Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 12/19/2004 2:12:00 PM

Because of my acne problem, I had been searching for oil-free moisturizers for years. I didn't realize my skin actually need oil based ones until I started using this. After reading reviews on this board I went out and bought one. Like many of us here, I doubted it at the begining since it was so different from the moisturizers I was use to. But since day one, I feel my skin is softer and more moisturized.
All in all, I can't beleive a creme which is so cheap can work such a wonder on my skin. And I tried to blend it with Jojoba oil (another MUA picks) yesterday evening. My skin feels even more softer today!!!

on 12/13/2004 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is THE product for my dry wintery skin, does the trick, although it is quite thick, it is still the only thing i will use. My only gripe is that the good german product comes in the tin, which will open in my purse, so travelling with this is impossible unless you bring tape to close it, but this stuff still is my HG for cracked, dry skin.

on 12/9/2004 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I saw this on the shelves of a dollarama store. It was $5 CAD for the big tin. I figured, what the heck. In the basket it goes. When I came home, I was reading some of the reviews and someone said that the Nivea Creme carried in drugstores are made in Mexico, which aren't as good. She said the best one is made in Germany and comes in a metal tin versus a plastic jar. Mine had germa written all ovet he package so I was happy to have found this. Consistency is super duper thick and sort of difficult to spread. The smell can be overpowering for some. But it has done wonders for me, especially for this cold canadian weather. My skin was becoming dry, scaly and white from the cold, stress, and lack of sleep. After showering, I used baby oil and my skin drank it. By the end of the day my skin was white and flaky...I used BABY OIL! I was thinking, what am i going to do. Baby oil was my savior for winter months. I remembered I had nivea. Used it and my skin is feeling nice. If only there were more stores that sell the German one. I'd stock up.

i got a cute small tin of this and was excited to try it but i was disappointed. the texture is a bit gooey and the smell is sooooo strong it gave me a headache. my hands felt stickey for a long time. i'd rather use my cetaphil cream over this ANY DAY.

on 11/5/2004 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I actually found this creme worked very well for my skin. I only use it on my arms and legs because it is really thick(I'm not sure they intended it for the face). I have the one that's in the little tin can and sometimes it can be messy if you use it for traveling. The product works great right after you wash and all you need a film of the stuff for small areas. I normally like powdery scents like this one but I think some people might find it a bit overpowering for their taste. Overall this is a really good mosturizer for the cheap price.

on 11/4/2004 1:50:00 PM

I DON'T KNOW WHY SO MANY PEOPLE RAVE ABOU THIS PRODUCT!I'M BLACK AFRICAN AND HAVE DRY SKIN. THIS CREME DOES NOTHING IN TERMS OF MOISTURIZING;BY THE AFTERNOON, THE SKIN ON MY LEGS SHOWS CRACKLES. THE ONLY GOOD THINK IS THE SMELL. ALTHOUGH QUITE STRONG , IT IS COMFORTING.I'LL KEEP MY ST IVES COLLAGEN ELASTIN.

on 10/16/2004 8:10:00 AM

My partner came home with this for me from a Pound-Store, saying he bought it for me because he thought it was lipbalm & I love lipbalm (cute!)... It was all written in German so he wasn't to know! Anyway, used for it's true purpose this stuff is fantastic. It's a super rich creme in a flat tin, for use on any part of your body. I use it on my hands & occasionally on my elbows if they get really dry. The tin says you can use it for chapped skin & windburn as well - I personally don't think I'd use it for that purpose because it is perfumed & it would probably irritate broken/burnt skin. The tin is fabulous for carrying around & it lasts for ages as you only need to use the tiniest little bit. I'd defintely repurchase.

on 10/15/2004 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It took me a while to master this moisturiser. I have dry skin which is also prone to clogged pores and breaks out because of everything, product or lifestyle related. I used to smother my face in this and couldn't work out why it didn't work. The smothering in fact was the reason it wasn't working. You only need a pea-sized amount which I warm between my fingertips and then spread sparingly. This method results in the creme actually being absorbed and not just sitting on top of your skin. Couldn't use this is the hot, humid Brisbane, AUS summer but in winter it's a must. Will always come back.
(BTW this is for the German formula)

on 9/28/2004 1:37:00 PM

I found this little gem sitting on the shelf at Wal*Mart for 99 cents. There next to it was its much bigger brother, a huge tubí o Nivea. I thought I would try out the small size and if I liked it come back and get the big one. I donít think that will be necessary though as a little bit goes a loooong way. It is very thick and very moisturizing. I have used it on my hands, just putting little dabs and rubbing them in. Iíve used it on my face where I had some horrible dry patches. I have used it on my heels, theyíre always sort of dry. You can barely tell Iíve used any in this cute little tin. I would recommend highly but use sparingly because its so thick if you use too much it can be greasy but used in the right amount tisí wonderful stuff. It does have a faint, sort of rosy scent but nothing that bothers my nose at all. I like the scent. It smells comforting. Comfort in a tin.

on 9/18/2004 11:04:00 AM

I used to laugh at my mom for using this stuff but when I was on vacation in Europe and my face became so dry that it was cracking I decided to give it a try. I swear this saved my skin! It is so inexpensive in Europe and you can buy them in tins of all sizes. I kept a small tin of it in my purse at all times. It worked on my face, as a lipbalm and on chapped knees and elbows. This creme left my skin soft, moisturized and healthy.I ended up buying 2 huge tubs of it to bring home - one for me and one for my mother :D

When I brought it home my mom was delighted but she warned me to be careful when I buy this at home (Canada). Read the back of the jar - the one that was sitting in our house before was made in Mexico. However, the one I brought home was made in Germany. I think the location where the creme is manufactured plays a huge role in the quality of the product. Mine was in a hermetically sealed tin but the jars in the drugstores over here are just cheap plastic jars. continued >>