July 30, 2014 | 1607 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2001 9:27:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

The main problem with this range is that it doesn't cater adequately for pink to neutral-toned skin. Everything is just too yellow, apart from shade #5, which would be about the third shade up in most ranges, medium pink-beige. As a Chantecaille FS Vanilla (light with both pink and yellow tones) I found #2 was the right value, but far too yellow. #1 is even lighter, but again, very yellow. The GA MA was however able to blend a suitable tone for me by adding the #2 (pink) Fluid Sheer - but of course this doubles the price of the product and there's no guarantee you'd get the blend right at home. Coverage was good on the even parts of my skin, sort of matte but glowy, and I was pleased that I could build it up from light to medium simply by adding layers. The high silicone content gives it great 'slip', which makes it easy to blend. It covers pores and slight redness well. I was less impressed with the way it accentuated both my dry, flaky patches and my tendency to oiliness. It would definitely work better on someone with more even-textured skin. But if you have no pink undertones and no flakiness, you may fare better, because there are a lot of things to like about this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2001 12:56:00 PM More reviews by memechoses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I DON'T OFTEN WRITE REVIEWS, BUT...THIS IS IT.. THE HOLY GRAIL OF PERFECT FOUNDATIONS. SHEER BUT DEFINITE COVERAGE. GREAT SHADES. MIXED WITH THEIR FLUID SHEER (A SLIGHTLY OPALESCENT NUDE SHEER PRIMER)IN #7, MY SKIN LOOKED FLAWLESS,AND 5 YEARS YOUNGER. LOOKED LIKE I SPENT A FORTUNE AT THE DERM DOING YOU KNOW WHAT...FYI MET PAT MCGRATH AT THE EVENT YESTERDAY. WHAT A FAB LADY. THE PRODUCT LINE IS SUPERB. ESPECIALLY FACE AND CHEEK PRODUCTS. GET TO NYC SAKS IF YOU CAN ...BEST LINE I HAVE SEEN IN YEARS. MORE...MORE...

two years later. i have not switched. i do see now that #8 lsf mixed with #2 fluid sheer is perfect for my self tanning, an #6.5 and #2 fluid sheer is great for my lighter complexion days. i think I was one of the first to review this and i still stand by it...

its now 2006 and i still wear lsf... i range from 6.5 -8. right now i am a 7 , slightly self tanned. i cannot and have not found a better foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2001 8:31:00 PM More reviews by prinny20

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the finish of this foundation. It makes my dry skin appear dewy & fresh. The color match is great (I'm a Stila B & it's #2) & the scent is faint. I don't like the pump-you can't control the amount that comes out. And it is expensive.But I'm pretty sure I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2001 10:16:00 AM More reviews by DianeB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, this has become my best foundation of the bunch! Very silky smooth texture and blends very well with lots of slip. I am wearing 2, colors start at 0 so even a PPP should be able to find her color here, lol. The pump bottle is a problem, too much comes out so you've got to work with this to get the right amount. That and the price ($42) make it a "let me think on it" purchase, but if you go for it you won't be sorry! Great coverage, beautiful colors, interesting smell (slightly industrial and quirky), modern packaging, a winner in most categories.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2001 3:06:00 AM More reviews by tortue

This foundation is exactly what its name implies! My perfect foundation for evenings. A medium coverage which erases all flaws, and makes the skin seem silky and healthy. It lasts well, and puts a relative halt to shine without emphasising dry patches. Comes in a sophisticated looking pump bottle.