July 30, 2014 | 995 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2004 2:09:00 AM More reviews by woodstock

I tried this out because of the rave for it as similar to Creme de La Mer. The texture is similar and also the way how it melt is similar. However, the scent is different. I can tell right off which is which with my eye closed and the CDLM smell better in my opinion.

Okay, the scent and texture are not important. Let's talk about the effectivity. As a moisturizer for dry skin, they will be similar. As both are really heavy and hydrating, both will work good in plumping wrinkles. I don't have wrinkles but I tried that on my mom's. Both are good to use for dry mature skin. I don't have dry skin and I use CDLM solely for the healing properties and it's expertise in calming irritation. Please check out my review for Creme de La Mer. Nivea don't have either of the above properties.

If you are looking for a heavy moisturizer for dry/mature skin but not looking for calming properites, I will rec'd Nivea. If you want something more, check out CDLM. By the way, both will break me out if I use it all over my face since I have combo skin. I only use creme de la mer for spot treat any wounds/irritation. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2004 10:53:00 PM More reviews by lushfan89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this creme after hearing good things about it. I was very disappointed with it. It is greasy and very thick. The smell is too sweet and nauseates me. It is not absorbed into the skin well and makes me feel unclean. It is NOT worth the six bucks I paid for it either.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2004 4:23:00 AM More reviews by the2xcbabe

this week in my area, the temperature was 2 degrees, and with wind chill the weather guy says felt like 30 below. i'm oily and acne-prone, but my skin was being completely wrecked and ravaged by the weather, so i bought this due to the overwhelmingly good reviews. i layered it over my trenotin and nelson's acne gel, and not only did it NOT break me out, but it was also completely effective in healing my dryness and acting as a barrier against the disgustingly freezing wind. highly reccommended. p.s.- what's that you say? the cream gives you breakouts? use it as a cuticle cram, foot cream/hand cream, eye cream, body cream....whatever works. you can even nuke it, apply it over a strengthening conditioner as an oil barrier, and blast your tresses with a blowdryer for an at home deep conditioning treatment. for a dollar (little tin) or five (big tin), you can't go wrong with this multipurpose product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2004 2:25:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this stuff, especially in the winter. It's a very thick cream so it's not for everyone but it does wonders for my dry skin.

EDIT to add:
I use this for my legs and feet in the winter. My feet tend to get dry and cracked so I'll slather on this cream and then wear socks to bed for the moisturizer to soak in.
I personally like the smell but I can see why people would be put off by it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2004 1:01:00 PM More reviews by callmecordelia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in a tube. My skin gets ridiculously dry after showers and this helps. I would like it better if it were unscented, but it doesn't seem to bother my face especially - I certainly don't break out any more than I did without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2004 10:08:00 AM More reviews by PorcelainPrincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great drugstore find! I swear it is Creme de la Mer only like $90 cheaper! This really hydrates the skin and it gives me the same "glow" that La Mer does. Now I kick myself for spending that much on La Mer when Nivea is practically the same thing!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2004 11:25:00 PM More reviews by sophie_tan

The fragrance broke me out :( it's too heavily scented.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2004 3:38:00 PM More reviews by conniem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you have dehydrated skin, this moisturizer is the best. Forget the expensive cosmetic counter creams, this is inexpensive and very effective. In the winter my skin gets very dehydrated, this is the only cream that will help my skin. I have tried many others but are not as effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2004 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Cochonet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this as a kid. I almost forgot how good it felt. Many years later it saved my skin after I almost ruined it with other crappy (and much more expensive) moisturizers.
It is a bit on the heavy side so some people are reluctant to put it on their faces. I do, however, and it works like a charm. It's very good for healing those horrible dry patches that sometimes happen during winter and it works well on knees and elbows. It's a bit tricky to use as a body lotion since it is too rich and doesn't go on that smoothly as it does on smaller body parts (such as face, hands, knees, etc). No matter where you use it, you won't be sorry - this is one of those beauty products that just can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2003 12:52:00 PM More reviews by NYsmiLez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ah the good ole nivea in the blue box. its been in my life ever since i was about 5, i think its a big thing in Europe. anyway ive recently started using it again. face n body. for face, i used it during winter wen my skin felt dry and was flaky. it got rid of the dry feeling but didnt do much about the flakes =( , but for body, after shaving, i put this on my knees, ankles, and elbows. after it soaks into ur skin , it feels SO soft. so for face, i dunt think its that great, but for body.. definetly worth a try.