September 3, 2014 | 1029 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2002 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just got this in a swap... and I love it. I expected it to make me look really glowy, but it doesn't. It gives more of a very natural finish. It is a very light, sheer finish, but it really makes my skin look nice and polished, and it feels very weightless. Let it sit for a few minutes, then it sort of settles in. When I first used it, I didn't like it, but in a few minutes it looked lovely! I hate the pump, so difficult to control, and it can splatter a bit! One pump is more than I need. I pump some in an old Sephora sample jar and use what's in there, so I don't waste. An Armani beauty counter is opening up near me soon, I am so excited!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2002 5:19:00 AM More reviews by LadyChristine

Feels like you have nothing on your face even though it provides at least medium coverage (fully covers redness but does not hide blemishes). I read another review for this product and it said this product is depositing pure pigment on your skin. the fourth ingredient is alcohol and when you apply this product, it feels like the liquid evaporates and just the coverage is left. The finish that is left is natural-skin finish (not matte, not dewy). Over the day, however, my normal to combination skin grows more dewy and blotting usually becomes necessary. The foundation does have great staying power (still looks good after 10 hours), but i still would not recommend it for oily skin types.

My skin looks naturally flawless and glowing with this stuff on and it is one of the FEW foundations that i have come across that does not irritate or break out my ultra-sensitive acne-prone combination skin. One gripe I have about the product is that it does have a tendancy to emphasize flakes on my cheeks and sink into the pores on my nose. Overall it is a small price to pay for a nice foundation that does not irritate or break me out. I'm somewhere between #4 (light warm yellow shade) and #5 (a cool buff). #4 is a bit too yellow for me and #5 a bit too dark.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2002 6:56:00 AM More reviews by bastet

This is a great medium coverage foundation for most skin-types (maybe not for the VERY oily ones though)that evens out and covers flaws really well. I own shade #1 which is almost too light for my pale skin (Stila "a", MAC NC15). The LSF is very long-lasting and easy to spread with fingers/ brush/ sponge. There are two small drawbacks: 1) It contains light-reflecting particles which are a bit obvious on bright summer days. 2) It's hard to control the amount you get with the pump dispenser. You need only so little to cover your whole face that one pump is almost too much for one application. All in all this is my favourite foundation if my skin has to look perfect for evenings out.

UPDATE: I now have #2, too. This is only slightly darker and suits my skin very well- I was very surprised that this shade is non-shimmery unlike #1, so if you didn't like #1 give #2 a try! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2002 6:54:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Giorgio Armani foundation is expensive but worth it. I don't care for the pump as it is difficult to control the amount that comes out of the bottle. I am going to switch this foundation to a completely different bottle. I love the sheerness and the texture of this foundation. I love that their is no scent. All in all I think this is an excellent product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2002 2:24:00 AM More reviews by MusesX9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Generally, I really, really like this foundation. My only complaints are that I wish there was a better color range available and the price - ay-ay-ay! However,
the foundation is highly pigmented (reminded me of Laura Mercier's in this sense). And, it left behind a nice, natural finish. As flawless as I've seen in a while (believe me, I'm always looking!). My biggest complaint (aside from the $)is with the pump. It squirts out too much so it can be tricky. However, it's worth a try and I do recommend it--if you can find a good color match. I am usually a MAC NC35 and found that the 5 was right on. However, living in S. FLA I tend to get some sun (even though I am religious about sunscreen!) so I found that the 6 is a perfect fit.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2002 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Superjess57

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is so smooth and isn't to thick. It has a pump so its not exposed to air or bacteria. I love the way it goes on. It makes my face look great!! I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2002 11:38:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I truly love Armani's LSF - this is a great product for those who are looking for a natural and light coverage. I am very impressed with the Armani line. UPDATE: 2006 Unfortuantely Armani has decided to discontinue shades 0 and 1 which blended together were a match for my pale skin , very disappointed that GA has done this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2002 4:52:00 PM More reviews by manon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a wonderful medium-sheer to medium coverage foundation. The finish is very natural -- not really dewy but not really matte. It's not fabulous at controlling oil, so I don't know this would hold up in the summer or for oily skinned folks in general. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to thin it out for a sheer application. For those of us who do not need a moisturizer, the best way is to combine this with your sunscreen for a sheer application. I gave only one star for packaging because the pump does not give you any control over the amount dispersed. In fact, I would give zero points if I could, because the top is not removable. Packaging aside, however, the texture, finish, and wear of this foundation warrants checking into.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2002 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

An amazing foundation! I would say my favourite right now. It gives me this great luminous, glowing look, but very natural (not cakey or heavy) at the same time. You could layer it for a more medium finish though I prefere it very light just to slightly even out the complexion. It looks good in daylight and in the evening- which is often not the case. One thing I personally find is NOT to use a foundation brush, but rather a wet sponge and pat it in! It looks so much nicer, because the brush kinda leaves it sitting on top of the skin, while the wet sponge really helps it settle and stay put for hours! I do not recommend this foundation for oily skins as it will be too shiny obviously- go for the matte one. Great stuff this foundation and I totally recommend! Also another plus u will most definitely find a colour match since it has soooo many colours to select from! UPDATE: Well I have tried LM Moisturising Foundation (again) and find that it gives a much better finish for me- It stays put much better than LSF, which I find quite important. Also it doesnt accent dry patches or settles into pores as much as the LSF. By stays put I mean it melts into my skin and stays there whereas the LSF doesnt melt in that well as some have noted and just sits on top of the skin. Also sometimes it just doesnt 'stick' to some parts like some have mentioned before. I still like this foundation and have actually repurchased it, but I think I will stick with LM for a while now. LSF is still great and I will probably alternate between this and LM. I m not surprised that so many MU artists and celebrities love her! I get that 'flawless face' with her. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2002 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Ingrid

I use #2 and am BB Warm Ivory, MacNC20, Stila B and VLWC Creme Beige. This is a wonderful foundation that provides a polished look. When you first put it on it may not seem to settle well but give it 10 mins. and your skin will look flawless. I have combo skin that is sensitive. I would definitely say this is a must try. The pump lives a little to be desired as it can sometimes get clogged.