NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 10/18/2010 3:42:00 PM

I've gone through two bottles of this foundation. This WAS my HG foundation up until my skin started getting dry. This is amazing for oily skin. Glides on smoothly and staying power (for me) is pretty good. It leaves you with a dewy finish and it looks very natural. What I love about this foundation is that it accentuates (sp?) dry spots on your face..which tells me when I need to hunt for a hydrating foundation. I don't mind splurging on MU(as I said before i've gone through 2 bottles of this and 2 bottles of LM oil-free foundation plus her tinted moisturizer, all priced at $40+). If anybody can direct me to a hydrating/moisturizing foundation, I would really appreaciate it:)

on 10/17/2010 7:30:00 PM

I bought this product a week ago after reading and watching wonderful reviews of people online. I thought it will be really really amazing but i was wrong. I was hesitant to buy this foundation because of the price, I thought it was overpriced for the amount of product you get. After doing some research, i decided to go ahead and get it. I was really disappointed with this product, it made my face so cakey. I tried so many ways to apply this, i used my hands (as the Makeup artist told me), i used different kinds of brushes and wet sponge as well. None of them worked at all. This product made my combination skin really dry and it also clogged my pores. I have a pretty clear skin but after using this, i noticed that there are couple white heads pop up around my nose. Its really disgusting.

For people who uses this and love it, good for you! I wish i can love this product as much as you guys. I just bought MUFE HD foundation today and it seems to work wonderfully.

I will never buy this product again and will definitely return this product because i feel like i just wasted my money for nothing.

on 10/17/2010 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like seemingly all the other negative reviewers, I've been eyeballing Sheer Glow for a while, and finally caved in a few weeks ago. I tried Sheer Matte when it also first came out, hated it, and ended up swapping, so I was kind of hesitant with this one. I wish I received a sample to try before I bought it because that would have saved so much of my time. I was matched with Punjab which, surprisingly, turned out to be a perfect match. I've never found a perfect foundation shade... ever, so you could imagine how thrilled I was. After trying it for a few days, though, I couldn't bring myself to like it. The application was all wrong and it made me look so damn cakey. I tried to change the routine using my fingers, different brushes, and other applicators but nothing worked -- still cakey. The foundation wore off in no more than three hours and began to gather around the creases on my face (corners of my nose, my eyelids, my mouth) and I was less than impressed. I have a morning-to-night schedule; this would not suffice. Why I gave it two lippies instead of one: The glorious shade match! If anyone uses Punjab and knows the exact color dupe, please message me! :) Also, it didn't make me break out whatsoever, and with my super sensitive acne-prone skin, this is a feat.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

With almost the whole 'beauty community' going on about how this was an amazing foundation, I wanted to give it a go. I believe this was formulated for those with dry skin...But I found that it made any dry patches look 10x worse. Even dry patches that could not be seen or felt on my skin...This foundation made them show up. I also found it a little difficult to blend. Maybe it is just the brush I'm using that isn't making this foundation as good as it can be?
It's no wonder people with oily skin are loving this foundation.

on 10/15/2010 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I bought this product after hearing so many great reviews. Everytime I went to sephora, I would always stare and it and wonder if I needed it. I bought this last week, and was matched with Stromboli. I loved it at first, but then I realized it made my face look really dull and lifeless. This foundation definitely does not have the "glow". I wanted a foundation that was semi-matte, but this is definitely a matte foundation. I am normal skin but I have a very oily t-zone, and while it did help control the oil, this foundation made my skin look dry, and I don't have dry skin. This is going back.

on 10/15/2010 11:21:00 AM

I wanted to like this product. I have combination skin and hormonal acne during period. I initially bought Sheer Matte but it was so difficult to apply to evenly. It looked great in photos so i decided to go for Sheer Glow. It applied much more easily. However it sits in my pores...it makes them look larger and shows up every hair on my face. It does actually give ok coverage. However after about 5 or 6 hours its melting off my face. I could live with all this, but my reason this product fails is because it breaks me out really badly. After one day wearing it for 5 hours i will have about 5 new cystic spots. Foundation doesnt normally break me out, so i was disappointed this one did. I urge Nars to make a acne prone, pore reducing foundation for young twenty something year old skin foundation. This was disappointing

Edit June 2011:after using this for longer I grew to really like it. It didnt seem to break me out after. The application was easy and i got used to "sheer" coverage as my skin improved. I like that it has no spf for photos. Still not the best foundation ever and i think i could try out Chanel ones next. But it was nice.

on 10/14/2010 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love this foundation. Don't really use foundation anymore and then with all the glowing reviews on this tried it out. I am have medium olive skin (I use Stromboli) and have normal to oily skin with not real issues to cover up. T-zone is oily...

Its getting dry on the east coast so hard to say if I would wear in summer. so far used for nice occasions and it looks great- doesn't fade on me. I have yellow toned skin so love Nars yellowish tones. This foundation is lightweight, noncakey, buildable and looks really good.

I love looking at my skin after putting this on..make me look really polished and makes me feel pretty....

I actually like and prefer the no pump bottle - I like being able to control how much I use - pump products/click pens are designed to use up product faster IMO
Update: I have been using this more and while I still like it I don't think its buildable....which is fine for me but I say this is like tinted moisturizer coverage level. IMO is good for one light layer (I used a sponge). More than that and it looks weird.

on 10/12/2010 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is the only foundation that matches my skin tone. I bought Siberia. This was $42 at Sephora. I bought the primer with spf 20 too which I need since we should always use spf.

pros: sheer (if you want sheer), but buildable. Comes in a variety of shades. not drying (on me anyway). covers well without caking terribly.

cons: pricey. packing isn't great (cap has the matted finish which causes everything to stick to it). cakes a little and causes creasing around my mouth after a smile.

biggest complaint is the price. and i have yet to find a foundation which doesn't cause some caking and creasing.

on 10/12/2010 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

My great U.S. friend cp'd this for me as Sephora in my area don't carry NARS anymore and I have to drive an hour long to go to another Sephora where they still carry this (but most of the time a lot of items are out of stock). I really like that this blends so nicely, buttery soft and a dream to apply. Doesn't feel heavy at all, really very light on the skin. The reason I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 is because it really did not give that nice glow to my skin, it is more of a medium coverage with very nice consistency and soft feeling on the skin, but yeah, I am missing the glow. I have tried it with foundaiton primer, moisturizer etc, but it still gives me no glow. And for some reason, I can't understand the finish can be a bit blotchy on my dry skin no matter how much I exfoliate and moisturized my skin prior to applying this. It is not so noticeable, though, I can see it when I look so closely to the mirror. Also, while I like the NARS foundation bottle, am not so fan that it is pumpless. As for the color, am between NC 40-42 in MAC, I choosed the Syracuse in this one, it turn out that it is a bit orange yellow tan on my skintone. It is not horrible looking, as I try to adjust it with a moisturizer, this works well under Philosophy Divine Illumination Cream (yes, my skin is that dry that I even use this cream at day time and can use under make up). I noticed that with the Divine Illumination underneat this foundation the color kinda lighten a bit. Now to repurchasing this? Yes, because I really really like how the consistency and the buttery soft feel on the skin; but, I may have to buy a lighter one, I think in Barcelona the next time.

on 10/11/2010 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

PROS:
-Doesn't look cakey
-Doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation
-Blends Beautifully

CONS:
-I had a hard time finding my shade, it was either a bit too yellow or white. I'm between Santa Fe and Stromboli.
-There is no pump

Definitely worth the buy!