Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 2/13/2004 11:15:00 AM

I purchased this upon the recommendation of my dermatologist, along with the Cetaphil Bar. I'd told her that the regular Cetaphil wasn't enough for my oily skin. Unfortunately, this cleanser burned as soon as I put it on my face and left my face dry and tight. The smell is very strong too. I just haven't had much luck with the Cetaphil line of products!

on 2/9/2004 10:16:00 AM

So far I love this cleanser! I just switched from Clinique's gel wash (it dried my skin too much!) and I am surprised and pleased. For 6.99, you get eight full ounces of mild, almost scentless, cleanser that removed all of my makeup and left me moisturized instead of dry. I have combo skin and have battle acne since a teenager, and this was recommended by my derm. So good luck ladies, it's worth the try!

on 2/4/2004 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

So far I like this but I will update later as it sometimes takes a few weeks for me to decide whether something is going to work for me. This removed all of my make-up quite easily, so I'm not sure why it doesn't for some people. It has a very mild smell so it shouldn't bother most people. I have dry skin and even though this is for normal to oily skin it hasn't dried me out. I like to use it because I use jojoba oil and if I get something that is a little more drying it helps to suck up the jojoba oil into my pores better so I'm not so greasy before I apply make-up.

on 1/30/2004 11:10:00 PM

I use this for night, because it gets rid of makeup as well. (I use the mild one in the morning). I like that it really cleans my skin without drying. The only thing I am not crazy about is the smell. Very artificial.

on 1/30/2004 4:34:00 PM

I have used this faithfully for years, even though when I worked in cosmetics I had bottles of freebies. This has a very mild scent, foams nicely, and removes my makeup. It even removes waterproof mascara and DOESN'T STING! It is good for my skin all seasons, even when it's drier. I use the Gentle Skin Cleanser by Cetaphil in the AM as well. Nice products at dirt cheap prices!

on 1/27/2004 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

tried this while looking for a better cleanser. i have some i love but still always look for something better. anyway, the price was right, but the first gripe i have is that the pump doesn't dispense enough product. i have to pump at least 4-5 times to get enough to do my face with and i'm not one who uses more product than i need. 4-5 pumps only gives less than a quarter size amount. the cleanser itself is okay, it's gentle, didn't break me out, but doesn't do the best job on makeup. light makeup it takes care of but any areas where you had used a little extra coverage or a long wearing formula of makeup, well, this didn't take those off as well as i hoped. there was alot of residue for a toner to pick up after washing. it's average i guess, but i probably will not repurchase this one.

on 1/24/2004 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my all-tim favorite cleanser, simply b/c it has NEVER irritated my face. I wish there was a little more foam, but it's so gentle that I don't mind too much. And the smell is nice and fresh!

on 1/22/2004 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Good general cleanser with a good amount of product and a great pump dispenser. Great for use in the shower! Takes off everything, dirt, grime, make-up, even eyeliner and mascara! This stuff has helped clear my skin of acne, and gives me a soft glow. I love it!

PROS: Gentle;
CONS: Does NOT lather at all, odd chemical smell, leaves my oily skin feeling tight and even somewhat dry (especially on my cheeks, and moreso in the winter);
CONCLUSION: This would probably be OK for someone with *extremely* oily skin for the warmer months. I won't repurchase.

on 1/16/2004 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Gentle on my oily, acne prone skin.Makes it feel soft afterwards but is not strong enough to remove makeup.