July 28, 2014 | 1204 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2005 9:28:00 AM More reviews by brooklynchick

I bought this because of all the great reviews on the board. I have combo/oily skin and when I went to apply it last night, I was very hesitant. The consistency is that of crisco! Its very thick and rich. This made me scared to put it on my face fearing clogged pores and breakouts.

Well, needless to say, I did it, and when I woke this morning with NO breakouts, just silky soft, well moisturized skin, there was a sigh of relief. My skin was so moisturized that I decided to use this moisturizer under my foundation this morning.

So far.... I love it!
Also I tried it as a hand moisturizer last night and its awesome for that. A tub of this cost me $12.99. Definitely worth it if you need a heavy duty moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2005 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Andreangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Wanted to love it, but it broke me out. This is not for combo/oily/acne prone skin Stay away!!!

For dry skin i think this will be great!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2005 2:09:00 AM More reviews by laeticia521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i got this as a sample. my skin is normal/combination and i find it too greasy for use on my face, i've used it on my body instead but it leaves a greasy feeling so a little goes a long way

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2005 10:48:00 AM More reviews by dollface6

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I sadly look at all of my expensive facial products and wonder when I will use them again. Now that I have tried Cetaphil cream, they sit unused. Recommended by my dermatologist, along with the Cetaphil facial wash, for dermatitis on my face. This stuff is amazing, very simple and unscented, thick and extremely moisturizing. I have very sensitive skin and this cream is gentle and non-clogging, no problems at all. Cured my skin problems in 3 days. I know I will go back to my other products for spring through fall, but in the winter I only need these two Cetaphil products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2005 5:22:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I just bought a tube of this after reading the reviews on MUA. It's exactly what I was looking for: a basic, (sans vitamins, AHAs, BHAs, etc.) scentless cream that's rich enough to moisturize the very dry, skin around my eyes without irritation. Very soothing. The texture is lighter than the Nivea creme I'd used before, so it feels better going on (no vigorous rubbing-in = good for delicate undereye skin) and absorbs much faster. This, in combination with the jojoba oil I use after washing my face, has rescued my eyes from the winter flakies. It was rather pricey for a drug store moisturizer, but the tube will probably last me forever, given the tiny amount I use each day. Thank goodness I didn't buy the enormous tub!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2005 3:15:00 PM More reviews by samulski1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great night-time cream for face for men and women. It is virtually odorless. I don't like digging for the cream at the bottom of the jar, but I will not buy anything else. I have very dry skin, and this is good for the dryest patches and face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2005 10:43:00 PM More reviews by jenaphile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If this cream were packaged in a glass container and said Frederic Fekkai on it, people would pay $65 a jar. This cream is rich, luxurious and sinks in quickly. Unlike TBS Body Butters, which I thought I loved, this cream isn't at all greasy. Even though Kiehls Creme de Corps is my absolute (way too expensive) favorite, I could not love this cream more. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2005 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Desz4817

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this cream for years... it's wonderful!

2008 update: What can I say... I've been using this product "forever". I absolutely love the texture and the soothing qualities of this product. I mostly use it as a body cream... but, have used it on my face (with absolutely no irritation).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2005 8:27:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Both the cream and the lotion are my HG items--they are excellent because they are non-irritating and can be used on any part of the face or body! Because there is no scent, they make great bases for fragrance. For example--I created my own version of the wonderful but expensive Kiehl's deluxe vanilla body lotion by mixing 15 drops Kiehl's vanilla essence oil(expensive but a little goes a long way--very concentrated so it's well worth it)with a separate empty bottle ($2 pretty, clear yellow little bottle from CVS) of transferred Cetaphil lotion--it's absolutely terrific! The scent lasts an extremely long time and of course the lotion is the greatest, so it's the best of both worlds! Cetaphil is the greatest and I've been using it for a long time and will continue to do so. I suppose one could even make the special body lotion mixture with their favourite perfume! Going to try that next....:-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2005 1:34:00 AM More reviews by WestEndGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, I'm impressed. This moisterizer goes on so smooth and makes my skin beatiful. It makes my makeup go on smooth as well. It's simple, which I like. None of crazy ingredients to irritate the skin. This is going to last me FOREVER! The tub is huge!