April 23, 2014 | 1905 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by goldenpeach86

I finally found a foundation that I really love!I kept seeing the commercial for this and it looked so creamy,I had to have it.I got it in the color Buff which matches my light neutral skin tone pretty perfectly.(not to pink not to yellow)I have dry flaky skin mainly on my forehead because of acne medication and most foundations show off my flakes but this didn't!My dry spots where barley noticeable with this.The texture of this is so creamy and it spreads very smoothly.Its about a light-medium coverage which I love for summer time but it is buildable so if you do add more layers it doesn't look cakey.The finish is just flawless.Even,smooth,and flawless.I will definitely repurchase this when I run out.I paid 13.99$ which is a great deal.I have no complaints.Though I don't see this as being a "whipped"texture its more creamy but whatever its great:)
(For reference I have sensitive acne prone skin and this didn't irritate it at all)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by heenan

ok ladies after umteen years and many mineral powder trials i have figured out i just cant wear it. breakouts galore, itchy irritated skin that whole vicious cycle of breakouts scarring pile more pwder on to hide it hence MORE worse breakouts! liquids and creams always kinda grossed me out and seemed complicated applying liquid and concealer then powder. THIS is amazing! powder is optional looks wayyyyyyy better then the MM powder so natural and smooth. after application it slowly melts and sets to look just like ur skin...feels like nothing is on ur skin. best thing is my skin is actually healing all the pimples\ hives are going away after one week. i feel so blessed to have found this.4get chemical free mm is and it ruined my skin! i am asian lt med. i got sand beige and think i will also try warm golden for countour highlight effect. try this! thank u sooo much fellow reviewers or i would never have tried this! ps my skin is UBER sensitive to EVERYTHING. no irrtitation or sickly smell whatsoever :)
UPDATE 7\10\12 my skin has continued to clear with bouts of patchy outbreaks but is now almost finally clear. perhaps the salicylic acid causes some purging? still luv it and i know this has helped heal my skin. amazing

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Holy cow! This is the best foundation I have ever used! Thank you MUA'ers for the reviews on Colorstay Whipped (without of which I would have never bought it). Regular Colorstay does not even compare...so if you do not like the original liquid, don't let that keep you from trying the whipped version! The consistency of the product is very creamy and easy to apply. It blends very well and leaves a radiant glow. I bought shade 320, warm golden. This is several shades darker than what I would normally get because the lighter colors were way too light. It lasted all night last night through a pretty hefty night of drinking, and when I woke up this morning it was still perfect! Now, I don't normally go to bed with makeup on but last night was an exception.
The coverage is amazing too. Any blemish gets completely covered without looking cakey. It's just like my own skin since it feels so light. Very well done, Revlon! This is now my HG foundation!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My go-to foundations are ELDW and Revlon Colorstay~ I love the coverage and long wear, however I am looking for something lighter and more natural looking for summer, so I saw this and thought I would like it. Well, I did not- it had that silicone feel (that I hate) and just seemed to sit on top of my skin, even though I blended it with a beauty blender sponge. Coverage was very light, which I hated the fact I would have to slap more of this silicone feeling product on my face to build it up. The appearance wasn't great either, it made me look old and cakey. With a lot of Revlon cosmetics- it's hit or miss- either it's a great product or a very baaad product! I'm returning mine to CVS.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, yellow w/ reddish undertones and old acne marks.

I am going to have to try one shade lighter (Buff). Sand Beige initially appeared to be a good match, but it oxidized darker and orange...so I'd say Sand Beige would be good for NC30. The latex smell is a little.. uh disturbing. Let's talk application... using fingers will create a mask, but use your fingers to smear it across your cheeks to start. Sephora #55 airbrush (medium dense) was ok, MAC 187 (loose stippler) would not be effective against this paint, so my vote goes for the Sigma F84 (very dense) for the best finish.

Full coverage, so this is one of the foundations you can spot conceal afterwards. My acne prone skin doesn't like silicone much, so once I get a better color match, I'll get back to you.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by lauralately

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been testing this product out for about a week, with and without primer and powder, and I can officially say I love it. I am giving it a 4, though, because I'm not sure if it will work for everyone. Plus, the packaging - a heavy glass jar - isn't the most convenient or sanitary.

If your skin reacts to silicones, be warned: dimethicone is the first ingredient, and several other 'cones populate the first 10 ingredients on the list. Because of this, even if your skin is happy with silicones, it's best to use a heavy-duty makeup remover, like an oil or a cold cream, to remove this.

The good news is, if your skin tolerates 'cones as well as mine does, this foundation is lovely. The texture is super-creamy and easy to blend, and feels/looks surprisingly light. It doesn't cake, which is a problem I've had with other long-lasting foundations like Double Wear and the old Colorstay. And it lasts and lasts - I kept it on for 12 hours the other day, and it looked fine. I've heard some folks complain that it accentuates dry patches; it didn't do this on me. In fact, it smoothed over my rough patches (dryness, large pores, fine lines) like a dream - it seems to float on top of imperfections.

I prefer to apply this over a primer for added staying power, with a mattifying powder in the T-zone. I use my fingers to apply a thin coat all over, then build it up over particularly stubborn redness.

