April 21, 2014 | 1816 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by drdruggirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Over the years, I have accumulated quite the collection of foundations. I hate when foundations feel heavy and look too matte. I think the best way to find a color match is to go to a store and swatch it. It is too hard to order online via MAC coloring. For reference I am NW20-25 and I purchase punjab (originally ordered deauville). It is a medium coverage which blends into my skin exactly. There is noway you can see inperfections. You would never know I was wearing foundation. My skin just feel moisturized. After removal of this, my skin is softer and more even. I have found my HG and now thrown out my other foundations. PS thanx MUA or else I would have never found this

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by genericbecca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is the only makeup product I could never live without. I have a hard time finding foundation because I am so pale, but it turns out that Siberia is the absolute perfect match for me. My cheeks are normal, but my t-zone is incredibly oily. Foundations start running off of my nose or my chin after one hour and the blotting sheets do nothing for me. However, my pores are nearly invisible and the foundation withstands the insane amounts of oil that my face produces. Another thing that is really great about this foundation is that it doesn't oxidize. I've had issues with foundations turning yellow on my face but I do not have that issue with this. The only downsides are that it is really expensive and it doesn't come with a pump. I felt like I was going to pass out when I was paying for this despite knowing the price beforehand. Without the pump, I tend to pour out way more than needed, so quite a bit of the product is wasted which means more money down the drain. Even though the cons are definitely disappointing, the pros completely outweigh them. I am absolutely going to buy this product again, but next time i'll try to find a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by lihenegri

I like this foundation. It's medium coverage, good enough for daily use. For stage use, just need to use double amount, it covers very well. As I have concert sometimes, I need a foundation cover well for stage and also nature looking as after the concert I might need to talk to people. To me, it's the best.

I actually chose a coulor a bit darker than my skin as I dont want to look soooooooo pale white on photos.

I have normal skin. The Lancome foundation is too oily for me, and the MAC is too dry. this NARS is just what I want.

And it NEVER gives you that mask looking, so I love it!!

I bought it for 28, which is ok and it last a long time even you use everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by nitumathew

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. I am one of the odd ones that could never find an exact match to my skin using the MAC foundations. The closest match was the Mineralize Satinfinish in NC50 which is lighter than the normal NC50 and darker than NC45.
Anyway, I use Sheer Glow in the color Macao. Although Sephora doesnt have all the shades, I bought mine from C O Bigleow after a makeup consult. I love how it feels and covers so effectively.
The only con I see is the fact that it can get slightly messy since it doesnt come with a pump. I consider this an investment to get glowy, dewy and natural skin or at least the look of it without piling tons of makeup on.

I have to give kudos to NARS who have mastered the art of having several shades for darker skintones and having different shades of yellow too! LOVE IT!!

EDIT: 11/14/10
Macao is definitely my fall and winter color. I did go buy a pump from the NARS website for 6 bucks. I only wish that one of the NARS colors would work for me in the summer, but the other shades are darker than my summer tan:( I still love the foundation and using my second bottle!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by baybeelee

so i'd been on the hunt for a great foundation and i got samples from a couple of brands. I didn't like the drying finish of mufe hd and it broke me out. I also tried the hourglass veil foundation and it was so sticky and hard to blend. This however is awesome! It provides a medium coverage that feels lightweight, blends effortlessly and a little goes a long way! My sister commented that my face appeared to glow and that it didn't appear flakely on my cheeks which happens to me often. It cannot completely cover my dark acne marks however and is very expensive which is why i took off a lippie. It's lack of a pump does not bother me so much since i just put my finger over the opening when shaking it and then apply the product that gets stuck on my finger all over my face

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by BabyEna

At long last, I found my HG Liquid foundation.

I have been searching the highest of mountains and lowest of pits and found something which 1. do not cake 2. melts away easily 3. within the humid in SE Asia. 4. Did not break out on me. 5. Covers my minor imperfections. 6. Did not make my nose like an oil slick even after 12 hours of work and sweat. (the rest of my face is dry). This list could go on but I shall stop for now.

