Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 1/27/2004 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

tried this while looking for a better cleanser. i have some i love but still always look for something better. anyway, the price was right, but the first gripe i have is that the pump doesn't dispense enough product. i have to pump at least 4-5 times to get enough to do my face with and i'm not one who uses more product than i need. 4-5 pumps only gives less than a quarter size amount. the cleanser itself is okay, it's gentle, didn't break me out, but doesn't do the best job on makeup. light makeup it takes care of but any areas where you had used a little extra coverage or a long wearing formula of makeup, well, this didn't take those off as well as i hoped. there was alot of residue for a toner to pick up after washing. it's average i guess, but i probably will not repurchase this one.

on 1/24/2004 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my all-tim favorite cleanser, simply b/c it has NEVER irritated my face. I wish there was a little more foam, but it's so gentle that I don't mind too much. And the smell is nice and fresh!

on 1/22/2004 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Good general cleanser with a good amount of product and a great pump dispenser. Great for use in the shower! Takes off everything, dirt, grime, make-up, even eyeliner and mascara! This stuff has helped clear my skin of acne, and gives me a soft glow. I love it!

PROS: Gentle;
CONS: Does NOT lather at all, odd chemical smell, leaves my oily skin feeling tight and even somewhat dry (especially on my cheeks, and moreso in the winter);
CONCLUSION: This would probably be OK for someone with *extremely* oily skin for the warmer months. I won't repurchase.

on 1/16/2004 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Gentle on my oily, acne prone skin.Makes it feel soft afterwards but is not strong enough to remove makeup.

on 1/7/2004 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Such a good product to keep around. The only thing is, it really doesn't remove makeup all that well, so you have to use a toner afterwards. Other than that, it's super gentle and moisturizing.

on 12/30/2003 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this cleanser for a few years now and i love it. I use it at night to remove my makeup and it doens't leave my face feeling dry. The only problem i have is with the packaging. they just recently started making hte hole it squeezes through too wide so you get too much cleanser at a time. But other than that it is great.

on 12/28/2003 3:01:00 PM

This is an ok cleanser. It seemed to dry my face out a bit. I prefer a creamer face wash. I probably won't buy this again.

on 12/26/2003 9:53:00 PM

At first it seemed to tone down some redness but then it breaks me out like crazy....
Really irritating and drying (and I have combination skin!) edit: used it i was 17 or 18 years old. update 4.juli/2006: can't remember if I had the normal to oily skin cleanser version or the normal one or is it for dry skin? cetaphil it's very good i learned, i used it without any cream or sunscreen on top, and without toner or tonic! tones down redness, makes my skin look wonderful and beautiful love cetaphil outstanding don't know if i'll use it again though

on 12/25/2003 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this cleanser I started using it recently and it has worked really well for me--I have combination/oily skin and I used to have a red dry patch near my mouth no other soap or creme had helped but this cured my skin it is now soft and smooth--it's a keeper!

Update: 9/3/13
This is still a fav....not expensive, nice smell, doesn't break me out or irritate my skin, removes makeup....wonderful!!! I tried many others but came back to this it's awesome!! Doctor recommended!!