Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 12/26/2007 8:33:00 PM

I got this as part of Clinique's GWP. I curled my lashes prior to application of this mascara and I was disappointed that it actually took away the "curl" the curler gave me. I had to apply it 2-3x to make it more visible and I ended up with spidery-looking lashes. Didn't work for me. :(

on 12/25/2007 1:08:00 PM

I love this mascara. It has a rich black color and the brush is nice and big and round, but still easy to touch to your bottom lashes. It makes my lashes thick and long. I really have no lashes at all, and my sister has incredibly long ones, yet she said it looked like I had false lashes on. I know that this will be a new HG for me, I totally love the effect it gives my eyes. Also, it doesn't clump for me at all.

on 12/22/2007 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this mascara, in fact I believe it's my HG! It really makes my lashes long, thus making my eyes "pop". I have sensitive eyes as well, so it does not bother them, which is always good. The brush is also nice, as it holds a good amount of product, without clumping up on the brush or on my eyelashes.

on 12/17/2007 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

FYI, I'm using the non-waterproof/washable version of this mascara.

I got this as a sample, and I like that it really lengthens your lashes, and is easy to put on as the formula is really smooth. It also doesnt clump on me. However, it smudges like crazy, which I don't like. After half a day, I was getting black smudges under my eyes which were very noticable. I tried it a few times because I really loved the lengthening effect, but to no avail, since it smudged gleefully each time I used it. Maybe it's because I was using the non-waterproof version of the mascara...can't speak for the waterproof version.

What a pity this smudges so badly, I wouldn't rebuy it.

on 12/17/2007 8:38:00 PM

This mascara used to be my HG for a number of years, my friend gave me my very first one and I've bought about 10 of them since.
The mascara does make my lashes longer and fuller but only to a certain point, I feel I've gotten longer and fuller lashes from other mascaras (hence this not beeing my HG anymore) but to the high imact's defence it works quicker for me so I still use it if i'm in a rush. It lasts pretty well and doesn't flake, doesn't dry out quickly and the color is a very pretty ink-black.
One thing i've noticed about the packaging is that the cap always gets a crack in it after about a month or so... often leaving stains in my makeup bag, i've found that only fastening the cap loosely solves this problem.

on 12/10/2007 7:11:00 PM

I asked the lady at the Clinique counter which would make my lashes longer (she had already asked if I was wearing false lashes) and she told me that the high impact mascara would make my lashes longer.. and it did. I like to wear a lot. It comes off pretty easy. Goes on very smooth. The brush is kind of large though.

on 12/9/2007 7:18:00 PM

I was pretty disappointed with this mascara, especially because it isn't cheap... it took LOADS of coats to have any significant effect on my lashes, and is quite dry. Also, it really didn't last long, and the applicator brush seemed weirdly weak - it bent out of shape easily, which is odd. The good things about it were that once I did apply alot of it, it made my lashes look quite full and added alot of volume, without looking spidery/clumpy.

on 12/6/2007 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is just middle of the range mascara to me. Didn't significantly enhance my lashes in any way that would make me buy it again.

UPDATE: I like this mascara more all of the time. I've been trying lots of new brands over the past few months, and I keep coming back to this for it's extremely smooth and lightweight formula that both separates and adds volume and length. Still not quite as dramatic an effect I like on it's own, but I use this together with another formula (MAC PlushLash) and my lashes are just about perfect!

on 12/5/2007 1:49:00 PM

Wow! This mascara gives really full, dramatic lashes. I got a few compliments asking if i had false lashes on because they looked so long and beautiful! I got this mascara in a sample size at bonus time, i would probably buy this product full size when i run out, this has lasted a long time and i use it most days. It can clump if you use too much, you only really need 1-2 coats, no more! A good evening mascara for going out, recommended for full on drama!

on 12/3/2007 7:33:00 AM

It's a nice little product, not overpriced, can last quite a while, the only thing I don't like is you need to comb lashes back and forth constantly to make it look right. I don't like my eyelashes sticky together, it's pretty high compact, give a false illusion that lashes are 1.5 of it original length and somewhat more lashes. I always use white base coat before and I guess that helps too.

Popular Mascaras