August 20, 2014 | 1756 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2005 5:55:00 PM More reviews by msmags

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great mascara for defining and lengthening lashes. I have fairly long lashes, and this mascara really makes them pop. I do find that too much product comes out on the wand, and I have to wipe it off before applying. But I haven't found any other mascara that give me quite the "doe-eyed bambie" look quite like this mascara. It is quite expensive (~25CDN), and I don't think lasts as long as it should (I find it tends to flake and dry out in about 1-2 months). But alas, it works really well for me, and doesn't irritate my eyes (I also wear contacts).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2005 3:40:00 PM More reviews by nell01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara a lot because it does not run and give me racoon eyes. It stays put. Gives your eyelashes a natural look not fake and clumpy like some others. Don't expect miracles but if you are already blessed with long eyelashes, this one is for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2005 11:30:00 PM More reviews by keahi

I have a million of these in my makeup drawer from GWP's but I rarely ever use one. Nothing about this mascara impresses me although it doesn't have any really annoying tendencies either. Pros: it doesn't seem to clump or flake much and is easy to remove. Cons: it doesn't seem to lengthen or thicken very much. Good if you want a very subtle look I guess. Me, I want the thickest fringe possible. The fact that I have about 20 trial sizes of this mascara and I still go out and purchase something different when I need a new mascara ought to tell you something.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2005 6:39:00 PM More reviews by SnowyAvalanche

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG (I get them when they have GWP mini's.) I love it. Stays put untill I was it off. Natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2005 3:25:00 AM More reviews by fairladyluvs2shop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I keep going back to this! I have tried Prescriptives, Mayballine, L'Oreal, Revlon and several others. My eyelashes are fairly long and have decent volume but w/o mascara they disappear. It wears well. Clumps some toward the end of the bottle. It may not be my HG just b/c of the cost but it sure comes close!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2005 7:14:00 PM More reviews by EllesJuicieGlosses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my hg mascara!!! If you like long separated lashes, you have found your match! although I love Amplicils as a base, once it dries a bit I put this on the tips and they make my lashes so super long, unbelievable (p.s. use a curler!!). There is no equal to this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2005 2:08:00 PM More reviews by alexei9

I really do not understand this mascara having a HG status for anyone. I am generally partial to almost all of Lancome's products...except for any of their mascaras. This is by far the worst. Clumps like all get-out. Horrible wand with huge gaps between bristles where loads of mascara pools-only to be left as gunky clumps on lashes in the attempt to apply-this wand may work if you wipe 80% of the product off with a tissue before applying-but I'd rather not spend $$$ on a mascara that is mostly wasted in this manner. Mascara's from the parent company, L'Oreal, are superior, and if you tissue off the wand, at least you're not wasting megabucks. Save yourself the expense and the raccoon eyes and buy L'Oreal Voluminous instead.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2005 7:05:00 PM More reviews by doodlebop

I have used this for a long time, occasionally straying into other brands, but I always come back to this. For me this is the only mascara I can depend on not to smear under my eyes. I like this because it just "defines" my eyelashes with a little color, adds some fullness and length. That's all I want, and with Definicils I get it -WITHOUT SMUDGES.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2005 3:14:00 PM More reviews by daza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately yes, I would buy this product again (considering I've bought it about 5 times). Itís soo expensive, but I can't find anything to compete with it.
Update: I still love Definicils, but I've since tried Hypnose, and it's even better! P.S. I couldn't help but notice that A LOT of the lousy reviews for this product, were from people that were rating the GWP sample. IMHO, you cannot get an accurate impression from a sample!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2005 3:11:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I'm not sure why I've never reviewed this... I've had tons of the GWP version, but I've never purchased the full-size version.

It's an ok/decent mascara...

The pros are that it holds the curl all day, and it doesn't clump. It really separates the lashes. Also, it's easy to remove.

The cons are that the color is not a true black (it's more like a charcoat gray, and being someone that likes DARK black, this just doesn't do it for me in that dept). Also, it doesn't really give the thickening/volumizing effect that I would like in a mascara. And, it doesn't have a tendency to smudge under the eyes.

So, the overall verdict is, if someone were to give me this, I'd use it. And if I got a GWP version, I'd use it. But I probably wouldn't purchase it for myself.