I really love the Nars Sheer Glow. Its truly amazing. I have tested so many liquid fdts and everyone of them either caked on me, looks like a mask, feels heavy and uncomfortable but the NSG isn't one of those. Its extremely light and pleasant. Easy to spread on as well unlike Relvon Colorstay. I own like 7 ftd bottles at home and I find that I reach the NGS all the time.

The medium coverage is amazingly soft and makes me look airbrushed. I love that its fragance free,

The problem was Stromboli is too yellow for me. I am a mixed Asian with neutral skin tone. Will be getting Punjab once I'm at the duty-frees again. Another is that I hate the packaging of all Nars products and wishes this one comes with a pump very soon. Sometimes I over-spill them too much and I go OMG my $50 foundation T_T

My HG Foundation routine>> Studio Fix NC30 lightly brushed over Sheer Glow.

my makeup blog x www.mylittleplayhouse.wordpress.com x

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Sadbh123

I bought this in Light 1 which is a great match and has no pinky undertones like alot of light foundations do.
It makes my skin perfect without being heavy, and when applied with a Mac 109 it looks really flawless. My only problem with it is it dries out my skin a bit. Not an awful lot but it's still annoying. Other then that I really like it, but prefer my Armani Lasting silk.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 7:42:00 AM More reviews by jadorecaitlyn

I use NARS sheer glow in Barcelona and it is my perfect match. The coverage is buildable, I can really build up coverage where I need it without feeling cakey. This is actually a very lightweight foundation, it hardly feels like I have anything on. The price isn't too pleasing though. It's very expensive. I find myself skipping days when I usually wouldn't, because I want to save the product. Nars could've done better with the packaging though. It's not that bad, but really, for $42 dollars you couldn't include a pump? Overall I really enjoy this foundation, but I wouldn't repurchase it because of the price and packaging, If I could find a cheap foundation pump and the price went down, I would. I don't really find it worth it to spend so much when my MAC Studio Sculpt really did the job and cost around $13 less.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by lala01

I bought this in Tahoe (NC42-44) which was a tad too warm for me during the winter months but I didnt hold that against this foundation. I have combo oily skin and soooo many people were saying that this foundation worked just fine for us oily girls despite being marketed towards dry skin. Anyway, I found that this melted off my face despite using diff primers and setting with MUFE HD powder. Gave a nice finish though-- sort of dewy which translated into oily for me later in the day. If you have normal skin and dont mind the price tag, give this a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by lollyberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this foundation because of all the rave reviews, though I did read many others that didn't find this foundation so great. I actually am not sure where to start on this foundation. It's very thin and watery compared to the other foundations I have tried. I tip the bottle onto the back of my hand but have to be very careful so it won't run everywhere. Compared to the studio fix that I have, it's very nice as studio fix is thick and seems kind of goopy.

I use MAC 109 to apply this foundation and dot it on my face. The first time I tried to stipple but found it was useless so I just swirled it and buffed and found it blended wonderfully. It's not sheer and it doesn't really glow but it gives a decent amount of coverage depending on how much you use. I don't need a lot so mine was a little less that medium. It's kind of matte but has a little bit of glow. Best part is that it didn't rub off onto my boyfriend's clothes AND it did not leave me with little bumps on my face by the end of the day which studio fix does even though I am very thorough with removing foundation. In pictures it did not give me a white cast glow and whatnot. Actually I found that this foundation to be a perfect match for my skin. I am in MAC NC35 and studio fix is actually a bit too yellow and seems to be a tad light. But Sheer Glow was perfect (got it in Stromboli), it looked a bit yellow in the bottle but when i put it on, just perfect.

It leaves the skin looking soft (not to mention to the touch!) and flawless. But the thing is, it looks TOO flawless. My boyfriend noticed immediately that I was wearing foundation and said it was too perfect. And to be honest he was right. It did make me look very made up even though my make up routine hadn't changed except for the foundation.

Any who, I'm on the fence on whether or not to return this as it is VERY expensive ($55 CDN) and it is something I don't know if I would keep buying when I run out because again for the price. It's a very good foundation, but probably not very worth it for the steep price. There is probably something out there that will give the same everything as Sheer Glow but just not as expensive.