September 22, 2014 | 1895 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2003 9:52:00 AM More reviews by KaraLee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to say, I don't think I like gel-based moisturizers. I really like the total turnaround and DDML much better than this. It doesn't really sink into my skin and leaves a really weird residue...I'll be giving it to my sister.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2003 12:11:00 PM More reviews by serenalee

I received a sample of this from my Sis and it's awesome! I haven't used Clinique products for about ten years but I really like this moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2003 5:27:00 AM More reviews by 405hung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Clinique moisture was one of my staples during my early 20s--at that time I have acne- prone skin and get oily in just a few minutes right after my wash my face!! It is light,non-greasy, works well with suncreen and foundation especially in summer time. However, if you have combination skin, you might need extra moisturizer to pump your skin before the your go to bed.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2003 11:09:00 PM More reviews by sandymontreal

The gel didn't seem to be absorbed by my skin. Although it felt nice during application, it just left a slight film over my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2003 11:47:00 AM More reviews by dryers

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really nice moisturizer. My sister feels the difference after applying it too. I use it in winter at night under my usual moisturizers. It's one of my must-haves in dry seasons.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2003 9:56:00 AM More reviews by 1MegMeg

My skin is pretty oily, but I think it is starting to change because lately it has been a little less oily than normal. Because of this, I wanted a heavier moisturizer at night. I had a GWP of MSE, so I gave it a whirl. Didn't like it at all! The gel consistency didn't feel like it soaked in at all, but rather it just left a sticky film on my face. It does feel cool and silky when I spread it on, but within 10 minutes my face was tight and dry feeling again. I will not be purchasing a full-size container of this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2003 2:38:00 AM More reviews by paleviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was enticed by the peach coloring and smooth, gel-like consistency of this product. I don't like it much. I have fairly dry skin, and this sinks right in, gone without a trace, and I still feel dry and tight. For $35, I can find a cream more suited to my skin. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2003 5:34:00 PM More reviews by SonnySuz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think women don't quite understand what this product is. It's not your typical moisturizer, but a moisture treatment (that's why they advertise it can be used as a mask or applied over your makeup or under your moisturizer). It's strickly a gel, & oil free, therefore it's excellent for those who have oily skin but still need some moisture added to their skin. This product is designed to go on wet, then after it dries, it gives a matte finish. Now if your skin is normal to dry, in addition to using this product you would have to add a true moisturizer on top. But trully you'd really be better off buying Clinique's Moisture on Line(my favorite) which is a cream-gel combination designed for dry skin & works extremely well (same price $31.00). If you're skin is normal or combo then use their Moisture on Call. Moisture Surge is better suited for oily skin or for days when tempertures exceed 80% & you don't want anything heavy on your face, but it does not contain a sunscreen. Also, I agree with 1 of the posters who said there is something in it that stings my face upon contact, but then it stops & there's no other reaction. Hope this clears things up.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2003 3:46:00 AM More reviews by SumSum

This is the worst moisturzier i have ever had in my life! The packaging is very bad, the germ can still enter the bottle after it closed. The moisturzing properities is not enough and it leaves a oily and sticky film on my face. Compared to other brands, this is expensive and have no much functions.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2003 1:29:00 PM More reviews by NYgirl

I have had VERY dry skin lately and was excited to see this in the latest GWP because I was hoping it would moisturize my skin. Wrong! Not even 10 minutes after I applied it my skin was dry and flakey again. Thumbs down on this one.