Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 8/29/2004 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Well, I have reviewed this creme before, but I need to do it again. The reason why is because one of my daughters has eczema on her hands, and Nivea heals it so well! From all the scares on the internet about mineral oil, petrolatum and vaseline, I used to shun everything that had those ingredients. However, according to Paula Begoun, those scares are unfounded. Anyway, this goes on thick but sinks right in, especially if you have skin that is combo towards dry. Under makeup it looks fabulous, and the smell is divine. And you can't beat the price! I wouldn't have bothered with this had it not been for my daughter, but now... It's definitely up there with many high end moisturizers. I used to think it was making my skin look dull and grey, but it turns out it was the cleanser I used. Try it for yourself, you might be pleasantly surprised!

Boogers! There are so many things wrong with this cream. It's just a disgusting product. The scent is overly, sickly sweet, and not something I wanted on my skin.
The cream itself was extremely heavy and greasy, and didn't absorb into my skin at all, no matter how much I rubbed or patted or how little I used.
I then tried using it as a cold cream, but it didn't come off easily and left my combination skin irritated.
I can't believe all the glowing reviews I've read on here.This is the worst moisturizer I've ever tried. continued >>

on 7/31/2004 12:49:00 PM

The creme was really gentle to my skin and kept it so soft and hydrated, even for my sensitive skin. The only down side is the smell which is quite a strong powdered smell. But i still recommend it

on 7/26/2004 2:38:00 AM

Forget expensive brands! This is one of the richest and most moisturizing creams in the market. If you haven't got one already, I suggest you get it right away!!

on 7/17/2004 11:31:00 PM

I love this as a face and body moisturiser when my skin is dry. My mum and my nans have all used this for years and thier skin is great! Smells lovely, dirt cheap and nothing else is as good for the English winter for banishing your dry, chapped areas, all over. I use the minutest bit as a night cream over my drier cheeks (I avoid putting it on my oilier T zone)and wake up smooth and glowy. Use it as a hand and foot cream and for elbows and knees for smooth skin. Lovely. Nivea is great on sensitive skin, doesnt provoke mine at all. Every one is banging on abouth the badness of petroleum/ mineral oils but they dont seem to be doing me any harm, my skin has never looked better, and I can assure you I have spent a fortune trying to find stuff that works as well as this.

on 6/13/2004 5:43:00 AM

This is really thick and greasy. I donít like it at all. Iím not even convinced it absorbs well enough into the skin to hydrate effectively. I donít like the fragrance. I wouldnít repurchase.

on 6/8/2004 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this as a hand cream. I wash my hands a lot for work and my hands are normally very dry. This lotion is thick and creamy, moisturizes very well. It can feel a little greasy immediately after application but after it sinks into the skin for a minute, the greasiness goes away. I noticed that I have to re-apply less often. Can't comment on the price as I have my work purchase it for me.

LOVE IT!

It smells so good, and it reminds me of when I was a kid. My mom used this on me!

If you have very dry skin, this is a good cream to use. Otherwise, I'd steer clear because it is a very thick cream.

on 5/18/2004 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I bought the little tin of this at Walmart for .88 cents and decided to give it a try. I like it so far. It very thick so its hard to use it as a hand creme, but its great for dry patches. Probably would be great after a pedicure too.

on 5/18/2004 12:13:00 PM

My whole family has been using this cream forever. My mom would use this on me when I was a kid together with their sunscreen ( I am not sure if you can get it here but you can get it in Europe). I love it. I personally love the smell too. I use it on my hands and feet, in the winter they get really dry, crack, and then bleed. This keeps my skin nice and moisturized. Since I can remember this cream hasn't changed at all, I believe it's a must have in any house.