Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 10/15/2004 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It took me a while to master this moisturiser. I have dry skin which is also prone to clogged pores and breaks out because of everything, product or lifestyle related. I used to smother my face in this and couldn't work out why it didn't work. The smothering in fact was the reason it wasn't working. You only need a pea-sized amount which I warm between my fingertips and then spread sparingly. This method results in the creme actually being absorbed and not just sitting on top of your skin. Couldn't use this is the hot, humid Brisbane, AUS summer but in winter it's a must. Will always come back.
(BTW this is for the German formula)

on 9/28/2004 1:37:00 PM

I found this little gem sitting on the shelf at Wal*Mart for 99 cents. There next to it was its much bigger brother, a huge tubí o Nivea. I thought I would try out the small size and if I liked it come back and get the big one. I donít think that will be necessary though as a little bit goes a loooong way. It is very thick and very moisturizing. I have used it on my hands, just putting little dabs and rubbing them in. Iíve used it on my face where I had some horrible dry patches. I have used it on my heels, theyíre always sort of dry. You can barely tell Iíve used any in this cute little tin. I would recommend highly but use sparingly because its so thick if you use too much it can be greasy but used in the right amount tisí wonderful stuff. It does have a faint, sort of rosy scent but nothing that bothers my nose at all. I like the scent. It smells comforting. Comfort in a tin.

on 9/18/2004 11:04:00 AM

I used to laugh at my mom for using this stuff but when I was on vacation in Europe and my face became so dry that it was cracking I decided to give it a try. I swear this saved my skin! It is so inexpensive in Europe and you can buy them in tins of all sizes. I kept a small tin of it in my purse at all times. It worked on my face, as a lipbalm and on chapped knees and elbows. This creme left my skin soft, moisturized and healthy.I ended up buying 2 huge tubs of it to bring home - one for me and one for my mother :D

When I brought it home my mom was delighted but she warned me to be careful when I buy this at home (Canada). Read the back of the jar - the one that was sitting in our house before was made in Mexico. However, the one I brought home was made in Germany. I think the location where the creme is manufactured plays a huge role in the quality of the product. Mine was in a hermetically sealed tin but the jars in the drugstores over here are just cheap plastic jars. continued >>

on 9/18/2004 11:03:00 AM

on 9/17/2004 8:24:00 PM

This was not a nice product in terms of smell. It reminded me of a surgeon's ward or something. I did not like the consistency either - it stuck to my skin like chewing gum and did not seem to absorb well. I put it on at night and my body stuck to the pillow and bedsheets! Pick something that dries faster and has a nicer consistency, meaning NOT this product.

on 9/9/2004 10:36:00 AM

I hated this product. Felt greasy on my skin. bad bad

on 9/6/2004 5:44:00 PM

All I wanted from this cream was some good moisturizing.

The texture isn't very nice; you kind of have to sluff it into your skin or it leaves a film.

It's awful once it's on. It's heavy and greasy. A general pain to have on your face.

My face felt so dirty with this- I can't even explain. I used it five or six times and never looked back. It has a permanent spot on the back of the shelf in my bathroom.

on 9/5/2004 10:41:00 PM

I read so many reviews on this product and thought now was a great time to try it out. My combo skin has decided to stage an all-out revolt and dry out on me. I picked up a trial size tin of this creme for 83 cents and applied some as soon as I washed my face. It's a bit heavier than I expected, but my skin now feels a lot more comforted than it has all week. I had to rub the creme in more than I have had to with other products. I'm crossing my fingers that I don't break out since the creme is so heavy. If that happens, I'll be sure to let you know...

on 8/29/2004 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Well, I have reviewed this creme before, but I need to do it again. The reason why is because one of my daughters has eczema on her hands, and Nivea heals it so well! From all the scares on the internet about mineral oil, petrolatum and vaseline, I used to shun everything that had those ingredients. However, according to Paula Begoun, those scares are unfounded. Anyway, this goes on thick but sinks right in, especially if you have skin that is combo towards dry. Under makeup it looks fabulous, and the smell is divine. And you can't beat the price! I wouldn't have bothered with this had it not been for my daughter, but now... It's definitely up there with many high end moisturizers. I used to think it was making my skin look dull and grey, but it turns out it was the cleanser I used. Try it for yourself, you might be pleasantly surprised!

Boogers! There are so many things wrong with this cream. It's just a disgusting product. The scent is overly, sickly sweet, and not something I wanted on my skin.
The cream itself was extremely heavy and greasy, and didn't absorb into my skin at all, no matter how much I rubbed or patted or how little I used.
I then tried using it as a cold cream, but it didn't come off easily and left my combination skin irritated.
I can't believe all the glowing reviews I've read on here.This is the worst moisturizer I've ever tried. continued >>