This foundation is talc-free, and has no sunscreen in it, which means it probably photographs very well. I'm NC15-20, very yellow-toned; in the original Colorstay, I wore Buff, which had a weird gray cast to it. In the Whipped formulation, the Buff shade doesn't have that grayness - it blends perfectly with my yellow-toned skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm NW 20-25 and I wear this foundation in 150 Buff. This is a great "summer shade" for my skin tone, in Winter I will definitely wear Ivory as Buff runs a little dark and yellow for Winter pale skin. I consider myself a foundation lover, but I am rarely impressed with face products (particularly from drugstores). For me, this foundation is better than any other I've tried and that includes the ELDW line, MAC foundations, and even rivals my most beloved Bourjois Healthy Mix (I select Revlon whipped for more coverage days, and Bourjois for "good skin" days).

I agree with other reviewers in that:

1. This foundation is everything we hoped from Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation. It's medium-full coverage without looking cakey and obvious on the skin. This foundation when applied and selected right looks as good as having clear, flawless skin which makes it so wonderful to me.
2. This foundation dries to a matte finish, those who say it doesn't are probably using their fingers to apply. I use the Real Techniques flat top buffing brush to apply this, and it buffs so nicely into my skin. Underneath I wear CeraVe Daily moisturizer with SPF 30 and a primer. I recommend both of these steps (moisturizer + primer) to create the best base for this foundation. It increases the longevity, hides "flakies" and ensures this foundation doesn't get patchy or wear off during the day (although it has great lasting power on it's own).
3. Powder is OPTIONAL for this foundation. In my opinion, this depends on your skin type, and the season/weather conditions where you live. I have combination-oily skin, but I live in Seattle so even our summers are not very hot and therefore I've been applying a light dusting of finishing powder or matte foundation powder mainly in the T-zone area. I typically finish off with a finishing spray, but not always and usually only if I have a long day at work where I want my makeup to stay in place for hours.

I hope this is helpful for others. If you have dry skin, moisturize VERY well before applying this foundation. Powder would most likely be optional for you, as well as for those who desire more of a "dewy finish". For $13.99 in stores (with BOGO sales on Revlon Colorstay often) this foundation is a GREAT buy.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by ksdjfklsdjf

I adore this foundation! I haven't worn a liquid or creme foundation in quite a while. I got the point where i was just using powder because liquid foundations that I have tried (Revlon Colorstay the liquid, MAC mineralize, MAC Pro Longwear, Maybelline Dream smooth mousse and Dream Matte Mousse, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Makeup Forever Face and Body Liquid, etc.) always either looked too heavy, not enough coverage, accentuated pores, broke me out, couldn't find a color match, too shiny or not long lasting. I wanted coverage, but I didn't want it to look heavy and I wanted it to last! I hate when I look great going out the door, but before you know it my makeup has slide off my face! Not cute. That's why I gave up on trying liquid for a while. The reviews here made it tempting to try this foundation. I am so glad that I did! I got this for $14 at my local RiteAid in the color Early Tan. I was afraid the color wouldn't match because another reviewer said this color was orange on her, but it worked surprisingly well with my summer skin color. It lasted throughout the day even with the warm weather. It did get a little oily even though I dusted the colorstay powder over it, but when I blot it still stayed looking great from morning till night. This foundation truly makes me looked airbrushed like as if I am a walking AD for this foundation! Super easy to apply and a little goes a very long way. It also washes off without much hassle. I haven't gotten any major breakouts, but I have only worn it two days. I will update if it breaks me out. I have yet to adore a foundation as much as this one, so I'd say it is definitely worth a try since if you don't like it then it can always be returned.

UPDATE August 7, 2012 - I still loveee this foundation, but I find it to be too heavy for everyday. I went back to powder on a daily basis. I use this for days when I want to look extra good.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by lillicannon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is as great as everyone says. First, the packaging sucks - jars gross me out and this one is HEAVY - but it is what it is.

The makeup itself is lovely. The coverage is buildable without looking cakey, and you have time to put dots all over your face and then blend with a sponge. The texture is a soft light gel creme. It sets to a nice dry finish, but it doesn't look dry - it looks like lovely skin. The colors are similar to the Colorstay Liquid, but I think less grayish, which is great, as the grayish cast to the liquid is why I won't use it. I am fair and am wearing Buff, but in the winter, I'd be Ivory. I only needed a few dots of concealer on two healing pimples that are purplish - it covers well, though you could also do it very lightly.

It wears extremely well - blotting didn't lift the makeup at all for me! That is huge because most makeup slides off my face by midday. I used a silicone moisturizer and then Milk of Magnesia as a primer - I have very oily skin and only needed to blot a few times in 12 hours, and the makeup never came off. I would definitely exfoliate well and use a silicone primer with this as it will highlight any flakiness (though it never settled into my fine lines, which is great!)

It retails for $14, though with loyalty coupons, I paid $7 at CVS. They have tester strips, but only in a medium shade.

Overall, highly recommended! Truly transfer-resistant and actually looks like skin. I'm going to get my 66 year old mother to try it - I wonder if it will look as natural on her older skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Lightweight coverage
Easy to Blend
Good Staying Power

Cons:
Poor color Selection
Not Mattifying

For ref I'm NC 42 and I used Natural Tan because Carmel is just a shade to dark, but Natural Tan is much more suitable for the NC35-7, I figured I could make it work with bronzer. The coverage is more light to medium, beautiful natural finish and felt dry and not tacky on the face. I use RT buffing brush along with Beauty Blender and MAC Blot powder on top. I have combo skin but my dry patches still have oil sitting on top. I've been using this for over 2 weeks and as soon as the temp went up to the 90s this did not keep my face mattified at all. However, I really like the finish and feel of this that I will probably re purchase in the winter when all the shades available come out, this will definitely be perfect as soon as the weather becomes cooler, plus I really like the whipped consistency and the beautiful jar it comes in.