July 25, 2014 | 1915 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2003 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a really nice light gel cream great for my combination skin. I love that it sinks right in and leaves my skin matte and comfortable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2003 5:14:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product did nothing for my dry skin. Because of the name, I expected a richer moisturizer. For someone with oily skin, this would probably be a good product, but I just didn't feel the "surge."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2003 3:20:00 PM More reviews by mapn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Terrific moisturizer! I use it every day under makeup and then again before going to bed. I have combination skin and this product is oil-free so it doesn't clog my pores. My skin is also really sensitive and this moisturizer doesn't irritate my skin. I can't see this product working as a mask though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2003 9:57:00 AM More reviews by laurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I expecpected more moisturizing power from this. My skin starts feeling tight after just a couple of hours applying this. It did not irritate my skin witch is a positive thing. I could use this at summer if there was a sunscreen in it. I also prefer more hygienic package solutins than this one has.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2003 10:49:00 AM More reviews by wongp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't like this product, it's stinging when applied and it gives me breakouts! I was using Dermalogica skin smoothing cream but since it's quite expensive, I want to use it and MSE alternatively. I applied MSE at night and the next morning, I was so shocked to find out that I had one painful big zit and two or three little ones on my face!! I had to stop using MSE and my skin went back to normal. Stay away from this product if you have acne-prone skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2003 5:38:00 PM More reviews by pinkangel3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Received this as gwp and it is wonderful...helps my dry skin feel soft and am happy to have it...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2003 4:56:00 PM More reviews by KAHMEH

This is a pretty good partner for my sensitive combination/dry skin. As everyone else said, it's a light pink gel in a classy-looking jar (not the most sanitary thing in the world, but it IS cute). It's very easy to apply, and sinks in pretty quickly after application. Sometimes, it can feel sticky or rubbery for a little while, but boy, does it make your skin glow like a baby's! I really like this stuff, but I keep switching around because it's not QUITE mouisturizing enough for me -- my forehead and cheeks start flaking by late afternoon. I know you're supposed to reapply it throughout the day as needed, even over makeup, but it's a pretty big jar, and a pain in the a$$ to carry around. For $32, I'd like it to work all day, thankyouverymuch.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2003 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Loveztony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Clinique's Moisture Surge Extra does soften your skin when applied but I feel that it doesnt quite moisturizes it because it feel dry a few minutes later. I would have to keep re-applying until I am satisfied and that would be 2-3 applications. It comes in a fancy jar but I would rather it be an upside down tube with a flip top cap. It's very pricey cleaning me out close to 35 dollars. It's my first time purchasing this product from Clinique and it will also be my last.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2003 3:47:00 PM More reviews by vink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it!!! For my super dry skin, this one is among the best in my skin care collection. Use it since the old "just surge" line. Got recommended to use it as a mask, but since I"m too lazy, I just leave it as the leave-in moisture. It's just great!!! Everytime I feel tight, dry and tingle, just slash it on and voila!!! If you have a very dry skin and always feel like you need more for your skin, this is the product you should try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2003 11:44:00 AM More reviews by nobiki

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i finally finished my sample jar of this, it took forever (.21oz). and even after using it all this time, i am unsure what to make of it.

it has a great gel-cream texture, but it applies like gel. yet, unlike gel on my skin, it sinks in quickly and completely, a huge big plus. after use, the skin that is dry feels less tight, while the skin that is oily (i am combo) doesn't feel oilier.

used overnight, my entire face feels softer and less stressed (i am also sensitive). there isn't really a fragrance that i can tell - nothing floral, instead a slightly plant-like plastic smell.

this would be an awesome cream except for one problem - i can't use it for more than a few days without sprouting new pimples. i am not super-acne prone, but i do get my share of pimples from skin care products. yet, even after i found this problem, i continued to use it on my dry cheeks during our abnormally cold winter this year. and sure enough, my cheeks are moisturized, but they have little spots, which is almost unheard of for me.

so, i doubt i will repurchase this. loved the texture, loved the moisture, hate the spots. unless i can prove to myself the spots were due to something else (not likely) in which case i might repurchase. see, i said still wasn't sure about it. continued >>