More reviews by emshell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this foundation after seeing it on the MUA top picks and I am so glad I tried it! I have oily skin and this really works to give a nice matte finish. I love the medium to full coverage too!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2004 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Larushka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation covers up almost anything without looking unnatural at all. It is relatively heavy coverage, but it's perfect for photographs or as the basis for a classic, "made-up" face, especially in winter and in the evening. During the day, it's best used sparingly, either simply applied to "problem areas" and well blended, or even mixed with a small amount of colourless, oil-free moisturiser before applying. The only other foundation I own is NARS Gel Fraîcheur (San Moritz), and when I need anything heavier, Mat Velvet suffices. I use the shade 01, which is a good match for my fair, warmish skin (although a little bit too dark in the dead of winter).

I do have some trouble with the bottle, because the foundation tends to run into the cap if the bottle isn't kept upright, and then there's some waste or spillage. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2003 9:40:00 PM More reviews by merganser

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is very nice. I've only worn it a few times but so far I love the results. I found a good color match in #1. It holds up well on my skin which is combo with a rather oily t-zone. It covers well but still looks natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2003 11:31:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great matte foundation. I, with oily skin, wore it all day, with no blots or touch ups needed ever. It wore like nothing I have ever used. The foundation itself is very runny and not heavy. It appeared too dark in the bottle, but once I started blending, it magically changed to a much lighter color! Very odd! The shade I chose, #8, is great for a pale person like me, and is a good neutral, non-pink ivory color. It didn't streak, didn't settle into any fine lines, and made my skin look flawless. I wish it had a pump dispenser. UPDATE: Cannot wear this anymore because it is so matte, and accentuates any dry flakes, as my skin has changed. I am no longer as oliy as I used to be. This is still a fine alternative to something like Colorstay.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2003 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Kellyp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this foundation! It really comes in some decent colors. I mistakenly chose #1 first, but it had too much gray in it. I called the MUFE Boutique in Manhattan for some advice on descriptions of colors and she highly suggested the #8 and it is totally perfect, neutral nice ivory color, not yellow, not pink just perfect and it truly does give you the look of PERFECT Skin! I also bought the Face and Body but I'm not as crazy about it as I am for the Mat Velvet, which lasts all day long.
I will definitely buy this again, as long as I don't wind up getting dried out from it. I have normal skin, which tends to get drier in the winter. Just a key note: The SA at the MUFE Boutique also suggested using a light layer of the Face and body and just put the Mat Velvet on where you want a little extra coverage, or apply it with a damp sponge for sheerer coverage. I may give this a try.
UPDATE: I loved this one and the Face and Body one, however, after a week of using them, they caused some MAJOR cystic acne on me. Such a bummer, because I guess if I didn't have sensitive skin, they would have been PERFECT!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2003 8:32:00 PM More reviews by cookiegal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow! this has got to be one of the best foundations out there, im a PPP, with sensitve, acne prone skin, which is oily, but has a lot of surface flakies from acne products--and this foundation makes me look like i have flawless skin! it doesnt get greasy, yet doesnt highlight any dry spots either--perfect! one bad thing is that the bottle sends to leak if it falls over tho, watch out!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2003 4:51:00 PM More reviews by veggigoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this is #2 which is supposed to be a light beige. It's actually a very deep carmel tofee color! Very bad! It's about 5 shades darker then the color swatch on Sephora! So far I am completely un-impressed with Sephora. Have yet to actually keep an item from them.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2003 12:20:00 PM More reviews by littlecargo

it's coverage is perfect for day time use , but the colour doesn't match me so much , it 's little bit pink~~

i suggest to use MUFA make up base before applying this foundation~