July 31, 2014 | 988 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2007 12:55:00 PM More reviews by yelloworange

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of my fav mascaras. It thickens my lashes but what is really great is that it separates and lengthens really well at the same time. I get NO clumping at all. The black has a good inky blackness. A great reliable mascara that gives a little lash drama.
Update: Still loving this. I have tried the newest Estee Lauder, Max Factor and Lancome formulas and this one still wins. It makes my lashes really look thick but in a natural way. It lengthens great! I never get any smudging.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2007 11:09:00 AM More reviews by carrotcake

I really hate this mascara. I gave it two lippies only because there are acutally worse out there than this one (**cough** Great Last **cough**). This stuff clumps, smears, flakes, and hardly does anything to legnthen or thicken my lashes. Why bother?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2007 10:30:00 AM More reviews by SinfullyGirly

Love this!! It has a lovely full brush that makes mascara easy to apply, I can apply lots of coats without ever any clumping. Doesnt flake or smuge. Makes my lashes lovely and fulll and my lashes are rubbish! Only wish it came in waterproof aswell but I can always add a sealant to it. This is my HG at moment. Maybe forever............. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2007 5:12:00 PM More reviews by jude00

i wish we had an option to choose that we'd "maybe" buy this product again. this thickened and darkened the lashes very well. but unfortunately, it does have a very high tendency to smudge. the upside is also that it is very easy to remove, as are most of clinique's mascaras. i wouldn't recommend this tho.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2007 9:16:00 PM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG mascara! It makes my eyelashes look really thick without being clumpy. It works as well as more expensive ones (like Dior) while being $10 cheaper. I always try other mascaras (especially when lured with free samples) but I always come back to this one. And Clinique likes to include it in their GWP so I have about 5 travel sizes! :o)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2007 5:06:00 PM More reviews by vivix

i buy skincare products almost exclusively from clinique because my skin is very sensitive. i get high impact mascara all the time from GWPs. i rarely used it because of the many bad reviews here, but i decided to give it a go and it really is very good! no flakes, no clumps (which i thought there would be! but i wiped the brush off first on the edge), and my lashes are really a lot more noticeable now. i'm asian with really, really straight lashes, but this mascara doesn't cause my just-curled lashes to point downwards like they usually do.

UPDATE: I wore this from 8PM to 2PM (I went to a party and decided to see if it would smear if I slept with it on. In case I anticipated the need to crash in the future.. didn't want to look like a panda!) Anyway, no flakes, no smears! Again! I did use a base under, but I have oily lids.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2007 3:04:00 PM More reviews by diana6

I LOVE this stuff... after I've had it for a while. When I first buy it, I always end up with too much mascara on the brush and it looks clumpy. I have to wipe a lot of it off in a kleenex, which is a waste. But - it gives me long, not too fake-looking lashes! It also removes easily.

My favorite cheap version of this is Maybelline Full 'n Soft. It works, but I prefer Clinique when I have the money to spare. It's more dramatic! My only complaint is that it flakes more than Full 'n Soft, but that's only if I sleep in it (not on purpose!). I can sleep in Full 'n Soft and it looks the same when I wake up in the morning!

EDIT: After a while, it tends to get thick and sticky in the tube. I'm going back to my beloved F&S, which is cheaper and has a longer "useability" time period.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by maryyelizabeth

This is another of my favorite mascaras. It works the best on my lashes than anything else I've tried.it lengthens them and adds curl, and it makes your eyes pop! I would recommend this to ANYONE who asks...I prefer the browner color because the black is a little too dark, but seriously, this stuff is amazing.BUY IT

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2007 3:39:00 PM More reviews by ccope4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is almost my HG mascara... I agree with the reviewers below that it is a great product, and makes my lashes look amazing. I still get a smudge every once in a while if I'm not careful to brush my lashes out before looking away...but overall, I'm very satisfied with High Impact and would def recommend it and purchase it again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by OolilredoO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara at the moment. I received this as a GWP. I really love the fat brush and it's not so spiky like most of the ds mascaras that they occasionally poke my eyes. As well as that the bristles on the brush are short and very neatly arranged and cut. It even feels good on the hand to apply it. On it's own, the performance of the mascara is good for its price. There is rarely any clumpiness no matter how many coats you put on, wet or dry. And it lengthens and volumnizes greatly. I have this in black and i have to say that it really dramatically adds color to my lashes. The main thing i love about this mascara is that it pairs very well with a primer underneath. Many other mascaras i've used clumps or doesn't show any difference with a primer. The only downside is that it weights down my lashes and is not waterproof/smudge proof. HOWEVER, i've found a solution for both of these problems by applying clarins mascara fix underneath as a primer, and putting another layer of the mascara fix as a sealer after mascara application. FYI I'm an asian with those typical short + sparse lashes and oily eyelids. Countless people have complimented on my lashes and asked me if i had put on falsies. I'm still experimenting other mascaras, but i have found no other yet, that could be compared to this.